剧集 | 大西洋帝国(2010) | 导航列表
Atlantic City was built for good times,
大西洋城是为美好的时光建造的
so that folks could leave their cares behind--
这样我们大家就可以放下顾虑
See a show,dance on the pier... Would you like a flower?
看戏 在码头跳舞 要花吗
...build a castle in the sand. You can take two.
堆沙堡 你可以要两只
Atlantic City was built to help people forget.
大西洋城是建来帮助人们忘记忧愁的
But this day-- Memorial Day--
但是今天 阵亡将士纪念日
is for remembering.
是为了铭记
Tomorrow we will once again
明天我们还是
be citizens of the world's playground.
享乐之都的城民
Today
今天
we are proud simply to be Americans.
我们为我们是美国人而骄傲
I'd like to thank the members
我在此感谢出席的
of our memorial committee here with us today,
各位纪念委员会的成员
who worked tirelessly to make this monument possible.
他们不辞辛苦安排这次追悼会
I'm sure they will convey our gratitude as well
我相信他们也会把我们的感激之情
to Louis Kaestner,
传达给路易·凯斯特纳
our own beloved commodore.
我们敬爱的准将
I know he would not miss this occasion
若不是身有重任
were it not for pressing business elsewhere.
他肯定不会缺席这次追悼会
He truly is this city's doting father.
他不愧是这个城市的父母官
Thanks as well
也同样要感谢
to the Attorney General of these United States,
美国的总检察官
the distinguished Harry M. Daugherty,
尊敬的哈利·达赫
who joins us bearing the express
他今天带着哈丁总统的美好祝愿
good wishes of president Harding,
和我们一起
himself attending the solemn observances
参加在阿灵顿国家公墓
this day at Arlington National Cemetery.
举♥行♥的哀悼仪式
And now, in reading the names of our city's fallen heroes,
此刻 在宣读已逝英雄们名字之前
I feel it fitting to bestow that honor
请允许我荣幸地
on a young man who can speak more directly
向大家介绍一位年轻人
to the ideals of sacrifice, service and loyalty,
他比我更有资格向大家讲叙
more than I ever could.
牺牲 奉献和忠诚
James Darmody, step up here.
詹姆斯·达莫迪 请上来
You didn't tell me you were going to speak.
你没告诉我你要讲话
I wasn't.
没错
James Edison Darmody, ladies and gentlemen.
詹姆斯·爱迪生·达摩迪 女士们先生们
You think I can't play this game?
你觉得我玩不转这个游戏吗
I don't think you even know the rules.
我觉得你连游戏规则都不知道
Mr. Thompson just said
汤普森先生说了一些
some impressive things about me.
关于我的溢美之词
But they're not true.
其实不是真的
I'm no one's idea of a hero,
没人认为我是英雄
least of all mine.
至少我觉得我不是
And when people ask me what I did over there,
当有人问起我在战争中干了什么
what I tell them is:
我就会说
I made it back.
我活着回来了
We fought for the idea
我们相信民♥主♥值得维护
that democracy was worth saving.
并为此浴血奋战
We fought for our mothers.
我们为我们的母亲而战斗
For our sons.
为我们的儿子而战斗
For our wives.
为我们的妻子而战斗
We fought for America.
为我们的祖国而战斗
I believe it was worth it.
我坚信这是值得的
Hear hear.
说的好
These are the names of brave men.
这些都是英勇之士
"John Archer Alberts...
约翰·阿彻·艾伯特
Frank Berry...
弗兰克·贝利
John Collins...
约翰·柯林斯
Lester Dayton..."
莱斯特·代顿
I knew Les.
我认识莱斯特
"Andrew Furey...
安德鲁·福莱
Joseph Grant...
约瑟夫·格兰特
Robert Garner..."
罗伯特·加纳
**There's a rose that grows *
*在荒无人烟之地
**In no man's land *
*有一只玫瑰在生长
**And it's wonderful *
*它虽然布满泪珠
**To see *
*但是
**Though it's sprayed with tears *
*赏心悦目
**It will live for years *
*在我的记忆花♥园♥
**In my garden of memory *
*它存活多年
**It's the one red rose *
*它是士兵们熟知的
**The soldier knows *
*那朵红玫瑰
**It's the work of the master's hand *
*它是大♥师♥的杰作
**'Neath the war's great curse *
*在战争的诅咒之地
**Stands a Red Cross nurse *
*站着一个红十字会护士
**She's the rose *
*她就是这荒无人烟之地的
**Of no man's land. *
*红玫瑰
Did you hear him up there?
