剧集 | 狄金森(2019) | 导航列表
我看你今早有点傻里傻气的 丫头
Well, I see you are in a silly mood this morning, my girl.
唉 我要工作了
Alas, I have work.
爱德华
Edward?
我能和你说几句吗
Might I have a word?
说快点 应该可以 来我办公室
A quick one, I suppose. In my office.
你也是
You too.
我喝太多咖啡了
I drank way too much coffee.
不公平
It's just not fair.
我想学好多好多东西
There's so much I wanna learn,
但我竟然不能去学
and I can't just go and get taught.
我只能
I have to
没人盯着我的时候 偷学点东西
steal random bits of knowledge when no one else is looking.
我就不会生气 学校无聊死了
I wouldn't stress out about it. School is boring.
我就不会觉得无聊 因为我脑子灵光
It wouldn't be boring for me because my brain works.
嘿 伤我心了啊 再说 学校不收女学生
Hey, that's not nice. Besides, we couldn't allow girls at school.
那就太让人分心了
It'd be too distracting.
我好想去这个讲座啊
I just wanna go to this lecture.
我想去看父亲为我们新房♥子
Well, I want to go look over the blueprints for the new house
设计的蓝图
that Father is making for us.
浪漫的意式别♥墅♥风格 淫♥荡♥
It's going to be a romantic Italian villa. So pimp.
苏 你要陪我去拜访建筑师吗
Sue, would you accompany me to visit the architect?
她不能
She can't, actually.
我们有约了
We have plans.
-什么约 -女孩的事
- Plans for what? - Girl stuff.
我答应帕卡德
And I told Mrs. Packard
我会帮她整理亡夫遗物
I'd help sort through her dead husband's things.
为什么找你
Why is that your job?
抵我在那吃住的钱
It's payment for my room and board.
她过于悲伤 不忍♥整理遗物
And she can't bear to touch them in her grief.
好吧 如果我们今天只能分开的话
Fine. If we must be separate today...
怎么
Yes?
你不能忘了我们的小仪式
You can't forget about our little ritual.
什么仪式
What ritual?
就是晚祷钟响时
Just this thing we do where we
我们在吃栗子的地方做的事
both eat a chestnut at the ring of the vesper bell.
好吧
Okay.
我也来
I'll do it too.
不 就我和苏
No. Just me and Sue.
晚祷钟时吃栗子 你拦不住我的
Chestnut at the vesper bell. You can't stop me.
我不是个好妻子吗
Haven't I been a good wife to you?
这是怎么了 你当然是
What in the world? Of course you have.
我没有打扫干净屋子
Haven't I kept the house immaculate
没有备好
and cooked meals that
热乎乎开胃又美味的饭菜吗
ranged from adequate to downright appetizing?
当然有
Of course.
当然有 结婚以来你都做得很好
Of course, all of that. Since the day we were married.
那为什么 爱德华
Well, then, why, Edward?
为什么 为什么要坚持雇女佣
Why? Why have you insisted that we hire a maid?
亲爱的 我只是觉得
Oh, my dear, I just thought that...
我们家这个地位
a family of our station, I mean,
雇个女佣也是理所当然的
it's utterly expected that we should have help.
有人帮你啊 你有亨利当你的马夫
You have help. You have Henry, the stable hands.
如果你想要个男管家 男仆 你找就是
If you want a butler, a footman, well, get one.
但我不需要人帮我
But I have never wanted any help.
我以为你很满意我打理一切
I thought you were satisfied with my efforts.
我就是想不通 除非
I just can't explain it. Unless...
除非你是觉得我不够好 所以才需要玛吉
Unless you just think we need Maggie because I'm not good enough.
不不 亲爱的 我发誓
No. No, my dear, I promise you.
不是这样的 完全不是
It isn't that. Not in the slightest.
那告诉我 为什么要雇女佣
Then tell me, what prompted this?
够了 别问了
Enough of this interrogation.
我雇女佣
I hired a maid
因为我觉得这样对我们家是最好的 就这样
because I thought it was best for the family. Full stop.
不 是因为她
No. You did it for her.
她说服了你 她牙尖嘴利
She talked you into it. Well, she is very good with words.
我可能不如她那么有口才
Well, I may not be as eloquent as she is,
爱德华 我告诉你
Edward, but I'm telling you this:
你太宠她了 她不知道自己该站在什么位置
You're indulging her. She's not learning her proper place.
