剧集 | 家园(2020) | 导航列表
But I was totally consumed by work.
现代生活甚至可以把最乐观的人 变成愤世嫉俗者
Experiences of modern life can turn even the most upbeat person into a cynic.
我没有意识到身边正发生什么
I didn't realize what was going on around me.
我只有一半的时间来做一名单亲老爸
And I ended up as a half-time single dad.
我走向世界 努力成为一个强大的人
You step out into the world to try to be a figure of strength,
一个别人可以依靠的人
a figure on which others can rely.
但我感觉一切即将崩塌
But I felt like everything was gonna collapse.
我在市中心租了一套公♥寓♥
And I found myself renting in a downtown apartment,
每天准备营养均衡的三餐 做午餐便当
preparing square meals, and getting lunch packed,
督促孩子做作业
and making sure homework is done.
但我认为这段生活让我严于律己 这是之前不曾有过的
But I think that grounded me much more than I maybe had been before.
为人父母对我来说是最重要的事
There's no more important role to me than being a parent.
我意识到我们从事的各种伟大事业
I realized all the grand undertakings we take on
以及我们的工作环境
and the work environment in which we exist,
它们在感情上的意义、重要性和强烈程度
they're emotionally a lot less meaningful, a lot less significant, a lot less intense
远不及那种简单、原始的 “你可能让孩子失望了
than just the simple, primal feeling that you might be letting your kid down
你必须帮孩子渡过难关”的感觉
and that you got to get 'em through it.
这迫使我更加关注雨果感兴趣的东西
It forced me to pay more attention to the things that interested Hugo.
我们开始在身边的环境寻找合适的地方
And we started looking for places right in the immediate environment around us,
想在离市区不太远的地方找
sort of within the fabric of the city and going out and just trying to explore.
我们会翻过水坝后面的篱笆
We would jump the fences behind some dam
去看看那里有什么人居住
and find out what was living back in there.
我记得和他一起找到一个很大的鹿头骨 旁边堆满了啤酒瓶
And I remember finding some big deer skull with him, buried in beer bottles.
探索很有趣
Just having fun.
那是我第一次见到这条天然河的遗迹
That's when I first saw this remnant of wild river here,
距离奥斯汀市中心大约十分钟
like ten minutes from downtown Austin.
我想:“我们应该看看河的下游有什么
And I was like, "We should go see what's up down there.
看起来很棒”
That looks kind of cool."
于是我们借来一条小船 发现了这个惊人的小湖
And so we borrowed a canoe and found this astonishing lagoon.
里面的乌龟像网球拍那么大
With these turtles the size of tennis rackets.
这让我突然明白
And it was just a revelation.
像这样的环境
The very fact that something like that could even have been allowed to exist,
竟然可以存在于极度城市化的地方
even in the most extreme urban environment.
我们都被它的美惊呆了
We were both blown away by how beautiful it was.
和我的儿子雨果一起 更是因为我的儿子雨果
Together with my son, Hugo, really because of my son, Hugo,
我发现了与自然相处的时光
I rediscovered the extent to which spending time in nature...
是我快乐的核心部分
was a really essential part of my happiness.
我想这也许是一种召唤
And so it was like, "Well, okay, maybe this is a calling to figure out
告诉我要为我和儿子 打造一个两个人的城♥堡♥
how to build a kind of fortress of solitude for two, for him and me."
但是生活充满了有趣的意外
But life is full of interesting surprises.
2008年经济萧条期间
During the recession in 2008,
(公共装置艺术 作者:阿古斯蒂娜)
我拿到了建筑学硕士学位
I graduated with a master of architecture,
但我做的市场工作更多
but I was doing more marketing,
因为当时工作机会匮乏
'cause there was really a lack of work at the time.
我遇到了柏希陈
So I came across Bercy Chen
成了边缘地带之屋市场团队的一员
and ended up on the Edgeland House marketing team.
(柏希陈工作室)
但我加入的时候 房♥子的概念已经基本确定了
But by the time I came along, the concept was pretty much developed.
绝对和我之前见过的房♥子不同
And it was definitely unlike anything I'd ever seen.
看起来就像一个不可能造出来的 研究生毕业设计
It kind of looked like a graduate school project that just wasn't meant to happen.
太奇特了
You know? It was just so far-out.
我心想:“这个客户是谁?”
I was like, "Who's the client for this?"
他会去现场勘查
So, he would basically explore the site
当时甚至连废弃的石油管道还没有挖出来
before they even excavated the retired oil pipeline.
他会向设计团队发电邮 内容经过深思熟虑 几乎像论文
And he would send the team these really thoughtful e-mails that were almost essays
谈他在现场观察到的、遇到的东西
about his observations on the site and things that he had come across.
它点燃了我心中的火花
And it did spark something in me.
这些群发的电邮 变成了只有我和他的电邮往来
And these group e-mails turned into just him and I exchanging e-mails.
那些电邮开启了一次对话
That sort of started a conversation,
“这个地方为何如此令人感兴趣?”
"What is it about this place that's so interesting?"
那次对话又开启了新的话题 我们开始讨论入口
And then that started a conversation about portals, as it were,
即如何进入这个空间 由此又引发了更深层次的对话
through which we each entered this space that then led to, kind of, deeper things.
