剧集 | 家园(2020) | 导航列表
It's like a symphony of how things come together.
我们希望生活在这样的环境里 来帮助我们理解 生活就是一件艺术品
We wanted to have this backdrop
for understanding your life as a piece of art.
家和身边的一切都是艺术品
And your house as a piece of art and the things you surround yourself with.
我们用了很多时间 才收集到所有我们喜爱的物件
It took us a long time to collect all the things that we love.
我们非常希望能与其他人分享
And we really wanted to be able to share that with other people.
这个屋子的能源利用率对我们来说很重要
The efficiency of this building was important for us,
我们可以使用少量资源便可以取暖
to be able to stay warm and to use a small amount of resources to heat it.
我将煤烟屋设计成 可以充分利用木材取暖的房♥屋
I designed the Soot House to be optimized for wood heat.
我们有一个利用对流原理运作的木柴炉
And so we have a woodstove that works on convection.
空气沿着地板流动
The air passes along the floor
然后沉入厨房♥里冰冷的水槽中
and then it sinks into the cold sink of the kitchen.
木柴炉就在那里
That's where the woodstove is.
木柴炉再把这些冷空气加热
The woodstove then heats up all that cold air.
冷空气上升 来到阁楼的地板处
That cold air rises, hits the loft floor,
穿过地板的底部 充满整个空间
passes cross the bottom of the floor, fills the space,
然后空气继续上升到阁楼的空间里
then air rises into the vaulted space.
关键在于后侧的山墙
Key here is that at the back gable,
阁楼的地板上有一个格栅 和整个地板一样长
the floor of the loft has a grate that runs across the whole length of it.
所以地板之间有缝隙
So, there's space in between the floorboards,
然后冷空气再下沉
so the air then is pulled down.
空气继续这种被动的对流循环
And then the air just continues in this passive convection loop,
一个温柔、缓慢的热源便可以让对流形成
a gentle, slow heat that allows the convection to happen.
给房♥子取暖 一年大约要用1.8立方米的木柴
I use about a half a cord a year to heat the house.
全年的温度都可以保持在20多摄氏度
Keeps it in the 70s, no problem, all year round.
整个冬季
Like, all winter.
即使是最冷的天气也一样
Can be the coldest day.
楼上和楼下的温度相差摄氏1度之内
The upstairs stays within two degrees of downstairs.
我认为安东尼与众不同
I think Anthony is pretty unusual.
他非常有耐心
He has a real patience.
他把一切都考虑得很周全
He's very thoughtful about everything.
我认为那是他对这座房♥子喜爱的一部分
And I think that was part of his thing with this house.
他说:“我要造一座房♥子
He's like, "I'm gonna build a house,
每一个决定都要经过深思熟虑
and I'm gonna make every single decision very thoughtfully
这样我们便可以按想要的方式来生活”
so we can live the way that we wanna live."
他打算给自己建一座最好的房♥子
He was gonna make the best house for him
同时又尊重当时的环境
that was respectful of its time and place.
看着这座房♥子 人们会想:“是
You look at it, and you can see, "Oh, yes,
看起来像是受到了日本的影响”
that looks like it's influenced by something Japanese."
或是认为 “看起来很像美国殖民时期的风格”
Or you can look at it and be like, "That looks pretty much American colonial."
两者的风格没有太大区别 其背后的价值观也没有
The aesthetic is not that different, nor the values that underlie the aesthetic.
我感觉对他们而言 那座房♥子就是他们家庭的一部分
I feel like that house for them is part of their family.
我们在建房♥子时我已经怀上了迪奥戈
When we built this house, we were pregnant with Diogo.
我当时怀着九个月的身孕 往浴缸里砌混凝土
I was nine months pregnant and putting the concrete in the bathtub,
我想:“如果我们需要这个浴缸 那我一定要把它做完”
being like, "If we need this bathtub, I'm gonna finish it."
当时房♥子还没有完全建好 但我要在这里生宝宝
The house was not totally finished, but I was gonna have my baby here
谁都无法阻拦我
and nobody was gonna get in my way.
于是我们快速将这里打造成了家园
And so we very quickly made this house into a home.
我们知道要有孩子了 所以压力倍增
We knew we were having a kid, so it was, like, the pressure was on.
我必须把这个地方建完
I had to get this place done.
我们做了很多工作 但是做得很快
We did a lot, but we did it all pretty quick.
如果有一样东西能够揭示
If one thing brings to light
我们生活中的物品含有多少有害物质
the toxicity of the things that we use in our lives,
那就是世人皆知的物品清单
it's universal that pregnant women are presented with a list of things
上面都是孕妇不该接触的东西
that they should not come in contact with.
我觉得很多人都会第一次发现
And I think for a lot of people, that's the first time that they're like,
“原来这个不能碰 这些产品不能接触”
"Oh, this isn't okay. These products are not okay."
我认为如果所有人都在怀孕时去建房♥子
And I think if everybody built a house while they were pregnant,
那很多房♥子里的有害物质 都会比现在要少得多
then I think a lot of the homes would be a lot less toxic than they are.
人们对很多建材也会多去思考一些
And a lot of the materials would be thought about a lot more.
我认为是这个原因 造就了我现在做东西的方式
And so, I think that is why I make things the way that I do now.
我开办了一个服装品牌 全部采用植物染料
I started a clothing line that is all plant-dyed.
只用有机布料
I use only organic fabrics.
在我们生活的世界中 这些应该是理所应当的
In the world that we live in now, those should be a given.
