剧集 | 家园(2020) | 导航列表
办音乐会
Music would happen there.
然后出现了一个极好的机会 芝加哥智慧博物馆
And then there was this great moment when the Smart Museum of Chicago
举办了一场名叫“盛宴”的展览
had this exhibition called "Feast."
我们也参与了其中
We were part of that.
这些都是我艺术生涯中新兴的东西
All these things that were, like, emergent within my artistic practice,
但全都是在我家中出现的
but they were all happening at my crib.
我想找个大♥麻♥烦
I want a big problem.
他们说:“没人愿意 在69街和多彻斯特街这一带投资的”
Like, "Oh, no one's gonna invest in 69th and Dorchester."
我不会搬家的 因为我可以搬
I'm not gonna move, because I could move.
但我对眼皮底下的这些麻烦
But it's like, I'm interested in the problems
很感兴趣
that are right up under my nose.
在我看来 多彻斯特街上发生的事
For me, the things that happen on Dorchester
是世界上最有意义的事
are the hottest things in the world.
要比档案之屋和聆听之屋更重要
It's bigger than the Archive House. It's bigger than the Listening House.
比“家”这个词更重要
It's bigger than the word "home."
我的建筑包含着…
My buildings, they constitute...
爱的投入
a love investment.
我的下一个翻新工程
My next renovation
是街对面的第一块黑人影院用地
was the first space for black cinema across the street
现在我家也在那里
in what is now my house.
我认为那是这个街区里的一片小绿洲
And I think it's a little bit of an oasis in the middle of the block.
在一层 我们把房♥间弄得漆黑 把荧幕拉下来
On the first floor, we would blacken everything, pull the screen down,
观赏新兴艺术视频
and then watch emerging video artwork.
黑人影院之屋的意义 并不在于这个地方本身
You know, Black Cinema House wasn't so much about a place.
黑人影院之屋的意义在于 给那些没有地方展映作品的电影人
Black Cinema House was about filmmakers who are making films--
提供了一个展映作品的地方
and they don't have a place to screen their films-- could have a place.
其意义在于 创造一场提高电影影响力的运动
It was about creating a movement so that film mattered more,
这样也提高了文化的影响力
and, in that sense, culture mattered more.
其意义在于
It was about defending the right
捍卫黑人拥有商业用地的权利
that a black person has to make black space work.
(黑人影院之屋)
现在我拥有这些建筑
And now I have these buildings
我会在其间搬来搬去
that I kind of move in between
从我家搬到6916号♥、6918号♥
from my crib to 6916, 6918.
从这个意义上来说 这是一系列的空间
In that sense, there's a kind of constellation of spaces,
把这些建筑放在一起 就像是一个膨胀的家
and when you put those buildings together, it's a kind of an exploded home.
(档案之屋 黑人影院之屋 聆听之屋)
我个人并不需要太大的空间
I don't actually need a lot of space for me.
但我想要很大的空间
But I do want a lot of space
让我能够看到黑人同胞们的巨大潜力
so that I can see the mad potential within my people.
西斯特在对一个地方进行改造时
What Theaster says when he transforms a place
(货币兑换咖啡馆)
他并非仅仅是修复并让其变漂亮
it's not just, "Fix the place and make it look pretty."
他说:“这是我们住的地方 是我们养育子女的地方”
He's saying, "We live here. We raise our children here."
为了让孩子拥有希望 他说
For a child to have any sense of hope, he's saying,
“我们不必搬家 我们必须要改造我们住的地方”
"We don't have to move anywhere. We have to transform where we are."
(请在吧台下单)
我们最初是以艺术品的角度 来看待那个建筑的
We tackled the building initially as an artwork.
-是 -所以一切装饰细节
-Right. -So, you know, all the cladding,
比如与兑换相关的东西
you know, the exchange stuff,
比如我们会空出几面墙 之后再添加新的装饰
choosing to leave some walls and then make new things happen,
(西联汇款)
(食品券 支付水电账单 汽车牌照服务)
所有这些感觉都是我的美学的一部分
all of that stuff felt like it's part of my aesthetic.
-感觉很好 -老兄 太棒了
-It feels good. -Dude, it's dope.
听着 通常的情况是 我们非常渴望得到存在感
See, 'cause what happens a lot of times is we're so hungry for representation,
结果不得不为所有人提供帮助
we wind up having to be something for everybody.
-是的 -这个话题
-Oh, yeah. -That's the conversation
是我们社区中的一个核心话题 因为事实如此
that's a visceral conversation in our community 'cause it's real.
-不是我们瞎编的 -对
-We gotta make none of that up. -Yeah.
-是… -互相帮助
-Yeah. Yeah. -Helping one another.
-是 -对 那才是关键
-Yeah. -Yeah, that's what it's all about.
咖啡馆回来了 它活了
The caf茅 is back. It's alive.
-是 -是 它活了 重新开业了
-Yeah. -Yeah. It's live. It's back on.
不要忘记
Don't forget it.
(哈洛德鸡棚)
(货币兑换咖啡馆)
我认为西斯特对这里的影响非常巨大
I think Theaster's impact here has been incredible.
