剧集 | 家园(2020) | 导航列表
What kind of a world could that be?
在这个世界里 我们没有主动排斥其他物种
One in which we didn't actively exclude all other species.
我们没有把城市周边地区夷为平地
Where we didn't plow down the new area at the edge of town
去建造住房♥
where we want to build housing
并破坏大♥片♥乡村风景
and take huge chunks of the rural landscape of the country
破坏一切植被
and figure out how to exterminate everything
就为了在土壤中种植赚钱的农作物
but the money-generating crap we want to grow in the soil.
在奥斯汀 河上有一座桥
Here in Austin, we have this bridge over the river
这座桥连接着穿过市中心的主要街道
right on the kind of main street through downtown.
工程师们在桥的下方
The engineers have these little crevices they designed
设计了很多小裂缝
as part of the underside of the bridge
宽度正好 成了这些蝙蝠的栖息地
that just happen to be the perfect width for these bats to inhabit.
每天晚上 人们会到桥上去体验不可思议的奇迹
Every night, people go out there and just experience the incredible wonder...
成千上万只蝙蝠会飞出来觅食
of millions of bats flying around their heads, going out for dinner.
你看到那个它们飞出来地方了吗? 就在那个柱子旁
You see that spot up there where they're coming out, right there at that column?
看到了
Uh-huh.
很准时
Right on time.
真是个美好的意外
What a wonderful accident.
我们如果保持一种整体生态会怎样?
But what if we maintained something closer to a kind of holistic ecology?
这也许是完美主义的想法 但也是很务实的完美主义想法
It's maybe utopian, but it's a very pragmatic kind of utopian thinking.
这种做法有大量积极的影响
There are so many levels in which this impacts in a positive way.
简单的做法是说:“我们搬到别处去吧”
The easy thing is to say, "Let's just move somewhere else."
但几乎整个人类历史上 我们一直在这样做
But that's what we've done for almost our entire history.
把一个地方破坏了就搬走
Mess things up and move on.
但现在我们有了技术和科研力量
But now we have the technology, we have the research,
我们有数据支持 告诉我们可以回去 把被破坏的环境复原
we have the data to say we can actually go back and reset things and make them right.
正确且有益的地方在于 他们没有对土地过度开♥发♥
What's really right and good is that they haven't overdeveloped the land.
这可以算是对克里斯的家的总结
That kind of sums up Chris's place.
把自己融入大地 但只去获取自己必须的资源
You integrate yourself into the earth, but you don't take more than you need.
看 我捉到一只虫子
Look, I got a bug.
克里斯是搬到居民区后
Chris is one of the people who's moved into the neighborhood
冲到前线来保护我们的居民区那种人
and has jumped into the front lines of protecting our neighborhood.
现在有了他法律方面的专长
Now, with his legal expertise,
我们正着手改造并保护从欢乐谷水坝
we are embarking on the reclamation and protection of the wildlife corridor
一直延伸到城市的这条野生动物栖息带
from the Pleasant Valley Dam all the way to the city limits.
你不必去优胜美地
You don't have to go to Yosemite,
不必去大峡谷或德纳里
you don't have to go to the Grand Canyon or to Denali.
有很多大自然的风光就藏在你的眼前
There are pockets of nature hiding right there in plain sight in front of you.
但我们每个人都有责任去照顾大自然
But we all have responsibility and duty to take care of it
将它恢复到应有的样貌
and nurture it back to the way it wants to be.
在生命中创造奇迹最好的方法
Filling life up with wonder is best achieved through
就是去走没人走过的路
going down untraveled paths.
剧集 | 家园(2020) | 导航列表