剧集 | 灵媒缉凶(2005) | 导航列表
当我们得从夜晚的熟睡中醒来 我们就依赖...
From the second we awaken from a night's slumber,we depend on--
不止 还理所当然地依赖...
no,take for granted--
让现代社会运作的各种无形的
all sorts of invisible,silent, and violent systems
安静的 有力的系统
that make our modern lives possible.
以闹钟为例
Take that alarm clock.
闹钟要履行职责叫我起床
Before it can do its job and wake me up,
就一定要有电
it has to have power.
涡轮机使水力 煤 风力
Water,coal and wind power are harnessed
产生动能 再转化为
by turbinesand turned into...
电力
electricity,
电力通过我们头顶
which is then sent through cables that are
或脚底的电线传输
over our heads and under our feet.
所以我们很容易忘记
So it's easy to forget
在任何时候 我们都被几千
that at any given time we are surrounded by
几万甚至几十亿伏流动的电
thousands or millions or billions of voltsof electricity
包围着
coursing all around us.
Joe? 孩子们? 快起来! 今天很要紧
Joe? Girls? Come on! Today's a big day.
就是煎蛋那么简单的事
Even something as simple as frying an egg
也是由几千英尺的地底开始
begins thousands of feet underground
由动植物的残骸
erthe se ofrehistoric plants
分解成的石油
and animals are pulverized into gas...
被抽出地面进行加工
...then sucked out of the ground and processed,
再用一百万多里长的管道
and then piped all across the country
把石油输送到全国各地
through over one million miles of pipes,
石油给我们提供暖气
all of it there to heat us
并使热辣辣的早餐随手可得
and make having a hot breakfast easier.
孩子们 快点!
Come on,girls. Hurry up!
要迟到了
We're gonna be late.
还有一个名叫"汽车"的现代奇迹
And then there's that modern miracle we call a car.
普通的美国车
Built around the internal combustion engine,
装有内燃机 并能随时
the average American car holds anywhere
装满12到16加仑的汽油
from 12 to 16 gallons of gasoline.
也就是有100到150磅
That's somewhere between 100 and 150 pounds
一点即燃的液体
of instantly combustible liquid.
车里还有电池和至少
It also contains a battery and at least
6到8夸脱的润滑油
six to eight quarts of oil.
如果你停下来想想
If you stop and think about it,
算算各部分的数字
taken as the sum of itsparts,
就会发现车子是个
it's really a rolling bomb,
配有立体音响和
equipped with stereophonic sound
可调节座位的会滚的炸♥弹♥
and adjustable seats.
但我们不会那样想
But we don't do that.
我们不会考虑部分 只考虑总体
We don't think of it in pieces. We think of it as a whole.
总体就是辆汽车
It's a car.
我们的车子
Our car.
我们爱这辆车
And we love it.
灵媒缉凶 第四季第14集
嘿 Ariel? - 干嘛?
Hey,Ariel? -Yeah?
你有留意过麦片盒上的图吗?
Did you ever notice that on the cereal box,
里面有个坐在桌旁的小孩
there's a picture of a kid,sitting at a table
在吃麦片 那桌上有个麦片盒
eating cereal,and on that table is a cereal box,
那个麦片盒上也有一幅图
and on that cereal box is a picture of a kid,
里面有个坐在桌旁吃麦片的小孩
sitting at a table eating cereal,
然后那桌上又是一个麦片盒 那盒上...
and on that table is another cereal box, and on that box...
爸 能不能叫她别说了 - Bridge 别说了
Dad,you have to make her stop. -Bridge,stop.
干嘛? 我只是想研究一下
What? I'm just trying to find out.
你不觉得这幅图会循环下去吗?
Do you think they go on forever?
不觉得麦片盒会
Do you think the cereal boxes just keep going
越变越小
and getting smaller and smaller
直到最后像分子一样小吗?
till there's one just the size of a molecule?
看来你在浴缸玩潜水时
You know,when you go under water in the bathtub,
潜太久脑子进水了
you're staying down there too long.
Ariel...
Ariel...
怎么? 就因为你不知道答案?
Why? Because you don't know the answer?
你们知道妈妈在哪吗?
Do you girls know where your mother is?
我知道答案 只是不想和你费口舌
I know the answer. I'm just not wasting it on you.
宝贝 你知道妈妈在哪吗?
Honey,do you know where your mommy is?
