剧集 | 霍华德庄园(2017) | 导航列表
格鲁耶尔 谢谢
Gruyere, please.
还是吃斯蒂尔顿吧 伊薇
Better have Stilton. Evie?
-我要斯蒂尔顿 -卡希尔先生
- Oh, Stilton, please. - Mr Cahill?
有豪达奶酪吗
Have you any Gouda?
辛普森餐厅当然没有豪达奶酪了
Of course they haven't any Gouda at Simpson's.
-他就吃斯蒂尔顿干酪了 -我不想吃那种
- He'll have the Stilton. - I don't want Stilton.
你想吃什么就吃什么 卡希尔先生
You should have whatever you like, Mr Cahill.
别任由伊薇欺负
Don't let Evie bully you.
来块阿尔滕堡山羊奶酪怎么样
How about a nice bit of Altenburger Ziegenkase?
-什么 -阿尔滕堡山羊奶酪
- I beg your pardon? - Altenburger Ziegenkase.
是萨克森或者说图灵根产的 看你想怎么说
It's Saxon, or Thuringian, depending on one's loyalties.
天有点热 奶酪会有点黏
It gets a bit gooey in the warm weather,
不然非常完美
but otherwise it's excellent.
-是卖♥♥光了吗 -恐怕
- I suppose you've run out? - I'm afraid...
干得好 施莱格尔小姐 干得漂亮
Well done, Miss Schlegel! Very well done!
-我就吃格鲁耶尔奶酪了 -谢谢 先生
- I'll have the Gruyere. - Thank you, sir.
你会跟我们一起去竞技场剧院吗 施莱格尔小姐
Are you coming with us to the Hippodrome, Miss Schlegel?
不用了 我得继续找房♥子了
No, thank you. I must get back to my house hunting.
来吧 肯定很精彩
Oh, but you must! It's meant to be marvellous.
他们在乡村婚礼上放了三十万加仑水
They release 300,000 gallons of water on a village wedding
把猎人和演员都冲走了
and sweep away the huntsmen and all show folk,
整场婚礼都毁掉了
and the entire wedding party into oblivion.
很遗憾我看不到了
I should be sorry to miss that.
他们说非常写实
They say it's very realistic.
对 但让艾米·罗伯茨上台就是为了
Yes, but why put Aimee Roberts on the stage only to sweep her off
用三十万加仑水把她和许多猎人一起冲走吗
again along with 300,000 gallons of water and a lot of huntsmen?
为什么来辛普森餐厅吃法国奶酪
Why come to Simpson's to get a French cheese?
你看 知道她是怎么气我的了吧
You see? You see how she chafes me?
你的房♥子怎么样
How's your house?
迪西街 跟以前一样 很舒服
Ducie Street? Much the same. Comfortable enough.
我不是指迪西街 我当然是说霍华德庄园
I don't mean Ducie Street. I meant Howards End, of course.
-为什么"当然" -你就不能赶走租客
- Why, 'of course?" - Can't you turn out your tenants
转而租给我们吗 我们都快疯了
and let it to us instead? We're nearly demented.
我们不能那么干 租约是三年
Oh, we couldn't do that. It's let for three years.
你不能帮帮我们吗 威尔考克斯先生
Can't you help us, Mr Wilcox?
我们只是想找一间
We're merely looking for a small house
有很多大房♥间的小房♥子
with large rooms, and plenty of them.
我也希望能帮上忙 给你个建议
I wish I could. A piece of advice.
确定好地段和价格就别改主意
Fix your district and your price and then don't budge.
我就是这样找到迪西街和昂尼顿的房♥子的
That's how I got both Ducie Street and the house in Oniton.
我暗想"我就要在这里了"
I thought to myself, "I mean to be exactly here."
结果的确如此
And I was.
非常感谢 威尔考克斯先生
Thank you ever so much, Mr Wilcox.
下次一定要来优斯塔斯·迈尔斯餐厅吃饭
Next time you shall come for lunch with me at Mr Eustace Miles.
-很乐意 -不 你会讨厌的
- Pleasure. - No, you'll hate it.
全是蛋白质 健身餐
It's full of proteins and body-buildings
人们撞到你恳求你原谅
and people coming up to you begging your pardon,
-但你气质如此美丽 -什么
- but you have such a beautiful aura. - A what?
我怀疑 威尔考克斯先生
Do you know, I suspect Mr Wilcox
策划了整场午餐
of planning the whole entertainment?
不是吧 我开玩笑的
Not really? I meant that as a joke.
对 但如果你仔细想想 我很喜欢他妻子
Yes, but if you reflect - I was very fond of his wife.
她真的很优秀
She really was an extraordinary person.
-你依然这么觉得 对吧 -对
- You still think so, don't you? - Oh, yes.
跟大多数男人相反 他一直都更喜欢我而不是你
And he's always preferred me to you, which most men don't.
这是他的加分项
Well, that's something in his favour, anyhow.
陪你和威尔考克斯先生在优斯塔斯·迈尔斯餐厅吃午餐
Chaperone you and Mr Wilcox at lunch at Eustace Miles?
你疯了吗
Are you mad?
对 我想邀请他 他答应去了
Yes. I want to ask him. He promised to go.
