剧集 | 家园(2020) | 导航列表
And I'm not that.
我很小的时候就知道了
I think very early on I recognized
我与当地人不同 我有多种不同文化背景
that I was separate and different and kind of a mix of cultures.
但我对世界的欣赏以及我的才华
But so much of the appreciation I have for the world
真的感觉有很大一部分都来源于巴厘
and any talent that I have really feels so much that it came from Bali
来源于在这里长大
and from getting the chance to be raised here.
所以我感觉我从巴厘有所收获 我必须做出回报
And so I feel like I got something out of it that I have to give back.
我必须对我的童年做出回报
Like, I needed to earn my childhood here.
我必须将童年的所得转变成有用的东西
I had to translate it somehow and turn it into something.
为了做到这一点 我知道我必须走向世界
And to do that, I knew that I needed to be out in the world.
我知道我必须展翅高飞
I knew I needed to be, I don't know, growing wings.
(地铁)
拿到艺术学位之后 我非常迷茫
So after finishing my fine arts degree, I was really at a loss
想弄清楚接下来该做什么
trying to figure out what to do next.
我知道纽约是大量创意的中心 非常有活力
And I knew that New York was the center of a lot of creativity and a lot of energy
可能有些可怕 但令人兴奋 值得一试
and scary, probably, but exciting and worth giving a shot.
值得去一试身手
Worth trying.
我们刚在一起时 在纽约…
So, New York, in our early days together,
(伊劳拉之夫 拉吉夫阿♥拉♥普拉卡)
…伊劳拉在时尚界工作 给唐纳卡兰打工
Elora was working in fashion for Donna Karan.
(第七大道 时尚街)
我认为让她在最高端的设计界 经历一下考验
And I think it was really important for her to be tested
是非常重要的
in the highest forms of design.
我的一个重要时刻是接到了一通电♥话♥
A big moment for me was when I got a call
因为唐纳改变了主意
because Donna had decided that she'd had a change of heart
要更改服装上的印花和样式
about the prints and patterns for the collection
当时距离时装表演只有两、三周时间了
about two or three weeks before the runway show.
她知道我会画画
And she knew that I could paint,
于是创意总监给我打电♥话♥说 “你能在布料上作画吗?”
and so the creative director called me and said, "Can you paint on fabric?"
我说:“当然”
And I said, "Of course."
然后我去了布料印染店
So I went to the fabric paint store
问他们如何在布料上作画
and asked them how to paint on fabric.
我对伊劳拉到底有多优秀真的是一无所知
I had really no idea how good Elora really was.
她突然就开始挥舞双手 艺术作品横空出世
All of a sudden her arms started to go and art started to fly,
她真的很厉害
and she was brilliant.
我认为她这样大胆去创作的人 就是真正的艺术家
And that's what I think a true artist is, somebody who just goes for it.
看到我亲手制♥作♥的东西在T台上展示
It was so wonderful seeing things that I'd made with my own hands
在摄影作品中展示 这种感觉真好
go down a runway, show up in photographs.
我做的衣服还会挂在商店里 我能亲手摸到
Be hanging in a store and I could touch it there.
令人很有成就感 我得以用创意来制♥作♥
That was really empowering, being able to creatively make something
真正存在于世上的东西
that then also existed in the world.
我立刻意识到 唐纳对待服装
I immediately recognized the way that Donna drapes
就像一种对形体的塑造 充满了感情
as being like a sculptural and emotional activity.
她的服装设计很有空间感 她是在塑造一种形体
She was working in space, she was sculpting a form,
同时赋予其一种感觉
and it was also tied in to feeling, right?
她会把一块布料裹在自己身上
She'd wrap a piece of fabric around herself
布料自然地下垂 再加上其纹理
and the way that fabric would fall and the texture of it
会形成一个空间
would create a space...
这个空间会让她有某种感受
that would make her feel a certain way
就好像她在制♥作♥ 另一层属于自己身体的东西
and that was very much like making another layer of her body.
在设计和建造沙玛泉的过程中
And in designing and building Sharma Springs
我在规划墙壁应该建在哪里时
and planning how the walls should be,
我想到了唐纳往自己身上裹布料的样子
I thought about Donna wrapping fabrics around her.
什么样的形状穿在身上才舒服
What shape feels good around the human body.
要找到感觉流畅的自然曲线
Finding a natural curve that feels like a good flow.
很显然 对我来说 曲线构成的空间
It seems so obvious to me that we feel at home
让我们有家的感觉
in spaces that are curving.
对我来说 沙玛泉的关键在于
For me Sharma Springs is about reconnecting
与自然形体和建材重新建立关联
to natural forms and materials.
我们周围都是有机的形状
There are organic shapes all around us.
没有空间留给正方形、长方形或直角
So there's no place for squares or rectangles or right angles.
当我们想寻找建筑中
And so a question that comes up so much
正确的曲线、正确的形状或正确的层次时
when we're trying to find the right curve or the right shape
常常会面对一个问题 “大自然会把它做成什么样?”
or the right level within a building is "What would nature do?"
巴厘文化对竹子的使用
The Balinese culture has a very clear understanding and history
有非常明确的理解和历史
of how bamboo can be used.
