剧集 | 狄金森(2019) | 导航列表
都在尽量避免出现在镇上
to keep myself away from town for a while.
亨利 你是招惹到哪个女人了吗
Henry, did you get yourself in trouble with a woman?
他不能去是因为在抓逃亡的奴隶
He can't go into town because of the fugitive.
-对吧 亨利 -恐怕是的
- Right, Henry? - I'm afraid so.
那些暴徒太危险了
Those thugs are dangerous.
说不定 他们还会绑♥架♥你
They could try to kidnap you. I wouldn't put it past them.
但你现在是自♥由♥身啊
But you're a free man, aren't you?
你有证明就够了吧
You got your papers and everything.
证明对他们来说不算什么
Papers don't mean much to these folk.
抓到就能得到丰厚的报酬 而且证明也可被撕毁
There's a big reward, you know? And papers can be torn up.
这太荒唐了 而且还反咬我们不遵守法律
It's ridiculous. And they say that we don't respect the law.
太可怕了
It's horrible.
他们拆散家庭 让他们妻离子散
They break families apart, they tear children away from their mothers.
你有什么需要我帮忙的吗
Is there anything you need around the house?
我今天可以在家里帮忙
I could do something like that today
明天再去铁匠那里
and go over to the blacksmith's tomorrow.
我去铁匠那
I'll go to the blacksmith's.
不 你不必去的
No, you don't have to do that.
我不介意 你就待在家
I don't mind at all. You stay right here.
记得准时回来参加莎士比亚读书会
Be back in time for Shakespeare Club.
"快逃 后面有熊追我"
"Exit, pursued by a bear."
出自莎士比亚《冬天的故事》
-抱歉麻烦你们了 -不必担心
- Sorry to cause all this fuss. - Don't worry about it.
我相信家里肯定有活干
I'm sure there are chores to do around the house.
家务活总会有的哦
There are always chores.
对了 钢琴需要调音了
Well, the piano needs tuning.
-但估计你调不来 -我可以
- But I don't suppose you could do that... - I can.
我之前调过
I've tuned it before.
你调过
Have you, now?
-亨利是个音乐家 -真的吗
- Henry is a musician. - Really?
嗯呢 他会的可多了
Yes. He's a man of many talents.
可以说钢琴是我的专长[西班牙语]
But you might say pianos are... my forte.
说得不错嘛
That's a good one.
天呐
Oh, my God.
亨利 你之前演过戏吗
Henry, have you ever done any acting?
印象中没有
Not that I can recall.
很好 这会是你的大好机会
Well, this could be your big chance.
我们今天要读莎士比亚
We're reading Shakespeare today.
《奥赛罗》 你可以主演
Othello. You could play the lead.
算了吧
I don't think so.
但你是完美人选
But you'd be so perfect.
而且你也爱莎士比亚
And you love Shakespeare,
我知道你爱
I know you do.
艾米莉小姐 你觉得你父亲会支持吗
Miss Emily, do you really think your father would approve?
事实上
As a matter of fact,
我父亲很支持读莎士比亚
my father is very progressive when it comes to Shakespeare.
也许会让你诧异
It may surprise you,
他甚至会支持女性扮演其中的角色
but he even approves of women reading parts.
当你找到真正匹配角色的演员
And the plays are so much better
这部戏剧就是天作之合
when you can actually cast the parts as they're meant to be played.
你不介意的话
If you don't mind,
还是别这样做了
I think we'd better not.
你的信 苏珊
Your mail, Susan.
谢谢 凯勒尔先生
Thank you, Mr. Keillor.
跟你说了多少次
How many times must I tell you?
叫我詹姆斯
Call me James.
你的信可真多
You do get a lot of letters.
孩子们睡着了吗
the children are sleeping?
那你可以好好休息了
That's a nice break for you.
有什么需要尽管说
Well, let me know if... you need anything.
