Birthdays.
生日
They're more than just the one day people in bad marriages get to have sex
它的意义 不仅是使婚姻不顺的人有了做♥爱♥的机会
or an excuse to reach out to an ex on Facebook.
也不仅是在脸书上联♥系♥前任的好借口
They're how we measure milestones.
我们也用它来衡量里程碑
But if you're black in America,
但如果你是生活在美国的黑人
each birthday is a much bigger deal.
每一个生日都越来越重要
Black men live a full 7 years less than the national average.
黑人男性的平均寿命要比国民平均寿命少七年
7... years.
整整七年
That's like missing the entire run of "Designing Women"
这就好比错过全部七季的<女设计师>
or six Bulls championships
或者是芝加哥公牛队的六次冠军
and the one time the Cavs got lucky.
加上骑士队走运的那一次
Stress, hypertension, heart disease,
压力 高血压 心脏病
rap beefs.
说唱歌♥手撕逼
It takes an exceptional black man
一位杰出的黑人男性
to make it all the way to 65...
要活到65岁可不容易
or this one.
或者是这位
Oh!
哦
That's right!
没错
It's my birthday.
今天我生日
No one's gonna ask where Pops got this sword from?
没人想问老爹的这把剑是从哪儿来的吗
Uh, no.
呃 不想
You better not.
你最好别问
Everybody, drink up,
各位 干杯
Thank you.
谢谢
because we are celebrating.
因为我们要好好庆祝
Yes. Pops. No.
好啊 老爹 不行
So now it's illegal to serve your teenage grandson champagne?
所以现在给自己十几岁的孙子喝香槟都违法了吗
I'm more of a Perrier
我其实是那种喜欢喝气泡水
with a splash of pink lemonade kind of guy anyway.
里面再点几滴粉红柠檬水的人
Oh, come on, Junior.
拜托 Junior
I beat the odds, son.
我战胜了概率 孩子
I made it to 65.
我活到了65岁
We talkin' about white retirement age.
这可是白人退休的年龄
Now, you know they set the age of Social Security at 65
你知道他们规定65岁以上才能领社保
so they wouldn't have to pay us, son. You know that.
就是为了不用给我们钱 你很清楚
'Cause the white man did not want Earl Johnson to live this long.
因为白人可不希望我Earl Johnson活这么久
Neither did I. Okay.
我也不希望 好吧
For my birthday,
我过生日的时候
you would always sleep in late and go to bed early
你总是起的很晚 睡的很早
so you didn't see me.
这样你就不用看见我
That's exactly what you do on my birthday.
我生日的时候你就是这么做的
This isn't about me, son. No, it's about me.
现在的重点不是我 儿子 不 是我
Because I have done something that no other black man has ever done.
因为我做到了其他黑人男性都没做到的事
Live 'til you're 65?
活到65岁吗
Yes.
正是
Now, name one black man older than me.
现在 说出一个比我还老的黑人男性
I can't believe I'm drawing a blank.
我不敢相信我脑子居然一片空白
There's... There's gotta be at least one.
至少会有一个吧
Okay...
好吧
Nick Cannon! No. No. No.
Nick Cannon 不 不对 不是
Oh! DMX! No. Jaleel White.
我想到了 DMX 不是 Jaleel White
Jaleel White 美国演员 作为童星出道 代表作<凡人琐事> 今年42岁
DMX 著名匪帮说唱歌♥手 今年48岁
No, wait? Why is this so hard? I don't know.
不是 等下 为什么这么难 我不知道
Earl Johnson!
Earl Johnson
What the hell? Who is that?
什么情况 谁啊
Man!
天
What's up, boy?
最近好吗 伙计
Look at you, man!
看看你
Hey, y'all. This is my man Smokey.
对了 这是我哥们Smokey
Smokey, how the hell you get in my house, man?
Smokey 你到底是怎么进我家来的
The doors were locked.
门明明是锁着的
Oh, you just got a single-bolt retractable on there. It's easy.
哦 你们家用的是单螺栓伸缩锁 很好开的
Ain't a house been built that Smokey can't get into.
Smokey进不去的房♥子还没建出来呢
Ain't that right?
我说的对不对
I think I hear the baby.
我好像听见孩子醒了
How do you guys know each other?
你们俩是怎么认识的
You here for Pops' birthday?
