剧集 | 霍华德庄园(2017) | 导航列表
I'm so anxious the two of you should be friends.
你妹妹和我一直很谈得来
Your sister and I have always hit it off.
是啊
Yes.
你没有厄内斯特·派克之外的书了吗
Haven't you got anything besides Ernest Pike?
海伦 来玩比齐克牌
Helen, come and play Bezique.
玛格丽特待会儿就会回来
Margaret will be home soon.
-不知道他们在谈什么 -股票
- I wonder what they're talking about. - Shares.
他要赢得玛格丽特的身和魂了 就像奥赛罗
He is winning Margaret body and soul, like Othello.
但是没有可怕的巧合
Only instead of disastrous chances
和惊险的逃脱 他致命地闯入我们的生活
and hair-breadth scapes I' the imminent deadly breach,
威尔考克斯先生在跟她讲
Mr Wilcox is telling her
他在芥末生产业的冒险
about his adventures in mustard production.
威尔考克斯先生做芥末吗 太有趣了
Does Mr Wilcox make mustard? How extraordinary.
威尔考克斯先生是做橡胶的 非洲橡胶
Mr Wilcox is in rubber. African rubber.
是啊 但在什么行业都有股份
Yes, but he's got shares in everything.
我觉得我不会喜欢有橡胶股份的
I don't think I should feel comfortable owning shares in rubber.
我太同情当地人了
One feels so badly for the natives.
但你有橡胶股份 朱莉姨妈 我们都有
But you have got shares in rubber, Aunt Juley. We all have.
是吗 我怎么不知道
Do we? I hadn't the smallest notion.
如果你想卖♥♥ 可以写信给你的经纪人
I can write to your broker if you want to sell them.
我不知道
I don't know.
看来我们只能听克鲁索了
I suppose we shall have to have Caruso.
提比 我们就不能听点更欢快的吗
Tibby, can't we have something a bit more jolly?
你知道伊薇要嫁给珀西·卡希尔 多莉的舅舅
You know that Evie is going to marry Percy Cahill, Dolly's uncle,
-他肯定能好好养家 -当然
- who must have a suitable provision. - Of course.
-而保罗在非洲勤奋工作 -嗯
- And Paul is struggling away in Africa. - Yes.
查尔斯和多莉在扩大家族成员
Charles and Dolly have an increasing family,
也在扩大开销
and increasing expenses.
可怜人
Poor fellow!
查尔斯有一日将继承霍华德庄园
Charles will someday inherit Howards End.
但我感到担心 虽然我很幸福
But I am anxious, in my own happiness,
但不想对我其他孩子不公
not to be unjust to my other children.
你是说钱吗 我太傻了
Oh, you mean money! How stupid I am.
是的 这是当然
Yes, of course not.
是的 既然你说地这么直接
Yes, since you put it so frankly.
我决心要公平地对待他们 也公平地对你
I'm determined to be just to them, and just to you.
你对他们很慷慨 很公正
Be generous to them. Bother just.
我已经给查尔斯就此事写信了
I've already written to Charles to that effect.
你有多少钱
How much have you got?
什么 我的收入吗
What? My... What, my income?
是的 年收入是多少 我是六百镑
Yes, how much a year? I've got 600.
你真是个直接的姑娘
I must say you're a downright young woman.
问一个人这样的问题
What a question to spring on a fellow!
你不清楚自己的收入吗
Well, don't you know your own income?
还是不想告诉我
Or don't you want to tell it me?
-这... -没事 别说了 我不想知道
- Well... - It's all right. Don't tell me. I don't want to know.
但查尔斯有一日应该会继承家业吧
But won't Charles come into the business someday?
一般来说 是的
In the usual way, he would.
但我教育查尔斯和其他人要自给自足
But I have raised Charles, and the others, to be self-sufficient.
如果查尔斯能展现出足够的商业才能
If Charles can show an aptitude for business sufficient
足以保住公♥司♥ 和我其他的利益
to safeguard the company, and my other interests,
以及包括的一切
and everything that involves -
那么 是的 他会成为我合适的继任者
well, then, yes, he should be the proper person to succeed me.
如果不行
If not, well...
事实上 亲爱的
The fact is, my dear,
我不想拿细节烦你
I hadn't any intention of bothering you with the details.
我只是想告诉你
I just wanted to let you know...
我们都说好这些了
Yes, we've settled all that.
说吧 尽量说出来
Go ahead, give away as much as YOU can,
记住 我年收入是六百
bearing in mind I've a clear 600.
还有件事
There's one other point,
然后我就得回酒店写信去了
and then I must go back to the hotel and write some letters.
迪西街的房♥子现在怎么办
What's to be done now about the house in Ducie Street?
我想我们不会住那里了
I don't expect we'll want to live there.
