剧集 | 狄金森(2019) | 导航列表
-上周你说你像艾达 -我知道
- Last week you said you were an Ada. - I know.
另一名受监护人
我一半像艾达 一半像艾瑟
I'm half an Ada, half an Esther.
我觉得你像杰利比太太
I think you're more of a Mrs. Jellyby.
坏母亲形象
奥斯汀
Austin!
你好啊
Hello.
圣诞快乐 艾维琳娜
Merry Christmas, Evelina.
我叫艾米莉
It's Emily.
-是吗 -对 请进 您好康海先生
- Really? - Yes. Come on in. How are you, Mr. Conkey?
-很好 很好 -那就好
- Oh very well. Very well. - Good.
这是我妻子去世后第一个圣诞
It's my first Christmas since my wife died.
两个女儿都出嫁了 所以...
Both my daughters are married now, so...
我孤身一人
I'm all alone.
总之很高兴见到您
Well, we're happy to see you.
请进客厅吧 随意喝点香葡萄酒
Go into the parlor. Help yourself to some spiced wine.
汉弗莱一家来啦
Oh the Humphreys are here!
你这么友善干嘛
Why are you being so nice?
简 这可是圣诞
Jane, it's Christmas.
很高兴见到你们 汉弗莱先生和夫人
It's lovely to see you, Mr. And Mrs. Humphrey.
-圣诞快乐 -这位是
- Merry Christmas. - And...
这是我们从康科德来的朋友 路易莎·奥尔科特
This is our friend from Concord. Louisa Alcott.
-路易莎·梅·奥尔科特 -你好
- Louisa May Alcott. - All right.
-很高兴见到你 -路易莎是一位出版作者
- It's nice to meet you. - Louisa's a published writer.
真的吗 你的作品出版了
Really? You're published?
是的 我的第一本书刚发行
Yeah. My first book just came out.
叫《花的寓言》
It's called Flower Fables.
销量非常好
It sold pretty well.
我赚了35美元
I made $35.
路易莎 没必要告诉别人你到底赚了多少钱
Louisa, you don't have to tell people exactly how much you made.
为什么不 我写作就是为了钱
Why not? I did it for the money.
好吧 我们去吃点心吧
Okay. Let's go get some snacks.
我喜欢点心
I like snacks.
你母亲在哪里
And where is your mother?
她在楼上
She's just upstairs.
去把她请下来呀 亲爱的
Well, go and get her, dear.
妈妈 大家都到了 你现在想下去吗
Mom. Everyone's here. Will you come down now?
你父亲不在 我无心庆祝圣诞
I'm not celebrating Christmas without your father.
我们不需要他 妈妈
We don't need him, Mom.
你会发现 没有他我们也能
You'll see. We'll be just fine with...
我的神经痛不允许
Tell that to my neuralgia.
出去的时候帮我把蜡烛吹灭
Snuff the candle on your way out.
艾米莉 亲爱的 圣诞快乐
Emily, darling! Merry Christmas.
圣诞快乐 拉维妮娅姨妈 你看上去气色很好
Merry Christmas, Aunt Lavinia. You're looking well.
可不是吗 我好荣幸能和你同名
Isn't she? I'm so proud to be named after you,
拉维妮娅姨妈 你看上去美极了
Aunt Lavinia. You look amazing.
我刚从西班牙回来 这趟旅程太棒了
I have just returned from the most incredible voyage to Spain.
西班牙男人很有男子汉气概
Spanish men are so virile.
一定是因为他们吃火腿
It's because of all the ham they eat.
我也吃了很多火腿
I've eaten my share of ham.
你好
Hello.
约瑟夫 你来啦
Joseph, you came!
近来如何
What's up?
你家里其他人呢
Where's the rest of your family?
在家里互扔盘子呢
At home throwing plates at each other,
都成圣诞传统了
like they do every Christmas.
艾瑟的母亲
Esther's mother.
不然你怎么解释他们初次相遇时
Otherwise how do you explain the sense of connection they felt
那种心灵感应呢
when they first met each other?
还有那些文件怎么解释呢
And what about the documents?
你们在聊《荒凉山庄》吗
You guys are reading Bleak House?
-我们对这部小说着了迷 -我也是
- We're mainlining that shit. - Me too.
