剧集 | 约翰·里弗(2015) | 导航列表
When the mad hares breed? Because you're mad!
疯狂野兔的繁殖期吗 因为你疯了
Madness can bring its own kind of clarity, Bridie.
疯子也有自己分辨是非的办法 伯迪
Did you shoot your own daughter?
是你枪杀了自己的女儿吗
Did Michael kill her?
是迈克尔杀了她吗
Did Michael kill Stevie?
是不是迈克尔杀了史蒂薇
No comment.
无可奉告
Is that the cleaned-up files?
那是修复过的文件吗
Yeah.
是的
Found something?
有什么发现吗
Wait...
等等
Easy, Tonto.
慢点 唐托
The one thing,
就一件事
the one thing you asked was that they keep Frankie out of it.
你唯一求他们的就是不要让弗兰基参与
But they didn't, did they? River. Please.
但他们没做到 是不是 里弗 拜托
I'm doing this for Frankie.
我这么做是为了弗兰基
Some find them a little macabre...
有些人觉得他们有点恐怖...
but I like them.
但我喜欢
You know, slavery existed even before the Roman Occupation,
罗马占领英国前奴隶制就存在了
although the true pioneers of the English slave trade
尽管英国真正贩卖♥♥奴隶的先驱
didn't really kick in until the mid-16th century.
直到十六世纪中期才开始做这个买♥♥卖♥♥
When Eric and I first arrived in England, it was,
当我和艾瑞克刚到英国 想租间房♥时
"No Irish, no coloureds," When you tried to rent a room.
他们说"不要爱尔兰人 不要有色人种"
You had to fight to get anywhere in this country.
在这个国家你要有一席之地就必须去奋斗
So, I like to think that, uh...
所以 我倾向于认为...
I'm doing my bit for the next generation coming in.
我是为下一代人尽我所能
I'll say the same in court.
在法庭上我也会这么说
I was looking at some CCTV from that night.
我看了那晚的监控录像
You were right... we did have that car out the back.
你说得对 我们后面确实停着那辆车
Everything is digital now, huh?
现在所有一切都数字化了 对吧
You paid to have Haider killed.
你买♥♥凶杀了海德
Did you do the same with Stevie?
你是不是对史蒂薇也做了同样的事
You see, that's my point.
你瞧 我的观点是这样
You can never underestimate the power of family.
你永远不可低估家庭的力量
Stevie never really understood that.
史蒂薇从来不明白
She always put truth before blood.
她永远把真♥相♥摆在血缘之前
She was throwing around the threats.
她威胁到了很多地方
Bridie and Jimmy and Frankie were upset.
伯迪 吉米和弗兰基都很生气
I mean, I was willing to let it pass.
我本来不想去追究
I mean, that girl was like a...
那个女孩就像...
I loved her... more than my own.
我爱她 比自己更胜
Yeah, Stevie had a fight with Bridie,
是的 史蒂薇和伯迪有过争执
threatened to tell Frankie the truth.
威胁要告诉弗兰基真♥相♥
When the truth is, the only mother who will protect him now
而真♥相♥是 现在唯一能保护他的母亲
is the one who brought him up.
就是把他从小养大的那个
It would have devastated Frankie
让弗兰基知道亲生母亲是谁
to know who his mother really was.
会击垮他的
That's why someone... had to stop her.
正因如此... 必须有人阻止她
He didn't need much persuading. He was in a terrible way!
说服他没花多少口舌 当时他可糟透了
He'd been on the lash with Jimmy.
当时他和吉米喝醉了
He failed to get it up with some little tart
面对吉米给他找的妓♥女♥
that Jimmy found for him. Came crying to me.
他没能硬起来 跑来向我哭诉
Frankie came to realise
弗兰基明白了他的错误
the error of his ways... in confiding in her.
他太轻信她了
He knew the damage that she could do.
他知道她会坏事
He told me that Stevie was going to her boss.
他告诉我 史蒂薇要去报告上司
He told Stevie things about my business.
他告诉过史蒂薇我生意上的事
Things he really shouldn't have said.
他真的不应该说那些事
Now, I knew that the truth would come out... the whole truth...
现在 我知道真♥相♥即将大白... 所有事情
the good and the bad. I couldn't let Frankie know that.
