剧集 | 家园(2020) | 导航列表
And there was an English teacher who did a course on nature writing.
我们会一起去树林或田野漫步
And we would all go hiking into the woods or into a field
将观察到的东西写出来
and just kind of describe your observations.
走走停停
That idea of stopping...
用写作的眼光去仔细观察
and tuning in with a writerly eye,
这门不起眼的课对我影响很大
that little class had a big impact on me.
人类空间与自然之间的分离
This division between human space and nature
是我们自己造成的
is a construct of our own making.
这座房♥子的意义在于 让周围的环境融入进来
This house is about inviting the immediate environment in.
所以房♥子被分成两个部分
And so the house is divided in two.
一部分是公共区域 有厨房♥、餐厅和起居室
One side is for the public space, our kitchen, dining room and living room.
另一部分亭阁是私人空间
And then there's the pavilion that's the more private space.
只有两间卧室
There's just our two bedrooms.
一间是我和阿古斯蒂娜的 一间是我儿子雨果的
One for Agustina and me and one for my son, Hugo,
他现在在国外生活、工作
who's living and working abroad.
这条峡谷穿过房♥子 将其一分为二
We have this canyon going through the house that separates both sides.
走进去时的感觉
There's nearly a filtration process
几乎就像是从白天突然进入了黑夜
of leaving the day world to go in the night world.
从一边走到另一边会与自然亲密接触
You engage with nature as you go from one to the other.
来
Come on.
这里是各种鸟类迁徙的主要路线
We're here on a major migratory pathway for all manner of bird life,
白鹭、鱼鹰 有时还有成群的野生鹈鹕
egrets and osprey and the occasional flock of wild pelicans.
房♥子天花板很高 有种把天空纳入起居室的效果
And the high ceilings have the effect of pulling the sky into the living room.
可以说我有一半的时间感觉自己像个访客
In a way, I feel like I'm a visitor here half the time,
真正的居民是绿色的屋顶 和所有栖息在上面的动物
and the real residents are the green roof and all of its inhabitants.
我感觉自己一不留神
I feel like the moment you look away,
大自然就会扑过来把房♥子占据
nature is just ready to pounce and take over.
植物吸引了生活在地表的各种幼虫、蠕虫
The plants attract all these grubs and worms and things that live in the topsoil.
昆虫又吸引了各种蜥蜴
And the insects attract all these lizards.
(克里斯布朗家庭录影)
蜥蜴喜欢藏在窗户下面的小屋檐底下
And the lizards like to hide under the little eaves under the windows.
所以珊瑚蛇就会从树林里出来捕猎蜥蜴
And so coral snakes come up out of the woods to hunt for lizards
就在我们卧室门外
right outside of our bedroom door,
发现这种东西就不要告诉老婆了
which is not one of the things you want to tell your wife you found.
有时感觉与野外接触过于亲密
Sometimes it gets a little too wild.
很难保持平衡
It's hard to maintain the balance.
我认为房♥子被屋顶吞噬他也不会有意见
I think he would be fine if the house got swallowed up by the roof.
今年夏天的气温达到了历史纪录的第三高
It's the third-hottest summer on record.
没想到屋顶居然这么抗热
I can't believe how well this roof held up with that.
去年夏天几乎
I mean, the last summer that was almost as bad
和我们建房♥子那年夏天一样热
was the summer we were building the house.
是
Yeah.
可能几乎没人像克里斯那样 不停地对我说植物的事
Chris is probably one of the few that will drone on with me about plants.
(高级环境设计师 约翰哈特亚瑟)
也许这就是他能写出优秀作品的原因
I think this is probably why he also writes so well,
因为他一直有好奇心、一直在探寻
is that he is constantly inquisitive, constantly searching.
根据天气情况 需要浇一点水
Depending on conditions, you need to irrigate a little bit.
很多房♥主可能会把这里弄成平地
A lot of property owners probably would have just flattened the site,
种些灌木和花
brought in some shrubs, got some flowers going,
但克里斯下定决心
but Chris is absolutely committed
要把本地的草和野花种回来
to bringing back the native grasses and wildflowers.
这株蓝刚草想长上来?
This Indian grass is trying to come up?
他不想要静态的雕塑
He didn't want a static figure.
他想要一种每天都可以互动东西
He wanted something that he could engage with every single day.
看起来它长得不错
This looks like it's taken pretty well.
若不是阿古斯蒂娜 这座房♥子就不会有野生绿色屋顶
This house would not have the wild green roof if it had not been for Agustina,
她知道我们的社区中存在这种知识
who understood that this knowledge existed in our community,
如何真正重现得克萨斯州原生景观
of how to really bring back the Texas native landscape.
阿古斯蒂娜把这些设计概念拿给我看时
When Agustina came to me and presented these design concepts,
我看着她说:“你想把草原种在房♥顶上”
I looked at her and said, "You're trying to put a prairie on a roof."
她说:“是吗?” 我说:“当然”
And she said, "Are we?" And I said, "Absolutely."
我说:“我想我们可以帮你实现”
And I said, "I think we can help you out."
她喜欢这种与众不同
She loves the uncanny.
她喜欢打破普通的生活方式
She loves hacking the normal ways of living.
倒茶
Pour the tea.
喝茶吗?
Tea?
喝
Yep!
(阿古斯蒂娜父母的家)
你们觉得姨丈和阿姨来了之后 他们会怎么想?
