剧集 | 家园(2020) | 导航列表
甚至…
Even in...
因为我在不同的地方教城市管理课程
Because I was teaching urban management in different places...
我看到许多 我原以为是印度独有的城市化问题
I saw that problems of urbanization I thought were specific to India
其实这些问题在世界各地都在恶化
were, in fact, getting worse everywhere.
在我们这个过度机械化的世界上
In our overly mechanized world,
人们一致认为手工艺的时代已经结束
the notion is somehow that craftsmanship is over.
一切都要经过机器加工、制♥造♥
Everything has to go through a machine.
虽然建筑物经过几个世纪的演化
Even though there was a rich tradition of buildings
有着丰富的传统
that had evolved through centuries,
包含着当地人的技艺、建材
which included local skills, local materials,
但我们却打算把这些在一夜之间全都抛弃 去采用西方模式
we were ready to throw all of that away overnight for the Western model.
这种情况在全世界都能看到 我们的可用资源非常丰富
You see this throughout the world, where we have access to so much,
但我们却忘记了本地的潜力
but we're forgetting the potential of our place.
我看到很多有手艺的人得不到重视
I saw that the people with skills were not valued.
结果导致印度的工匠们低估了自身的价值
As a result, the Indian craftsmen undervalue themselves.
他们感觉自己会被未来淘汰
They felt that the future will be about them dying out.
这些都令我感到困扰
All of this was bothering me.
我开始想
And I started thinking,
是时候让西方承认 印度也能向人类贡献一技之长
it's time for the West to acknowledge that India has something to offer.
当我受邀去为威尼斯建筑双年展 提供概念时
So when I was invited to produce a concept for the Architecture Biennale in Venice,
我立刻就知道我想与世界分享墙壁之屋
I knew immediately that Wall House was what I wanted to share with the world.
不只是墙壁之屋的模型
But not just a model of Wall House.
我想让人们亲身体验我的家
I wanted people to experience the home itself.
(威尼斯建筑双年展)
在建筑这个专业里
Within the architecture profession,
要与全世界的建筑师分享你的作品
the Venice Biennale is perhaps the most prestigious place
威尼斯双年展可能是最有威望的地方了
to share one's work with the rest of the global community.
对建筑师来说 被威尼斯双年展选中
For an architect to be chosen for the Venice Biennale
是至高无上的荣誉
is an incredible privilege.
2012年 我接到了她的电♥话♥ 她说
In 2012, I got a call from her and she said,
“他们邀请我去 你认为可能吗?”
"I've been invited to do this. Do you think it's possible?"
我说:“当然 你有充足的时间
I said, "Yeah, you've got plenty of time.
我们有办公室 你可以画图、做模型”
We've got an office. You can draw up things, make models."
她说:“不 那不是我想做的
She said, "No, that's not what I want to do.
我要把我的房♥子按原尺寸建在展会里”
I'm gonna build my house at full scale in one of the spaces."
我说:“好吧”
I said, "Oh, okay."
2012年 安努帕玛说 “塞凯尔 我们把墙壁之屋建到意大利”
In 2012 Anupama said, "Sekar, let's build my Wall House in Italy."
我们只有两个月时间
We only had two months
去建造一座墙壁之屋一比一的复♥制♥品
to build a one-to-one replica of Wall House.
一切都要在60天内按原比例建好
Everything to scale and within 60 days.
我心想:“这怎么可能?”
I thought, "How is this possible?"
我想原汁原味地还原
I wanted to keep it authentic.
我们装满了三个集装箱的砖、赤陶土管
We filled three shipping containers full of bricks, terra-cotta tubes,
颜料等等
pigments, everything.
人们在印度笑话我们
People in India joked about us.
他们说把这些东西 从集装箱里拿出来就要两个月
They said it would take two months for us to unpack.
但我们还是去了
But we went anyway.
