剧集 | 霍华德庄园(2017) | 导航列表
这就是最难的了
That is a most difficult question.
你在信里写得好
I think you put it best in your letter -
只是直觉 直觉也许会出错
it was just an instinct, which may be wrong.
我总是一心想保护海伦
I am always so anxious to protect Helen
但其实她应该远离我们
when really it is we that should be protected from her.
我不是说她蠢或者轻率
I don't mean that she's foolish, or thoughtless,
而是她的思路太快 太冲动
but her mind goes along so quickly, and she rushes in everywhere.
就像我现在这样
Rather as I am now.
我把她养大 还有她弟弟
I've raised her, you see, and her brother,
我们父亲去世后 他们还很小
ever since our father died, when they were still quite young,
我自己也很小 我当时并不完全懂事
and I was quite young myself, as I didn't wholly understand.
我就不该让我姨妈去做那件事
Oh, I shouldn't have sent my aunt away on such a commission.
我就应该自己去 但是提比得了花粉病要卧床
I would have come myself, only Tibby was in bed with hay fever -
但我希望现在都处理好了
but I do hope it's perfectly all right now.
对
Yes.
没错 已经处理好了
Yes, I'm sure it is.
我要走了 你肯定要起床了
I must be going - you'll be getting up.
别 再待一会儿吧
No, please stop a little longer.
我要在床上躺一天
I am taking a day in bed.
我时不时就这样
Now and then I do.
我还以为你会每天早起
I thought of you as one of the early risers.
在霍华德庄园的确是
At Howards End, yes.
在伦敦没什么值得为之起床的
There's nothing to get up for in London.
没什么值得为之起床的
Nothing to get up for?
那冬天的展览
What with all the winter exhibitions
还有下午的伊萨依小提琴演奏会呢
and Ysaye playing in the afternoon?
更别提各种各样的人了
Not to mention people.
说实话 我有点累了
The truth is, I'm a little tired.
首先是婚礼 然后保罗又出门了
First came the wedding, and then Paul went off,
昨天我没有休息而是四处拜访
and instead of resting yesterday I did a round of calls,
现在我家人都去了约克郡 要在那儿待两周
and now my family have gone to Yorkshire for a fortnight -
就剩我一个人了
so you find me quite on my own.
婚礼
Wedding?
对 我大儿子查尔斯结婚了
Yes, Charles, my older son, is married.
真的吗
Indeed!
对 有一张查尔斯和多莉的合照
Yes. There's a photograph of Charles and Dolly -
他妻子叫多莉 在双格相框里
that is the name of his wife - in the double frame.
她好漂亮
She's very pretty.
她父亲和查尔斯在同一个俱乐部
Her father and Charles belong to the same club
两人都热衷于打高尔夫
and are both devoted to golf.
多莉也打高尔夫 但好像打得不好
Dolly plays golf, too, though I believe not so well.
他们是在混合四人赛中相遇的
They first met in a mixed foursome.
你家人都好擅长体育
Your family are so wonderfully athletic.
你打高尔夫吗 威尔考克斯太太
Do you play golf, Mrs Wilcox?
天啊 不
Good heavens, no.
但他们觉得有趣
But it amuses them.
你丈夫不在家
And your husband is away?
我家人都出门了
All my family are away.
你确定我没有打扰到你吗
Are you quite sure I'm not interrupting?
没有
Yes.
我确定
Quite.
希望你喜欢维克汉姆广场 威尔考克斯太太
I do hope you'll like Wickham Place, Mrs Wilcox.
我喜欢我们的小房♥子
I love our little house...
虽然它连你家一半的美都达不到
though it's not half so glamorous as your lovely flat.
我想看看
I should like to see it.
我愿意带你参观
I should love to show it you!
是一间温馨的老房♥子
It's a lovely old house.
我们一辈子都住在那儿
We've lived there all our lives.
我们父亲是德国人
Our father came from Germany, you see,
就在统一之后
just after the unification, and...
亲爱的威尔考克斯太太
"My dear Mrs Wilcox.
不知您是否愿意赏光参加午餐会
"I wonder if I might tempt you to come to a little luncheon party
我下周四想为您办一次午餐会
"I should like to give in your honour, next Thursday,
欢迎您来到维克汉姆广场
"to welcome you to Wickham Place.
愿您能认识我的朋友
"I should so like for you to meet my friends,
他们非常想认识您
"and they are very keen to make your acquaintance.
我真心希望您能届时光临
"So, you see, I do hope you will join us.
您真挚的玛格丽特·施莱格尔
"Yours truly, Margaret Schlegel."
