剧集 | 湾畔倾情 | 导航列表
and what you've done without an agent,
非常惊人
it's pretty amazing,
如果你喜欢现在的生活
so if you like your life right now,
你不需要我
you don't need me.
你会继续留在这里 继续写作
You'll stay here, you'll keep writing,
并且会一直成功
and you'll continue to be successful.
好吧
Okay.
那么 我为什么需要你
So... why do I need you?
好问题
Ha ha, right,
因为我不是事关你下一本书
because I am not about the next book.
我事关你未来十年
I'm about the next 10 years.
好吧 那你应该知道
Okay, so you should know
我甚至连明天都应付不了
that I can barely handle tomorrow.
这就是你需要我的原因
Which is why you need me.
你担心你自己
While you worry about you,
我的工作是为未来的你考虑
my job is to worry about the future you.
这是你想让我回答的问题 对吗
Oh, and that's the question you want me to answer, right,
我未来10年的发展目标是什么
the "Where do I see myself in 10 years?"
没错 但你不需要马上就知道答案
Yeah, but you don't need to know the answer right away.
我只需要知道
I just need to know
你愿意考虑这个问题
that you're willing to ask the question,
因为我的帮助
because I can only take you
取决于你想走多远
as far as you're willing to go.
我也必须放弃一些事
I'm going to have to give up some things too,
对吗
though, right?
是的 代价如此
Yeah, that's the price.
布蕾
So, Bree...
你想要什么
what do you want?
巴尔地摩
你准备好让我惊艳了吗
So, are you ready to dazzle me?
自见分晓
We'll see.
康纳 这个案子我们已经输过一次
Connor, we've lost this case once,
如果你回来 却不知道如何赢下它
so if you've come back without knowing how to win it,
我不确定你能给我们带来什么益处
I'm not sure what you're bringing to the table.
琳达 法律什么时候不是法律
Linda, when is the law not the law?
仅仅因为一项法律被引用和遵守
Just because a law is cited and obeyed
不代表它实际存在
doesn't mean that it actually exists.
我好奇了
Okay, I'm intrigued.
继续说
Go on.
你和原告
You and the prosecution
假定之前的法律发现可予起诉
presumed that previous legal findings were actionable,
却没有考虑一项简单的日落条款
but you failed to consider a simple sunset clause.
法律终止生效
Laws expire.
我们调查过这点
We looked into that.
是的 但只涉及城市法
You did, but only with city laws,
没包括替代县法
not the superseding county laws.
你们试图保护医院的租约
You tried to protect a hospital's lease,
但欣然接受了一个已不存在的
but you readily accepted a zoning issue
分区问题
that no longer existed.
县的分区限制
The county's zoning restrictions
有一项日落条款
had a sunset clause,
如果你的团队知道这点
and had your team known that,
这件案子就不会被受理了
the case would've been thrown out.
它不应该进入审判阶段
It should've never gone to trial.
你受什么启发了
What tipped you off?
我祖母的驾照
My grandma's driver's license.
它到期了
It expired...
我的上一段感情也是
and so did my last relationship...
让我明白了
and it dawned on me
所有事情都会有结束的一天
that everything has an expiration date.
应对诀窍就是知道什么时候会结束
The trick is knowing when it is
并且做好准备
and being prepared for it...
因为终场总会不期而至
because they sneak up on you...
最终
and, in the end,
你必须意识到已经结束了
you have to realize when something's over,
即使你不想放手
even when you don't want to let it go.
我一直相信
I've always believed
一位好的律师不只了解法律
that a good lawyer understands not just the law
还了解人心
but people, too.
星期一见
I'll see you on Monday.
我们八点开始
We start at 8:00.
谢谢
Thank you.
太美好了
It was wonderful.
我下班后 到莱米沙滩去
I got off work, went to Remmey Beach,
画画素描
and did some sketches.
有什么可以画的吗
Anything that might be a painting?
我现在还不确定
I'm not sure yet.
把工作室布置好之前
I can't really do anything
我没法真正投入工作
until I get my studio set up.
你是在请求帮助吗
Are you asking for help?
不...
Nah...
好吧 是的
Okay, yes.
你会帮我
You did offer.
是的 我想要帮忙
No, I did, and I want to help.
所以 怎么安排
So, what's on the agenda?
好了 想象一下这个画面
Okay, now, picture this...
次卧铺上硬木地板
hardwood floors in the second bedroom,
换掉窗户好让光线更充足
replacing the windows for better light,
提高天花板高度
and raising the ceiling.
就这些了吗
Oh, is that all?
我会给你做晚餐
I'll cook you dinner.
真不错
Oh, that's good.
你好
Hey!
你好
Hey.
莎拉和她家人呢
Where's Sarah and her family?
他们在沿着海岸开车兜风
Oh, they're just taking a drive along the shore.
我很高兴见到他们
Well, I'm excited to meet them,
但是能跟你独处几分钟也不错 凯文
but it's nice to have just a moment with you, Kevin.
是啊 很不错
Yeah, yeah, it'll be nice,
一点点奇怪
a little weird.
我猜我慢慢习惯已婚生活了
I guess I'm just getting used to being married.
有这么大变化吗
Is it that different?
我不知道
I don't know.
我和莎拉一直在讨论孩子的事
Sarah and I have been talking about having kids,
也许她是对的
and she's probably right.
生两三个就好
Just have two or three.
你还算过了
So you did the math?
是啊
Yeah.
所以我还在工作
That's why I'm still working.
你在逗谁呢 米克
Oh, who are you kidding, Mick?
你工作是出于热爱
You work because you love it.
我能喝一口吗
Are you going to share?
不行 给回我
No! Give me that back.
事情进展如何
How are things here
就是...
with the, um...
你知道的 戒指的事
you know, the ing-ray?
提都没提戒指或是求婚的事
Not a word on the ing-ray or the engagement-ay.
没事的 没事的 总会来的
It's okay. It's okay. It's gonna happen.
是啊 最终会的
Yeah, eventually,
当风水符合
when the feng shui realigns
市政法规31-A 第二段的规定时
with municipal code 31-A, paragraph two.
从那以后 大卫一直在市政♥府♥
Ever since, David's been at city hall,
跟他们争论
arguing with them,
说不是钱的问题
saying it's not about money.
是原则问题
It's about principle.
你们真是天造地设的一对
You guys really are perfect for each other.
我知道听起来很蠢
I know it sounds silly,
但当我看到戒指时
but when I saw the ring,
我不只看到了戒指
I didn't just see the ring.
我看到了大卫
I saw David,
感觉我的整个人生都有了意义
and it felt like my whole life made sense,
剧集 | 湾畔倾情 | 导航列表