剧集 | 狄金森(2019) | 导航列表
我们必须预演死亡艺术
We must practice the art of dying...
这样当死神来临 我们才会平静以待
so that when death comes for us, we are ready.
我们必须准备迎接临终时刻
We must prepare for the hors mori,
生命终结
the hour of death.
死时的为人
For what you are when you die...
亦将是你来世的写照
the same will you reappear in the great day of eternity.
在这世上
Here on earth,
万事皆变幻不定
everything is changing and unsettled.
然而死亡之界
Beyond the grave, however...
却是亘古不变
our condition is unchanging.
诚然是神秘莫测
Strange and mysterious it is, then,
上帝时常任由死亡的阴影
that God so often permits the shadow of death...
笼罩着世人
to be thrown down on us,
指引我们准备迎接他的到来
that we may prepare ourselves for His coming.
既然提及"阴影"了
And, speaking of shadows,
希望各位都有打算
I hope you all plan to watch
观看今日的日环食
today's annular eclipse of the sun.
以上帝之名祈祷 阿门
In God's name we pray, amen.
-阿门 -阿门
- Amen. - Amen.
《狄金森》
第一季 第九集
信仰是匠心之作
我们去哪看日食呢
Where are we gonna watch the eclipse?
我只能在贝蒂店里看了
I'll have to watch it from Betty's.
今天下午要试穿婚礼服
I'm getting my wedding dress fitted this afternoon.
对哦 对哦
That's right, that's right.
你记得告诉贝蒂 她可以随意加蕾丝
Now, you remember, tell Betty, add as much lace as she wants.
-我们该走了 -对 对
- We should go. - Oh, yes, yes, of course.
布道词很好 牧师
Lovely sermon today, Pastor.
谢谢 狄金森夫人
Thank you, Mrs. Dickinson.
我一直盼着来做礼拜
I always look forward to Sundays.
太感谢你了
Kind of you to say.
今天的活动尤其特别
And today will be particularly special.
你打算观看天象吗
Do you plan to observe the celestial event?
日食 妈妈
The eclipse, Mom.
我多半在厨房♥脱不开身
Oh, I'll probably be too busy in the kitchen.
我会去看
I'll be watching.
很好啊
Very good.
希望你能从中领悟到上帝的神迹
And I hope you will perceive in it some evidence of God's wonder.
不瞎我就庆幸了
I'm just hoping I don't go blind.
拉维妮娅哪去了
Where's Lavinia?
天 那番死亡言论让我好饥渴
God, all that talk about death made me so horny.
-约瑟夫 -怎么
- Joseph. - Yeah?
有东西要给你
I made something for you.
不不 我真的不要手套了
No, no. Really, I can't accept any more mittens.
不 是这个
No, it's this.
是你诶
That's you.
你认出来了
You recognized.
不然呢 我闭眼都认得这对酥胸
Are you kidding? I'd know those tits anywhere.
还以为你要夸我的画技
I thought you were complimenting my sketch technique.
当然 你把胸画得很好
No, yeah. You sketched your tits really well.
谢谢
Thank you.
能给我吗
I can have this?
当然 就是给你画的
Yes. It's for you.
我的身体只想被你的目光凝视
Because you're the only man I ever want to gaze upon my body.
我可不会只看看你的身体而已 美人
I'mma do more than just gaze upon that body, girl.
爱德华·狄金森先生
华盛顿特区
天啊
My God.
天啊
My God!
爱德华说有人在国会院地上拿起枪
Edward says that a man reached for a gun on the floor of Congress
要射杀另一名议员
to shoot another congressman.
太糟了 夫人
That's awful, ma'am.
"丘奇威尔议员拿起枪
"Congressman Churchwell reached for his gun
要射击库洛姆议员
to shoot Representative Cullom,
因他谴责库洛姆支持密苏里妥协案后
who lunged at him after Churchwell accused him
被库洛姆猛扑在地"
of defending the Missouri Compromise."