他答应吃蛋白质和健身餐
He promised to eat proteins and body-builders.
但你都这么大了 不需要人陪了吧
But you don't really need a chaperone at your age?
提比 你可能会觉得惊讶 但我才28
It may surprise you, Tibby, to learn that I am only 28.
我确实很惊讶
It does, rather.
你肯定觉得我是老处♥女♥了
I dare say you think of me as an old maid.
但我不能单独一个人
But I can't go to lunch with
和一位单身绅士共进午餐 这是一定的
a single gentleman unchaperoned, that's flat.
要是你不去 我就不能邀请他
If you don't go, I can't invite him.
那好吧
All right, then.
真是可怕
This is ghastly.
你觉得怎么样 威尔考克斯先生
What do you think of it, Mr Wilcox?
我说过你会讨厌的
I told you that you would hate it.
一点也不 可能并不是每个人都觉得它好吃
Not at all. Not at all. It may not suit every taste,
但这是公认的最健康的食物
but it's widely known to be the healthiest kind of food.
告诉我 施莱格尔小姐
Tell me, though, Miss Schlegel,
你相信超自然力量吗
do you really believe in the supernatural?
气 灵界
Auras, and astral planes?
这个问题太大了
That's too big a question.
并不
No, it isn't.
-为什么 -因为我虽然不相信光环
- Why's that? - Because although I don't believe in auras,
神智学可能只是妥协
and think theosophy may only be a halfway house.
-但可能真的有什么东西存在 -不是
- There may be something there after all. - Not even that.
可能有一部分方向不对 我没法解释
It may be halfway in the wrong direction. I can't explain.
并不是所有风尚我都相信
I don't believe in all these fads,
但我不喜欢说我不相信
but I don't like to say I don't believe in them.
我有点理解无能
I'm a little out of my depth.
你跟你的职员也这么说话吗
Do you talk rather like this to your office boy?
我跟谁都是这么说话的 或者说 我尽量
I talk the same way to everyone. Or try to.
我不会根据谈话对象调整说话方式
I don't believe in suiting my conversation to my company.
人肯定能想到似乎还不错的
One can doubtless hit upon some medium of exchange
交流方式 但这么做没有意义
that seems to do well enough, but there's no nourishment in it.
你把它传达给低层阶级
You pass it down to the lower classes,
他们也会返给你
they pass it back up to you,
你叫它双方努力
and you call this a mutual endeavour,
其实就是两边都自以为是
when it's mutual priggishness if it's anything.
我们在切尔西的朋友不理解
Our friends at Chelsea don't see this.
他们说一个人无论如何都应该让别人理解
They say one ought to be, at all costs, intelligible,
-牺牲 -你承认有贫富之分吧
- and sacrifice... - You do admit there are rich and poor.
这很了不起
That's something.
我当然承认了
But of course I do.
你承认 哪怕财富均分
And you do admit that, if wealth were divided equally,
用不了几年 又会有贫富分别了
in a few years there would be rich and poor again.
-所有人都承认 -你们社♥会♥主♥义♥者就不
- Everyone admits that. - Your socialists don't.
-我的社♥会♥主♥义♥者承认 你的可能不 -我不在乎
- My socialists do. Yours mayn't. - I don't care.
你刚刚承认了两个有破坏性的说法
You've just made two damaging admissions,
我两个都全心全意赞同
and I'm heartily with you in both.
你知道肉丁土豆叫改良食品吗
Do you know that this wretched hash is called Reform Food?
你听过这么可怕的组合词吗
Have you ever heard such a monstrous combination of words?
我觉得你太苛刻了 施莱格尔先生
I think you are too severe, Mr Schlegel.
人应该时不时尝试一下新东西
I think one should try new things occasionally.
对 但这个不行
Yes, but not this.
我觉得还挺好吃的
I find it quite good.
确实很好吃
Yes, it's quite good.
亲爱的施莱格尔小姐
"Dear Miss Schlegel..."
也许我们应该先别找了
Perhaps we ought to give up for a while
去南部海滩一个月
and go down to the seaside for a month.
玛格丽特 说得对
Oh, Margaret, do come!
伦敦每年这时都特别不利于健康
London is so unhealthy at this time of year.
是威尔考克斯先生寄来的
It's from Mr Wilcox.
他宣布计划中有一项重大改变
He is announcing an important change in his plans.
-谁 -威尔考克斯先生
- Who? - Mr Wilcox.
他说因为伊薇结婚了
He says owing to Evie's marriage,
-他决定 -不是你的威尔考克斯 海伦
- he has decided... - Not your Wilcoxes, surely, Helen.
-是玛格的 -不是
- They're Meg's. - They are not!
因为伊薇结婚了 我决定放弃
"Owing to Evie's marriage, I have decided to give up
迪西街的房♥子
"the house in Ducie Street..."
-按整年出租 -在哪
- and to let it out on a yearly tenancy. - Where?
迪西街 威尔考克斯先生住那儿
Ducie Street. Where Mr Wilcox lives.
-但我还以为 -他写道 如果你和你家人
- But I thought... - He writes, if you and your family
觉得租金合适 就立即告诉他
approve the rent, please notify him at once -
划了两道下划线
that's underlined twice -
剧集 | 霍华德庄园(2017) | 导航列表