当展品终于对外开放时 我们已经疲惫不堪
When the installation finally opened, first of all, we were exhausted.
但那是一座可以真正走进去的房♥子
But it was a real house you could enter.
我们甚至连池塘都建了
There was even the water pond built.
一切尘埃落定
Everything was done.
我记得在威尼斯双年展上看到墙壁之屋
I remember encountering Wall House in the Venice Biennale.
它是少数几个原尺寸展品之一
It was one of the few full-scale projects.
我记得我停下脚步 想要抚摸房♥屋的表面
And I remember slowing down and wanting to run my hand on surfaces.
靠近了仔细一看 我发现了指纹
When I looked at the work closely, I found fingerprints.
那正是它如此吸引人的原因
And that's exactly why it was so intriguing.
安努帕玛在用一种非常清晰、诗意的方式
Anupama was challenging the norms of Venice
挑战威尼斯的标准
in a very clear, poetic way.
可以看出这个建筑物上人工制♥造♥的痕迹
You could see that architecture, it's made by people.
看出手工制♥造♥的痕迹
And it's made by people's hands.
开幕那天 他们向所有人发放饮料
On opening day, they passed drinks out to everyone.
但是安努对我说:“塞凯尔 别拿饮料”
But Anu said to me, "Sekar, don't touch that!"
然后她把我带上舞台 宣布
Then she took me to the stage and announced,
“有请塞凯尔来打开第一瓶香槟”
"Sekar will do the honors of opening the champagne first."
现场有很多值得尊敬的人比我更有资格
There were many respectable people there who deserved that more than me.
没有人会这样对待一位工匠
No one else would have done that for a craftsman.
那是一份荣誉
It was an honor.
我泪流满面
I was in tears.
那一晚是我这辈子最快乐的时光
I had the best time of my life that night.
我永远忘不了那一天
I can never forget that day.
展品大获成功
It was an absolute success.
(没有建筑师的作品 在威尼斯双年展上大放异彩)
它引起了包括我们在内的建筑公♥司♥的注意
Architectural institutions such as ours took notice.
房♥子的有趣之处是它们有一种神秘的特质
The funny thing about houses is that they have this mythic quality.
我们会把房♥子想象成别的东西
We imagine "house" as being something else.
它是一个人居住的地方
It's where a person lives.
它是那个人的延伸
It's an extension of that person.
墙壁之屋是多种声音的结合
Wall House is this kind of coalescing of voices.
从根本上说 这层层相叠的人的故事
This layering of stories of people's lives
才是安努帕玛正在面对的东西
that Anupama, in essence, is grappling with.
而不是世界上的种种问题 她在面对自己
And it's not the problems of the world. She's grappling with self.
她在面对建筑师的意义
And she's grappling with what it means to be an architect.
并与生命的意义重归于好
And reconciling what it means to live.
有些脆弱 但可以撑得住
It is a bit fragile, but it holds.
但我不确定这一边能不能撑住
But I'm not sure if it will on this side.
它必须是对角线 也许你见过菲利普布洛克的作品
It needs to be diagonal-- maybe you've seen Philippe Block's work.
我认为对年轻一代人最重要的是
I think the most important thing is that the younger generation
他们应该有信心去用不同的方法创作
should feel empowered to create things differently.
他们不应按别人吩咐的方式去做事
They shouldn't be doing things because they were told to do that.
不应因为习惯去做事
Or because that's the habit, you know?
将来我希望能把这些想法带回孟买♥♥
In the future, I hope to bring these ideas to Bombay.
并利用那里的资源
And to use what is there.
这是一个挑战 我不知道是否可行
I mean, it's a challenge. I don't know if it's going to work.
但无论任务似乎有多么艰巨
But no matter how daunting the task seems to be,
无论问题有多么可怕
no matter how overwhelming the problem is...
不去尝试是绝不可能的
it is not an option to not attempt it.
剧集 | 家园(2020) | 导航列表