剧集 | 湾畔倾情 | 导航列表
Paramedics and engines, everyone.
五分钟
Five minutes?
是的
Yeah.
他们不知道何时开始营业
They don't know the start time.
孩子们考得怎么样
So how'd the kids do on their test?
很好
Ah, pretty well,
除了我的两个学生
until two of my students
认为本杰明·富兰克林发明了风筝
thought that Benjamin Franklin invented the kite.
答案接近
Well, I mean, it's close.
这倒是
That's true.
也许我可以给他们一半的分
Yeah, maybe I can give them half credit...
更重要的是
but more importantly,
你的事进展如何
how'd it go for you?
像是暴风雨中的风筝
like a kite in a storm.
开始是合理的
At first it was reasonable,
然后不合理
then it wasn't,
之后他们想让我答应一个邀约
and then they wanted me to take a deal,
但我没有
which I didn't.
然后他们威胁我
Then they threatened me.
后来呢
How'd that go?
我不知道
Uh... I don't know.
我离开了
I left.
那你对野餐怎么看
So what's your position on picnics?
一般是喜欢的
Uh, generally favorable.
很好
Good.
很好 暖和的天气 柔软的毯子
Good. Warm day, soft blanket...
可能会更糟
could be worse.
可能会
Could be.
很有意思 我
You know, it's so funny, I just...
我意识到
I realized that
我喜欢我的工作
I like my job,
但没有它也没关系
but I would be okay without it...
之后我又觉得我犯了个大错
and then I think I've made a huge mistake,
以后会后悔的
and I'm going to regret it,
我做过的事 我会想念它 还有
and what have I done, and I'm going to miss it, and...
有什么不对吗
So what's wrong with that?
去试想其他可能
It's normal to think about what might have been,
而忽略了你所了解的 这很正常
while leaving what you know.
如果能让你感觉好点
You know, if it makes you feel any better,
并且你保证不会告诉其他人
and you promise not to tell anybody,
我每次看了《海底总动员》 都不想去钓鱼
I still can't fish every time I watch Finding Nemo.
你看过很多次《海底总动员》吗
You've watched Finding Nemo more than once?
-你还记得我是教三年级的吗 -嗯
- I mean, I do teach third grade, remember? - Yes.
我不确定现在是喝果汁的时候
Uh, I'm not sure that this is a juice box moment.
我也不这么想
Well, I didn't think it was, either.
给你
Here you go.
谢谢
Thank you.
好啦
All right.
太棒了
Wow, so fancy.
这比庄园浆果干茶更好喝
It's better than Chateau Berry Blast.
我喜欢浆果干茶
I like Berry Blast.
对 还行
Yeah, it's not too bad.
好啦
All right.
-干杯 -干杯
- Cheers. - Cheers.
这太棒了
This is nice.
没错 对吧
It is, isn't it?
谢谢你来见我
Thanks for meeting with me.
我觉得这是个谈话和消除误会的好时机
I thought it'd be a good time to talk and clear the air.
听着 我很抱歉这样对你 米克
Look, I'm sorry for coming down on you like that, Mick.
我知道你很忙
I know you're dealing with a lot.
就是...
It's just...
你知道 我真的需要你参与
you know, I really need you involved.
我知道 我知道
I know, I know,
一旦我处理完这些事情
and as soon as all this stuff with me blows over,
我会优先考虑的
I'm going to make it a priority,
我保证
I promise.
你不知道什么时候能搞完
You don't know when that's going to be.
听着 我一直在想
Look, I've been thinking.
总是有另一个选择的
There's always another option.
是什么
What's that?
你把酒吧卖♥♥一半给我
You sell me your half of the club.
我愿意以全额市场价付给你
I'd be happy to pay you full market value.
你想买♥♥吗
You want to buy me out?
为什么是现在
Why now?
因为这间酒吧对我很重要 米克
Because the Bridge means something to me, Mick.
这一直是我的梦想 不是你的
It's always been my dream, not yours.
我会对你给的帮助一直心存感激的
I'll always appreciate what you did to help me,
我是在给你一个退路...
but I'm giving you an out...
如果你愿意的话
if you want it.
如果我愿意
If I want it?
让我考虑考虑
Let me think about it.
好的 太好了
All right, great.
从你这个微笑来看
Well, judging from that smile,
取证很顺利呀
it looks like the deposition went well.
是挺顺利的
Uh, it was great,
直到我离开...
until I walked out...
但我觉得我做了正确的决定
but I think I made the right choice,
尽管我可能会提前退休
although I might have sent myself into an early retirement.
那你现在怎么打算
So what's the plan now?
说实话
Actually,
我希望这周末你能带我和姑娘们
I was hoping that you could take me and the girls sailing
去航海
this weekend.
天啊 宝贝 再好不过了
Oh, god, honey, I'd love nothing more,
但因为迪尔弗的事我得困在内陆一段时间
but this Dilpher thing has got me landlocked for a while.
好吧
Mm, right.
也许你需要一份证词
Well, maybe you need a deposition
来清理下你的日程安排 再改变下你的生活
to clear your schedule and change your life.
好吧 我不确定这是不是证词的作用
Well, I'm not sure that's what they're for,
但我会试试的
but I'll try it.
这上面是你的笔记吗
Are these your notes on my stuff?
对 我乱写的
Oh, yeah, they're just scribbles.
我控制不住自己
I couldn't help myself.
我从来没有想过
I never thought about
要重新申请政♥府♥豁免
reapplying for government exemptions
以减轻建设过剩
to mitigate construction overages.
是吗
Really?
对
Yeah.
好吧 我在纽约待了三年
Well, for three years in New York,
我为金融律师处理了大部分的
I handled most of the real estate investment trusts
房♥地♥产♥投资信托
for Capital Management.
艾比 我有几个工商管理硕士为我工作
Abby, I've got multiple MBAs working for me,
他们中没有一个人想到过这个方法
and not one of them has ever come up with this.
这个嘛 我有挺多时间都闲着 所以
Well, I had a lot of time with nothing to do, so...
你知道 尼尔森留给我那艘船
You know, Nelson left me the boat
警醒我什么是最重要的
to remind me of what's important,
我一直专注于自己处理所有事
and I've been so focused on trying to handle everything myself,
我觉得我...
I think I...
我都忘记了这一切是怎么回事了
I've forgotten what all this is about.
什么意思
What do you mean?
就是如果你有时间的话可以来帮我
Well, if you have some time, I could use some help.
因为最近发生的这些事
With everything that's been going on,
我需要一个我能信任的人
I need somebody that I can trust
来处理日常事务
to handle the day-to-day
和那些我处理不了的事
and everything that I can't handle.
这只是暂时的
It would just be temporary.
好吧 爸爸
Well, Dad,
爸爸 当然了
Dad, of course.
如你所愿
I mean, whatever you need.
-真的吗 -对
- Really? - Yeah.
谢了
Thanks.
不过你得花点时间照看孩子
剧集 | 湾畔倾情 | 导航列表