剧集 | 家园(2020) | 导航列表
在全国各地的乡下制♥作♥砖
to produce bricks across the countryside, everywhere.
手工制♥作♥的砖对我来说是一大发现
The handmade brick was a deep discovery for me.
我学过建筑
Having studied architecture,
我记得我们学到的知识说 似乎人类历史始于工业化制砖
I remember we were taught about industrial brick as if history began then.
在此之前的一切从未写进教科书里
Everything that existed before that was never addressed in our studies.
我之前毫不知情
It was not in my awareness.
这些工匠用的技术
These craftsmen use the exact same technique
和三千八百年前一模一样
that was used 3,800 years ago.
漫长的殖民地历史
The long colonial history
从未抹去我们一直以来的手工技能
had never managed to wipe out what we had been able to do ourselves.
我记得有一天晚上我睡不着
I remember there was a night where I couldn't really sleep so well.
突然就想到了一个点子
And then an idea presented itself to me.
我只是想象出一条线
I imagined just a line.
就像这堵长长的墙
Like, this long wall.
这是个很大胆的建筑元素 是对手工制砖的赞颂
It was a very bold architectural element that would celebrate the handmade brick.
当想法诞生后
When ideas are born,
我浑身上下充满了活力 非常兴奋
you have that incredible energy and excitement.
欲罢不能
You can't stop.
第二天早上
The next morning,
这个想法已经扩展成了房♥屋的设计
this initial idea expanded itself into the design of the house.
我想了很多关于当代建筑…
I thought a lot about contemporary architecture...
及其对人造建材的依赖
and its reliance on manufactured materials.
但我在脑海中的构想则完全不同
But what I had seen in my mind would be completely different.
这座房♥子将把现代设计与手工艺相结合
This house would mix modern design with the handmade way of doing things.
建这座房♥子令我非常兴奋
And I was so excited to build that thing.
构思很简单 但要实现所有的细节
Conceiving it was easy, but the realization of all those details
和我那些新的施工理念 很有挑战
and the new construction ideas I had was challenging.
一切问题都有待解决
Everything was not worked out.
我知道这是创意上的冒险
I knew I would be taking creative risks.
我知道我从未用这种方法建过房♥子
And I knew that I hadn't built anything in this way,
但这些工匠已经造过很多东西了
but these craftsmen had built many things.
我希望从他们的信心中汲取能量
And I wanted their confidence to rub off on me.
因为当人们用双手建房♥子时
Because when people build with their own hands,
他们必须自己心里有数
they have to know it themselves.
奥罗维尔的墙壁之屋
The Wall House in Auroville
全部由本地建材打造
is entirely made from our local materials.
(承包人 塞凯尔)
石灰来自附近一个叫图蒂帕图的地方
Lime is from a nearby place called Thuthipattu,
砖来自附近的维利安努尔
bricks from nearby Villianur.
建材全部来自奥罗维尔周边 20公里范围之内
We collected all the materials within 20 kilometers of Auroville.
所有建材都由技术工匠制♥造♥
And everything was created by skilled people.
都是本地人
Local people, local people.
建造墙壁之屋时 我注意到我们的工匠 从不会被任何事难倒
Building the Wall House, I noticed our craftsmen were never blocked by anything.
当他们遇到某些挑战、未能预见的情况时
When they encounter certain challenges, unforeseen situations,
他们会一直想 “我可以做那个 我可以做这个”
they just keep thinking, "I could do that. I could do this."
他们不会放弃
And they don't give up.
他们有一种自我依靠的品质 因为他们无所畏惧
There is this kind of self-reliant quality when people don't have fear,
因为他们从不会去想某些事做不到
when they don't imagine that something can't be done.
能完成的成就令人感到不可思议
It's incredible what can actually be achieved.
我感到备受鼓舞
I was really inspired by that.
这里可能要减少一点坡度
Here you may need to reduce the slope of it.
我把它做大一点就可以了
If I made it a little bigger, then it will be okay.
奥罗维尔是个很热、很潮湿的地方
Living in Auroville, it's a very hot and humid place.
过去我们的天花板很高
In olden days, we had very high ceilings.
天花板特别高 这样热空气会聚集在上面
We had the ceiling so high up that the hot air would collect up there.
我有些传统的灵感
So I had these traditional inspirations,
但是让我去建造一个传统的房♥顶 我实在做不到
but I couldn't get myself to build a conventional roof.
现在的房♥顶全都是用钢筋混凝土做的
Which nowadays, they're all reinforced concrete ceilings.
于是我想
So I thought,
“我们该如何让一个建筑物 和它的所在地之间有一种归属感?”
"How do we make the architecture belong to the place in which it is anchored?"
我记得我注意到 没有卖♥♥掉的罐子堆积成小山
I remember noticing heaps of unsold pots.
于是我想:“可以把它们用在别的地方”
And I thought, "They could be reinvented."
从建筑学院学到的知识来看
From everything that one is taught in architecture school,
墙壁之屋这样的屋顶结构几乎是不可能的
a roof system like you see at Wall House is almost impossible.
