剧集 | 家园(2020) | 导航列表
香港人习惯了生活在狭小的空间里
People in Hong Kong are used to living in small spaces.
但我学会了适应
But I have learned to adapt.
城市总是在改变
The city is always transforming.
我总是在改变
I am always transforming.
所以我把我的家…
And so I have made my home
也做成了可以改变的家
transform as well.
我称之为“国产变形屋”
I call my home the Domestic Transformer.
它的正式面♥积♥是32平方米
Officially, it is 344 square feet.
但对我来说
But for me
空间是无限的
it is infinite.
我总是去质疑人们眼中家的概念
I always challenge people's conception of a home
因为我的家
because my home is not about
并不是一系列房♥间
a collection of rooms.
我的家
My home is organized around
是围绕每天必须要做
little things that you have to do every day
或喜欢做的小事而构建的
and you treasure or enjoy,
比如在所谓的厨房♥里做咖啡
like making coffee in the so-called kitchen,
(房♥主、设计师兼建筑师 张智强)
虽然以普通标准来看 它并不像个厨房♥
even though it doesn't look quite like a kitchen in the normal sense.
我家中最不寻常的特点之一
One of the most unusual features in my home is
就是每个生活空间的面♥积♥
the area of each amenity could vary
可以根据我要做什么和我的需要而改变
depending on what I do, what I need.
世界上有很多地方 仍然以房♥间的多少来定义一个家
A lot of places still define a home by how many rooms you've got.
如果还总是盯着这种定义不放 那就太狭隘了
If you are still stuck on this definition, it's just really limiting.
只要你住在市中心
As long as you are in a city center,
无论是伦敦、纽约还是香港
from London, New York, or Hong Kong,
你就一定会意识到自己的家越来越小
you're bound to realize that your home is getting smaller and smaller.
出于这个原因 我想探索狭小居住空间积极的一面
That's why I want to explore the positive effect of compact living.
(香港 国产变形屋)
每时每刻我都在利用家里的全部空间
Every moment I'm using the entire space.
我不会只用到一个房♥间
I don't utilize just one room only.
其结果就是 我的家感觉比它真正的面♥积♥大得多
As a result my home feels much bigger than it should.
张智强是香港建筑师的典范
Gary Chang is the quintessential Hong Kong architect.
(迈阿密设计展展会主管 陈伯康)
并不是他的作品很典型
Not in the sense that his work is typical, by any means...
而是说他的出身
but more in terms of his story.
他在香港出生、长大、学习
He was born, raised and trained in Hong Kong,
我认为这些可以从他的作品中看出来
and I think you see that in his work.
他在这里的学习 给了他一个非常特殊的设计视角
The fact that he was trained here gives him a very special perspective
滋养了他的想象力
for designing, for really nurturing his own imagination.
香港一直是他看世界的窗口
Hong Kong has always been his lens.
作为一个特别行政区
As a city state,
香港是全世界最人口密度高的城市之一
Hong Kong certainly has one of the highest urban densities in the world.
(建筑师兼城市规划、设计师 彼得库克森史密斯博士)
今天 香港的总人口是七百三十五万
The total population of Hong Kong now is 7.35 million people.
这是个奇怪的城市
And it's a strange city to describe,
因为令人有一种很强烈的拥挤感
because you get a great feeling of overcrowdedness.
整座城市是一个复杂的网络
The entire city is a complex network
以自己的节奏运作
that moves at a pace of its own.
你可以停下脚步 让城市围着你转
You can stand still and let the city move around you.
因为香港的空间拥挤 且住房♥通常很小
Because space is so tight in Hong Kong, and because homes are generally so small,
城市便成了所有人的起居室
the city becomes everyone's living room.
可以说这有一种美好、文明
And in some ways, there's something wonderfully almost civic
或是说民♥主♥的感觉
or democratic about that.
公共场所确实成了人们共享的空间
The public realm does become a shared space,
我认为这是香港充满活力的主要原因
and I think that contributes a lot to the dynamism of Hong Kong.
街上总是车水马龙
The streets are always packed,
然而我们自有办法和谐共存、生活度日
and yet somehow we all manage to get along and make it work.
其实香港岛只有24%的面♥积♥建有房♥屋
Only 24% of Hong Kong island is actually built on.
人们居住、工作的地方都在这24%里
The places we live, the places we work are all fitted into that 24%.
这里的人们住在小到不可思议的空间里
You inhabit the most unlikely spaces here
因为这是人们的唯一选择
because it is the only space you can go.
张智强不是一名疯狂建筑师
Gary is not a delirious architect.
可以说他恰恰相反
He is, in a way, the opposite.
(香港知专设计学院院长 卢林)
他欣赏疯狂
He appreciates delirium.