加上你弟弟和妹妹恐怕要挤了
It'll be a little crowded with your brother and your sister, too,
-你姨妈还来做客 -是啊
- and your aunt visiting. - Oh, yes.
我不知道海伦和提比最终想住哪
I don't know where Helen and Tibby will want to live in the end.
看情况了 你要什么时候娶我
It depends. When do you want to marry me?
挺热乎的啊
Getting' a bit hot, eh?
-我说 -没事的 亨利
- I say! - It doesn't matter, Henry.
伊薇大概会在四月结婚
Evie will probably be married in April.
那之前 我们都没法想别的事
We could scarcely think about anything before then.
那我们也四月结婚呢
What about April for us too?
我一个人就能行的 亨利
I could have managed perfectly well alone, Henry.
你要错过邮差了
You'll miss the post.
那怎么行 让你姨妈看到我让你一个人回来
That's a fine start, if your aunt saw you walk in alone.
我总一个人回来
I always go about alone.
我在亚平宁山脉上徒步过呢
Considering I galloped over the Apennines...
-天呐 抱歉 -抱歉
- Dear! I'm sorry! - Sorry.
这是常理
It's only common sense.
玛格丽特
Margaret...
再见
Goodbye.
再见 亲爱的
Goodbye, my dear.
施莱格尔小姐真是要坑死我们了 都怪你
Miss Schlegel has got us fairly on toast, thanks to you.
我 我真想挖出那女人的眼睛
I? I could scratch that woman's eyes out.
怪我头上实在太不公平了
And to say it's my fault is most unfair.
淘气的小乖乖
Rum-ti-foo, rackety-tackety Tompkin!
只要伊薇把他伺候得舒舒服服
Father would have never dreamt marrying as long as Evie was
父亲绝不会想要结婚
there to make him comfortable.
但你非要当媒人
But you must needs start match-making
叫我姐姐下楼见你舅舅珀西
and ask my sister down to meet your Uncle Percy,
每天都让他们开车出去
and send them out in the motor car, day after day.
珀西舅舅的所为与我无关
I am not responsible for what Uncle Percy does,
任何人的所为都与我无关 就这样
nor for anybody else or anything, so there.
好吧 我们现在处境不妙
Oh, well! We're in a bad hole
必须充分利用一下
and must make the most of it.
我应该有礼地回复父亲的信
I shall answer the pater's letter civilly
但我短时间内不打算忘了施莱格尔一家
but I do not intend to forget these Schlegels in a hurry.
-嘟嘟 嘟嘟 -多莉 你在听吗
- Tootle, tootle! - Dolly, are you listening?
我在听啊
Yes, I'm listening.
只要他们好好表现 我们也不会乱来
As long as they're on their best behaviour, we'll behave too.
但如果让我发现他们摆架子
But if I find them giving themselves airs,
或霸占我父亲
or monopolising my father,
或待他不好
or ill-treating him,
或用那些可怕的艺术烦他
or worrying him with their artistic beastliness,
我就坚决反对
I intend to put my foot down.
没错 毅然决然反对
Yes, and firmly.
取代我母亲的位置
Taking my mother's place.
她以前总想得到
She always meant to get her hands
霍华德庄园 现在她如愿了
on Howards End and now she's got it.
-15镑 -我给你10镑
- 15. - I'll give you 10.
-10镑 -我有现金
- 10? - I've got the money.
-不行 这些值两倍价格 -我给你12镑 最终报价
- No, they're worth twice as much. - I'll give you 12. Final offer?
-好吧 -行
- Yes, fine. - All right.
-谢谢 -谢谢
- Thank you. - Thank you.
写吧 小莱 写
Go on, Len, do go on.
你必须写 你必须
You must write. You must!
是他们干的好事 不是吗
It's their doing, isn't it?
是他们叫你离开波尔费里翁
They told you to leave the Porphyrion.
我不知道 但一个男人
I don't know. But a man...
-难道不是吗 -好吧
- Well, isn't it? - All right!
他们只是好意
They only meant to be kind.
-别冲我发火 亲爱的 -我没有 我
- Don't you snip at me, my boy. - I'm not...snipping. I...
我会写的 我保证
I'll write. I promise. Just...
去睡吧
Go to bed.
好吧 亲爱的 抱歉
All right, darling. I'm sorry.
没关系
It's all right.
"亲爱的施莱格尔小姐
"Dear Miss Schlegel...
我写信是为了感谢您费心提醒我
I wanted to thank you for your consideration in forewarning me
波尔费里翁火灾保险公♥司♥即将倒闭
of the expected collapse of the Porphyrion Fire Insurance Company.
我已接受您的建议 辞去职务
剧集 | 霍华德庄园(2017) | 导航列表