剧集 | 霍华德庄园(2017) | 导航列表
The thing is, what I've done...
我不知道自己为什么总是这样
I can't think why I go on like this myself.
海伦 你为什么要如此愤世嫉俗
But Helen, why should you put things so bitterly?
因为我是个老处♥女♥
Because I'm an old maid.
去吧 嫁给他
Go on and marry him.
我觉得你很优秀 要说有谁能做到 就是你了
I think you're splendid, and if anyone can pull it off, you will.
没什么要"做到"的
There's nothing to "pull off."
有的
Yes, there is.
去和他吵架 帮助他
Go on and fight with him and help him.
别来求我帮忙 也别想得到我的同情
Don't ask me for help, or even for sympathy.
从今以后 我要走我自己的路
Henceforward I am going my own way.
我就是不喜欢你丈夫 我也要告诉他
I mean to dislike your husband, and tell him so.
但我比以往更爱你了
But I mean to love you more than ever.
真的
Yes, I do.
玛格丽特 玛格
Margaret! Magsy!
威尔考克斯先生说的不是真的吧
Surely, it can't be true what Mr Wilcox is saying,
你想下周就离开
that you want to go next week?
不是"想"
Not "want."
但确实有很多事要处理
But there's so much to settle,
我也想见查尔斯一家
and I do want to see the Charleses.
但你会错过去韦茅斯
Oh, but you're going to miss out on going to Weymouth
和鲁尔沃斯的行程
and the Lulworth trip, and...
海伦 你听说了吗
Helen, have you heard?
很好 我打破僵局了
Good! I did the breaking of the ice.
玛格丽特·施莱格尔来找威尔考克斯先生
Margaret Schlegel to see Mr Wilcox, please.
稍等
One minute!
查尔斯 你好吗
Why, Charles. How do you do?
希望我的妻子
I hope that my wife...
你好吗
How do you do?
在你看完霍华德庄园后 能为你提供体面的午餐
..Will give you a decent lunch after you see Howards End.
农场的艾弗里小姐在照料庄园
Miss Avery, from the farm, is looking after it.
快请坐
Do sit down!
只是个小得可怜的地方
It's a measly little place.
我嫌弃得很
I wouldn't touch it with tongs myself.
看到庄园我会很开心的
I shall enjoy seeing it.
你好 你好 我马上就好
Hello! Hello. I won't be a moment.
他们没事
They're all right.
你是指小鸡还是那些孩子
The chickens? Or the children?
他们会学会教训的 就像燕子和电报线路一样
They'll learn. Like the swallows and the telegraph lines.
那里有个漂亮的教堂
There's a pretty church.
过了 你没来得及看见
No, you aren't sharp enough.
怎么回事
What's happened?
什么意思
What do you suppose?
我们已经到了吗
Are we there already?
是的
We are.
真没想到
Well, I never!
那里进不去 门锁了
That's no good. It's locked.
玛格丽特 不如你在没雨的地方等等吧
Margaret, why don't you wait in the dry?
我去农场取钥匙 就90米远
I'll go down to the farm for the key. It isn't 100 yards.
-我和你一起去吧 -不用了 我很快就回来
- Mayn't I come too? - No, no. I'll be back before I'm gone.
是你吗 亨利
Is that you, Henry?
我还以为你是露丝·威尔考克斯
Well, I took you for Ruth Wilcox!
我 威尔考克斯太太
I? Mrs Wilcox?
我
I?
但确实吓了她一跳
But it did give her quite a turn.
-是吗 艾弗里小姐啊 -是的
- Did she? Old Miss Avery! - Yes, it did.
我没你说得这么蠢
I wasn't as foolish as you suggest.
她吓着我 只是因为之前房♥子里没半点声响
She only startled me, for the house was silent for so long.
她到底是谁
But who is she?
她就是农场的工人之一
Oh, she's just one of the crew from the farm.
如果克兰茶喝够了 我们就该走了
I say, if Crane has had enough tea, we ought to go.
孩子们 过来告别
Children, come and say goodbye!
来 给施莱格尔小姐一个亲亲
Come and give Miss Schlegel a kiss.
别逼他们了
Oh, no, don't make them.
小朋友们真不好取悦
It's such hard luck on the little things.
爷爷呢 要给他亲亲吗
What about Grand- pa pa ? Shall he have his kisses?
爷爷呢
What about Grand- pa pa ?
我呢 我可不介意 他们是可爱的小家伙
What about me? I don't mind! They're fine little fellows!
