剧集 | 霍华德庄园(2017) | 导航列表
统治霍华德庄园的不是威尔考克斯先生
"It is not Mr Wilcox who rules at Howards End,
而是他妻子
but his wife.
她不摔门 不说什么事实 也不练器械
"She slams no doors, states no facts, and does no callisthenics.
但他们崇拜 服从她
"They worship and obey her.
这让人也因此崇拜他们
"It makes one worship them in turn."
为什么我们的海伦会对
But why our Helen should be so charmed
自己最深的信条被如此轻松地推♥翻♥感到这么有趣
to find her deepest convictions so easily disaggregated,
我真是不懂
I simply cannot imagine.
我觉得她是被他们一家迷住了
I think she's infatuated with the lot of them.
走吧 向前
Off we go! Onwards!
我觉得他们不是适合海伦结交的人
They sound to me quite the wrong sort of people for Helen.
根本不是我们这样的人
Not our sort of people at all.
他们倒是挺新鲜
They are rather a breath of fresh air.
有时我觉得我们被伪善之言包裹
Sometimes I feel that we are swathed in cant,
能去剥去它也是好事
and it is good for us to be stripped of it.
剥去什么 亲爱的
Stripped of what, dear?
伪善之言 暗语 行话 虚伪 道貌岸然
Cant. Argot. Jargon, hypocrisy, sanctimoniousness.
有时我渴望有强势的人
Sometimes I long for someone dominating
告诉我我的想法是闭塞不实际的
to tell me that my ideas are sheltered and academic,
而平等是...
that equality is...
-胡说 -社♥会♥主♥义♥呢
- Bosh. - Socialism?
危险的胡话
Dangerous bosh.
艺术和文学
Art and literature...
玛格丽特
Oh, Margaret...!
胡说
Bosh!
这我要受不了了
This is really too much.
当然 除非有益于磨练性格
Except of course when conducive to strengthening the character.
当然
Of course.
你的个性就很强 施莱格尔小姐
You have a strong character, Miss Schlegel...
是啊 是艺术和文学磨练了它
Yes, it has been strengthened by art and literature.
你证明了我的观点
You prove my point.
你真是个奇怪的姑娘
You are really the most peculiar girl.
是啊 我亲爱的玛格
"Yes, my darling Meg,
我施莱格尔的偶像被一个个推♥翻♥了
"one by one my Schlegel fetiches have been overthrown.
威尔考克斯家的男人看事情总那么新鲜 清晰
"The Wilcox men see everything with such freshness and clarity
他们似乎不会因任何事感到困惑
"that nothing seems to muddle them."
这废墟可追溯至11世纪
The ruin dates from the eleventh century.
我们可以在这里停留半小时
We can stop here for half an hour
还会有时间去打板球
and still be in time for some cricket.
但是 玛格丽特 亲爱的
But surely, Margaret, dear,
你肯定不会对那样的强势
you can find in yourself no answering feeling
产生共鸣吧
for that kind of push?
不 但我有时候会觉得现实世界
No, but I do sometimes think that the real world
早已从我们身边大步走过
has been marching past us for some time now,
而让海伦去加入他们的队列一两周
and there's nothing wrong with Helen joining in the parade
也没什么不好
for a week or two -
哪怕只为确保我们没有完全被甩在后面
if only to ensure that we're not wholly and entirely left behind.
我可是从未参与过游♥行♥
Well, I, for one, have never marched in a parade,
我现在也不想去
and I have no wish to do so now.
当然了 你和海伦想做什么都行
You and Helen may do as you choose, of course.
我们别担心海伦了
Oh, don't let's worry about Helen!
她的想法或许很容易改变
Her head may be easily turned,
但它还会继续改变的 懂吗
but it does go on turning, if you see what I mean.
所以她比大部分人都更加明理
That's why it's got so much more sense in it than most people's.
至少 有时候是的
At least...sometimes it does.
施莱格尔小姐
Miss Schlegel...
我
I...
-海伦 -好啊
- Helen... - Yes, do.
玛·施莱格尔小姐
亲爱的玛格 我不知道你会说什么
"Dearest, dearest Meg. I do not know what you will say.
小儿子保罗和我相爱了
"Paul, younger son, and I are in love."
天呐
Oh, dear.
但这也太突然了
But this is far too sudden, surely.
那年轻人求婚了吗
Has the young man made an offer?
她没说
She doesn't say.
我们的海伦可不是会被玩弄的女人
Our Helen is not a girl to be trifled with -
要是他还没求婚
and if he has not made an offer...
