The point is we celebrate a horrible man
要点是 我们纪念一个大坏蛋
when we don't even acknowledge
却并没有纪念
important moments in our own history,
我们自己的历史上真正重要的时刻
like Juneteenth.
比如六月解放日
Oh! What is June No, no, no, no, no.
哦 什么是六月 不不不不不
Oh, my God! No, no, no, no.
天啊 不不不不
...teenth? Damn it! There goes lunch!
解放日 该死 吃不上午饭了
All right, June 19, 1865, or "Juneteenth,"
好的 1865年的六月十九日 又称"六月解放日"
is the day in America where all slaves were finally free.
是美国所有奴隶终于获得自♥由♥的日子
You did this. You.
都怪你 就是你
And on that fateful day in history --
历史上 在那关键的一天里
Actually...
其实
maybe Juneteenth is better explained through song.
也许用唱的能更好的解释六月解放日
Oh.
哦
Oh. Okay.
哦 好吧
You know, I usually give the history lessons around here, but
通常是由我来给你们上历史课 但是
go ahead, Aloe Blacc.
来吧 Aloe Blacc
You know, I'll just sit here.
我就坐在这里就好
**I am a slave*
*我是个奴隶
**Yes, I'm only a slave*
*没错 我只是个奴隶
**They'll place my body in an unmarked grave*
*他们将把我的尸体埋进没有墓碑的坟里
**In these Confederate days*
*在南部同盟的天下
**It's kind of hard to lift every voice singin'*
*想唱我所唱有些艰难
**While worrying about how low the sweet chariots are swingin'*
*当我们时刻担心生命安全
**I could swing from a tree*
*我可能会被挂在树上摇摆
**But, hey, oh, I hope and pray they don't kill me*
*但是 我希望并祈祷他们不要杀我
**Today I am still just a slave*
*今天我仍只是个奴隶
If the Emancipation Proclamation was passed in 1863,
如果1863年<解放宣言>已经颁布
why weren't you free until 1865?
为什么你们直到1865年才解放
Well, it took two years for the Civil War to end.
南北战争两年后才结束
Oh, so you were free when the war ended?
所以战争结束后你们就解放了吗
Nah, not for two more months
没有 又等了两个月
because Texas landowners wanted another harvest.
因为德州的地主们想要好收成
That's not cool.
这可不好
Well, none of it was cool.
就没有过好事
But an army ship arrived on June 19, 1865,
但一艘军船于1865年六月十九日抵达
and announced we were free.
宣布了我们的自♥由♥
That's why we celebrate Juneteenth.
这就是为什么我们庆祝六月解放日
**I am a slave*
*我是个奴隶
**In the home of the brave*
*在勇敢之乡
**A product of the triangular trade*
*我是三角贸易的货物
**Please pardon my ways*
*请原谅我
**If I'm nervous or the slightest bit skittish*
*如果我会紧张 或者有一点点激动
**In the presence of the Portuguese*
*在葡萄牙人
**Spanish, Dutch, or British*
*西班牙人 荷兰人或英国人的面前
**They kept me in colonial chains*
*他们给我套上殖民的手铐
**Tell me how to persuade them to chill*
*告诉我怎么劝他们冷静下来
**Or to save me, and still I'm a slave*
*或者拯救我 然而我还是奴隶
That was not uncomfortable at all.
这歌♥真是不会让人感觉不舒服呢
Nope.
完全不会
Is that stuff true, Papa?
这是真的吗 爸爸
Just like anything black people do,
就像黑人做的所有事一样
if Juneteenth had a chance of succeeding,
如果六月解放日有成功的可能
we would have to brand and market it twice as hard.
我们必须加倍努力 将其品牌化市场化
What do you think of this Juneteenth mock-up?
你觉得这张六月解放日宣传怎么样
Hold on.
等一下
Did you take my egg rolls?
你是拿了我的蛋卷吗
These aren't for the table?
这些不是给全桌人的吗
They were not.
不是
Really, Dre?
真的吗 Dre
I figured this was one of those things
我觉得这就是那种
that you would just get tired of,
你之后会厌倦的事情
like kente cloth.
比如说肯特布
This isn't a trend, all right?
