剧集 | 睡魔(2022) | 导航列表
可到了某天晚上 有足够多的人做了这个梦
But then one night, enough of them dreamed.
人数不算多 顶多只有一千人
It wasn't many, a thousand perhaps, no more.
他们做了这个梦
They dreamed.
第二天 情况就发生了变化
And the next day, things changed.
我们成了人类的猎物 被狗和人类的金属机器猎捕
We were prey to them, to dogs, their metal machines.
我们变得矮小 而人类变得硕大
We were tiny, and they were huge.
所以是人类改变了世界 使它成为如今的样子的?
So, they changed the world? Made it like it is now?
确切地说 并非如此
Not exactly.
他们对世界有梦想 所以世界一直是如今的样子
They dreamed the world, so it was always the way it is now.
一个由猫统治的世界从来就没存在过
There was never a world where cats reigned.
人类从万物之初就改变了世界 直至时间的尽头
They changed it from beginning of all things to the end of time.
世界一直是这副模样
It was ever thus.
你现在懂了吗?
Do you understand now?
嗯 我懂了
Yes. Yes, I do.
那你现在应该知道你的任务
Then you know what your task must be.
你必须承担的责任是什么了
The burden you must bear.
你够强大吗?
Are you strong enough?
嗯 我…
Yes, I…
我希望是这样
I hope so.
那就醒过来吧 孩子 我祝福你
Then wake, child. With my blessing.
所以你们瞧 我见过 他向我展示的东西软肋何在
You see, I had seen the soft underbelly of what he had shown me.
那晚我出走了 决意要传播这个好消息
I left that night to spread the good news.
现在我四处行走
And now I travel from place to place.
我曾在空旷的地方向野猫布道
I have preached to feral cats in empty places,
向星星喊出我的理念
shouting my message to the stars.
我曾在巷子里对别的猫悄声布道
I have whispered it to cats in alleyways.
无论我去哪里 我的理念始终如一
And wherever I have gone, my message is the same.
要敢于梦想
Dream it.
只要有足够多的猫敢于梦想 只要达到一千只 我们就能创造出
If enough of us dream, a bare thousand, we can dream a world where no cat suffers,
一个猫无需受苦的世界
where no kittens die, cold and alone.
不会有小猫在寒冷中孤独死去 所有猫都会是创世女王或国王
Where all cats are queens and kings of creation.
这就是我的理念
That is my message.
我会不停行走 反复讲道 直到我死去
And I shall keep moving, repeating it until I die
或者直到有一千只猫听我宣讲后 相信我的理念 开始做梦
or until a thousand cats hear my words and believe them and dream.
然后我们就能再次迎来…天堂
And we come again… to paradise.
夫人?
Mistress?
我相信你的理念
I believe.
那我们就有希望 孩子
Then there is hope, child.
我还是得替她说一句 至少她还挺有趣的
Well, she was amusing at least. I'll say that for her.
你觉得她描述的那种景象会实现吗?
Do you think it will happen like she said?
我才不信有谁 能说服一千只猫同时做任何事呢
I'd like to see anyone, prophet, God or king,
不论是先知、上帝还是国王都办不到
persuade a thousand cats to do anything at the same time.
太阳就快升起了
The sun will rise soon.
我还是赶紧送你回家吧 小家伙
Let's get you home, little one.
你瞧 它还在睡觉
Oh, look, she's still asleep.
我觉得它在做梦
I think she's dreaming.
不知道猫都会做什么梦
I wonder what cats dream about.
看它抽动的样子 它可能在捉什么东西
The way she's twitching, she's probably hunting something.
你看它 是不是很可爱?
Oh, look at her. Isn't that cute?
对 非常可爱
It is. It's really cute.
剧名:卡丽奥佩
你不能因为写起来容易
You can't force a character to do something
就硬让一个角色做某事
just because it's easier for you as a writer.
角色是最重要的
The character has to come first.
其他的都必须跟着角色走
Everything else follows.
包括每一个情节转折、每一句对白
Every plot twist, every line of dialogue.
每一段令人焦虑的、意味深长的沉默
Every… fraught, meaningful silence.
有谁想提问吗?
Any questions?
请说
Yeah.
你能稍微跟我们讲一下 你的创作过程吗?
Could you tell us a bit about your process?
对于我们这些刚刚起步
Uh, do you have any advice for those of us who are just starting out
很难不讨厌自己写的任何东西的人 你有什么建议吗?
and finding it difficult to not hate every single thing I write?
我很遗憾地告诉大家 我搞写作有很长时间了 可是…
I am sad to report that I've been doing this for a very long time, and…
依然觉得写作很难
it doesn't get any easier.