Allison?
Allison?
嗨
Hi.
你在这干嘛?
What are you doing out here?
抱歉
Sorry.
呃 你在这干嘛?
Uh,what are you doing out here?
你不会信的 我做了个很变♥态♥的梦
You're not going to believe this, but I had a crazy dream.
这有什么奇怪的
You don't say.
我 我要送孩子上学 他们爬上车
I-I was taking the kids to school, and they climbed in the car,
我一扭车钥匙 车子就爆♥炸♥了
and I turned the key,and it blew up.
你说什么 爆♥炸♥?
What do you mean,blew up?
好了 Allison 的确很变♥态♥ 我是说车子...
Okay,Allison,that's crazy. I mean,cars-- they-they...
车子不会无端端爆♥炸♥
Cars don't just blow up.
除非有人把炸♥弹♥放到车底下
Not unless somebody puts a bomb underneath them.
或者忘记加润滑油让发动机着火了
Or forgets to put in oil in, and the engine catches on fire.
反正车子不会无端端爆♥炸♥ - 我也知道不会
I mean,cars don't just blow up.
所以我就过来 我只是...
That's why I came out here.I just...
我打算上了车
I figured,I'll just sit in the car.
扭钥匙 证明车子不会爆♥炸♥
I'll turn the key and prove it.
那好 - 问题是 我... 我下不了手
Okay. -The thing is,I just... I can't do it.
我已经在车里坐了15分钟
I've been sitting out here for 15 minutes.
但就是没办法伸手去扭钥匙
I just can't. I can't get my hand to turn the key.
好吧 Allison 下车吧
Okay,Allison,get out of the car.
干嘛? 你要干嘛?
Why? What are you going to do?
我要坐进去扭钥匙 - 不要
I'm going to slide in and turn the key. -You can't do that.
你会杀了孩子们
You could kill our kids.
也会杀了你自己 杀了我 毁了咱们家
You could kill yourself,kill me,destroy our house.
Allison...
Allison...
我梦到的
I dreamt it.
你在干嘛?
What are you doing?
你 你要去哪? - 我要把孩子们集♥合♥起来
Where-Where are you going? -I'm gonna round up our kids.
如果你要开这辆车的话
I'm gonna go stand on the corner with them
我会和孩子们站在街角
while you try to start the car.
喂 等等
Well,hold on a second.
妈妈 我不明白
Mom,I don't understand.
干嘛我们要站在街角盯着咱们家看?
Why are we standing on the corner staring at our own house?
很难解释
It's kind of hard to explain.
太蠢了
It's stupid.
算了!
Never mind!
别开了!
Don't do it!
Joe!
Joe!
回答我!
Answer me!
爸?! - Joe 别扭钥匙!
Dad?! -Joe,don't turn that key!
Joe! 别扭钥匙!
Joe! Do not turn that key!
你们在喊我?
You guys calling me?
哦 - 谢天谢地 你没扭
Thank God you didn't do it.
宝贝 扭什么?
Do what,sweetie?
宝贝 嘿嘿嘿 没事的
Sweetie,hey,hey,hey,it's okay.
过去五分钟我一直想发动车子
I've just been trying to turn the car on for the last five minutes.
但没反应 没得补救
It's dead. It won't do anything.
发动不了 打不着火 发动机不转 总之就是没反应
It won't start,won't click,won't turn over. Nothing. It's dead.
别担心
Don't worry.
谢谢 谢了
Okay,thanks. Gracias.
蛮好玩的
Well,that was fun.
我们全部坐同一辆车上学
All of us in the car together,going to school.
放下女儿
Dropping off the girls.
如果你要开这辆车去见Scanlon
So,if you're going to take the car to go meet Scanlon,
那我今晚要怎么回家?
how am I going to get home tonight?
你要走的时候打电♥话♥给我就行
Well,just call me when you're ready.
我会叫Ariel看着妹妹 然后过来接你
I'll ask Ariel to watch the girls, and I'll come and get you.
好吧 那行
Okay,I suppose that works.
好吧 修理工一有消息我就打电♥话♥给你
all right,so I guess I'll call you once I hear from the mechanic.
向你报告情况
I'll fill you in.
嘿 太好了! 还有时间
Hey,this is great! I'm early.
我刚刚想到 我送你到那后
剧集 | 灵媒缉凶(2005) | 导航列表