剧集 | 霍华德庄园(2017) | 导航列表
But as I have, I must stick to her and keep her.
你们父母怎么说
What did your people say?
他们不愿意跟我们有关系
They will not have anything to do with us.
他们听说我结婚 召开了家庭议会
They had a sort of family council when they heard I was married,
把我们切断了
and cut us off altogether.
你父母是做什么的
Who are your people?
他们是商人
My parents were in trade.
我有两个姐姐 都嫁给了销♥售♥代表
I have two sisters, both married to commercial travellers.
我哥哥
And my brother
是俗人读经师
is a lay reader.
现在家里他说了算
He is head of the family now.
你祖父母呢
And your grandparents?
他们什么都不是
They were just nothing at all.
林肯郡的农民
Agricultural labourers and that sort, from Lincolnshire, mostly.
为什么你兄弟姐妹都反对巴斯特夫人
And why...why do your brothers and sisters object to Mrs Bast?
我知道有个男人
I knew there was a man.
直到今天我才知道他叫什么
I didn't know his name until today.
我真心极其抱歉
I am frightfully, dreadfully sorry.
但对我来说没有什么影响
But it does not make the least difference to me.
我不怪你妻子 都是男人的错
I blame not your wife for these things, but men.
要是我能工作 我们就没问题
We shall be all right if I get work.
情况不会再像现在这么糟糕
Then things won't be so bad again.
我不会像之前那样被账本所困
I don't trouble after books as I used.
要是我能有点事做
If I could just get something regular to do,
我们就能安顿下来
we should settle down again.
能让我不再胡思乱想
It stops one thinking.
安顿于什么
Settle down to what?
就是安顿下来
Oh, just settle down.
这就是生活吗
And that's to be life?
还有什么
What else?
但 不是我天真
But... And I am not naive,
大千世界那么多彩
but with all the beautiful things to see and do.
音乐 夜里散步 还有
With music. With walking at night. With...
我的确说过很多胡话
Oh, I did talk a lot of nonsense once.
你怎么会这么说
Why should you say so?
因为我明白了人必须有钱
Because I see one must have money.
你错了
Well, you're wrong.
我倒希望 但...
I wish I was wrong, but...
神职人员 他要么有钱 要么靠薪水活着
The clergyman - he has money of his own, or else he's paid.
诗人或音乐家也一样
The poet or the musician - just the same.
流浪汉最后只能进济贫院
The tramp goes to the workhouse in the end,
靠其他人的钱领薪水活着
and is paid for by other people's money.
剩下的都是痴人说梦
The rest is a dream.
你错了
You're still wrong.
你说我错了 那我就错吧
If you say I am, then I am.
我们都笼在雾里
We are all in a mist.
但威尔考克斯这样的人身边的雾更浓
But men like the Wilcoxes are deeper in the mist than any.
体面的英国绅士
Sane, sound Englishmen!
建起帝国
Building up empires,
用他们所谓的常识评判全世界
levelling all the world into what they call common sense.
不是真的 我发誓 这不是真的
It isn't real. Upon my life, it isn't real.
肯定是我太傻
I must be stupid.
天啊
Oh, dear...
"我最亲爱的孩子"
"My dearest boy..."
下集预告
你和你妹妹 你们这种女人
You and your sister, women like you -
你们怎么能猜到男人身边有多少诱惑
how can you guess at the temptations that lie around a man?
"巴斯特先生 我和威尔考克斯先生谈过了
"Mr Bast, l have spoken to Mr Wilcox,
我很遗憾 他没有空职可给你"
and am sorry to say "He has no vacancy for you."
我往你账户里打五千镑
I am placing £5,000 to your account
等我到德国
and when I am in Germany
你把它交给莱昂纳多和巴斯特夫人
you will pay it over to Leonard and Mrs Bast.
海伦在哪
Where's Helen?
这么久了 我担心死了
It's been ever so long. I'm dreadfully worried.
我不知道该想什么 提比
I don't know what to think, Tibby.
你想让我帮忙 我帮了
If you want my help, you have it.
玛格丽特
Margaret!
-我们担心的情况发生了 -对
- Is it what we feared? - Yes.
要是哪个男人敢玩弄我妹妹
If a man played about with my sister
我就一枪崩了他
I'd send a bullet through him.
亲爱的 原谅我
Oh, my darling, forgive me!
剧集 | 霍华德庄园(2017) | 导航列表