剧集 | 正常人(2020) | 导航列表
I'm just going to grab a shower. I bet you are!
我要去冲个澡 我就知道你肯定要去
I'll be out of your way. Was it, though?
我可没按你的预期做事 虽然你已经这么做了
Good to see you, Elaine.
见到你很开心 伊莱恩
That man's a dark horse! He'll tell you nothing!
他可是个深藏不露的人 什么都不告你
So, rather than looking
所以我们不应该
at Modernism solely as a literary phenomenon,
仅仅把现代主义当作一种文学现象看待
we can regard it as a historical process,
而是可以将其看作一段历史进程
unfolding within and along with other significant processes
这段进程伴随着上世纪十九到二十年代的
and developments of the 1910s and '20s.
其他重大进程和发展一同展开
Thank you.
谢谢大家
Oh, a bit of housekeeping.
再拖一下堂
Next week's lecture will be in the Jonathan Swift.
下周我们会讲乔纳森·斯威夫特
Hey.
你好
Hey. Could I read your Joyce essay?
嗨 我可以看一下你写乔伊斯的那篇文章吗
The one that you got that unprecedented, like,
就是那篇前无古人
literally impossible merit in?
后无来者的文章
Where did you hear that?
你从哪听说的
Talk of the year.
你可是年度风云人物了
People are competitive.
人们都很好胜
Yeah. Right.
确实 好吧
I'm going to the Literary Society later on. Oh, right?
一会儿我准备去文学社 是吗
Yeah, they're looking for new members, actually. Ah, right.
是呢 其实最近社团在招募新成员 这样啊
You look really sweet when you're concentrating.
你专注的时候真好看
You have a really cute serious face.
你长了张很可爱的严肃脸
I'm so distracted by this committee bullshit.
我完全没法集中精神看委员会胡扯的这些东西
There was another argument last night.
昨晚又是一场争论
Phil went off on Hannah and I think she might resign.
菲尔惹火了汉娜 我觉得她要辞职了
It's just... It's just so fucking boring, you know?
就是 就是太无聊了 你知道吗
I really need to finish this before class.
我真得在上课前完成这个
Sure. It's fine.
好的 你完成吧
What's it like?
是什么感觉
You're, like, this star.
你就像颗明星
You're top of the class.
你是班里第一
What do you mean?
你想说什么
Do you enjoy it?
你享受这一切吗
Being recognised like that?
被大家这样认可
Er... I don't think I'm brilliant, or anything like that.
我不觉得我很聪明什么的
No, I mean it.
我是认真的
It's just no-one else does the reading properly.
只是其他人都没有认真阅读
They literally show up to discuss a book they haven't even read
他们很明显是在谈论自己从来没有读过的书
and then they just bang on about it with complete confidence.
还信心满满 振振有词
And, then, people are fooled.
就这样 人们都被愚弄着
And that bothers you.
你不喜欢这样
I suppose it does a little bit.
我觉得多少有点吧
No, that's not even it. It's...
不 其实不是因为这个 而是
What upsets me is...
真正困扰我的
..Is that I...barely know what to say half the time, like,
是我 除了阅读 工作之外
outside of this, outside of work.
常常不知道该说些什么
Like, they don't have to go around and pretend,
比如 他们不需要去假装
or be anything other than themselves. You know?
只需要做好自己 你明白吗
And I feel like I'm walking around,
我感觉自己像在到处
trying on 100 different versions of myself.
尝试一百个不同版本的自己
It's just not working, or...
但没有用
It doesn't seem like that.
看上去不像那样
From the outside, I mean.
至少外人看来不是
Then I think about...home...
然后我会想到家
..School and, fuck, I just...
学校 然后我就...
I can't connect this life and...
我没法把这个生活跟
..And that life. It just...
那种生活连接起来
It just doesn't fit.
接不上
Or...
或者
Um...do your friends know about us?