我刚读到
I'm at the part
凯蒂和普林斯·特威德普
where Caddy and Prince Turveydrop
-即将在教堂举♥行♥婚礼 -别透露情节 别说出来
- are about to have their church wedding... - No spoilers! No spoilers!
看见没 这才是我应该写的作品
See? This is what I need to write.
这种让人们为之着迷的故事 你明白吗
Something people really get hooked on, you know?
这才是生财之道
I mean, that's how you rake in the cash.
-路易莎 -简 为什么你不让我说
- Louisa. - Okay, Jane. Seriously, what?
我家都破产了
My family's broke.
我父亲所有的钱都废在他的公社里了
My dad blew all his money starting that commune,
我总得谋求生计吧
and I gotta make a living somehow,
我可不想当家庭教师
and I'm not gonna be a governess.
没错 家庭教师不是个好差事
No, it's not a good option.
知道了
Noted.
简说你也是个作家
Jane says that you're a writer too.
是啊
Yeah.
算是吧
Yeah, I mean, kind of.
不过我的作品没发表过
I'm not published.
好吧
Okay.
我可以帮帮你
Well, I can help with that.
你试过用男性名字吗
Have you tried using a man's name?
试过一次
Yeah, once.
没什么用
That didn't work out.
那我们该好好聊聊
Well, we should talk.
你想在饭前一起去跑跑步吗
Do you wanna go for a run before dinner?
-跑步 -是啊 我爱跑步
- A run? - Yeah, I love to run.
这是我的爱好
That's, like, an actual fact about me.
我家人都喜欢开玩笑说我可能是半人半马
My family likes to joke I might be part horse,
不过那不是重点
but that's beside the point.
不管怎么说 我们应该去跑跑步
Anyways, yeah, we should go for a run,
我可以给你一些写作建议
and I'll give you some more writing advice.
好啊
Okay.
希望我不会跑太快
Just hope I'm not too fast.
我一开始跑就控制不住
You know, I just, you know, I get going, and it's...
实际上现在有很多女作家在发表作品
Actually, there are tons of women publishing nowadays.
指19世纪初纳撒尼尔·霍桑[红字作者]
在面对女作家兴起时的言论
所以霍桑称我们为"一群胡写乱涂的女暴徒"
That's why Hawthorne called us "A damned mob of scribbling women."
霍桑吃屎去吧 你说对吧
But Hawthorne can eat a dick, am I right?
对
Right.
你当然可以靠写作为生
You can absolutely make a living as a writer.
范妮·弗恩就是例子
I mean, look at Fanny Fern.
19世纪中前期的极著名专栏女作家
文笔激进且关注底层女性生活 极具争议性
但她的故事都很淫秽
But her stories are so bawdy.
是啊 淫秽只是为了迎合市场
Well, sure. Bawdy is just code for commercial.
她的作品非常畅销
I mean, that shit sells.
如果我像范妮·弗恩那样写作 我爸会杀了我
God, my father would kill me if I wrote like Fanny Fern.
他连鸡汤食谱都不让我发表
He won't even let me publish a recipe for chicken soup.
当然了
Well, sure.
你的家人可能会不同意
Your family might disapprove.
他们可能要跟你断交 又如何呢
I mean, they may never speak to you again, but so what?
你可以独自闯荡世界
You'll be out there,
自食其力
making a living on your own.
-自食其力 -你能做到的
- On my own. - You can do it.
每个人都可以
Anyone can.
你不能太理想化
You just can't be precious about it.
什么能卖♥♥出去就写什么
Write what sells.
浪漫小说 灵异故事
Bodice rippers. Ghost stories.
或者有关乌鸦的故事
Stuff about ravens.
密切关注市场动向
Keep tabs on the marketplace.
也许可以试试和玉米有关的
Maybe throw in a line about corn.
哪怕是写肥皂
Or soap,
如果有肥皂公♥司♥愿意赞助的话
if you can get the soap company to pay you.
我能给你最有用的建议就是
And the best advice I can give you is this:
永远不要结婚
Never get married.
千万不要
Don't do it.
不要把自己的人生托付给一个
Don't throw your life away on a man
期待你下厨洒扫
who expects you to cook and clean
生儿养女的男人身上
and pop out little babies.
养一个孩子所需的时间
I mean, in the time that it takes you to raise one baby,
可以写出四五本小说拿去卖♥♥了
you can write four, five novels, and you can sell those novels.
剧集 | 狄金森(2019) | 导航列表