-她没说 朱莉姨妈 -那该怎么办
- She doesn't say, Aunt Juley. - What's to be done?
我不觉得需要做什么 但我必须去看她
I don't think anything needs doing but I must go down to see her.
玛格丽特 亲爱的 我说实话了 别生气
Margaret, dear. Quite frankly - you won't be offended?
我觉得你应付不来这种事
I feel you are not up to this business.
这事需要更年长的人
This requires an older person.
你们施莱格尔家的人 都好冲动
You Schlegels, you are so impetuous.
你们认识的人太多
You see far too many people here.
不修边幅的音乐家 甚至女演员
Unshaven musicians. Actresses, even.
德国亲戚
German cousins...
朱莉姨妈
Oh, Aunt Juley!
-在国外酒店结识的人 -真是的
- Acquaintances picked up at foreign hotels. - Really...
怎么可能不出事
Disaster was bound to come.
幸好出事的时候 我正好在
How lucky that I happened to be on the spot when it came.
你肯定会说错话 绝对会的
You would say the wrong thing. To a certainty you would.
你会因为担心海伦的幸福
In your anxiety for Helen's happiness,
而冒犯他们威尔考克斯一家
you would offend the whole of these Wilcoxes
提出什么冲动的问题
by asking one of your impetuous questions.
那我不会问问题
I shall ask no questions.
海伦告诉我她与人相爱了
I have it from Helen that she is in love.
只要这点不变 就没什么好问的
There is no question to ask, as long as she keeps to that.
可以先订婚一长段时间
A long engagement, if you like, but...
-订婚了吗 -我什么都不问
- Is there an engagement? - I shall make no inquiries.
我不知道 姨妈 既然他们相爱了 那...
I don't know, Auntie. I presume, if they are in love...
那么 亲爱的 你为什么要去
Well, in that case, dear, why go down?
因为我爱她
Because I love her
她处于这样的人生危机之中 我必须去看她
and I must be near her in this crisis in her life.
哪怕只是为她找到幸福而喝彩
If only to say brava for finding happiness,
说"我来了 海伦"
and, "Here I am, Helen!"
如果你看不出 我也无从解释
If you can't see that, I can't explain it to you.
-但 -朱莉姨妈 我必须自己去霍华德庄园
- But... - Aunt Juley, I must go to Howards End myself.
我非常感谢您乐意帮忙
I can never thank you properly for offering.
我明天就去
I mean to go down tomorrow,
只要提比没大碍了 就这样
if Tibby is well enough, and that's flat.
天啊
Oh, dear.
我就说我更严重了
I told you I was worse.
他看上去的确是发烧了
He does seem a bit feverish.
我可能随时会断气
I might stop breathing at any moment.
我昨晚差点在梦中窒息
I nearly suffocated in my sleep last night.
我真的需要有人随时陪伴
I really ought to have someone with me all the time
玛格答应会给我读瓦特·萨维奇·兰德的诗了
and Meg has promised to read to me from Walter Savage Landor.
提比 不是吧
Oh, really, Tibby.
-海伦 -我觉得他没有什么大危险
- Helen... - I don't think he's in any grave danger
但我的确建议有人能盯着他点
but I do recommend that someone keep an eye on him.
是吧
There!
你要记得别跟人谈起
Now, you will remember not to be drawn into any discussions
订婚的事 朱莉姨妈
about an engagement, Aunt Juley?
把我的信给海伦
Just give my letter to Helen
然后对她说你想对她说的话
and say whatever you feel yourself to her
但只对她说 别跟那些亲戚纠缠
but only to her, and do keep clear of the relatives.
相信我吧
You may depend on me.
都结束了 真希望我没写信
"All over. Wish I had never written.
别跟人说 海伦
"Tell no-one. Helen."
糟糕
Oh, crikey.
我想找栋房♥子 霍华德小屋
I want a house. Its name is Howards Lodge.
你知道是在哪吗
Do you know where it is?
威尔考克斯先生
Mr Wilcox...!
-糟糕 -这位女士找霍华德庄园
- Oh, dear. - The lady's wanting Howards End.
我想问问
Excuse me asking,
您是小威尔考克斯先生 还是年长那位
but are you the younger Mr Wilcox, or the elder?
是小的那位 有事吗
The younger. Can I do anything for you?
是吗 是你吗
Oh, well... Really. Are you?
我外甥女不会跟你在一起吧
My niece isn't with you, by any chance?
不 我是跟父亲来的
No, I came over with my father.
他坐你那列火车去北方了
剧集 | 霍华德庄园(2017) | 导航列表