剧集 | 霍华德庄园(2017) | 导航列表
霍华德庄园
第一集
西维克汉姆广场
海·施莱格尔小姐 霍华德庄园
亲爱的姐姐 这里跟我们想的完全不同
"My darling sister, it isn't going to be at all what we expected.
宅子古旧 典雅 非常惹人喜爱
"The house is old and quaint and altogether delightful -
是红砖的
"red brick.
门厅就有一个房♥间那么大
"The hall itself is practically a room.
之后 左边和右边
"From there you go right
分别是客厅和餐厅
or left into dining room or drawing room.
正前方是通往楼上的楼梯
"Straight ahead there are the stairs going up to the first floor -
楼上有三间卧室 再上一层是三间阁楼
"three bedrooms there, and three attics above.
屋后有一栋大山榆树
"There's a very big wych-elm at the back of the house.
我好喜欢那棵树
"I quite love that tree already...
当然 也有比较寻常的树木
"..And, of course, more ordinary trees,
还有花坛 风信子 勿忘我
"Flowerbeds, bluebells, forget-me-nots,
牡丹 鸢尾花 杜♥鹃♥花
"peonies, irises and azaleas...
还有环绕整栋宅子的紫藤和铁线莲
"and a wisteria and clematis which grows all around the house."
至于家里的人
"And now for the family themselves..."
我今早被一阵敲击声吵醒
"This morning I was awakened by a clicketing sound,
是从花♥园♥里传来的
"coming from the garden..."
该死
Oh, blast!
那是查尔斯 年长的儿子
"It was Charles, the older son,
在草坪上练习门球
practising his croquet on the lawn.
必须强调 他是在"练习"
"I must stress the word 'practising'.
稍后 我听到了更多打球的声音
"A bit later I heard more clacketing.
起初我以为他们是在比赛
"At first I thought they were having a game...
但不是的 是威尔考克斯先生在自己练球
"but no, it was Mr Wilcox, practising HIS croquet.
威尔考克斯先生更喜欢打三个洞
"Mr Wilcox prefers three hoops,
查尔斯只能打一个
Charles, one.
之后 伊薇·威尔考克斯小姐来了
"After a bit comes Miss Evie Wilcox.
她在一台柔软体操器械上进行锻炼
"She does exercises on a callisthenics machine
器械就吊在藤架上
"that is hanging from a pergola.
最后 威尔考克斯太太出现了
"At last comes Mrs Wilcox,
她是个与众不同的人
"who is a creature of a very different sort...
因为 他们又是打门球 又是练器械的
"because, for all their croquet and callisthenics,
而威尔考克斯太太看起来
"Mrs Wilcox seems, of all of them,
是他们中最与霍华德庄园气质相符合的
"to belong most completely to Howards End -
它也属于她
"and it to her.
保罗 小儿子 今早会到
"Paul, younger son, arrives this morning."
献上我好多的爱
"Much love..."
适度的爱给提比
"Modified love to Tibby..."
还有亲爱的朱莉姨妈
"and love to Aunt Juley.
她能来陪你真是太好了
"So good of her to come and keep you company..."
但你一定无聊死了 记得把信烧掉
"but what a bore for you. Burn this."
周四再写信给你 海伦
"Will write again Thursday. Helen."
这个威尔考克斯一家是什么人啊 玛格丽特
But what sort of people are these Wilcoxes, Margaret?
我不懂
I don't understand.
我也不比你了解他们 我们是在德国认识的
I don't know any more than you do. We met them in Germany.
我们从海德堡到施派尔一路很不顺利
We had an awful expedition from Heidelberg to Speyer,
想去那里看大教堂
to see the old cathedral there.
我们在公共花♥园♥结识了他们一家
We met the Wilcoxes in the public gardens.
他们不会德语 我们一起乘车
They hadn't any German, and we took some drives together.
回国之后 他们就请我们去拜访
Then they invited us to visit them when we came home.
但提比得了花粉病 于是海伦就自己去了
Then Tibby got hay fever and Helen went on alone.
我也不知道别的了
That's really all I can tell you.
你们两个姑娘总那么独♥立♥
Oh, you girls have always been so independent.
人们一般认为那是好事吧 朱莉姨妈
Isn't that generally reckoned to be a good thing, Aunt Juley?
我可不知道
I'm sure I don't know -
但我一直认为照顾弟弟妹妹
but I have always thought that the care of your sister and brother
对于你这么年轻的女孩来说是太沉重的负担
too great a burden to place upon a young woman of your tender years.
你的青春都差不多为你的
Your youth has practically been thrown away
宝贝独♥立♥而荒废了
on your precious independence.
差不多吧
Practically!
是啊 玛格丽特 就是这样
Yes, Margaret, it has!
谁知道当初你父亲如果把你们托付给我
Who is to say what the result might have proved by now,
如今又会是怎样的结果
had your father left you in my care,
我知道你们亲爱的母亲会希望那样的
which I know your dear mother would have wished, and as I...