他喜欢身边一切疯狂的东西
He likes all the madness that goes around him.
这是他创作的动力
And that gives him energy to create his work.
(边缘设计学院有限公♥司♥)
我的公♥司♥边缘已经有25年历史了
My office EDGE has been around for 25 years.
(《JET》杂♥志♥2006年10月 奥多比创意英雄)
(箱宅 张智强 2004年亚洲最具影响力设计大奖)
(2000年亚太室区内设计奖)
办公室是我和同事的实验室
My office is really a laboratory for me and my colleagues to explore
用来探索变形屋和狭小居住空间的理念
the notion of flexible home and compact living.
张智强是一名非常独特的香港建筑师
Gary is a very unique Hong Kong architect.
我的意思是他有种非常务实的品质
And by that, I mean he has in him a very pragmatic streak.
张智强接受一个特定的框架和秩序
Gary accepts a certain framework, certain order:
城市的密度和香港的秩序
the urban density and order of Hong Kong.
在这个框架之内
And in working within this framework,
他的作品非常具有想象力 很梦幻
he does completely imaginative and dreaming things.
我从事建筑这个行业完全不是出于偶然
To me, getting involved in architecture is totally not accidental.
我在上学之前已经学习建筑很久了
I have been studying architecture long before school.
是我的家让我成了一名建筑师
My home molded me to become an architect.
我家40年前搬进了这套公♥寓♥
My family moved to this apartment 40 years ago,
当时的样子不是这样
but it didn't look like this.
那是1976年
It was the year 1976.
我们不是房♥主
We didn't own it.
我们是租客
We rent the space only.
这里曾经有个厨房♥和洗手间
There used to be a kitchen and bathroom here
还有一、二、三个卧室
and one, two, three bedrooms.
一个是我妹妹们的
The one for my young sisters,
一个是我父母的
my parents' room,
然后还有第三间房♥
and then we had the third room.
我父母没什么钱
My parents were rather poor
为了赚钱工作非常努力
and striving very hard to earn money.
所以公♥寓♥里的第三个房♥间
And so the third bedroom in our apartment
我父母分租给了一个外人
my parents sublet to an outsider.
这地方一共住了七个人
All together it's seven people in the same place.
所以我没有自己的房♥间
So I don't have my own room.
我的床放在起居室里
My bed is actually in the living room.
每天晚上 我必须把1.8米的长椅
Every night, I had to transform a six-foot long bench
变成我临时的床
into my temporary bed.
我必须等所有人都睡下了
I had to wait for everyone else to go to bed
我才能睡
before I was able to.
我认为没有长♥期♥的床位 对我当时的生活方式绝对有影响
I definitely think not having a permanent bed affected my way of life at the time.
我不想抱怨
I didn't want to complain,
但我所谓的房♥间完全没有房♥间的样子
but my so-called room, it doesn't entirely look like a bedroom
因为它是我家的起居室
because it's the living room of the family.
我认为这让我看待空间的方式
And I think this really changed me a lot
改变了很多
in how I perceive a space.
我的很多朋友总是问我 为什么有一张折叠床
A lot of my friends always question why I have this Murphy bed.
也许是因为我从小就在练习如何整理床铺
Maybe because I have been practicing making my bed since childhood
这没什么大不了的
this is no big deal.
我有这方面的记忆 不过当时我太小了 记忆很模糊
I have this memory, but I was very young at the time, so it's kind of blurry.
我父亲开始在俄勒冈州工作
My father began working in Oregon
后来逐渐大部分时间住在了波士顿
and then gradually spending most of the time in Boston
累计时间超过七年
for, cumulatively, more than seven years.
我的家庭需要我来供养
My family needed me to support them.
所以我每个月都往香港汇款
So I sent them money back to Hong Kong every month.
大约700美金
Around 700 U.S. dollars.
还有额外100美金给我父母
Plus 100 dollars for my parents.
(张智强之父 张山姆)
所以我自己的钱不多
So actually I didn't have much for my own.
父亲不在身边 我们所有人的生活很难
Not having my father around was hard for all of us.
对家庭关系绝对有影响
It definitely changed the family dynamic.
我的母亲
My mother,
她必须一个人同时肩负起
she had to behave both as a mother
母亲和父亲的双重责任
and function also as a father.
我记得我们的童年基本上全都是在学习
I still remember our childhood as pretty much focused on studying.
结果就是我们都很安静
As a result, we are extremely quiet
很乖
and obedient.
我们几乎没有时间
We had very, very little time
去玩耍
to play.
还记得小学或初中的时候吗?
You remember when you're in primary school or secondary school?
剧集 | 家园(2020) | 导航列表