剧集 | 狄金森(2019) | 导航列表
你根本不喜欢他
You don't even like him!
你跟我说过你看不上他的才智
You told me you don't respect his intellect.
而且我还以为我们永远都不会嫁人呢
Besides, I thought we were never getting married.
我以为我们会一起长大 成为伟大的作家
I thought that we were gonna grow up and become great writers together.
那是我们14岁时许下的愚蠢承诺
That's a stupid promise we made when we were 14 years old.
我那时就知道不可能 我不像你 艾米莉
And even then I knew it was a lie. I'm not like you, Emily.
我没有含着金汤匙出生
I didn't grow up with money.
我没有你的完美生活
I don't have your perfect life.
你觉得我的生活很完美
You think my life is perfect?
你真的了解我吗
Do you even know me?
我在这世上孤身一人
I'm all alone in this world.
我一无所有
I'm destitute.
如果我不嫁给奥斯汀 我真的会饿死
If I don't marry Austin, I will literally starve to death.
玛丽的事我很难过
I'm sorry about Mary.
我很喜欢她
I really liked her.
我也是 她是我最喜欢的姐姐
Yeah, I liked her too. She was my favorite sister.
既然你要嫁给奥斯汀
Well, I guess, since you're marrying Austin...
我现在也是你的姐姐了
I'll be your sister now.
答应我 苏
Promise me something, Sue.
答应我两件事
Okay, promise me two things.
第一
One.
你不会搬去密歇根
That you won't move away to Michigan.
第二
And...two...
你爱我永远比爱奥斯汀更多
That you'll always love me more than him.
第一件事的话
As far as the first one goes,
全看奥斯汀怎么决定
it's really Austin's decision.
至于第二件
But as far as the second...
怎么样
Yeah?
我认为不用太担心
I wouldn't worry too much about that one.
《Be Mine/Jaakko Eino Kalevi Remix》—— Alice Boman
*不要给我太多承诺*
*Don't promise me too much.*
*我宁愿你没有*
*No, I rather you don't.*
*无需言语*
*You don't have to speak.*
*只要你伴我左右*
*Just keep me company.*
我爱你
I love you.
*和我以心相许*
*Be mine.*
-苏 -苏
- Sue. - Sue.
借过
Excuse me.
借过 苏
Excuse me. Sue!
你去哪了
Where were you?
他如绅士般为我停留
艾米莉 你在看什么
Emily, what are you looking at?
死神
Death.
没什么 拉维妮娅
Never mind, Lavinia.
好吧 我们回家吧
Okay. Let's go home.
这是个很凄美的葬礼 你觉得呢
That was a lovely funeral, don't you think?
我的会更好
Mine'll be better.
你可以娶镇上的任何姑娘
You could had any girl in town,
却娶了苏·吉尔伯特
and you picked Sue Gilbert?
为什么
Why?
我想是因为她是唯一一个不想嫁给我的
I think it's because she's the only one who didn't want me.
我能理解你
Well, I can relate to that.
你姐姐还装得一副很难追求的样子
Your sister's still playing hard to get.
"很难追求"是说得好听
"Hard to get." That's a nice way of putting it.
-她是个怪人 -她是个天才
- She's a freak. - She's a genius.
我非常讨厌别人这么说
So sick of people saying that.
你们好 女士们
Hello, ladies.
你在这里做什么 乔治
What are you doin' here, George?
苏 过来 我要跟你说点事
Sue, come here. I wanna talk to you about something.
宝贝 搞定了
Well, babe, it's done.
你的诗要在《指向标》上发表了
Your poem. It's in The Indicator.
就在我关于珀西·雪莱的文章旁边
Right next to a thing I wrote about Percy Shelley.
19世纪英国诗人
已经送去印刷厂了 下周就会发♥售♥
The printers have it. It'll be out next week.
你现在可有点名气了 艾米莉·狄金森
You're a little bit famous now, Emily Dickinson.
艾米莉 怎么了
Emily? What's wrong?
我只是有点
I'm just...
害怕
scared.
你害怕
You?
你什么也不怕
You're not afraid of anything.
你无所畏惧
You're absolutely fearless.
我只是不知道我父亲会作何反应
I just don't know how my father will react.