西斯特拥有远见
Theaster comes in with vision,
这些房♥屋在他眼中
and he takes a look at these buildings,
不仅仅是年久失修的建筑
and he sees them more than just dilapidated buildings.
他能看到它们的第二次生命、第三次生命
He sees them with a second life and a third life.
我认为那是他给这个社区带来的活力
That's what I think he's brought to this community. It's a vibrancy.
(东69街 南多彻斯特街)
69街和多彻斯特街 和我小时候长大的地方很像
69th and Dorchester is a lot like the neighborhood that I grew up in,
可以说 我感觉
and I feel like, in some ways,
在芝加哥南区做这些事
doing this work on the South Side of Chicago has to do with
是我在寻找成长过程中 对我影响深远的重要东西
me looking for richness within the things that made me.
我确信他从小在芝加哥西区长大 一定很艰难
I'm sure it was very difficult for him to grow up on the West Side of Chicago
那是一个出于实际原因而被废弃的城区
in an area that was, for all practical purposes, abandoned.
没有城市资源
No city resources.
那里毫无希望
No light was shining on that place.
我是家里九个孩子中最小的
I'm the ninth child of nine.
我有八个姐姐
I have eight sisters.
我和姐姐们从小在芝加哥西区长大
My sisters and I grew up on the West Side of Chicago.
我们很穷 但我们不知道自己很穷
We didn't have a lot, but we didn't know we didn't have a lot.
到了该上中学时 我的成绩很好
When it was time for middle school, my grades were very good.
我搭巴士去北区上学
I got bused to the North Side school.
在去北区的路上
As you went north,
会途径黑人区、波多黎各区、墨西哥区
the neighborhood would go from black to Puerto Rican and Mexican
最后来到蓝领与中产白人区
to a kind of working-class and middle-class white.
这一路上 我能感受到居民区的变化
As I moved neighborhood to neighborhood, I could feel the change.
我能看到整齐的砖墙和修剪过的草坪
I could see the brick tuck-pointing, the grass mowed.
我无论何时看到一栋漂亮房♥子 都会认为里面住着白人
Whenever I saw a nice building, I assumed white people lived in it.
我无论何时看到一栋年久失修的房♥子
Whenever I saw a busted-up building,
都会认为里面住着黑人
I assumed black people lived in it.
然后开始发生一种现象 我上学前
What started to happen was I'd go to school,
一台推土机出现在我家的街区
and a bulldozer would be showing up on my block.
等我放学回家时 那栋房♥子已经不见了
I'd come home, and the building would be gone.
如果那房♥子里有人贩卖♥♥毒品 或者是一栋废弃房♥屋
If drugs were being sold in the building or the building was abandoned
(私人领地 禁止入内)
我们就把那栋房♥子拆掉 好像这样就能解决问题
we would erase the building as if that would make the problem go away.
我们拆除了建筑物
We erased our architecture.
大幅度地改变了
It drastically changed the built environment
黑人和棕色人种居民区的居住环境
in black and brown neighborhoods.
要靠近问题的所在 了解需求 才能作出改变
You gotta be proximate to the problem, to the need, to change it,
我认为这正是西斯特的优秀之处
and I think that's the beauty of Theaster.
有他那样的人际关系和曝光度
With all of his relationships, with all of his exposure,
他想住在哪里都可以
he could live anywhere.
我认为这很强大
I think that's powerful.
(芝加哥城际列车)
兄弟们
Fellas.
-喂… -嗨…
-Yo, yo. -Hey, hey.
-嗨 -怎么样 老兄?
-Hey, man. -What's happening, man?
-你好吗? -很好
-How ya feeling? -Good.
-你们呢? -很好
-How y'all been? -Good.
这棵树是哪来的?混在一起的吗?
Where did this tree come from? Was it in the mix?
混在一起的
It was in the mix.
腐烂的地方可能在内部一直烂到这里
You know, the rot could conceivably go up to here.
也许从这到这的木材还不错
You might have decent wood from here to here.
但也可以绕开腐烂的部分
But you could play around with that rot too.
我们可能可以做个高脚凳
We could potentially have a high stool.
对 酒吧里那种 好的
Yeah, a bar type stool. Okay.
来看一看这些
Let's look at these real quick.
-几乎就像文身一样 -是 对…
-I mean, it almost feels like a tattoo. -Yeah, right, right.
-但密度很大 -是
-It's dense though. -Yeah.
农夫们曾经用这种木材做篱笆的支柱 很适合用在户外
Farmers used to use it for fence posts. It's good outside.
感觉不错
It feels good.
我喜欢
I love it.
我真的很喜欢
I really do love it.
在2014年 我接到了文♥化♥部♥打来的电♥话♥
In 2014, I received a call from the Department of Cultural Affairs.
他们对我说
They told me
城市要砍掉很多树
that the city was in the process of having to cut down a lot of trees.
他们想让我考虑来做一件艺术品
They wanted me to consider making an art project.
当他们告诉我具体要砍多少棵树后
When they explained to me the number of trees that was being torn down,
我立刻想:“你们需要的不是艺术品
剧集 | 家园(2020) | 导航列表