(国家伙伴关系战略)
我们一生都和竹子打交道
We are bamboo people.
出生时 他们切断婴儿的脐带…
From birth, when they cut your umbilical cord,
(环境科学家兼竹子专家 阿里夫拉比克)
…用的就是一块打磨锋利的竹子
this is cut with a piece of bamboo that is sharpened.
去世时 他们会在遗体左手中放一块黄竹
And when you die, they put a yellow bamboo in your left hand
这样人到了来生便可以种下竹子
so that when you go into the afterlife you can plant a bamboo
竹子可以带来财富
and that will give you prosperity.
所以在当地文化中 竹子得到了大量体现与理解
So there's a lot of cultural identity and understanding of bamboo,
但竹子依然伴随着很多耻辱
but bamboo still has many stigmas on it.
人们认为它是穷♥人♥的木材、临时木材
As a poor man's timber, as a temporary timber,
认为它会被虫子蛀、会被真菌侵蚀
as something that would get eaten by the bugs, attacked by fungus,
在室外因为紫外线、雨水等原因 无法经久耐用
wouldn't last long outside because of UV, water, et cetera.
所以我们才会努力去改变这种固有想法
So that's why we are working hard to change the mind-set.
我们和不同地区的农夫交谈
We talk to farmers in different areas,
我们鼓励他们 在自己的院子里、土地上种植竹子
and we encourage them to grow bamboo in their yards, in their land.
因为竹子生长很快 可以解决环境问题
Because bamboo can grow so quick, it become the answer for the environment
帮助当地人
but also the people,
然后我们与农夫们有了生意往来
and then we have business with them.
他们见证了我们能用竹子建出什么来
And they witness what we can do with bamboo.
如果砍伐方式不对
If you don't harvest it right,
如果处理方式不对
and if you don't do the treatment right,
竹子便无法经久耐用
it will not last long.
这些都是一般人的做法
That's what common people do.
但经过精心处理的竹子
But with well-treated bamboo,
如果可以得到正确的设计和施工
if you can design it right, construct it right...
是可以使用很长时间的
it will last very long time.
这些都是未来任何涉及竹子的行业中
All of this is really a very important foundation
非常重要的基础
to any future bamboo industry.
但因为人们认为竹子是穷♥人♥的木材
But because bamboo is seen as the poor man's timber,
如果我们想在未来将竹子大量用作一种
if we want to actualize bamboo as a sustainable timber of the future
环保建材
in a major way...
我们必须创造一个漂亮的样本 来展示竹子的利用价值
we need to create beautiful examples of how bamboo can be utilized...
从而鼓励竹子未来的使用
to inspire the future use of bamboo.
我们必须去鼓励人们
We need to inspire.
如果我造的东西将成为一个故事的一部分
If you're gonna make something, it's part of a story.
而那是一个比我生命长得多的故事
It's part of a much longer story
早在我接触这种建材之前就已经开始了
that started before you came in contact with the materials,
在我死后也将长久地流传下去
and will continue long after.
作为一名制♥造♥者 在纽约的某个时刻 我意识到
And at some point in New York, as someone who makes things,
将这个故事延续下去的重要性
I recognized the significance of the continuum of that.
她知道她在时尚界的工作
She knew that the work she was doing in fashion
得到了人们的关注 登上了大型杂♥志♥
was getting attention, that it was on big magazines.
她知道那是个很了不起的事
And she knew that it was the impressive thing,
是那个职位的人梦寐以求的工作
the right thing as far as what somebody in that position would want.
但是这份工作并没有引起她想要的共鸣
But it didn't really resonate with her as well as it might have.
我后来明白了时尚的季节性
I really came to understand the seasonality of fashion
这种季节性导致了一种可抛弃性
and what that seasonality results in, which is this sort of disposability.
如果一件衬衫在那个季节感觉很合适
If a shirt just feels right for that season,
之后就会过时
and then it's done with.
这种感觉深入了我的心中 令我十分困扰
It stuck inside me, and I think it bugged me a lot:
即我做的工作 最后却产生了广泛的负面效应
The fact that what you're doing ends up having a bad ripple effect.
我不知道自己该做什么
And so I had no idea what to do.
我开始了探索
I was searching.
但我知道单纯的逃避是不行的
But I knew that it wasn't gonna be okay to just run away from something,
我必须有新的目标
that I needed to have something to run towards.
结果我发现我的目标就在故乡
And what I found turned out to be back home.
我爸爸和继母 成立了一所接纳全世界儿童的学校
My dad and stepmom had founded a school for kids from all over the world,
叫“绿色学校”
Green School,
他们决心将学校全部用竹子建造
and taken the stand to build it entirely out of bamboo.
这是个很大胆的决心
It was an incredibly bold stand to take.
这种事之前从未有人做过
Something that had never been done before.
消息传开了:“他们在施展魔法”
The word got out that, "They're doing magic up there."
他的父亲约翰从全世界召集来合适的人选
Her father, John, pulled together all the right people from all around the world
他说:“我们来用竹子建学校”
and said, "Let's make this happen."
可以说这正是我寻找的目标
In a way, it was exactly what I was searching for.
感觉自己在做一件有益的事
It was this sense of doing something good.
剧集 | 家园(2020) | 导航列表