服装就应该用这种方式生产
This is the way clothing should be made.
如果我不用这种方法
And if I'm not gonna do it this way,
那它就不会改变时尚与纺织业的步调
then it's not gonna change the pace of fashion and textiles.
我们是来做出改变的 要用不同的方式制♥造♥东西
We're here to change things. We're here to make things different.
就像我们一起建造煤烟屋一样
Just like when we built the Soot House together,
我觉得朱莉对于她服装品牌的专注 也抱有同样的理念
I think Julie's focus within her clothing line is a product with that same idea:
即为人们提供对环境没有伤害
to provide clothing that is environmentally sustainable,
使用古老工艺、天然原材料制♥作♥的服装
with age-old techniques made of natural materials.
(鲁迪裘德)
你能教我吗?
Can you teach me that one?
-让它发光吧 -不 “在月光下”
-Oh, let it shine. -No, "in the moonlight."
这里的生活比较艰苦 因为气候不好
Living around here, it's not a forgiving climate.
这里的春季基本上就是冬季
Spring is basically the winter here.
在缅因州 一年四季是很紧张的
A year in Maine is a really intense thing.
度过冬季就可以享受美好的夏季
And to get through the winter, you get the reward of this amazing summer.
如果无法度过冬季就享受不到了
But if you don't make it through the winter, you're not gonna get that.
这个怎么…
What about this...
想要的东西必须靠努力来创造
You gotta make it what you want it to be.
不去努力争取的话 人只会堕落下去
Without your energy put into it, you'll just kind of fade away.
我觉得来自缅因州的人都很顽强 他们的理念是
I think there is a hardiness to people who come from Maine,
where you're like,
“我必须体验所有的艰难困苦 才能享受美好的生活”
"I gotta feel it all, and I've gotta feel the hard stuff to get to the good stuff."
也许这就是缅因人的心态
Maybe it's the Mainer perspective of like,
“我们成功了 虽然很艰难 但是我们很享受努力的过程”
"We did it, and it was hard, but we had so much fun doing it."
准备好了吗?
-Ready? -Mm-hmm.
我们必须开辟自己的道路
Kinda have to forge your own path.
找到通往世界的道路
Figure out a way to get yourself out to the world.
就我而言 我在缅因州时感觉自己最有创造力
But, for me, I feel my most creative when I'm in Maine.
住在缅因州 我们凝聚在了一起 感觉像一家人
Being in Maine is the place for us to just all come together and feel like a family.
缅因州就是这样的地方 是我们的家
That's kind of the place, you know. This is it.
很自然地便融入其中 因为这里非常宁静
It's just like you kind of slip right into it because it's so peaceful.
我们并非被困于此
It's not like we're stuck here.
我们选择住在这里
We chose to be here.
我们喜爱这里 这是我们深知的
And we love it, and so we really-- you know, we're conscious of that.
我和安东尼谈过很多次 今后有了宝宝会怎么样
Anthony and I had talked a lot
about what it was gonna be like to have babies
以及我们要在哪里抚养宝宝
and where we were gonna have babies.
我们希望养育宝宝 对我们两人都是一次特殊的体验
We wanted it to be special for both of us.
两个男孩都是在洗手间出生的
Both the boys were born in the bathroom.
那是房♥子里最温暖、最小的房♥间
It's the coziest, smallest of the rooms in the house.
我一直知道自己想在家里生孩子
I always knew that I wanted to have my kids at home.
我就是在家里出生的 那房♥子是我爸爸造的
I was born at home in the house that my dad built.
迪奥戈出生时已经是预产期之后的第15天
Diogo ended up being born on the 15th day past his due date.
分娩过程很长、很艰难
I had a really long labor with him, and it was really hard.
一共用了三天时间
It took three days from the start to the end of it.
安东尼接住了他
Anthony caught him.
我抬起头看了一会儿
I look up just for a moment.
我有一种感觉
And I just have this feeling like,
“我们住在这里 这是我们的家庭”
"We're here. This is our family."
这是我们的小窝
This is our little cave.
我们在自己建造的房♥子里成为了父母
We stepped into parenting in a space that we had made.
这种体验非常不同、非常奇妙
It was a totally different and amazing experience
走进洗手间便会想起 “我们的孩子是在这里出生的”
to be able to walk into our bathroom, be like, "Our boys were born here."
走进楼上的卧室
And to walk upstairs to our bedroom
心里知道这里是我们作为一家人 度过的头几个夜晚
and know that we spent our first nights as a family here.
这座房♥子现在有了灵魂 因为它诞生了新生命
The house has a soul now because it's given life.
它承载了所有这些体验
It's housed all of these experiences.
我觉得只要走进这里就能感觉到
I think you can feel it when you walk in here
这么短的时间里发生了这么多事
that all of these things have happened in this really short amount of time.
这里不会感觉到寒冷 不会感觉到…没有人居住
It doesn't feel cold in here. It doesn't feel... un-lived in.
这是个非常美好的体验
It was just a beautiful, beautiful experience.
是这种体验让这座房♥子…
That alone made this family compound...
变成了我们的家
what it is.
这些时光是我生命中最快乐的日子
Happiest days of my life at these times.
至于未来
What's coming in the future is
我们人口很多 房♥子很小
we're a lot of bodies in a very small house,
所以我们决定建个更大的家
so we have decided that we want to build a bigger home.
地是我们两年前买♥♥的
We bought our land two years ago,
我们一直在等待合适的时机来开始建造
剧集 | 家园(2020) | 导航列表