致苏·吉尔伯特
致苏·吉尔伯特
来自奥斯汀·狄金森
马萨诸塞州阿默斯特镇
来自艾米莉·狄金森
马萨诸塞州阿默斯特镇
请轻轻打开我
好了 各位
Okay, everybody,
今天我们要读《奥赛罗》
today we are going to read Othello.
什么 我以为要读《驯悍记》
Wait. I thought we were doing Taming of the Shrew.
拜托 《驯悍记》
Come on, Taming of the Shrew?
只不过是一个女孩想结婚
That's just a dumb story about a girl who wants to get married
但必须要等到她姐姐先嫁人的蠢故事
but has to wait till her sister gets married off first.
一点都没意思
It's not even interesting.
是啊 哪有人现实也是这样啊
Yeah, who could possibly relate to that?
不要浪费时间在喜剧上了
Let's not waste time on comedies.
看看悲剧 我的朋友们
Tragedy, my friends.
我们必须直面生活的阴暗
We must confront life's darkness.
凝视深渊
We must stare into the abyss.
深渊
Abyss.
你确定你父亲会支持吗
Are you sure your father will approve?
什么
What?
你为什么要提起他
Why are you bringing him up?
因为我之前读过《奥赛罗》
It's just that I've read Othello,
有些部分不太适合
and parts of it are kind of inappropriate.
莎士比亚怎么会有不合适之处呢
There's nothing inappropriate about Shakespeare.
并且我父亲说我可以读我想读的戏剧
And my father says I can read any play I want.
也许别的书我不赞成
He has problems with other books,
但莎士比亚完全可以
but not Shakespeare.
至少 奥斯汀和我
At the very least, maybe Austin and I
可以提前读一下剧本
could go through the script beforehand
然后删掉某些有争议的部分
and cross out anything that might be controversial.
好极了
Great,
那样我们会更关注删掉的部分
that way we can pay extra attention to those parts.
你干嘛一直扫大家的兴致 乔治
Who put the stick up your ass today, George?
我只是想负责一点
I'm just trying to be responsible.
并不是所有人都同意莎士比亚适合给...
Not everyone agrees that Shakespeare is suitable for...
给谁
For who?
给...
For...
年轻小姐看
young ladies.
乔治 你好逊诶
George, you are being so lame.
这是我的莎士比亚读书会
This is my Shakespeare Club,
我就要读《奥赛罗》
and I say we're doing Othello.
让奥斯汀决定吧
Let's let Austin decide.
-我同意《奥赛罗》 -很好
- I'm fine with Othello. - Great.
只要我能自己能选角色
As long as I can pick my own part.
你想当主演吗
You wanna play the lead?
不
No.
我想演苔丝狄蒙娜
I wanna play Desdemona.
那是女人的角色
That's a woman's part.
对我来说 扮演一个角色
A character, to me,
就要演出她的灵魂
is a soul.
我与苔丝狄蒙娜的灵魂是息息相通的
And the soul of Desdemona is one that I relate to deeply.
她对奥赛罗的爱是那么真挚
Her love for Othello is so... true.
那么纯洁
So pure.
就像我对苏的爱
Just like my love for Sue.
-老天 -我觉得艾米莉应该演苔丝狄蒙娜
- God. - I thought Emily should be Desdemona.
为什么
Why?
因为她是
She's just...
一位淑女
A fair maiden.
那该由我演
Then I should do it.
抱歉 我先预定了
Sorry, called it.
艾米莉 你上周说
Emily, last week you said
只有女人才能扮演女性角色
only women should play the women's parts.
你说女性化妆了这么多年
You said we had to make up for all the years
然而却被禁止上台展示我们的魅力
where women were forbidden from being onstage.
你当时可是发表了一篇长篇大论
You made a whole long speech about it.
如果奥斯汀真的敬重这个角色
If Austin feels a true respect for the character,
那他可以演
then he can do it.
而且 我也不想演苔丝狄蒙娜
Besides, I don't wanna be Desdemona.
我要演亚戈
I'm playing lago.
那个反派
The villain?
他也是核心主角哦
He's also, kind of, the star.
好的
Okay!
剧集 | 狄金森(2019) | 导航列表