你是来给老爹庆祝生日的吗
Okay, w-what's with all the questions?
等会 这么多问题是怎么回事
You... You a cop?
你是警♥察♥吗
What? I'm 17.
什么 我才17岁
That's still not a "No."
这也不是否认啊
Hey, he's cool, Smokey.
嘿 他没问题的 Smokey
What you say we get out of here and go to the track?
不如我们离开这儿 去赛马赌场吧
It's 8:30 in the morning.
现在才早上八点半
I don't give a damn. I just turned 65.
我才不在乎 我今天65岁了
I never have to give a damn ever again!
我再也不用在乎什么东西了
So, all this time, you've been giving a damn?
所以 一直以来 你都是在乎的吗
Come on, let's go, Smokey. All right.
行了 走吧 Smokey 好的
Hey, really nice house you got here.
嘿 你们家真的很不错
You want to stop casing the joint, man?
你能不要再踩点了吗 伙计
I'm not doing nothing. I'm just saying. Just some...
我什么都没做 我只是说说 真的
Just some... very nice things.
真的 有很多好东西
Very nice. Smokey!
非常好 Smokey
You know, I'm realizing
话说 我现在才发现
there's a lot I don't know about Pops.
我不了解老爹的地方还有好多
I mean, what was his childhood like?
比如说 他的童年是什么样的
Who are his friends?
他有什么朋友
Why does he still own a pager?
为什么他现在还有呼机
That's my question.
我还想问这个呢
Maybe we should throw him a surprise party!
也许我们可以给他办一个惊喜派对
Come on, Dad, don't you think it'd be fun
拜托 老爸 你难道不觉得很有趣吗
to get a bunch of his old buddies together
把他的老伙伴们聚在一起
and walk down Memory Lane?
回忆过去的日子
No.
并不
You know what... you go ahead and throw him that party.
你知道吗 你尽管去办你的派对
I'm gonna have nothing to do with it,
我不想跟这个派对扯上一点关系
because I learned...
因为经验告诉我
dealing with Pops, you'll only get burned.
和老爹打交道 你只会引火自焚
So keep my name out of it.
所以不要把我的名字加进去
Uh, I will.
呃 好的
Except we have the same name,
不过你我的名字一样
so you will see the words
所以你还是会在电子邀请函上
"Andre Johnson" on the e-vite.
看到"Andre Johnson"这个名字
Rainbow. I need to use your computer.
Rainbow 我需要用下你的电脑
Taye Diggs started following me online,
Taye Diggs在网上关注我了
Taye Diggs 美国歌♥手 演员
and you know Taye Diggs just doesn't follow anyone.
你知道Taye Diggs可不是什么人都关注的
Um, let me just finish, and then it's all yours.
呃 让我把这个看完 然后你随便用
Well, what are you watching? Is it dumb?
你看什么呢 是很傻的东西吗
No, it's not dumb.
不 这个不傻
It is an interview with Shonda Rhimes
这是一个对Shonda Rhimes的采访
about how she committed to a year of saying "Yes" to her children
她决定一整年都对她的孩子说"好"
to get to know them better.
从而更好地了解他们
So, yes, it's dumb.
所以 是的 傻东西
No. No, Ruby, it's not.
不 不 Ruby 这不傻
Listen, when I was working, I created this habit
听着 我以前上班的时候 已经形成了习惯
of just reflexively saying "No" to the children.
对我的孩子条件反射式地说"不"
Hey, Mom, do you want to play "operation" with us?
嘿 妈妈 你想跟我们玩"手术"桌游吗
No. I just operated.
不 我刚做完手术
And in my business, a red nose is a symptom of sepsis.
而且在我们这一行 鼻子发红是败血症的症状
And then I watched this video,
现在我看了这个视频
and I realized I'm not working anymore,
然后我意识到我已经不上班了
and I'm still saying "No"!
而我仍然在说"不"
Hey, Mom. Yeah?
嘿 妈妈 什么
Do you want to play "Settlers of Catan" with us?
你想跟我们玩"卡坦岛"吗
Yes.
好的
You do? Yes?
你想玩吗 真的吗
Yes, I do!
是的 我想
All right. Great. Okay.
好的 太好了 好的
See?
看吧
My year of saying "Yes"...
剧集 | 喜新不厌旧(2014) | 导航列表