升C小调
C-sharp minor as it passes...
什切青人把东西扔进船里
The people at Stettin drop things into boats...
装模作样把莱茵河比作音乐
..Affectation to compare the Rhine to music.
行动自♥由♥... 仓库
..More liberty of action... ..Out of overhanging warehouses.
我有话要说
But - but I should like to say something!
别说德国人没品味 不然我会尖叫抗♥议♥
Now, don't say the Germans have no taste, or I shall scream.
不是的 他们很重视诗歌♥
They haven't, but they take poetry seriously.
德国人始终留心寻找美
The German is always on the lookout for beauty.
我热血沸腾
My blood boils -
我有一半德国血统 大概是因为爱国
well, I'm half German, so put it down to patriotism -
我听见岛民对条顿人的优雅的蔑视
when I listen to the tasteful contempt of the average islander
就是这个反应
for things Teutonic.
你觉得呢 威尔考克斯太太
What do you think, Mrs Wilcox?
我不知道
I'm not sure.
我岁数太大了 谈这些不合适
I think perhaps I am too old to discuss anything,
无论谦逊与否
with or without humility.
我们在霍华德庄园从来不讨论事情
We never discuss anything at Howards End.
有时我想
And I sometimes think -
但我不指望你们这一代同意
but I cannot expect your generation to agree...
-不 别介意 说吧 -说吧
- No, never mind us. Do say! - Please say!
说吧
Do say!
我觉得施莱格尔小姐都说得很对
I think Miss Schlegel puts everything splendidly...
但我有时候觉得
but I sometimes think it is wiser
把行动和讨论留给男人们更明智些
to leave action and discussion to men.
你在伦敦过得真有趣
What an interesting life you live in London.
不会 我们像语无伦次的猴子一样
No, we don't. We lead the lives of gibbering monkeys.
别装作你很享受这顿午餐
Don't pretend you enjoyed your lunch,
威尔考克斯太太 你讨厌它
Mrs Wilcox, for you loathed it!
但请原谅我再一个人去
But forgive me by coming again, alone, or by asking me to you.
我习惯和年轻人在一起
I am used to young people,
我也很喜欢这顿午餐 施莱格尔小姐
and I enjoyed my lunch very much, Miss Schlegel, dear -
我不是在假装
I'm not pretending!
我在家也会听到一堆闲谈
I hear a great deal of chatter at home,
不过我家只谈体育和政♥治♥
only with my family it's more sport and politics.
我只希望我能参与得更深入
I only wish that I could have joined in more -
但你们年轻人 你们变得太快 我很惊讶
but you younger people, you move so quickly that it dazes me.
威尔考克斯太太 我太喜欢你了
Oh, Mrs Wilcox, I like you so much!
-再见 -再见
- Goodbye. - Goodbye.
亲爱的施莱格尔小姐
"Dear Miss Schlegel,
你愿意明天跟我一起圣诞购物吗
"would you like to join me tomorrow for some Christmas shopping?
我卧床几天 觉得有些闭目塞听
"I have needed to take several days in bed and feel behindhand,
很想弥补落下的时光
"and am anxious to make up for lost time.
你的朋友 露丝·威尔考克斯
"As ever, your friend, Ruth Wilcox."
首先 我们得列张单子 核对人名
First of all, we must make a list and tick off people's names.
你有什么想法吗
Do you have any ideas?
我不是个采购能手
I am not a good shopper.
那就拿我的笔记本
Take my notebook, then,
-把你自己的名字写在最上面 -太好了
- and write your own name at the top. - Oh, hooray!
你对我真好
How kind you are to start with me!
但我不想要圣诞节礼物 威尔考克斯太太
But I don't want a Yuletide gift, Mrs Wilcox.
我想送你些配得上
I should like to give you something
你我相识礼物 施莱格尔小姐
worth your acquaintance, Miss Schlegel.
为了铭记你对我有多好 这两周我独自一人
In memory of your kindness to me during my lonely fortnight,
家人不在身边
with all my family away.
你让我摆脱焦虑
You have stopped me from brooding.
威尔考克斯先生不在的时候 我太焦虑了
I am too apt to brood when Mr Wilcox is away.
这样可能不对
I suppose it may be reckoned a fault.
深爱丈夫不对吗 我不觉得
To be fond of one's husband? I shouldn't think so.
太过依赖
To be too dependent.
我离不开海伦
I'm desperately dependent on Helen -
但如果我能给你带来快乐 我之前不知道
but if I have been of use to you, which I didn't know,
用有形的东西无法报答
you can't repay me with anything tangible.
剧集 | 霍华德庄园(2017) | 导航列表