would be Rivers,
他送日报到学校门房♥
who delivers the Daily Post to the lodge.
你确定这封信跟它们在一起
And you're sure this letter was among them?
是的 我能肯定
Oh yes. I observed it.
你发现什么了 福尔摩斯先生
And what have you observed,Mr. Holmes?
你的调查有进展了吗
How does your investigation progress?
你会让我失望吗
Are you to disappoint me?
我仍希望能带给您最大的希望
I hope still to render your greater happier
并使我自己成为更富裕的人
and myself a richer man.
你发现了什么?
And what have you discovered?
我澄清了一件事
It is mostly a matter of clarification.
我相信那孩子是
My belief is that the boy was
被事先安排好的诱饵引出了学校
tempted out of the school by a prearrangement
而我怀疑 他的母亲
and I suspect that his mother
可能正是诱饵
may have been the bait.
德语教师发现了他的出逃
The German master observed his departure
出发去追
and set off in pursuit.
我们在荒原上费了一番周折
We tracked the passage of his bicycle
追踪到了他的自行车踪迹
across the moors with much difficulty.
车胎印就好像
It is almost as if the tracks
被人有意擦拭过一样
were deliberately sponged by someone...
福尔摩斯先生?
Mr. Holmes?
有人驾着马车
Someone driving cattle.
你不会碰巧知道荒原上的马车…
You don't happen to know if the cattle on the moor...
它们怎么了?
What about them?
我希望你没有看见
I hope you have seen none.
在这种高地气候下
We cannot winter cattle outside
冬天我们是不驾车外出的
in our upland climate.
在接下来的这两周里
They will not be out of the yard for,
它们是不会再外出的
oh at least another two weeks.
那我还真是闭目塞听了
Then I've been as blind as the beetle.
谢谢你 公爵大人
I thank you,Grace.
旧蹄铁新掌钉 旧蹄铁新掌钉
Old shoes and new nails! Old shoes and new nails!
福尔摩斯 你应该来看看这个
Holmes there's something you should see!
一头牛如此行走奔跑可不寻常
It is a remarkable cow which walks,canters,and gallops.
看到这些马蹄铁了吗
Do you see those horseshoes?
看到了
I saw them.
带走霍尔德芮斯勋爵的人
Whoever took Lord Holdernesse
给他的马钉了不同的马蹄铁
Shoed their horses with different horseshoes.
以避免被人发现
To escape detection.
卢宾·黑斯是利用了
Reuben Hayes took advantage of
当地的历史
a piece of local history?
太糟了 华生 太糟了
It's bad Watson,bad.
北边的秃鹰为我们指明了犯罪现场
Those vultures of the north mark the spot.
德语教师
German master.
从尸体上能看出些什么?
What's left of him?
你好
Hello!
你好
Hello!
你好
Hello!
你好
Hello,hello!
血肉模糊
Skin and blood.
用显微镜才能知道是不是人干的
Only a microscope would tell if it's human.
肯定与黑斯脖子上的抓痕相吻合
A consistent no doubt to the scratch on Hayes' neck.
是的
Oh yes.
死因呢
Cause of death?
勒杀
Strangulation.
喉头被重压
The larynx is quite crushed.
那个牧羊人
That shepherd can be
可以帮我们将这噩耗
our messenger to the priory school
传到修道院公学
with the news of this tragedy.
我们得靠走的了 华生
We must proceed on foot,Watson.
我曾很暖和
I was warm!
在那小旅馆里
At that Inn,
就像孩子们说的 很暖
warm as the children say.
我越是远离小路
The trail grows colder
我就越是寒冷
every step I take away from it.
我怎么知道把尸体放到哪里
How was I supposed to know where to put the body.
现在都结束了 阿瑟
It's all over now,Arthur.
卢宾·黑斯
Reuben Hayes.
但愿我们还不算太晚
Let's hope we're not too late.
邓洛普牌的外部加厚的车胎
A Dunlop with a patch on the outer cover.
这儿发生什么了 黑斯夫人
What happened here Mrs. Hayes?
我很高兴
I'm satisfied that you
你并不赞同对这桩买♥♥卖♥♥
have no liking for this business
并在他们的威逼下进行了反抗
and that you acted under coercion.
有人带走了那孩子
Someone came for the boy.
是公爵的秘书 瓦尔德先生吗?
The Duke's secretary,Mr. Wilder?
他们朝哪走了?
Which way did they go?
是穿过荒原跑了吗?
Across the moor?
沿着彻斯特菲尔德路
It's aboard the Chesterfield Road
往他的小别♥墅♥跑去了
where be his cottage.
谢谢 黑斯夫人
Excellent Mrs. Hayes.
我必须得去警告公爵 华生
I must alert the Duke's household,Watson.
你现在是那孩子的守护天使
You are now the boy's guardian angel.
我想公爵大人的支票簿就在桌子底下吧
I fancy I see your Grace's checkbook upon your desk.
我将很高兴看到您写一张
I would be glad if you would make me out a check
金额为6000磅的支票给我
for six thousand pounds.
最好您再背签下
Perhaps it would be best if you were to cross it.
我的代理银行是城乡银行
The Capital and Counties Bank,
牛津街支行
Oxford Street branch,are my agents.
福尔摩斯先生
I do not possess a temperament,
我可没有这种闲情
Mr. Holmes that appreciates
来欣赏将您那所谓的
the kind of acidulous pleasantry
尖酸的幽默
that clearly amuses you.
抱歉 但我可看不出来
I am sorry,but I do not see how
詹姆斯 就是瓦尔德先生
James,Mr. Wilder
会牵涉到这件事中
could possibly be implicated in this business
而且您也没有证据
and you average not proof of it.
不 我有证据
But I possess the proof.
这是毋庸置疑的
It is beyond debate.
你窗扉上的马蹄铁
The mud is scarcely dry on the
泥引还没全干呢
cloven horseshoes in your casements.
你为什么不相信我的话?
Why do you doubt my word?
你似乎对一切都闭目塞听
You seem to suffer from a blindness.
你这种做法♥会♥带你走向疯狂
Your own interest,which borders on madness.
公爵大人
Your Grace,
大厅里的画像
those portraits in the hall
是年轻时的你和你父亲
of you and your father as young men,
你的家庭秘密已经无法掩盖了
there your family liniments are very clear.
瓦尔德先生
How long has Mr. Wilder
为你效力已经多久了
been in your service?
你什么意思
What is your meaning?
你怎么敢 先生
How dare you sir!
你根本不明白
You do not understand!
你是个无礼的人
You are a barbarian!
你永远不会… 请立刻离开
You will never... please leave me immediately.
我不会… 我
I won't... I...
如我所料
Then it is as I suspected
詹姆斯·瓦尔德先生是你的儿子
Mr. James Wilder is your son.
当我还年轻的时候 福尔摩斯先生
When I was a very young man,Mr. Holmes,
我也曾爱过
I loved,
爱之深
with such a love
一生唯有一次
that comes only once in a lifetime.
我想跟她结婚
I offered the lady marriage
但她拒绝了
but she refused it
因为那样的结合
on the grounds that such a match
可能会毁了我的事业
might mar my career.
如果她还活着
Had she lived,
我绝对不会跟别人结婚的
I would certainly never had married anyone else
但她死了
but she died
只留下一个孩子
剧集 | 福尔摩斯历险记(1984) | 导航列表