亲亲
Little kiss?
谢谢 多莉
Thank you, Dolly.
-再见 -再见
- Bye-bye! - Bye!
多莉是个好女人
Dolly is a good little woman,
但她太过热情了
but a little of her goes a long way.
看来我们不会住在霍华德庄园了
I suppose that rules out Howards End.
查尔斯和多莉住在15分钟外的地方
With Charles and Dolly 15 minutes' distance?
最好不要
I should think so!
可是亨利 如果我们不能住在霍华德庄园
But Henry, if we can't live at Howards End
你又不想住在迪西街
and you don't want to live in Ducie Street,
那你说我们住哪儿呢
where do you propose we live?
-昂尼顿 -昂尼顿
- Oniton. - Oniton?
什罗郡的房♥子 昂尼顿庄园 很美的乡村
The house in Shropshire. Oniton Grange. Rather good country.
伊薇四月在那里结婚
Evie's going to be married there in April,
我们可以在婚礼后立刻搬进去
and we can move in straightaway after that.
当然了 我们可以
Of course, we shall keep the house
把迪西街的房♥子留作备用住处
in Ducie Street as a pied-a-terre.
当然了
Of course.
杰姬 你怎么起来了 你疯了吗
Jacky, what are you doing out of bed? Are you mad?
就是这封信吗 给那位小姐的信
Is this the letter? The letter to Miss What's-her-name?
这是之前的
That was before.
这些是我打的草稿
Those are drafts of my letter.
"生活更加拮据" 你疯了吗
"...reduced circumstances? " Are you mad?
我把我认为有必要的信息都告诉施莱格尔小姐了
I told the Miss Schlegels everything I thought necessary.
你有没有再写信
Have you written again to
说你被邓普斯特银行撤职了
say you've been discharged from Dempster's?
-我不是被撤职 -随你怎么说
- I wasn't discharged. - Call it what you like, my boy.
-他们裁员了 -我们要怎么过活
- They reduced the staff. - How are we to live?
我不会乞求别人的施舍
I won't ask for charity!
-这不是施舍 你只是想要份工作 -我会找到工作
- This isn't charity. All you want's a job. - I'll find a position.
-我自己给他们写信 我给你哥写信 -你不准
- I'll write to them myself. I'll write to your brother. - You won't.
-你不许那样做 -你走得瞧
- You'll do nothing of the kind. - Just see if I don't.
你不准
You won't!
杰姬
Jacky.
到床上去吧
Come to bed.
你病了
You're ill.
我会写信给施莱格尔小姐
I shall write to Miss Schlegel.
也会写给我哥 你想我写给谁都行
And to my brother, and any one you like.
我不会让你饿肚子
I won't let you starve.
海伦 你真的不来吗
Helen, are you sure you won't come?
我不想见到伊薇·威尔考克斯 玛格
No, you must let me beg off Evie Wilcox, Meg.
但我会去参加你的婚礼 别担心
I shall come to your wedding, though. Neverfear.
走吧
Walk on.
"亲爱的施莱格尔小姐 尽管我不愿再次写信打扰您
"Dear Miss Schlegel, whilst I hesitate to write a second time,
但我觉得有必要通知您
"I felt I should inform you that
我的境况发生了变化
"my circumstances have lately taken a turn.
我刚到邓普斯特银行不久
"My recent arrival at Dempster's has lamentably coincided with
就不幸遇上裁员
"a need for the bank to reduce staff, and
作为最新加入的员工之一
"as one of the newer employees
我被辞退了
I now find myself without a position.
抱歉我如此厚颜 但我想知道
"I apologise for being so forthright, but I wondered
您能否再帮我找一份工作
"if I might petition for some further help in finding employment.
我不是会乞求施舍的人
"I am not one to beg for charity,
但我现在几乎养活不了我的妻子
"but I find myself struggling to provide for my wife
我不知道该如何继续下去
"And I am unsure how to proceed.
您真挚的莱纳德·巴斯特"
"Yours truly, Leonard Bast."
-施莱格尔小姐 -你好 小莱
- Miss Schlegel! - Hello, Len.
请原谅我 巴斯特先生 但我无法容忍♥
Please forgive me, Mr Bast. But I won't stand for it.
我坚持
I must insist that...
我们下车吧
Let's get out.
查尔斯
Charles!
不 我来
No, please.
谢谢 查尔斯 我自己没问题
剧集 | 霍华德庄园(2017) | 导航列表