which escaped your forbears,Musgrave,
他希望能从中得利
from which he expected some personal advantage.
如果我没推测错
If I can read it right
我手中掌握着
I hold in my hand the clue
关于管家布兰斯顿和女仆瑞秋
to the truth concerning both the butler Brunton
事情真♥相♥的线索
and the maid Howells.
太阳于何处?橡树之上
Wherever is the sun over the oak?
影子于何处?榆树之下
Where was the shadow on the elm?
这就是榆树生长的位置?
So this is where it grew?
是的
Yes.
我想已经不可能告诉我
I suppose it's impossible
树的高度了吧?
to tell me how high it was?
我立马就能告诉你
I can give you that at once.
六十四英尺
It was sixty-four feet.
我以前的家庭教师
It's my old tutor;
教我学三角学
he used to give me lessons in trigonometry.
我小时候就知道
When I was a lad I used to know
庄园内每棵树
the height of every tree
每座建筑的高度了
and building on this estate.
我很感激你的家庭教师
I am grateful to your tutor.
布兰斯顿曾经在这个草坪
Tell me did Brunton ever ask you such a question
问过同样的问题吗?
here on this lawn?
你让我想起来了
Now that you call it to my mind.
布兰斯顿?
Brunton?
你在这做什么呢?
What are you doing here?
享受美好的夜晚 先生
Enjoying the evening,sir.
这是我的私人草坪
This is my private lawn.
请原谅我请教一个问题
You pardon me for asking sir,
曾经在这里的那棵
the elm that once stood here,
被雷击中的榆树
that was struck by lightning,
你已经不记得有多高了
you wouldn't remember the height of it
是吗 先生?
would you sir?
你为什么想知道这个呢?
Well why should you want to know that?
我和特雷杰丽丝先生在争论呢
Well I'm arguing with Mr. Tregallis about it.
我说是五十英尺高 他说不止
I say it was fifty feet,he put it higher.
我们打了个小赌
We have a small wager on it.
那你得输了 布兰斯顿
Oh,well you've lost your wager,Brunton.
是六十四英尺高
It was sixty-four feet.
是吗?
Awe,was it?
我还是大方点
I shall just have to be a good sport
愿赌服输吧
and pay up then.
谢谢 先生
Thank you sir.
福尔摩斯?
Holmes?
没错 华生
Huh?
我的天啊
Oh good lord!
我们现在必须找到
Now we must find where
当太阳偏离橡树时
the shadow of the elm would have fallen
榆树的影子会落到哪里
when the sun is just clear of that oak.
那很有难度 福尔摩斯
Well that'll be difficult,Holmes,
因为榆树已经没了
since the elm's no longer there.
来吧 华生
Oh now come,Watson.
如果布兰斯顿能做到 我们也能
If Brunton can do it then so can we.
答案就在三角学中
The answer lies in trigonometry.
马斯格雷夫 我需要庄园里的
Musgrave I need all the fishing rods
所有鱼竿
that you have in the hall.
福尔摩斯?
Holmes?
是的
Yes.
我… 我不太明白
I... I don't quite follow this.
太好了
Awe splendid!
马斯格雷夫?
Musgrave?
庄园里所有的鱼竿
Every rod in the house.
谢谢
Thank you.
请把尺子给我 华生
Measuring stick please,Watson.
请帮我拿着好吗 马斯格雷夫?
Would you hold that for me,Musgrave please?
还有那个?
And that?
现在将绳子一端
Now will you take the last yard of the string
绑在鱼竿底部 华生
and tie it to the base of the fishing rod,Watson?
好的
Yes.
完成以后
And when you've done that
带着礼典
would you bring the Ritual
来草坪找我
and join me on the lawn?
请量一下那个影子好吗 华生?
Would you measure that shadow,please Watson?
九英尺
Nine feet.
这一来就很容易计算了
So the calculation is now a simple one.
如果鱼竿是六英尺
If a fishing rod of six feet
投下个影子是九英尺
throws a shadow of nine feet
榆树高六十四英尺
then a tree of sixty-four feet
那影子是?
would throw one of?
九十八
Ninety-eight.
九十六
Ninety-six.
没错
Yes of course.
两者肯定在
And the line of one of course
同一直线上
would be the line of the other.
华生 看
Watson look!
距离我的记号♥两英寸
Two inches from mine.
布兰斯顿作的记号♥
A mark made by Brunton.
把步数念给我听
Now read out the steps.
向西八步乘八步
West eight by eight.
六十四步
Sixty-four.
向南七步乘七步
Then south seven by seven.
四十九步
Forty-nine.
向西
West.
六步乘六步
Six by six.
三十六步 然后
Thirty-six and
向南五步乘五步
South Five by five.
然后呢?
And?
两步乘两步
Two by Two.
一 二 三 四
One,two,three,four.
不可能
I don't believe it.
你计算有误
Some mistake in your calculations.
不可能
That's impossible.
布兰斯顿还没来过这
Brunton hasn't been here.
两步乘两步 于此下方
Two by two and so under.
这些石头很多年没有动过了
These stones haven't been moved in many a long year.
于此下方
And under.
福尔摩斯
Holmes.
你忘记了"于此下方"
You've forgotten the 'and under.'
这里有地窖么?
Is there a cellar under here?
有 年代和房♥子一样老
As old as the house.
这里原本遍地都是木材
There's been wood all over the floor.
那是布兰斯顿的围巾
That's Brunton's muffler.
我确定
I'd swear to it.
华生
Watson!
巡官 这是我的一位朋友
Inspector,this is a friend of mine,
华生医生
Doctor Watson.
巡官
Inspector,
我在法医学方面有些许经验
I have some experience in forensic pathology.
这名男子已经死亡两天了
The man has been dead for two days.
窒息死亡
Cause of death suffocation.
没有伤口或瘀伤 先生?
No wound or bruise on this person,sir?
没有
None.
意外 是吗?
Accident hey?
毫无疑问
Oh there's no doubt about it.
他肯定一个人在那里
He must have been down there alone
石板就盖上了 可怜的人
and the flagstone just fell shut on him,poor fellow.
雷金纳德先生
Sir Reginald,
据说您的管家所在的地下室
I'm told that your butler was down in the cellar
已经废弃不用了
in an unused part of the house.
他在那里做什么 先生?
What was his business there sir?
管家的工作
A butler's duties
是多样且多变的 巡官
剧集 | 福尔摩斯历险记(1984) | 导航列表