看着它人们会想
You're looking at it and you think,
“房♥顶是如何撑起来的? 它怎么不会掉下来?”
"How is this being supported? How is this standing?"
这些罐子一个套着一个
These pots could be stacked inside each other.
罐子连成一线之后
And when you finish spanning the whole line,
就是一个承重系统
it's a load-bearing system.
它不会倒塌 房♥子也得到了降温
It holds. And the home is cooled.
我还决定让工匠帮我做一个屏风
With the craftsmen, I also decided to create a screen...
把房♥屋的两侧连接起来
to connect the two sides in my house.
有时也可以把一个空间封闭起来
And sometimes to enclose a space.
白天可以打开
Could be open during the day.
可以随意旋转、锁住
And then it can be easily pivoted and locked.
和任何门、窗都不一样
It wouldn't be like any other door and window.
这些圆形的小孔是为了增加屋子内的采光
The circular pattern are to actually bring the light into the house
并抵消一些因为安装屏风 而产生的额外封闭感
and to compensate for the fact that we were closing the house more.
所以会令人感到温馨、有安全感
So you feel very cozy. You feel very protected.
但并不会感到与外面的世界太过隔绝
But you don't feel too cut off from the world outside.
在建墙壁之屋时
When I made Wall House,
我感觉我在展示自己大胆的一面
I felt like I was showing a bold aspect of who I am.
住在为自己打造的空间里 感觉就像一个新的开始
It felt like a new beginning to live in a space I had determined for myself.
我终于有了自己的家
I was finally home.
但这时我父亲打电♥话♥对我说
But then my father called me and told me,
“女儿 你母亲又中风了”
"Your mother had another stroke."
我母亲已经病了很久
My mother had been quite ill for some time,
她瘫痪了
and she was paralyzed.
但他给我打电♥话♥时 我知道情况不好
But when he called me, I knew that things were bad.
第二次中风对她伤害很大
The second stroke really damaged her.
我告诉他们说他们应该来和我一起住 我会照顾好所有人
I told them that they should come and stay with me, and I'll take care of everyone.
因为已经没有更多医疗手段 可以对她使用了
Because there was nothing more that could be done for her medically.
所以我把她接到了奥罗维尔的家中
So, at that point, I received her at my home in Auroville.
我记得她以前会和我讲她搬到孟买♥♥前
I remember she used to tell me about the large house she lived in
住过的大房♥子
before she moved to Bombay.
他们有花♥园♥ 地方大到可以放风筝
They had gardens and space to fly kites.
有开阔的感觉
A sense of openness.
她一直希望能回到那里
She had always wished she could go back there.
我对她说:“看 实现了
I told her, "Look, it happened.
现在你终于又有那样的家了”
Now you finally have that kind of home again."
她的房♥间面向树木、花朵和莲花池开放
Her room was open to the trees and flowers, the lotus pond.
这令她感到非常满足
And she was so fulfilled to have that.
那段时光其实很美好
It was a great time, actually.
是我最美好的回忆
I mean, those were my best memories.
真希望那段时光永远不会结束
I never wanted it to end.
四年内 我失去了母亲
Within a matter of four years, I lost my mother.
又失去了姐妹
Then my sister.
然后又失去了父亲
And then my father.
他们的死让我变成孤身一人
Their deaths left me all alone.
我开始考虑我自己的未来 我离开了在印度的家
I started thinking of my own future, and I left my home in India.
(柏林)
艾曼 请你把 我铅笔筒里的剪刀拿给我好吗?
Ayman, can you please get me scissors from my pencil holder?
我父母的死
After my parents' death,
不知为什么 为我打开了一片新的空间
it somehow liberated a kind of new space for me.
去想清楚
Figure it out.
我没有了照顾父母的责任
I did not have this role of looking after my parents.
所以我准备好了 要创造新的家的感觉 组建自己的家庭
So I was ready to create a new sense of home and start my own family.
看 我在整理这些盒子时发现了几张照片
So, look, I found these photos when I was arranging these boxes.
看到老虎了吗?
Have you seen the tiger?
你的妈妈和外婆 看到吗?
Your mother and your grandmother. Hmm?
一模一样
Looks exactly the same.
看 我给你看…就是这只老虎
Look, I'll show-- the same tiger.
因为母亲住在奥罗维尔期间 这只老虎
Because this tiger has been always at my mother's bedside
一直放在她的床边
when she was in Auroville.
我结了婚 生了孩子
I got married. My children were born.
我踏上了旅途 在多个不同的城市里教书
And I traveled and taught in various other cities.
世界正经历着前所未有的高速城市化
The world is seeing an unprecedented rapid urbanization.
虽然科技进步了
And despite all technological advances,
但我们的资源消耗量 要比有史以来任何时候都多得多
we continue to consume way more resources than ever before in our history.
其结果就是 甚至在欧洲城市里
As a consequence, even in European cities,
居住成本正逐渐成为一个严重问题
you see the situation of affordability as an emerging big concern.
剧集 | 家园(2020) | 导航列表