不论好坏 我不能让弗兰基知道
It's a terrible thing to know,
让他知道自己本该
that you were destined for a toilet pan.
被打掉冲进下水道 这太可怕了
Because there is nothing more precious than human life.
因为人的生命才是最宝贵的
A lesson, sadly, Stevie learned too late.
可惜 史蒂薇明白的太迟了
Ha-ha!
哈哈
That's my Monica's girls!
莫尼卡的女儿们来了
Who was the father?
他的父亲是谁
Christ...
上帝啊
She was 14.
她当时才十四岁
You're a monster.
你这个恶魔
Monsters are for children.
恶魔是说给孩子们听的
We're all grown-ups here.
我们都是成年人了
I'd hoped employing Tom Read
我本来希望买♥♥通汤姆·里德
might have provided a few insurances,
能够更保险一点
but in the absence of those...
但不考虑那些...
Do you really want Frankie to know the truth?
你真的想让弗兰基知道真♥相♥吗
The whole truth?
全部真♥相♥
That boy won't come back from that.
那孩子会接受不了的
Prison?
坐牢
It would break Stevie's heart.
会让史蒂薇心碎的
I will leave it... in your hands.
我交给... 你来决定
We went for a drink, I got pissed too quick.
我们去喝酒 我很快就醉了
We went home and we... we watched TV.
我们回到家... 一起看电视
Frankie, you're lying.
弗兰基 你在说谎
You saying I'm lying?
你觉得我在说谎吗
No, Bridie, I'm saying he's your son...
不 伯迪 我的意思是他是你的儿子
The person to fear the most is...
最害怕的那个人就是...
and a mother protects her son.
而母亲会保护她的孩子
The one to whom you gave all your trust.
就是你完全信任的那个人
If only you had replied to Stevie's question that night.
如果你那晚回答了史蒂薇的问题就好了
We talk, she crosses the road...
我们聊天 她过马路
If only you had taken her in your arms...
要是你能抱住她...
she turns her head... and there's a look of recognition.
她转过头 脸上一副认出某人的表情
If only. She knew something was coming.
要是 她预感到要出事
If only.
要是
If only.
要是
You want to know who needs protecting? Frankie.
你知道谁需要保护吗 弗兰基
Do you blame yourself?
你会责怪自己吗
I should have sensed something was wrong.
我应该感觉到有些事情不对劲
I ignored it, River, I did, I ignored it, and you did, too.
我忽略了 里弗 忽略了 而你也忽略了
You don't know what to do.
你不知如何是好
Sorry.
抱歉
Sorry.
抱歉
You're late.
你迟到了
I am indeed late, yeah.
我的确迟到了
Ask me why I bothered to come again, after last time.
快问我为什么在上次之后 还愿意回来
Why did you come back?
你为什么回来
And it wasn't because I missed your sorry faces!
我并不是怀念你们那张愁苦的脸
You want to hear my story?
你们想听我的故事吗
I'm six years old, I'm sitting on a bus together with my mother.
我六岁时 和妈妈一起坐在公交车上
It's the last stop.
那是最后一站
My grandmother's house is the last stop
我祖母的家在最后一站
and it's a beautiful day.
那天天气很好
And my grandmother says to me,
我的祖母对我说
"Boy, go and swim in the lake."
"孩子 去湖里游泳吧"
And I swim and I swim and I swim.
我游啊游啊游
And when I come back, my mother is gone.
等我回来时 我母亲已经走了
Has got back on that bus and driven away.
她坐公交回去了
And I don't see her again for eight years.
之后八年我都没有见过她
Eight years.
足足八年
And when I do see her again,
当我再次见到她时
I am 14 and she's stoned.
我已经十四岁了 而她成了酒鬼
And we have nothing to say.
我们无话可聊
What would you like to say?
你想说什么
All of the things you want
所有那些你想对
to say to someone who suddenly went away.
忽然离去之人说的话
How you miss them.
你有多么想她们
How the air was sucked out of your lungs the moment they left.
她们离去的瞬间 你是如何无法呼吸
How you will never, ever...
就好像你再也不能...
fully inhale again in the same way.
那样自♥由♥呼吸了
How you miss them.
你有多么想她们
剧集 | 约翰·里弗(2015) | 导航列表