亲爱的朱莉姨妈 咱们就别再说这个了
Oh, dear Aunt Juley, let's not go over that again.
可怜的妈妈让爸爸来决定 而爸爸让我来管家
Poor Mother left it up to Papa to decide, Papa left it up to me,
而我觉得我做得还不差
and I don't think I have done so badly after all -
而且我一直重视你的意见
and I've always valued your advice.
是啊 但你从来不听
Yes, but you never take it.
我不是说你没照顾好海伦和提比
Oh, I'm not saying you've done badly by Helen and Tibby, dear.
-是没照顾好你自己 -朱莉姨妈
- Just for yourself. - Aunt Juley!
打扰 小姐 提比少爷又找您了
Excuse me, Miss, but Master Tibby's asking for you again.
谢谢 南茜
Thank you, Nancy.
安妮 把早餐收起来吧
Annie, I think you can clear away the breakfast things now.
是 小姐
Yes, Miss.
亲爱的玛格 真希望你也在
"Dearest Meg, I do wish you were here.
威尔考克斯一家继续让我着迷
"The Wilcoxes continue to fascinate."
施莱格尔小姐 这是我弟弟保罗
Miss Schlegel. This is my brother Paul.
保罗 施莱格尔小姐要在我们这里住几周
Paul, Miss Schlegel is stopping with us for the week.
-你好吗 -你好
- How do you do? - How do you do?
小儿子保罗 是他们中最俊俏的
"Paul, younger brother, is quite the handsomest of the lot,
但又不像哥哥
"but not a bit conceited,
那样自负 过于严肃
"nor over-serious, like Charles - older brother.
威尔考克斯先生经营着帝国和西非橡胶公♥司♥
"Mr Wilcox runs the Imperial and West African Rubber Company,
还总是客气地说些很可怕的话
"and says the most horrid things so nicely.
当我说我相信两性平等时
"When I said I believed in equality between the sexes
他好好教训了我一顿 我还从没挨过这样的训
"he gave me such a sitting-down as I have never had.
就像个真正坚强的人那样 他并没伤害我的感情
"Like all really strong people, he did it without hurting me."
亲爱的施莱格尔小姐 男人之间都不是平等的
My dear Miss Schlegel, there is no equality among men -
那么男人和女人之间怎么可能有平等
how can there be equality between men and women?
有哪个文明的人♥民♥
What civilisation has ever existed
是真正完全平等的
on terms of perfect equality among its constituents?
甚至哪有这样的家庭
What household, for that matter?
只有保罗企图搭救我
"Only Paul tried to come to my rescue,
但他全然不是对手
"but he was quite overmatched."
但你们这些反女性投票权者
But then oughtn't your anti-Suffragists
不是被一个女人统治了63年吗
object to being ruled by a woman for 63 years?
-胡说 -6♥4♥年
- Bosh. - 6♥4♥.
-不对 是63年 -怎么胡说了
- No, it was 63. - But why is it bosh?
-因为 -而且 有人跟你
- Because... - And it's no good saying "bosh"
好吧 你说63就63
All right, then, 63.
意见相左不能就说人"胡说"
when someone disagrees with you.
如果就是胡说呢
You can if it is bosh.
是胡说 是因为这样的特例恰恰证明了铁律
It's bosh because the exception proves the rule -
而且你不会找到
and you will search in vain
比过世的女王更大的女性投票权反对者了
for as violent an enemy of your Suffragists as the late Queen.
那么她不虚伪吗
But, well, wasn't that hypocrisy in her?
完全不
Not at all.
胡说
Bosh.
这毫不虚伪
There was no hypocrisy in it.
这说明她对这一争议毫无兴趣
It showed her perfect disinterest in the controversy.
仅仅五分钟 他就把
"In five minutes he took up everything
我们从小被灌输的信条都撕碎了
"we were raised to believe in and ripped it entirely to shreds.
太有趣了 天呐
"It was lovely." Oh, dear.
一个好生意人对这世界的贡献
One sound man of business does more good to the world
比你们一打的社会改良者都多
than a dozen of your social reformers.
但最好的我留在了最后说
"But I have saved the best part for last."
我都不敢听了
Well, I dread to hear it!
我想反对女性参政♥权♥的言论
I do suppose the arguments against women's suffrage
的确很有力 是吧 威尔考克斯太太
are frightfully strong, Mrs Wilcox?
是吗
Are they?
我从不关注什么争论
I never follow any arguments.
我只觉得感激我不用投票
I am only too thankful not to have the vote myself.
可以倒咖啡吗
Would you pour the coffee, please?
-是 太太 -谢谢
- Yes, Miss. - Thank you.
突然 争论就结束了
"And suddenly the discussion was over.
我从未这么惊讶过
"I was never so much surprised in my life!
瞧 玛格 我又都搞错了
"So you see, Meg, I've got everything upso-down again.
剧集 | 霍华德庄园(2017) | 导航列表