你认真的 拜托
Seriously? Come on.
他必须知道你多有才华
He has to know how brilliant you are.
他不会阻止你成为诗人的
And that's not something he'd wanna stand in the way of.
不是吗
Is it?
艾米莉
Emily!
艾米莉
Emily!
回家做晚饭了
Come make dinner!
我得走了
I gotta go.
再次感谢你 乔治
Thanks again, George.
这鸡肉真不错 狄金森夫人
A wonderful chicken, Mrs. Dickinson.
是的 非常好吃 母亲
Oh, yes, it really is delicious, mother.
感谢你的姐姐们 她们帮着做的
Well, thank your sisters. They helped.
只有一人出力了
One of us did.
-姑娘们 -各位请听我说
- Girls. - Now, now, listen here.
我有个激动人心的消息要宣布
I have a rather exciting announcement.
如你们所知 我除了是位成功的律师
As you know, in addition to running my successful law practice,
还掌管着阿默斯特学院的财政
as well as maintaining my position as treasurer of Amherst College,
美国当时顶尖的文理学院
是两任马萨诸塞州众议院议员
I have served two terms in the Massachusetts House of Representatives.
现在 我要把志向放得远大一点
Well, now I have my eye on something bigger.
我决定竞选国会议员
I've decided to run for Congress.
-父亲 这太棒了 -非常好 父亲
- Father, that's marvelous. - Way to go, Dad.
谢谢 很感谢你们支持我
Thank you. I appreciate your enthusiasm.
你们母亲非常反对我这么做
Your mother was quite opposed to the idea.
我只是不想你经常离家
Well, I just don't want you away from home so much.
国会议员参选人经常到处跑
Candidates are always moving about.
我们现在就要开始动员投票 不是吗
Well, we've gotta get out the vote, now, don't we?
动员投票 传达参选信息
The vote and the message.
父亲 你支持废除奴隶制吗
Father, are you an abolitionist?
不 我不算支持
Oh, no, I wouldn't say that.
我不站在任何激进的立场
I don't take any kind of radical position.
我当然觉得奴隶制是错误的
I think slavery is wrong, of course.
但我也相信中庸之道
But I also believe in compromise.
我当然不觉得我们要因为奴隶制打仗
I certainly don't think it's something we ought to go to war over.
-非常明智 亲爱的 -是的
- Very sensible, dear. - Yes.
有时候我觉得我也是奴隶
Sometimes I feel like a slave.
你可是小镇娇生惯养的女孩 艾米莉
You are a spoiled girl from Amherst, Emily.
和奴隶相去甚远
Far from a slave.
竞选是件麻烦事
It's a messy business,
但是我们要不计代价团结同盟成员
but we must keep the Union together at all costs.
这是我的平台
That's my platform.
除了这个 还要把铁路修到阿默斯特
That and let's bring the railroad to Amherst. That too.
铁路啊 很棒的
Oh, the railroad? That's fancy.
是的 拉维妮娅 如果我当选了
Yes, Lavinia, if I'm elected,
你就能听到卧室窗外传来火车汽笛声
you will hear a train whistle outside your bedroom window.
这简直像噩梦一样
That sounds like a nightmare.
好了 祝贺你 父亲
Yes, well, congratulations, Father.
我们也有消息要宣布
Now, we have an announcement to make as well.
苏和我讨论过了
Sue and I have discussed it
我们决定不搬去底特律
and we've decided we're not moving to Detroit.
-我们要和家人一起住在阿默斯特 -太棒了
- We're staying here in Amherst with the family. - Excellent.
这真是个好消息
This is wonderful news.
-棒啊 -太好了
- Hooray! - Excellent.
我去拉选票的时候 你可以帮忙打理律所
You can hold the firm together while I'm off running my campaign.
我们还要办一场美丽盛大的婚礼
And we'll have a big, lovely wedding.
邀请所有狄金森和诺克罗斯家的表亲来
We'll invite all the Dickinson and Norcross cousins.
当然 苏的全家人也都会来
And, Sue, of course, your whole family will come.
我全家人都死了
My whole family is dead.
婚礼还是会很棒
Well, it'll still be very nice.
艾米莉 怎么了
Yes, Emily, what is it?
剧集 | 狄金森(2019) | 导航列表