剧集 | 家园(2020) | 导航列表
-两周 -对 18天后出发
-Two weeks. -Yeah. Eighteen days.
-比两周稍久一点 -是
-A little over two weeks. -Yeah.
现在进度如何?
Where we at?
这是最终的压力测试
This is gonna be, like, the ultimate stress test.
(图标公♥司♥软件主管 杰森福特)
墨西哥的偏远地区
Out in a remote region in Mexico that's, you know,
-距离这里要乘12小时飞机 -对
-12 hours of flights away from here. -Yeah.
如果我们可以想办法搞定此事
If we can figure out how to do this and do it well,
-那就能把打印机运到任何地方 -是
-we can take the printer anywhere. -Yeah. Yeah.
-对 -好 大家去收拾行李吧
-Yeah. -All right. Everybody pack your bags.
-好 -对 准备出发
-Yeah. -Yeah. Here we go.
这是一种召唤 召唤人们来解决这个问题
This is a kind of calling, to work on this problem.
我很小的时候 我儿时的家被一场飓风摧毁了
At a very young age, my childhood home was destroyed by a hurricane.
我曾走在一片狼藉的社区
I've walked into a devastated community
人们不知该住在何处 承受了巨大的压力
where people don't know where they're gonna live and the stress that induces
包括我爱的人
in people that I love.
虽然这和人们在墨西哥面对的问题不同
It's not exactly the kind of issues that people are dealing with in Mexico
也和其他发展中地区不同 但差不多
and other parts of the developing world, but it's close.
我们不能在夜间开车
We can't drive at night.
它会剥夺我们的人性
It strips you of your humanity.
所以我想:“天啊 如果想做出重大改变
And so it was like, "Holy cow. If I want to move the needle,
我一定要去建房♥子”
I need to be working on houses."
所有人都应该有房♥子住 没得商量
Housing should be available to everyone, full stop.
我是说…
I mean, like...
我希望余生可以一直做这样的事
I hope I get to do that kind of stuff the rest of my life.
(2019年7月29日 3D打印机装箱)
假设我们已经解决了所有的技术难题
Assuming we've solved all the technological challenges necessary
可以造出这个社区
to deliver this community,
但之后还有更多困难
it doesn't end there.
我们要驾车穿越国界
We've got a cross-country road trip.
谁也无法确定穿越边境线要用多长时间
No one on earth can guarantee us how long it's gonna take us to cross the border.
理论上也许驾车两天就够了
On paper, you could maybe drive it in a couple days.
但所有人都告诉我们说
But what we've been told by everyone we would talk to is
最好在天黑前找个安全的地方停下、上锁
you kind of want to get to a safe spot before dark and then lock it up
然后第二天再继续赶路
and then get up and go the next morning.
所以我必须知道自己已经竭尽所能
So you kind of just gotta know that you've done your best
相信我的团队 相信我可以解决 整个过程中出现的任何问题
and trust that your team and you can solve whatever problems arise along the way.
奥斯汀离纳卡胡卡还很远
Austin's still a long way from Nacajuca.
感觉上很远 实际也确实很远
Literally and metaphorically.
这就像个篱笆
It's kind of like a fence.
很简单 你可以的
Simple. You can do it.
如果我的孩子居住在安全的地方
If my children live in a safe place,
不必担心被雨水浸泡什么的
without having to worry about the rain flooding everything...
我就会感觉轻松一些
I would feel a bit more relaxed.
然后要画另一条线吗?
And then, do I draw the other line?
是 这样…
Yes, well--
在这里画一扇门
And here you draw a door.
好
Yes.
这边画个窗户和一个房♥顶
And over here goes a window and a roof.
如果我有个房♥子
If I had a house,
我就可以把精力 集中在孩子们的教育和健康上
I'd be able to focus on my kids' education, their health,
给他们买♥♥衣服
buying them clothing
无需等陌生人行善
without having to wait for strangers to open their hearts
却只是给我们一双拖鞋
just to give us a pair of flip-flops.
一个家对我来说
A home for me would be
就是一切
everything.
(2019年8月 3D打印施工现场)
我们是夏季末来到这里的 我们派出了一支先遣队
We came down here in late summer. We sent, like, an advanced team.
来准备场地和所有的设备
We prepped the site and got all the equipment ready to go.
一到秋天我们就开始打印了
We began printing right at the beginning of the fall,
恰好赶在了雨季的开始
which happened to coincide perfectly with the beginning of rainy season.
所以工地完全浸水了
And so the site has been completely flooded out.
混凝土是一种性质很活跃的材料
Concrete is a very dynamic material.
尤其是我们设计的这种可延展的混凝土
Especially the kind of extrudable concrete that we've designed.
它对温度和湿度非常敏感
It is very sensitive to temperature, humidity.
我们必须时刻考虑到这些因素
We have to be aware of those things all the time.
这个材料可以使用了
This material is ready to go.