雇女佣根本帮不上忙
And getting a maid is hardly going to help.
就
It's just...
就什么
Just what?
就 厨房♥是我的... 天地
It's just, the kitchen was kinda... my thing.
贝蒂服装店
这件青丝绒的怎么样
What about this blue silk?
你觉得臀部那边够宽吗
Do you think the hips are wide enough?
我想"那个人"觉得我很能生养
I wanna look really fertile for you-know-who.
哦不 温尼 可别告诉我
Oh, no, Vinnie, don't tell me
你还对那个约瑟夫·莱曼有意思
you still got eyes for that Joseph Lyman.
贝蒂 别说出来呀 贝蒂知道我所有的秘密
Betty, don't tell. Betty knows all my secrets.
你每周都来这 而且特别能说
Well, you're in here once a week. And you sure can talk.
那是什么
What is that?
那件有主人了
That one's spoken for.
是我为简·汉弗莱量身裁制的裙子
Custom piece I'm making for Jane Humphrey.
哦 我的天呐
Oh, my gosh.
简·汉弗莱品位太好了
Jane Humphrey has the best taste.
她看上去永远那么丰满
She always looks so ample.
简·汉弗莱是个势利小人 而且她还爱上了奥斯汀
Jane Humphrey is a snob. And she's in love with Austin.
据我所知 镇上有很多姑娘倾心于你哥哥
From what I hear, a lot of girls in this town fancy your brother.
是啊 那她们可太倒霉了
Yeah. Well, it's too bad for them.
他要和苏结婚了
He's marrying Sue.
-艾米莉 -真的吗
- Emily... - Is that so?
抱歉 我忘了这是个秘密
Sorry, I forgot it's a secret.
没事 我很会保守秘密 你别担心
Oh, no, I know how to keep a secret. Don't you worry.
恭喜呀 苏
Congratulations, Sue!
或许我可以给你制♥作♥结婚礼服
I suppose I'll be making you a wedding dress?
我支付不起这笔费用
I don't think I can afford you.
她可能都坚持不到婚礼呢
She might not even go through with it.
艾米莉 别说了
Emily! Stop.
你一定要给我做结婚礼服呀 贝蒂 一言为定
Well, you'll be making my wedding dress, Betty, for sure.
你要结婚了吗
Are you getting married?
总有一天会的
Someday.
别这么肯定 温尼
Don't be too sure, Vinnie.
还记得那个算命先生怎么说的吗
Remember what that fortune-teller said?
我告诉过你不要再提那个算命先生的话
I told you never to talk about what that fortune-teller said.
天哪 这里的衣服比贝蒂服装店的还多
God, there are more clothes in here than at Betty's dress shop.
是啊 我们得把它们都整理好
Yeah, and we have to sort through all of them.
看呐 苏 我在周游世界
Look, Sue, I'm traveling the world.
我还以为你是来帮忙的呢
I thought you were supposed to be helping.
这难道不好笑吗 世界如此广阔
Isn't it funny how this whole big Earth exists,
而我们却只能在阿默斯特这一隅之地
and we'll probably never see any of it besides Amherst?
我去过日内瓦 纽约
I've been to Geneva, New York.
我姑妈以前住在那里
My aunt used to live there.
她搬走了吗
Did she move?
不 她去世了
No. She died.
我想去看看真正的火山
I wanna see a real volcano.
那你得离开马萨诸塞州才能看到
You'd have to leave Massachusetts for that.
让我看看那顶帽子
Let me see the hat.
-我看上去如何 -英气逼人
- How do I look? - Handsome.
看我 我是个男人
Check me out. I'm a man.
我可以随心所欲 浪迹天涯
I do what I want. I go where I want.
我有权投票 我可以合法拥有财产
I have the right to vote. I can legally own property.
我能在维苏威山上的实验室研究火山
I study volcanoes in a lab on Mount Vesuvius.
苏 我有个想法
Sue, I have an idea.
什么
What?
我们穿上这些衣服 溜进去去听讲座吧
Let's put these clothes on and sneak into that lecture.
-别胡说了 不行 -为什么不
- That's silly. We can't. - Why not?
那是故事里才会发生的桥段
It's the sort of thing that works in a story
现实生活中根本行不通
but does not work in real life.
得了吧 被发现又能怎样
Oh, come on. What is the worst that could happen?
我们会很丢脸的
We could embarrass ourselves.
好吧 我愿意冒这个险
剧集 | 狄金森(2019) | 导航列表