你听见他说的话了吗
"Fought for democracy"?
"为了民♥主♥而战"
What a load of bull. Who's this?
满嘴屁话 谁说的
The young vet at the ceremony this morning, Harry.
早上追悼会上的年轻退役军人 哈利
You know why he enlisted? These are getting tight.
你知道他为什么入伍吗 我的裤子小了
They look fine.
看起来挺合适
Because he couldn't hack it at Princeton.
因为他在普林斯顿混不下去了
Talk about the "waist" in Washington, huh?
在华盛顿很容易变胖啊
I jumped through hoops to get him in there and he runs away?
我千辛万苦带他来这里 他却背叛了我
Joins the army? he's a patsy.
参军 他不过是个懦夫
The world doesn't owe you anything.
又没有人欠你什么
I don't care who you are.
我才不在乎你是谁
Nucky, Jess and I are only here for the day.
努基 杰西和我就待一天
We're addressing your legal problems tonight. And?
我们今晚和你谈谈案子的问题 还有呢
It's a holiday. How about we just play some golf?
放假嘛 就打打高尔夫吧
Am I boring you, Harry?
我让你无聊了吗 哈利
I think it's fair to say
我自己觉得
that i've gone out of my way on this, don't you?
我竭尽了全力帮助你 你觉得呢
It's not the easiest deal to finesse.
从中斡旋很不容易啊
I've gone down the list of prosecutors, and this fella--
我已经看过检察官的名单了 这个人
Charles Kennan Thorogood.
查尔斯·凯南·瑟拉古德
He's someone you can work with.
他是可以合作的人
You actually enjoy golfing?
你真的喜欢打高尔夫么
I'd enjoy being a man with the time to play it.
我喜欢打 更希望有时间打
See you on the green.
场上见
I hear you're acquainted with a Mr. George Remus.
我听说你认识一个叫乔治·雷穆斯的人
I'm acquainted with a lot of people.
我认识很多人
I completely understand.
我完全理解
It's just I'm meeting him in Cincinnati on Wednesday.
周三我会去辛辛那提和他见面
Would you consider him reliable in a business setting?
你觉得他能成为可靠的生意伙伴吗
I'd consider him a major bootlegger.
我觉得他是走私酒生意的老大
That would be the business I'm talking about.
这就是我想谈的生意
Perhaps you could put in a word.
也许你可以帮我传句话
Let him know I don't bite.
告诉他我不咬人
You made a fine speech this morning. Quite moving.
你今早的演讲很好 很感人
Very patriotic.
很有爱国精神
We want people to know how proud this city is
我们想让人们知道这个城市的人♥民♥
of the boys who went over there.
为那些将士们自豪
Hear hear.
同意
Nothing's cheaper than sentiment.
没有什么比伤感更廉价的了
I'm the only one in this room ever wore the blue.
我是这屋子里唯一穿过蓝色军装的人
When was that, Mr. Parkhurst?
什么时候的事 帕克赫斯特先生
Fort Kearny, Wyoming Territory.
科尼堡 怀俄明
He blew the trumpet for the ninth.
他为第九军吹响了冲锋号♥
32 white men against 2,000 sioux.
三十二个白人对抗两千个苏人
We had the latest spring fields and god damn me to hell
要是我们没把那些土著
if we didn't cut those
赶尽杀绝
painted bucks to red ribbons.
我们自己都快饿死了
A slaughter. That's all it ever is, boy.
一个屠夫 这就是事实 孩子
You came out of the last one rather well though,
你是后来居上啊
didn't you, Jackson?
是不是 杰克森
I cleared a cool million selling chipped beef to the army
我卖♥♥碎牛肉给军队挣了一百万
and I don't care who knows it.
我不在乎这事儿让人知道
剧集 | 大西洋帝国(2010) | 导航列表