在这里 气温可以从 炽热阳光下的摄氏45度
And here, it can go from blazing sunshine, 110 degrees
在20分钟内降低到雨水中的25度
to soaking wet and 75 degrees in 20 minutes.
混凝土必须流动
The concrete has to flow.
同时必须有一定硬度
It also has to have a certain amount of stiffness.
这两者必须保持一种平衡
And those have to be kind of in proper harmony.
怎么回事?
What just happened?
要命了
Killed us.
有几次感觉这简直不可能
There were times where it felt impossible.
-你连回去了吗? -没有
-Are you back in? -No.
我也没有
Me either.
我们有不止一根管子炸裂
We have exploded more than one hose.
不止一个泵锁死
We have locked up more than one pump.
工作条件很有挑战性
And so, it's been challenging conditions to work in.
新的工具路径 新的代码 当然还有新的天气条件
New tool path, new code, new weather conditions for sure.
-是 -全都发生在过去的24小时内
-Yeah. -All in the last 24 hours.
但是团队非常优秀
But the team has just been amazing.
他们克服困难 继续打印
And they kept printing anyway.
因为这是个可以解决的问题 我们会让这个方法可行的
Because this is a solvable problem, and we are going to make this work.
我们的成员来自各行各业 有着各种不同的背景
We have people from all backgrounds and all walks of life,
但牢牢凝聚我们团队的力量 是对这项任务的承诺
but the thing that really binds our team together is a commitment to this mission,
是一定要把这些房♥子建好的承诺
a commitment to get these houses done,
是笑对困难、善处逆境的精神
and a way to kind of like laugh and make the best of it.
因为这个项目对所有人都有不同的意义
'Cause this means something to everybody.
这不仅仅是一份工作
It's not just a job.
事关人命
There are human lives at stake.
我们必须做到更好
And we have to do better.
(2019年11月12日 房♥屋完成度95%)
作为第一个3D打印社区的地方…
Of all the places to do the first 3D-printed community...
对这些家庭而言 这里将是他们的家
These families, this is what they'll know home as.
是的
That's right.
我没有那么想过
I haven't thought about it that way.
有人会在这个社区出生 有人会在这个社区死去
People will be born into this community. People will die in this community.
他们会在这个社区里庆祝婚礼 对吗?
They'll have celebrations and weddings in this community, right?
-会在房♥子里长大成人 -会在房♥子里举♥行♥迎婴派对
-Somebody's childhood home. -Baby showers in these houses.
是他们童年的家 他们长大的地方
Their childhood home, where they grow up.
房♥子会被几代人传承下去
It'll be passed down for generations.
意义非常重大
It's really significant.
我从小是在妈妈身边 在政♥府♥补贴房♥里长大的
I grew up in Section 8 housing with my mom.
她是单身母亲
She was a single mother.
一开始只有我 后来又有了个妹妹
First with just me, and then with my little sister.
我们确实拥有所需的一切
We definitely had everything that we needed,
但也有连续停电好几天的日子
but there were certainly times where the lights were off for a few days
或是取暖器打不开
or where the heat wasn't on.
政♥府♥补贴房♥意味着 无论何时他们下令 我们就必须搬走
Section 8 also meant that you had to move whenever they dictated,
所以我的童年是在搬家中度过的
and so my childhood had a lot of moving around.
所以我很清楚缺乏住房♥保障的下游效应
So it became clear to me the downstream effects
几乎对生活中的方方面面都有影响
that a lack of housing security had on almost every aspect of life.
这是个重大的责任
This is a big responsibility,
但这也是个巨大的机遇
but it's also this massive opportunity
可以为成千上万的家庭提供稳定的生活
to provide stability for thousands of families.
(2019年11月14日 家庭住房♥介绍会)
大家好 你们好吗?
Hi, everyone! How are you all feeling?
很好
Good!
现在我们正在打印社区里的最后几排住房♥
So, right now we're printing the last few rows of the first houses in the community.
(新物语基金会特殊项目合伙人 珍娜海德坎普)
能带大家看各自的新家 我们感到非常兴奋
And we're so, so, so excited to show you all your houses.
基本上 每座房♥子有104个层次
Basically, each house consists of 104 layers.
每个层次都是混凝土做的
Each one is built from concrete.
房♥子非常安全
And it's safe, very safe.
这基本上只是房♥子的框架
This is basically just the footprint of the house.
我们很快便会安装门、窗、房♥顶
And soon, we'll install the doors, windows, roofs,
当然还有房♥檐
and also the eaves for the house.
几分钟后 在最后几个层次打印完毕后
And in a few minutes, after the last few layers print,
每个家庭都可以走进房♥子里去看
each family will be able to walk through the houses.
你们可以想象一下
You can all imagine
该如何去利用这些优质的空间
how you're going to use these incredible spaces.
剧集 | 家园(2020) | 导航列表