但是写不出东西时不要灰心
But try not to be discouraged when it is difficult.
我的首部小说被七家出版商拒绝后
My debut novel was rejected by seven publishers
才成为畅销书 所以…
before it became a best-seller, so…
好了 今天的课结束
Right. That's it for today.
别忘了作业 同一个事件
Oh, don't forget the assignment, the same event
从两个人物非常不同的视角讲述
told from two characters' very different points of view.
东西带来了吗?
Did you get it?
费了我一点功夫 不过…
Took some doing, but…
带来了
yeah.
这个…
It's, um…
很完美 谢谢
It's perfect. Thank you.
不客气
You're welcome.
你这样的作家
I think it's admirable
为了搞清楚一样东西 能研究得这么深入 真是令人钦佩
how far a writer like you will go when it comes to research.
我也很高兴能认识一位准医生 好处可不少
Ah, well, it's handy to know a soon-to-be doctor.
其实我本来想当作家的
I actually wanted to be a writer,
但我父母坚持要我学医 说这样有个退路
but my parents insisted I have something to fall back on.
我有空闲时依然会写作 但是…
I still write, uh, when I have time, but--
你父母很明智
Your parents are very wise.
相信我 学医更好
You're better off. I promise.
好了 我要怎么还你人情?
Uh, so, what do I owe you?
不用还 -别这么说 诺拉…
Nothing. -Stop. Nora--
我是说真的
Honestly.
反正我不拿过来 它也可能会被焚毁
It probably would have been incinerated anyway.
我只求你别跟人说 你是怎么搞到这东西的
Um, just don't tell anyone where you got it.
我不会的 我保证
I won't. I promise.
还有…如果你不介意的话
And, um… if you wouldn't mind.
能否帮我签个名?
Would you sign this for me?
当然可以
Of course.
你知道你的新书什么时候会发布吗?
Any idea when the new book is coming out?
不知道 但到时 你肯定会在我的致谢名单中
Uh, no. But you will definitely be in the acknowledgements.
是续集吗?
Is it a sequel?
还是全新的作品?
Or something new?
这可不能讲
That would be telling.
是谁?
Who is it?
理查德马多克求见伊拉兹姆斯弗莱
Richard Madoc to see Erasmus Fry.
我马上下来
I'll be straight down.
你一个人来的?
Are you alone?
是 只有我 东西我拿来了
It's just me. I've got it.
那就进来吧 亲爱的孩子
Well, then come in, dear boy, come in.
你好吗 理查德?
How are you, Richard?
最近写了什么深刻的 激荡人心的东西吗?
Written anything profound and stirring recently?
你明知我没有 弗莱先生
You know I haven't, Mr. Fry.
我不知道
No.
我整整一年没写出来一个字 写出来的也全都扔了
I haven't written a single word in a year. Nothing I haven't thrown away.
那我劝你先坐下来喝一杯
Then I suggest you sit down, have a drink,
然后给我看看你带来的礼物 先看礼物再喝酒也行
and show me my present, not necessarily in that order.
行
Yep.
真不赖 亲爱的孩子
Oh, well done, dear boy.
这是真正的毛粪石
A genuine trichino-bezoar.
你了解这种东西吗?
Do you know about these?
它们一般是从喜欢吃自己头发的
They're generally removed from the stomachs of young women
年轻女性的胃里取出来的
who are in the habit of ingesting their own hair.
这种病叫“长发公主症”
The Rapunzel syndrome, it's called.
以前的人认为胃石有神秘力量
Bezoars were once believed to possess mystic powers.
能解毒 能治病
They can remedy poison, make the sick well.
爱德华四世之所以 受了毒伤还能活下来
Edward IV survived the effects of a poison wound
就完全是因为他有一个胃石
due solely to the possession of a bezoar.
抱歉 我知道我又在絮叨了
Yes, I see, I'm lecturing again.
一个无人对谈的老作家 会慢慢喜欢上自言自语的
An old writer with no one to talk to grows fond of the sound of his own voice.
你现在应该很想看我给你的礼物吧?
But I suppose you'd like your present now.
当年我27岁 正在探访赫利孔山
I was 27, visiting Mount Helicon.
为了创作又一部 我深知一定会放弃的小说在搞研究
Researching yet another novel I was sure to abandon.
这部小说倚重希腊神话
This one steeped in Greek mythology.
我在山上时 发现了一件写有古老文字的宝物
And while I was there, I discovered a trove of ancient texts
上面记载了缪斯的事以及如何
about the Muses and how to control them
使用白花黑根魔草、黄花茖葱 和某些失传的仪式来控制她们
剧集 | 睡魔(2022) | 导航列表