剧集 | 家园(2020) | 导航列表
I had ideas about the construction practice
有很想去看一看的东西
and things I definitely wanted to check out,
但是有很多东西我都一无所知
but there was a lot that I just didn't know.
我去了很多座庙 想要寻找灵感
I traveled to a bunch of temples looking for inspiration.
我很想欣赏空无一人的花♥园♥景观
I really wanted to get a view of a garden when no one was around.
体会走在庙宇中的感觉
See what it felt like to walk on temple floors.
走上磨损的台阶 体会那种感觉
Step up on a worn stair. Feel what that's like.
我去了大型木框架的房♥屋和山间的房♥屋
I went to these large timber-frame homes and mountain homes.
它们的木材上都有时间留下的深深痕迹
They all have this deep patina on the timbers.
很有质感
And it just had this richness.
然后我去了这座漂亮的老房♥
And then I went to this one pretty old house.
外观是被烧焦的深黑色
And it was just, like, charred, dark black.
不久之后我便开始研究 得知了那是什么
Wasn't until much later that I started researching it and knowing what it was.
烧焦的木板 日文名为烧杉板
You know, the burned boards, yakisugi.
52年前 这座房♥子的外墙被烧焦了
Fifty-two years ago, the exterior wall of this house was all burnt.
(日本建筑保护者 泷下嘉弘)
我们称之为“烧杉板”
We call it yakisugi.
我什么都没做 它们现在依然完好
I did nothing to it. They are still there.
依然很坚固
They are still strong.
这是个很神奇的办法
This is amazing method.
这种烧杉板的工艺 已经有一千三百年历史了
This knowledge of burning cedar board is 1,300 years old.
由大♥师♥级木匠亲手烧制
Master carpenter did it himself.
木板中注入了木匠的灵魂
Their spirit is in it.
烧杉板非常耐用
The yakisugi is really durable.
对农民来说非常适合
It's perfect for farmers.
无需花很多钱去反复重新刷漆
You don't need to spend a lot of money repainting, repainting.
有些木板可以使用300至400年
And some of them last 300, 400 years.
在使用烧板工艺加工时 几块木板之间形成通道 像烟囱一样
With the burn-board technique,
the boards form a tunnel, creating a chimney.
会自然地将火焰引导到顶部 像火箭一样喷出来
And naturally encourages the fire to shoot out of the tops like a rocket
将木板的内部烧焦
and burn the insides of the boards.
这项工艺很不可思议
The technique is pretty incredible.
在烧焦的表层之下的那层木质 经过火的处理会变硬
Underneath the char, there is a surface that's fire-hardened
从而形成木材的第二道保护层
that then is this sort of secondary form of protection for the wood.
这样就可以保护一座房♥屋长达几百年之久
Being able to take care of a home from hundreds of years ago
并赋予其新的生命
and give it new life.
我得以使用基本没有变化过的
And to be working with techniques and tools
工艺和工具
that are basically unchanged.
能看到这些工艺得以应用
To see it actually practiced
并看到一种文化将其理念融会贯通
and to see how a culture integrates that sort of thinking,
是一种很特别的体验
uh, you know, was very special.
就是这个 这正是我想做的事 参与其中
That was it. That's what I wanted to do. Just be in that.
然后我有些迷茫:“我该造什么?
And then I'm scratching my head, like, "What am I gonna make?
如何把心中的想法表达出来
How you gonna get these ideas out
同时又能利用这些技术与工艺?”
in a way that also utilizes the skills and technique?"
我便开始构思建筑物的设计
So, I started thinking about buildings and structures.
我认为这些材料用在这里是有意义的
And then that's where, for me, it was like, oh, all these materials make sense.
一座房♥屋可以同时拥有功能与美
In a house, you can have beauty and functionality.
用到木材、灰泥和金属
You know, wood, plaster, metal.
可以把大量的这类建材组建在一起
You can have a lot of these things just all come together.
我正是这么做的
And so that's, you know-- that's what I did.
我通过这些经验掌握了宝贵的技能和知识
I gained incredible skills and knowledge through those experiences
我对自己从中得到的转变感到非常高兴
and couldn't be more pleased with that transition out of it.
从日本回来后我认识了朱莉
Came back from Japan and then, um-- then met Julie.
我们的爱情故事很完美
Our love story is just... It's-It's just-- It's perfect.
完美 感觉找到了对的人
Perfect. It was like it felt exactly right.
我们是一个清晨 在普罗维登斯的这家咖啡馆里认识的
We met in the morning super early at this coffee shop in Providence.
我还记得他在我们前面排队的画面
I remember, I can, like, picture him standing in line in front of us.
我们都看到了彼此 可以说是一见钟情
And so I think we both saw each other and had an instant connection.
太疯狂了
It's crazy.
我之前从未对任何人有过这种感觉
Which I had never had with anybody before.
我从未第一次见到某人
I had never just seen somebody out of the blue
就立刻对那个人产生了好感
and felt so instantly connected to them.
他之后去工作了 那天晚上我又见到了他 接下来的事大家都知道了
He went to work, and I saw him that evening, and the rest is history.
我们都觉得彼此是对的人
We both were just very much like, "You're... You're... You're it."
-是冷的 -是…
-And it's cold. -Yeah. Yeah.
当朱莉出现时 我心想:“就是她了”
When Julie came along, I would say, "Ah, that's the one."
我感到了一种平静与安慰 因为他找到了
I felt a sense of peace and comfort that he had found someone
最适合自己的人
that was the best possible match for him.
