剧集 | 霍华德庄园(2017) | 导航列表
我现在该走了
All I can do is go.
感谢你想帮我
Thank you for trying to help me.
再见
Goodbye.
他是谁
But who was he?
他就是我们想警告的那个 波尔费里翁公♥司♥的事
He was the young man we were to warn against the Porphyrion.
我们警告他了 结果呢
We warn him and look!
施莱格尔小姐 我能以朋友身份跟你谈谈吗
Miss Schlegel, may I speak to you as a friend?
当然
Yes, of course.
这样的话 你不是应该更小心才对吗
In that case, well, oughtn't you to be more careful?
-小心 -你太善良了
- Careful? - You're too kind.
没错
Yes, indeed.
你对别人太好了 他们会占你便宜
You behave much too well to people, and then they impose on you.
我进来一看见那个年轻人
When I came in and saw that young man
就知道
I could tell straight away
你对待他的方式不对
that you weren't treating him properly.
这种人我见得多了 你得离他们远点
I know the type. You have to keep them at a distance
不然他们会占你便宜 很悲哀但事实就是如此
or they take advantage. It's sad, but true.
我解释一下 我们为什么喜欢这个年轻人
Let me explain why we like this young man,
为什么想再见到他
and why we want to see him again.
你不是说 你真喜欢他吧
Oh, you shall never make me believe that you really like him!
是的 没错
We do. We do.
恐怕你和你妹妹...
I'm afraid that you and your sister...
我们想让他知道如何能飞黄腾达
We want to show him how he may get upsides with life.
能够一扫每日生活的阴霾
Something to relieve life's daily grey.
你们就错在这
Ah, well, that that is where you make your mistake,
施莱格尔小姐 你们犯大错了
Miss Schlegel. And it is a great mistake.
-对 -伊薇
- Yes, indeed. - Evie.
哪里犯错了 怎么说
Where? I mean, why?
这年轻人有自己的生活
This young man has his own life.
你们有什么权利断定人家不成功
What right have you to conclude it is an unsuccessful one?
-或者像你说的"阴霾" -因为
- Or, as you call it, "Grey"? - Because...
-等等 -这个嘛
- One minute. - Well...
等等 你根本不了解他
One minute! You know nothing of him.
他也许有自己的兴趣爱好
He probably has his own joys and interests.
妻子儿女 温暖舒适的小家
A wife, children, snug little home.
我看着我办公室里职员的脸
I look at the faces of the clerks in my own office.
我不知道他们心里在想什么 我也不想猜
I don't know what's going on beneath, I don't presume to.
顺说一句 伦敦也是如此
So, by the way, with London.
-怎么 -你对伦敦有什么了解
- Yes? - What do you know about London?
昨天你看见泰晤士河涨水
Yesterday you were pleased to admire
波光粼粼 你很高兴
the sunlight on the Thames at high tide.
水涨得越高 我看见阳光就越高兴
Well, the tide is higher and the sunlight more pleasant
因为我的合伙人和我
because my fellow capitalists and I
在特丁顿的船闸有股份
have shares in the lock at Teddington
我们缩短了伦敦桥下的水槽
and now we've shortened the tidal trough under London Bridge.
结果是船能吃水更深 照到水面上的阳光变多
Result - higher tides for shipping, more sunlight on the water.
我懂了
Yes, I see.
你有一种巧妙的方法 能把万事万物的
You do have a nice way of taking the poetry
诗意都夺走 威尔考克斯先生
out of everything, Mr Wilcox.
你为什么这么说
Why should you say so?
要是你的诗意是像你说的那样
If your poetry means what you say it does,
它为什么不能用来形容民用工程
why should it not be proof against a piece of civil engineering
这工程每年能为各行各业
which means millions of pounds a year in reduced shipping costs
节省数百万镑运输成本
for every sort of business under the sun?
施莱格尔小姐 你的错误在于
Your mistake, Miss Schlegel,
只从外部看文明
is only to see civilisation from the outside.
我只能说 我们喜欢这年轻人
All I can say is that we like this young man
我们看到了他的优秀品质
and we see something fine in him.
施莱格尔小姐 你们姐妹俩都很善良
Miss Schlegel, you're a pair of charitable creatures,
但活在这个并不善良的世界上 你们要更当心
but you really ought to be more careful in this uncharitable world.
那你弟弟呢 他怎么说
What about your brother? What does he say?
他是家里的男主人 不应该也出来坐坐吗
As the man of the house, oughtn't he to take an interest?
失陪了 我得去看看海伦在干什么
Excuse me. I must see what Helen is doing.
这个呢
Well! What about this?
海伦
Helen?
你一个人
Why, you're all alone!
对 他走了一阵了
Yes, he's been gone some time.
