剧集 | 霍华德庄园(2017) | 导航列表
Has anything gone wrong at Evie's wedding?
不是那个
Not there.
安妮端饭来了 让她等饭就要凉了
That's Annie with the cutlets. They rather spoil by waiting.
可以让她进来吗 也可以让她在门边递给我
Do you mind her coming in? Or! Can get them from her at the door.
我去洗洗眼睛吧 提比
Could I bathe my eyes, Tibby?
安妮 你能待会儿再来吗
Annie, can you come back ina moment?
好的 先生 你没事吧 海伦小姐
Very good, sir. Are you quite well, Miss Helen?
没事 安妮 谢谢
Yes, quite well, Annie, thank you.
莱纳德早就知道
Leonard knew about it all along.
玛格肯定还不知道 让他们结婚吧
Meg cannot have heard it yet, I think. Let them marry.
还有赔偿的问题
There remains the question of compensation.
如果我不付钱 也没人会付了
I don't see who is to pay it if I don't.
这事是秘密 绝不能让玛格知道
This part is in confidence. Meg must not hear about it.
我会尽快往你的账户上存五千英镑
As soon as possible, I am placing £5,000 to your account
等我到了德国
and, when I am in Germany,
你就拿去给莱纳德和巴斯特太太
you will pay it over to Leonard and Mrs Bast.
老天爷啊
Good God alive!
这点小钱有什么用
What's the good of driblets?
如果这辈子能做一件事
To go through life, having done one thing,
帮助一个人脱离深渊
to have raised one person from the abyss.
人们一定会觉得我很了不起
No doubt people will think me extraordinary.
我才不在乎别人怎么想
I don't give a damn what people think,
但那是你财产的一半
but it is half of what you have.
不到一半 我的钱太多了
Not nearly half. I have far too much.
我赠予的钱可以让两人生存
What I give will bring in 115 between two to live on.
而且还不够
It isn't enough.
我不指望你理解我
I didn't expect you to understand me.
我 我谁都不理解
I? I understand no-one.
但你会做吧
But you'll do it?
当然了
Apparently.
谢谢 提比 你对我真好
Oh, thank you, Tibbykins. You have been very good to me.
西奥博德·施莱格尔先生 维克汉姆广场2号♥
"Mr Theobald Schlegel, 2 Wickham Place.
虽然我能理解施莱格尔小姐的慷慨
"While mindful of the generosity which prompted her kind offer,
但我随信附上了她的五千英镑支票
"I enclose Miss Schlegel's cheque for £5,000
我不需要钱 麻烦你还给她
"Being in no need of money, and beg you return it to her."
海伦小姐
亲爱的海伦
"Dear Helen,
巴斯特先生把你的支票还了回来
"Mr Bast has returned me your cheque,
他说他用不着
"for which he claims he has no need."
亲爱的提比 那样的话 你得亲自去趟南伦敦
"Dear Tibby, in that case, you must go to South London yourself,
务必找到巴斯特夫妇 一定让他们收下支票
"and you must find the Basts and make them take the cheque."
亲爱的海伦 我费尽心机
"Dear Helen, after taking a great deal of trouble
找到你那位先生在朗伯斯的家后
"to hunt up Your client's domicile in Lambeth,
我多次努力寻找巴斯特先生和他妻子
"I have tried time and again to find Mr Bast and his wife,
但他们似乎完全消失了
"but they seem to have disappeared off the face of the Earth.
我得真心承认
"I must admit, in the fullness of my heart,
考虑到拱手向他呈上的诱惑
"that, considering the temptation offered him,
你的莱纳德·巴斯特似乎还真是个崇高的人
"Your Leonard Bast seems to me a monumental person after all."
亲爱的提比 你一定要找到他
"Dear Tibby, you must find them.
绝不能让他们无家可归
"It is insupportable that they should be homeless
那是我的错
"and that I should be the cause."
亲爱的海伦 没用的
"Dear Helen, it's no use.
你恐怕只能放弃你的慈善事业了
"I'm afraid you'll have to abandon your philanthropic venture
把钱投资到更明智的地方
"and reinvest your money in some sensible concern.
在你未来姐夫的建议下
"On the advice of our new future brother-in-law,
我就最近买♥♥下了
"I myself have lately bought shares
诺丁汉和德比铁路公♥司♥的股票
in the Nottingham and Derby Railway
并因此比之前更有钱了
"and consequently become rather richer than I was before.
我建议你也这么做 提比
"I suggest you do the same. Tibby."
亲爱的海伦 亨利和我周二结婚了
"Dearest Helen, Henry and I were married Tuesday.
提比和朱莉姨妈都到了
"Tibby and Aunt Juley were there,
查尔斯和卡希尔先生也到了
also Charles and Mr Cahill,
代表威尔考克斯一家
"to represent the Wilcoxes.
昂尼顿的庆典之后 我不介意这样的小仪式
"After Oniton, I didn't mind the smallness of the ceremony,
但我真希望我的好海伦也到场了
"but I did wish my dear Helen had been there as well.