这不是一种潮流 好吧
Juneteenth is a 150-year-old tradition
六月解放日是一项有着一百五十年历史
that no one's heard about,
却没人听说过的一项传统
not even my black kids.
甚至我的黑人孩子们都没听说过
I mean, there's -- there's storytelling.
我的意思是 这里面有故事可以讲
There's red-velvet cake, hibiscus tea.
有红丝绒蛋糕 芙蓉茶
Actually, hibiscus tea is a modern-day substitute
事实上 芙蓉茶是草莓汽水的
for strawberry soda.
现代替代品
Oh, really? That's interesting.
真的吗 有意思
Really?! Never had it. I didn't know that.
真的吗 没喝过 我都不知道这东西
Thank you, Aloe Blacc,
多谢你啊 Aloe Blacc
for correcting me in front of company.
当着同事的面纠正我
Okay?
好吧
Hey, Dre, I don't get it.
嘿 Dre 我不明白
I mean, don't you already have MLK day?
你们不是已经有马丁·路德·金日了吗
And Black History Month?
还有黑人历史月
And Reparations Day.
还有赔款日
That's when in times of civil unrest,
在城市骚乱之际
we start urban bonfires
我们在市内点起篝火
and acquire discount electronics.
然后获取打折的电器
Charlie, are you talking about looting?
Charlie 你是在说抢劫吗
That's just looting. Yeah.
那就是抢劫 是的
The truth is we don't have anything
事实是 我们没有任何
that celebrates the end of slavery.
庆祝废除奴隶制的节日
Well, MLK Day is a pretty big umbrella there, Dre.
马丁·路德·金日可是一把覆盖面很大的伞啊 Dre
Like, Mary Poppins big.
就像Mary Poppins的伞那么大
This is insane.
这简直是疯了
You don't tell white people or Jewish people
你不会告诉白人或者犹太人
that they only deserve one holiday.
他们只值得拥有一个节日
Well, half that statement's true.
这句话有一半是对的
It just seems, Dre, like you're getting a little bit greedy.
只是看起来 Dre 像是你有点贪婪了
For real?!
说真的吗
Yeah. You guys are giving pushback
是的 你们要在唯一一件
on the one thing that honors the end of slavery?
纪念废除奴隶制的事情上施加阻力吗
You do know why America's so rich, right?
你们知道美国这么富有的原因吧
Because we built this land for free.
因为我们免费建造了这个国家
Mama? Yeah, baby?
妈妈 怎么了 宝贝
Can you tell us a story?
你能给我们讲个故事吗
Of course I can.
当然可以
Baby, what kind of story you want to hear?
宝贝 你想听什么故事呢
Um, tell us a scary story. Mm.
嗯 给我们讲一个恐怖故事吧
No, no, no, tell us a love story.
不不不 给我们讲一个爱情故事吧
Ooh! Tell us a story about a slave who gets free! Junior!
给我们讲一个获得自♥由♥的奴隶的故事吧 Junior
Say what? Oh, my God!
说啥呢 我的天啊
W-What did you...?
你 你说什
Boy, what is wrong with you?
孩子 你是怎么了
You see, them light-skinned babies never know how to act.
你看 这些浅肤色的孩子永远不知道怎么举止
Here's a story won't get us all killed.
我来讲一个不会让我们被杀的故事
How we built this country for free.
我们是怎么免费建造了这个国家
**More quick*.
*再快点
**It's gonna be okay.*
*都会好起来的
**It's gonna be all right.*
*都会没事的
**We raised their children*
*我们养大了他们的孩子
**Then raised their buildings*
*然后盖起了他们的大楼
**And they made billions*
*钱却进入了他们的口袋
**I'm catching feelings*
*我开始感觉有点受伤
**Really? What else did we build?*
*真的吗 我们还建造了什么
**Railroads*
*铁路
**Wall Street*
*华尔街
**The White House and university*
*白宫和大学
**Uva?*
*弗吉尼亚大学
**We built that*
*我们建的
**Chapel Hill?*
*北卡教堂山分校
**We built that*
*我们建的
**Pyramids?*
*金字塔
**No, sorry, our Hebrew brothers get credit for that*
*不 抱歉 这是我们的希伯来兄弟的功劳
**Mazel*
*好运
剧集 | 喜新不厌旧(2014) | 导航列表