怎么了
But what happened?
没事的 真是个糊涂人
It's all right. Such a muddle of a man.
我好喜欢他
I like him so much.
来陪威尔考克斯们 之后再说这件事
Well, come back to the Wilcoxes and tell me later.
威先生很感兴趣 还有点兴奋
Mr W is much concerned, and slightly titillated.
我对他没耐心 我恨他
I have no patience with him. I hate him.
你恨他 我倒觉得他很好呢
You hate him? I thought him rather splendid.
还不是因为你分♥析♥他
Only because you dissect him.
你怎么这么说 你不也分♥析♥巴斯特先生吗
Why should you say so? Don't you dissect Mr Bast?
-我没有 -我们都有 我们总是分♥析♥别人
- I don't. - You do. We both do. We're always dissecting people.
你这么一说 这种做法真有点恶心
It does sound rather disgusting when you say it like that.
过来和狗狗玩吧
Come play with puppies.
别跟威尔考克斯父女谈论巴斯特先生
And don't discuss Mr Bast with the Wilcoxes.
他们不懂他
They don't understand him.
-你好 你们干什么去了 -看♥房♥♥子
- Hello! Where have you been? - Looking at houses.
希望你们选到中意的了
I do wish you'd find something.
我选不下去了
I can't bear to look at any more.
都不知道自己在找什么
I don't know what I'm looking for.
我们要怎么处理这些家具
What are we going to do with all this furniture?
还有父亲的书 我们快没时间了
And father's books? We are simply running out of time.
我们要是找不到房♥子 就无处可去
We are to go nowhere and be at home for no-one
得进收♥容♥所♥了
until we've found a house.
是伊薇·威尔考克斯寄来的 邀请我去
It's from Evie Wilcox, inviting me to lunch
辛普森餐厅跟她未婚夫卡希尔先生吃午餐
at Simpson's tomorrow with her fiance, Mr Cahill.
"我们三人肯定会聊得愉快"
"The three of us can have a jolly chat."
天啊
Egads.
她还惦记我们真是太善良了 也许我看错她了
It is kind of her to remember. Perhaps I've misjudged her.
她特别擅长体育
She is so excessively athletic.
也许体育挡住了她其他优良品质
Perhaps it blocks out her other good qualities.
我不明白她为什么请了我却没请你
I don't see why she invites me and not you.
我一直觉得她不喜欢我
I thought she disliked me.
也许是为了诱你投入她父亲的怀抱
Perhaps it is a ploy to drive you into the arms of her father.
你这么想吗
Do you think so?
这样我们就不用找房♥子了
It would save us the trouble of finding a house.
这倒是
Yes, that's true.
你会去吗
Will you go?
我必须去
Oh, I must.
强人玛格
Stalwart Meg.
我说过父亲可能也会参加派对吗
Did I tell you Father might be at the party?
他在那
Yes, there he is!
我想我能来就来
I thought I'd get round if I could.
我一听说伊薇的小计划
When I heard about Evie's little plan,
我就溜进来占了张桌子 永远记得要先占桌子
I slipped in to secure a table. Always secure a table first.
还有给切肉师♥傅♥小费 这是黄金法则
And tip the carver. That's the golden rule.
我信奉"走到哪儿小费就给到哪儿"
"Tip everywhere" is my motto.
伊薇 别装作你想坐在父亲旁边
Now, Evie, don't pretend you want to sit by your old father,
我知道你不想 施莱格尔小姐 坐我旁边
because I know you don't. Miss Schlegel, come round my side.
这就对了
That's it.
你的探讨小组怎么样了
How's your discussion society getting on?
-发现新乌托邦了吗 -没有
- Any new utopias? - No.
天 你看起来好累
My goodness, you look tired.
担心你的小职员吗
Have you been worrying after your young clerks?
不是 是担心房♥子 有房♥子推荐吗
No, houses. Do you know of any?
-恐怕没有 -什么事 父亲
- No, I'm afraid I don't. - What's that, Father?
我们五月必须找到新房♥子
We must find a new home in May.
必须找到 我是找不到了
Someone has to find it. I can't.
珀西 你有什么了解吗
Percy, do you know of anything?
恐怕没有
Can't say I do.
你就这样 永远都派不上用场
How like you! You're never any good.
永远都派不上用场 你听听她这话
Never any good! Just listen to her!
永远都派不上用场 拜托
Never any good. Oh, come!
你不就这样吗 施莱格尔小姐 你说他是不是
Well, you aren't. Miss Schlegel, is he?
施莱格尔小姐 要格鲁耶尔还是斯蒂尔顿奶酪
Miss Schlegel? Gruyere? Or Stilton?
剧集 | 霍华德庄园(2017) | 导航列表