那是我第一次看见那东西 你是在河边找到的吗?
That's the first time I've seen that. Did you find that down by the river?
对 是某种白垩纪化石
Yeah, that's some sort of... one of these Cretaceous fossils.
我们有很多共同之处 我们开始互相吸引
We had a lot in common, and we started to really like each other.
(2013年 克里斯和阿古斯蒂娜的婚礼)
我去树林里隐居
You go off to hide in the woods
心想自己会成为街道尽头的怪老头
thinking you're gonna be the weird old guy at the end of the street
却找到了真爱
and find true love.
真是意想不到
Go figure.
-这颗浣熊的牙是… -对
-This raccoon molar is... -Yeah.
这座房♥子成了一种不可思议的合作
And so the house became this kind of incredible collaboration.
既是夫妻间、父子间的合作 更是一个现代家庭的合作
As a couple, as a father and a son, as a modern family.
我们都为对方提供了一个视角
I think we each provide a point of view for the other person
这种视角在没有对方的情况下 是不会存在的
that we wouldn't have without the other person.
-嗨 -嗨 怎么样?
-Hey. -Hey, what's going on?
-找到什么了吗? -快好了
-What are you finding? -Almost done.
只有几棵小杂草
I mean, there's just little minor weeds.
阿古斯蒂娜是将这座房♥子
Agustina is the key
所具备的各种元素组合在一起的关键
to the way all of the elements of this home are synthesized.
它是有生命的 我们是有生命的
It's a living thing, and we're living beings.
它是我们作为一对夫妻的倒影 具有深刻的意义
It's a reflection of us as a couple in a really profound way.
我想种那种紫色的草
I want to get that purple grass.
这一棵?看到了吗?
This one here? See that?
-那棵颜色很好看 -是
-That's got a nice color. -Yeah.
也许我们可以把它挪到更靠前的地方去
Maybe we can kind of carry it closer to the front.
但只要一点点照料它就能长得很好
But just a little bit of attention would go a long way.
这项工程让我意识到
This project awakened me to the potential
在任何城市环境中 这种自然环境的修复都是有可能的
for this kind of restoration in the urban environment in any city.
这周末是第一次上门拉票 很有意思
This weekend was the first block walk, and it was fun.
确实很有意思
It's actually a lot of fun.
我去不了 我星期六很忙
I couldn't make it. I was tied up on Saturday.
-我注册了第一次投票 -是吗?
-I did register my first voter. -You did?
-有个无家可归的人 -我喜欢
-This homeless dude. -I love that.
我们星期六开会吗?
So, we're gonna have this meeting Saturday?
他们想把那些树砍掉
They want to cut all those trees down.
在三角区吗?
On the Triangle?
我们无能为力
And there's not much we can do.
不一定 我感觉有些方法 能让他们与我们合作
I don't know. I feel like there are ways to get them to work with us.
克里斯最近才搬来这一居民区
Chris, he's one of the few people that I know
在我认识的人当中 这样的人不多
that is relatively new to the neighborhood
他对我们之前做的事心存感激
who has an appreciation for what we have done.
(奥斯汀 环形区)
环形区和边缘地带之屋都属于复原地带
Circle Acres and Edgeland House are both brownfield restoration sites
都位于东奥斯汀 距离科罗拉多河几百米
in East Austin within a few hundred feet of the Colorado River.
环形区之前主要用作 大奥斯汀地区的垃圾场
Circle Acres was used primarily for the refuse of larger Austin.
一段时期内 这里堆积了各种不同的材料
All sorts of different materials built up over a time,
有些材料是非常有害的
and some of those materials were highly toxic.
你现在要测试水质吗?
You gonna do some water testing now?
环形区的社区决定
What the community at Circle Acres has decided to do
恢复这一地区的生态环境
is to essentially heal that land.
有些巨大的残骸散落在这里
When you see giant debris
它们来自我居住的城市被拆除的区域
from a demolished phase of the city in which you live lying there,
就像美丽的废墟
they're like beautiful ruins,
它们同时也向我展示
that also show you in their context there
无论土地遭受多么严重的工业污染 都可以恢复如初
that you can recover from the worst kinds of industrial misuses of the land.
我不要爬进去
I am not crawling in there.
-我一定要爬进去 -不可能
-I'm totally going in there. -No way.
你小时候没做过这种事吗?
You never did that stuff when you were a kid?
-做过 -爬吧
-Yeah. -Crawl up.
但人总是会长大的
But don't you grow up eventually?
那不一定 为什么? 为什么要长大?你可以爬回去
I don't know. Why? Why bother? You can go back in.
就像老年城市探索俱乐部
Be like the geriatric urban exploration club.
看来你的适应力更强
Seems like you're more resilient.
还记得吗?我本想在这里安装的
Remember when I wanted to do that installation here?
我第一次尝试公共艺术就是在这座桥下
My first attempt at public art was underneath this bridge.
-是吗? -是
-Really? -Yeah.
有乌龟
Turtles.
在哪?
Where?
如果我们有意邀请其他物种
What if we invited other species
来与我们共享栖息地会如何?
to share our habitat with us on purpose?
那将会是一个怎样的世界?
剧集 | 家园(2020) | 导航列表