当时我住在缅因州的一个小木屋里
At that time, I was living in this tiny little cabin in Maine.
我们知道我们不能都住在那里
We knew we both couldn't live there.
我觉得我们想住在别的地方 尤其是我们即将要组建家庭了
I think we just wanted to be somewhere else, especially as we start a family.
我们去看过很多地
And so we looked at a lot of properties.
我们已经看过其他几个地方 都不行
We've already checked out a couple other places,
and they're just not gonna work.
我们驾车行驶在这条路上 车道非常完美
So, we're driving up this road, and the driveway is, like, perfect.
弯道的弧度刚刚好 还有漂亮的石墙
It's got the right curve, and it's got this nice stone wall.
我和朱莉互相看着对方 说:“对 就是它了”
Julie and I are looking at each other, like, "Oh, yeah, this is it."
我们都惊呆了
I think we were awestruck.
她说:“我们买♥♥下来吧”
She was like, "Let's do it."
我没有真正建房♥子的经验
I didn't have any real experience at actually building houses.
朱莉非常信任我的能力
Julie put a lot of, uh, trust in my abilities.
(木柴炉 舒适的椅子)
最后用了四年时间才建好
It ended up taking, like, over four years to get this all together.
这不是一项小工程
It was no small feat.
煤烟屋是由一个老旧的小木屋改造的
The Soot House started as an old two-by-four barn.
它原本是一个简陋的小屋
It was an existing, kind of stick-built structure
被用来当做花♥园♥储物棚
that they used as a garden shed.
我们考虑可以把它拆除或是保留下来
So, we're like, "We could tear this down or save it."
(之前的位置)
(新工作室位置)
我们不想让它留在之前的位置
And so, we didn't want it where it was.
于是决定把它吊起来 挪到现在这个位置
And we decided that we wanted to pick it up
and move it and nestle it over here.
我们的目标是把所有与房♥子不协调的东西
And so our goal was to kind of pull back all of the stuff
全部拆除
that felt like it didn't belong
然后把房♥子安置在一块土地上
and set this house onto a piece of property
给人一种它一直就建在这里的感觉
where it felt like it has been here forever.
不去破坏这片土地真正的美 对我们来说非常重要
It was just really important for us to not disrupt the true beauty of this land.
安东尼从房♥子的边缘 捡起了39平方厘米的苔藓
Anthony literally picked up six-inch squares of moss off the ledge,
把苔藓放到其他地方去生长 他什么都没有破坏
lifted them up, brought them somewhere else to grow, without disrupting anything.
他对待一切都非常小心翼翼
He has such a light touch on things.
对他来说 这是他默默追逐艺术的方式
For him, it's just this quiet way
with which he goes about pursuing his artistry.
他把这年久失修的木屋 改建成了一个美丽的建筑
He took this old dilapidated barn and just created a beautiful structure,
无论是室内还是室外
both outside and inside.
我们让房♥子的西南方向面对一小片空地
We positioned the house to have a slight southwest exposure.
这座房♥子的重点是 后院能够看到峡谷中的风景
So, this house is all about the view in the back into this ravine.
就像日本的花♥园♥
Just like in Japanese gardens.
但是那里有一个71厘米的落差 坡度较陡
But there's a pretty steep 28-inch grade change.
我们开始考虑房♥屋的形态 该如何利用这个空间
We started thinking about form and how we're gonna use up that space.
最后我们决定把这个落差包括在房♥屋内部
And so we decided to use that grade change inside the building.
把厨房♥设计在了那里
Drop the kitchen in that spot.
在主体空间地板下设置了储物空间
Do some storage under the platform of the main space.
这屋子不大 只有一层半
It's not a big building. It's only a story and a half.
所以我们设计了一个阁楼 这让我们在美学设计方面有了更多自♥由♥
So, we do a loft, which allowed for a lot more freedom of aesthetics.
我们知道 房♥子的大部分结构上都要用到灰泥
We knew that we were gonna want plaster for the majority of the place.
石膏灰泥里含有不纯的石英 所以呈灰色
Gypsum plaster has this impurity of quartz in it, so it has this gray,
这就令室内空间显得有深度
that then allows a depth to be created.
我在学校里学到 人们看到的第一样东西是最重要的
I learned in school that whatever your eye sees first becomes incredibly important.
那样东西会奠定这个空间的氛围与基调
And that's what sets the mood, sets that tone for the space.
所以我才使用开口结合的烧杉板来做侧墙
So, that's how I got the burn-board siding that's open joint.
屋顶上的侧墙也一样
Same siding as on the roof.
我认为细节决定了整体
For me, the details are what make up the whole.
如果不去考虑建房♥使用的材料
If you're not thinking about the materials that you're putting into the house,
那将错失整个建筑的灵魂
then you're missing out on the whole life of the building.
这里有几个我在美学方面追求的特点
There's some key features here aesthetically that I was shooting for,
比如使用大量的松木
using lots of pine.
能看出明显的光泽 像抹了油一样
You can really see oil and a shine to it.
使用了很多混凝土 楼梯是混凝土做的
Did a lot of concrete work. We did concrete stairs.
水槽是混凝土浇铸的
We cast the sinks in concrete.
室内有很多小细节 比如使用了铜
The little touches inside, the use of copper,
楼梯的扶手
the railing that goes on the stairway,
曾用来摘苹果的旧梯子
the old ladder that was used to take apples off of a tree.
仿佛这些东西组成了一首交响曲
剧集 | 家园(2020) | 导航列表