所以有一方不够支持奴隶制
So, a man nearly shot another man
就差点发生命案
because he wasn't pro-slavery enough.
真的 这个国家的人就不能文明相待吗
Honestly, can't anyone in this country be civil to each other?
我现在除了担心爱德华 还得防着枪战
Now I have to worry about Edward and a gunfight.
我烦心事难道还不够多吗
As if I don't already have enough on my plate.
你看见本了吗
Have you seen Ben?
你是说牛顿先生
Mr. Newton, you mean?
没有 他今天没来
No. He hasn't been here today.
我也希望他不要来
And I hope he doesn't come.
妈妈 为什么 你不喜欢他啊
Mom, why? You don't like him?
我对他没意见
I like him just fine.
但我昨天明确要求他回家休养
But I sent him home yesterday with strict orders to stay in bed.
他咳嗽得实在太严重了
He had a cough that was positively wracking.
咳成那样 从来不是好兆头
Never a good sign, a cough like that.
唉说得对
Aye, to be sure.
我所有丈夫去世前都咳得厉害
Me husbands all had terrible coughs like that before they passed.
你到底有多少任丈夫
How many husbands have you had?
说了又有什么用呢
Ah, what difference does it make?
毕竟都死了
They're all dead now.
反正本今天会来
Well, Ben is coming here today.
我们要去看日食
We're going to watch the eclipse.
真的吗 艾米莉
Really, Emily?
这主意可不好
That's not a good idea.
他不应该出去受凉 你也不应该
He should not be out in the cold. And neither should you.
这个冬天到处死人
Death is everywhere this winter.
你知道依塔玛尔·康海的长女吧
You know Ithamar Conkey's eldest daughter?
她上周去滑冰 得了肺结核
She went ice-skating last week and got consumption.
现在已经入土了
Now she's buried in the ground.
我知道 我的紫罗兰都被冻死了
I know. And the frost killed all my violets too.
太悲惨了
It's tragic.
-别打趣了 -我没有
- Don't be flippant. - I'm not.
我好爱紫罗兰的
I loved those violets.
他来了 我就知道他会来
He's here. I knew he'd come.
别让他进门
Don't let him in.
本 你怎么样啊
Ben, how are you feeling?
很好啊
I'm fine.
不好 你咳得更厉害了
Oh, no. Your cough is getting worse.
没有 我...
No, I...
本 你病得太重了 我们不能出去
Ben, you're too sick. We can't go out.
不 必须出去 不能错过这个
No, we have to go. We can't miss this.
没事 日食还会有的
It's okay. There will be another eclipse.
不 不会了 得等上数十年
No, there won't. Not for decades.
而且我答应了你
And I promised you this...
天啊 本
God, Ben.
我们就待在室内吧
Let's just stay in.
我给你泡茶 我们坐在炉火边
I'll make you tea. We can sit by the fire and...
不 艾米莉
No, Emily.
我唯一想看的火
The only fire that I wanna see
是黑色月影外♥围♥那圈火环
is that ring of fire around the black shadow of the moon.
我想要和你一起看
And I wanna see it with you.
想象一下
Imagine...
正午时分暗无天日
darkness at noon.
快走吧 拿你的外套
Now, come on. Let's get your coat.
-我们走 -好
- Let's go. - Okay.
帮我拿一下
Hold this for me.
你一定很兴奋
You must be getting excited.
我也说不好
Oh, I don't know.
婚礼实在是瞎忙一气
Weddings are such a fuss.
尤其是狄金森家的婚礼
Especially a Dickinson wedding.
镇上所有人都津津乐道
It's all anyone in town can talk about.
是吗 还有好几个月呢
Already? It's still months away.
是啊 幸好是
Yes, well, it better be.
不然我就来不及做完这裙子了
Or else I won't have time to finish this dress.
亲爱的 我不确定是我量错了尺寸
Honey, I don't know if I measured wrong
还是你的腰...
or if you're getting a bit thicker...
剧集 | 狄金森(2019) | 导航列表