亨利和我在想要不要去因斯布鲁克看你
"Henry and I wonder about coming to visit you in Innsbruck.
我好想见你 如果你还在那里住
"I'm really longing to meet you if you're stopping there still.
亲爱的玛格 我计划前往加尔达湖
"Dear Meg, I plan on leaving for Lake Garda,
并在那里待几周
"where I mean to stop for a few weeks.
但我的计划并不太确定 最好别理我
"But I'm afraid my plans are uncertain and had better be ignored."
但我夏天很可能会在意大利度过
"Although I shall most likely be spending the summer in Italy,
可能在那不勒斯 海
"possibly Naples. H."
这明信片太让人失望了
What an unsatisfactory postcard.
知道吗 我觉得她逃离了因斯布鲁克
Do you know? I believe she fled Innsbruck
就是因为我们说要去
because we suggested coming there.
我觉得她是不想见你
I suppose she dislikes meeting you.
那很遗憾
I am sorry for that.
我对她是没有什么意见
Certainly, I bear her no ill will.
为什么不呢
Why should you not?
她完全失去了自控 真让人发疯
She's lost all self-control. It's maddening!
这不像她 亨利
And not like her, Henry.
要是真开战了 那海伦就必须回来了
I suppose, if there is a war, Helen will have to come back.
要真到了那时 施莱格尔一家可别回普鲁士去了
Mind the Schlegels don't repatriate back to Prussia when it comes.
我不会允许你跟他们走的
I shall not allow you to go with them.
别担心 亲爱的
No fear of that, my boy.
施莱格尔一家是彻头彻尾的英国人 我朱莉姨妈说的
The Schlegels are English to the backbone, as my Aunt Juley says.
当然了 她那么说
Of course, she only says that
都是觉得我们有点太德国的时候
when she suspects us of being unduly German!
我们该尽快请你姨妈来迪西街作客
We should ask your aunt here to Ducie Street soon.
亨利 我们不能请她去昂尼顿吗
Henry, can't we invite her to Oniton instead?
她很想看看那里
She's longing to see it.
为什么 我才把那里租出去了
Whatever for? I've only just let the place.
-把昂尼顿租出去了 亨利 -怎么
- Let Oniton? Henry! - Yes?
但是 我以为 你说我们要去那里住的
But...I thought... You said WE were going to live there.
是吗
Did I?
不 不行
Oh, no, it's no good, you know.
怎么没跟我商量
Why wasn't I consulted?
我不想打扰你
Well, I didn't want to bother you.
再说 我也是今早才得到确切的消息
Besides, I've only just heard for certain this morning.
但我们住哪啊 那里怎么了
But where are we to live? Why isn't it good?
我非常喜欢那里
I loved the place extraordinarily.
那里不是什罗郡最美的地方
Well, it's the wrong part of Shropshire,
这是首先 我买♥♥下时并不知道
for one thing. I didn't realise, when I bought it.
再者 房♥子太潮了
And, for another, the house is damp.
我怎么不知道
Well, this is news.
我知道现在才知道昂尼顿庄园太潮了
I never heard until this minute that Oniton Grange was damp!
亲爱的 你眼睛看不到吗
My dear girl, have you not eyes?
-你皮肤感觉不到吗 -我本来是没觉得
- Have you not a skin? - I thought I had.
以那样的情况 那里当然潮了
How could it be anything other than damp in such a situation?
庄园是用黏土建的
The Grange is built on clay!
而且一晚上都有令人讨厌的湖雾
And there's that detestable little lake steaming all night...
-讨厌 -就像水壶似的
- Detestable? - ..Like a kettle.
或许讨厌有点过了
Well, detestable's perhaps too strong a word,
你明白我意思的
but you know what I mean.
什罗郡的山谷出了名的
These Shropshire valleys are notorious.
-那你为什么去哪里 -因为
- Why did you go there, then? - Because I...
那么
Well, why...?
要说起来 你为什么想去因斯布鲁克
Why do you want to go to Innsbruck, if it comes to that?
-见海伦啊 亨利 -是啊
- To visit Helen, Henry. - Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes!
但这样问问题就没完了
But one might go on asking questions indefinitely.
事实上 我买♥♥下昂尼顿是为了伊薇
The truth is that I took Oniton on account of Evie.
她十分想在乡下结婚
She was so keen on a country wedding,
不愿等我好好把狩猎的事打听清楚
wouldn't wait for me to make proper inquiries about the shooting.
她担心交易会黄
She was afraid it would be snapped up.
昂尼顿庄园不能打猎
Well, there is no shooting at Oniton Grange.
五英里内都没有松鸡
There isn't a grouse or a partridge within five miles of the place.
倒也没事 她举♥行♥过了乡村婚礼
Well, there's no harm done. She had her country wedding,
我也把房♥子
and I've got rid of my house
租给了个想开办预科学校的家伙
to some fellows who are starting a preparatory school.
那孩子们不会嫌潮吗
Won't the boys be damp?
那是他们的事了
Well, that's their lookout.
剧集 | 霍华德庄园(2017) | 导航列表