What do you guys think t铆o and t铆a are gonna think when they come?
-他们会爱上那房♥子 -是吗?
-They're gonna love the house. -You think so?
-是 -你打算让他们住哪?
-Yes. -Where you gonna put 'em?
要让他们住多功能房♥间吗?
Are you gonna put them in the multipurpose room?
-把沙发打开… -就一直开着?
-Open the couch and-- -And leave it open?
-为了他们一直开着 -真好
-Leave it open for them. -That'll be nice.
-要牛奶吗? -要
-Leche? -Yeah.
我对家的概念最初形成于阿根廷
My idea of home was first formed in Argentina.
我妈妈来自巴塔哥尼亚 爸爸来自门多萨
My mom's from the Patagonia, my dad's from Mendoza.
我们之前住在布宜诺斯艾利斯
We lived in Buenos Aires,
我们在一栋很高大的公♥寓♥楼高层 有一套公♥寓♥
where we had an apartment on the upper level of a big high-rise.
对 这是你记忆中的第一座房♥子?
Yes, this is the first house you remember?
我印象最深刻的是
The things that stand out the most to me are the connection
连接起居室、主要生活空间 和户外阳台的部分
between our living room and our main living space and the outdoor patio.
我们院子里有几个小型地上游泳池
We had little aboveground pools that we would fill up on our courtyard.
我们在游泳池里度过的时光非常快乐
Times we spent at the pool. It was so much fun.
在高楼林立的城市里 这是我们的小小庇护所
In this urban jungle, it was our little sanctuary.
阿古斯蒂娜总是很开心 在学校里有很多朋友
Agustina was always happy, had lots of friends from school.
我们举办过生日派对
We had birthday parties, get-together parties.
(阿古斯蒂娜之母 弗吉尼娅罗德里格斯)
联欢聚会,我们很喜欢社交
Very socially active.
这是你 当然了
This is you, of course.
后来我丈夫被一家石油公♥司♥雇佣了
But then, my husband, he got a position with an oil company,
我们搬到了休斯敦
and we moved to Houston.
我们刚搬到休斯敦时 我很想念阿根廷
I missed Argentina when we first came to Houston.
我记得因为语言不通 我感到了巨大的文化差异
I remember feeling culture shock for not speaking the language
记得那种不知道周围发生了什么的感觉
and the feeling of not understanding what's going on.
我记得看着当时搬去的居民区
And I remember looking at the neighborhood where we moved
心想:“这里的一切都好丑”
and I was like, "Everything's ugly."
我迫不及待地想搬走 所以我17岁时就搬去了奥斯汀
I couldn't wait to get out of there. So I left and moved to Austin when I was 17.
后来我决定当一名建筑师
And then I decided to become an architect.
我上学时不知道 建筑师将会面对什么样的挑战
I don't know that I knew, going into school, what I was in for.
我感觉和我一起读研究生的很多同学
I felt like a lot of the people that I was going to graduate school with
都有强得多的教育背景
had a much better education.
我发现我总是要克服 觉得自己做得不够好的想法
I found myself constantly having to overcome impostor syndrome
才能完成课程或是读完一个学期
just to get through my classes or to get through a semester.
但同时 在学术环境里
But at the same time, in an academic setting,
他们不会教学生如何用感觉去设计
it's like you're not taught how to design with feeling
或是为了独特的体验去设计
or for a unique experience, necessarily.
在这里生活很不同寻常
Living it is very different.
住在这座房♥子里 对我的设计方式绝对产生了影响
Living in this house has definitely impacted the way I design.
把一个能成为人们热议话题的东西
The idea of taking what was gonna be a big icebreaker point
放在这个陡崖的边缘
out over the edge of the bluff here
做成一个不含氯的游泳池
and making a chlorine-free swimming pool,
这都是阿古斯蒂娜的主意
that all came from Agustina.
这将是一个混凝土平台
This was actually going to be a concrete deck,
就像一根混凝土菲勒斯插入树林中
just, like, a concrete phallus sticking out into the woods.
似乎有些气势汹汹、极度男性化
And it seemed a little bit aggressive and hypermasculine.
水这种元素 在传统上可以用来作为一种媒介
Water's an element that traditionally you can use as a medium
让很多东西丧失物质形态
to sort of dematerialize things.
我认为那正是这里缺少的
And I think that was the missing piece.
关键是要抓住家的感觉
It was very much trying to capture that feeling of home.
我要重新制♥造♥这种感觉 这段院子中的记忆
How do I re-create this feeling, this memory of that courtyard space
我们享受游泳池的时光
where we would enjoy poolside time.
现在家中几代人
And the whole family throughout all the generations
都会聚集到这里来烧烤
just gather here now for barbecues,
我们有了新版本的游泳池
and we kind of have our new version of the pool.
在我的事业初期 我与自然的互动远不及现在这么多
When I was starting out my career, I got a lot less involved with nature.
我和我的家人在爱荷华州
There wasn't much more economic opportunity
赚钱的机会不多
for me or for my family in Iowa.
我找了很久 终于找到了奥斯汀
Through a long process, I ended up finding Austin.
这里是个大学城 可以过大城市生活
And it was like, "Here's a college town where you can make a big-city living."
我很喜欢
Sign me up.
于是开始了普通的成年人生活
Kind of started having a pretty conventional adult life.
但我的工作太忙了
剧集 | 家园(2020) | 导航列表