你的朋友知道我们的事吗
Just, like, what happened in school or...whatever?
以前学校发生的事之类的
No.
不
Joanna does.
乔安娜知道
Sort of.
知道一些
But not the others.
但其他人不知道
I don't think so.
我觉得不知道
I mean, they may have
他们可能
picked up on something, but I never told them.
察觉到什么 但我从没告诉他们
Would you be embarrassed if they found out?
如果他们发现了 你会尴尬吗
That we were together in school, or whatever?
我们以前上学时在一起过
Yeah.
会
In some ways.
有一点吧
Why?
为什么
Because it was humiliating.
因为当时很屈辱
You mean, the way I treated you?
你是说我当时对待你的态度吗
Yeah.
嗯
And just, er...
还有...
..Just the fact that I put up with it.
我竟然就那么忍♥了
Did you ever think about asking me to the Debs?
你但是有想过邀请我去舞会吗
I know it's such a stupid thing, but, er...
我知道那件事很蠢 但是
Um... ..I'm curious whether you thought about it.
我想知道你有没有考虑过
To be honest, er...no.
老实说 没有
I wish that I did.
我希望我当时考虑过
You know...
你知道
Would you have said yes?
你会答应吗
Yeah.
会
Fuck's sake!
天啊
I'm really sorry.
我真的很抱歉
Apparently, everybody knew about us, anyway.
然而其实每个人都知道我们的事
Everyone knew what?
每个人都知道什么
That we were seeing each other.
我们在一起
I didn't tell anyone, Connell, I swear to God.
我没告诉任何人 康奈尔 我发誓
No, fuck, I know. That's not what I mean. I mean...
不 我知道 我不是这意思 我是说...
My point is that even if you had told people,
我是说就算你告诉别人了
it wouldn't have mattered.
也不要紧
Were they horrible about it? No.
他们看不起吗 没有
Believe it or not, no-one even cared.
不管你信不信 根本没人在乎
I feel really guilty about
我觉得很愧疚
all that stuff I said to you about, er...
我跟你说的那些话 关于...
..how bad it would be if people found out.
如果大家发现了 事情会变得多糟
Like, obviously, that was just...
显然 那只是...
That was just what was going on in my head, and...
那只是我自己的臆想
There'd be no reason why anybody would care. I just...
大家没理由在意 我就是...
I think I just suffered from anxiety with those sort of things.
我想我当时就是对各种事都很焦虑吧
I don't know, it's...
我也说不好
Yeah.
那个
I still think about it all the time. I still...
我仍在一直想这个事 我仍在...
..think about why I acted
想我为什么会表现得
in such a fucked-up way, and I'm really sorry.
那么差劲 我真的非常抱歉
Marianne, I...
玛丽安 我...
I really am sorry.
我真的非常抱歉
I forgive you.
我原谅你
Thank you.
谢谢
What? Sorry.
什么 对不起
We're just... I thought we were going to a party?
我们挺... 我们不是要去派对吗
Sorry, I just... I felt I had to say it!
对不起 我... 我觉得我必须说出来
But we're good. This is good.
可我们挺好的啊 都挺好的
Everyone says we're good together.
大家都说我们俩在一起挺好的
I mean...that's not a reason...
我觉得... 那不能算是个理由...
And do they?
何况他们真那么想吗
Does everyone really go around saying that? Yeah.
大家真的还到处说这个吗 嗯
Do people even care?
大家真会在乎吗
Yeah. I think people care that their friends are happy, yeah.
对 我想大家在乎他们的朋友是否幸福
Look, I'm sorry, I just... I don't think this is working.
我很抱歉 我... 我觉得我们俩走不下去
It's not what I want any more. Any more?
这不再是我想要的了 不再是了
Yea.
对
So, you did want this at some point?
那你以前还是想要的
You are literally like a completely different person right now.
此时此刻你完完全全像另外一个人
剧集 | 正常人(2020) | 导航列表