剧集 | 小谢尔顿 | 导航列表
♪ 世上没人比我强壮 ♪
♪ Nobody else is stronger than I am ♪
♪ 昨天我移了一座山 ♪
♪ Yesterday I moved a mountain ♪
♪ 我相信我能当你的英雄 ♪
♪ I bet I could be your hero ♪
♪ 我是个了不起的小家伙 ♪
♪ I am a mighty little man ♪
♪ 我是个了不起的小家伙 ♪
♪ I am a mighty little man ♪
少年谢尔顿
《少年谢尔顿》前情提要
Previously on Young Sheldon...
那我应该去哪儿
So, where should I go?
加州理工 -麻省理工
Caltech. - MIT.
要去参观麻省理工 我好兴奋
I'm so excited to visit MIT.
我也是
Me, too.
我为你骄傲 孩子
Proud of you, son.
谢谢你 爸爸
Thank you, Dad.
还是去加州理工吧
Caltech?
去加州理工
Caltech.
我一直相信我非凡的一生
I always believed my extraordinary life
会被出版成各种传记
would be chronicled in numerous biographies.
我以前甚至会自己想书名
I even used to make up my own titles.
我最爱的几个有
My favorites were:
《从德州到成功: 谢尔顿·库珀的传奇之路》
From Texas to Success: the Sheldon Cooper Journey,
以及《库珀幼儿版》
and Cooper for Kids,
给幼儿园孩子们的超弦理论中的量子引力入门
a pre-school introduction to quantum gravity in superstring.
重点是
The point is,
我知道我的成长阶段会被后人探究
I knew my formative years would be well-documented,
这就表示我需要把
which meant I needed to polish up
我早期的学术资历给提升一番
some of my early academic credentials,
尤其是东德州理工这里
especially East Texas Tech.
这些是什么东西
Wh-What am I looking at?
我给下学期弦理论课程的教学大纲的建议
My proposal for next semester's curriculum on string theory.
我虽然要离开了 但这并不代表
I may be leaving, but that doesn't mean
这里不能继续吸引更多天纵奇才啊
you can attract more brilliant minds
只要学术上保持尖端就行
by staying on the cutting edge.
谢尔顿 你又不是这里的教授
Sheldon, you are not a professor here.
我太清楚了 因为如果我是
Oh, I know. If I were to teach,
这里绝对会是一所比现在好太多的大学
it would be at a much better university than this one.
而且 再过54天 你就不再是这里的学生了
And, in 54 days, you will no longer be a student here.
我绝对没有在一天天数日子
Not that I'm counting.
是啊 所以我们更要珍惜最后的时光
True, we should relish these moments.
我珍惜着呢
Oh, I'm relishing.
看我珍惜的表情
Look at me relish.
所以 你这堆建议是想我怎么样
So, what am I supposed to do with this?
虽然我之后不在这里就读
Just because I won't be here doesn't mean
但我这一生还是会跟这所大学有关联啊
I won't forever be associated with this university.
所以我希望以后别人看我简历时
And it would be nice if people look at my resume
能说出"是东德州理工啊" 而非"是东德州理工啊"
and said "East Texas Tech," not "East Texas Tech."
你两种的语气一模一样啊
You said those the exact same way.
真的吗 在我脑海里 第二种充满了鄙夷
Really? In my head, the second one was dripping with scorn.
"是东德州理工啊" 这样如何
"East Texas Tech." How was that?
太充太满了
Dripping.
谢尔顿 我谢谢你的好意
Sheldon, I appreciate this,
但我们大学有许多优秀的教职员了
but, uh, we have an excellent faculty here,
他们完全有能力
and they are quite capable of
不靠你的帮助 独力设计卓越的上课内容
devising their own curriculum without your help.
大不了我以后说起东德州理工
I suppose I could spin East Texas Tech
就说是我已经克服的人生难关 类似驼背或者畸形足
as a hardship I had to overcome, like a hunchback or a club foot.
就剩54天了
54 days.
我知道 我也会想念这一切
I know. I'm going to miss this, too.
这些是我为下学年设计好的新物理学课程
So, this is the new physics curriculum I've developed for next year.
非线性西格玛模型导论吗
Introduction to nonlinear sigma models?
这是挺深的内容耶
That's some pretty advanced stuff.
重点就在这里
And that's the point.
谢尔顿或许要离开了
You know, Sheldon may be leaving,
但只要我们让课程保持在最尖端
but we can attract the next brilliant mind
我们还是能吸引下一个天纵英才
if we stay on the cutting edge.
太同意你这想法了
Couldn't agree more.
这样吧 约翰 要不然你负责去
In fact, John, why don't you take point
教那门非线性课 而我负责教...
on that nonlinear class and I'll teach, uh...
这上面好多我听说过的东西啊
Ooh, so much here I've heard of,
我该选哪一样呢
which one do I pick?
行吧 要是这些内容对你们来说太高深
All right, if this material is too challenging for you,
或许我该整顿一下学系了
maybe I should rethink my faculty.
你这话是什么意思
What are you saying?
为了保持合法 我不能说要换掉你们
Well, legally I can't say that I'm replacing you
改请年轻人 所以我绝对没要这么说
with someone younger, so I'm not saying that.
合法上说
Uh, legally.
想得美 我有终身教职
Nice try, but I have tenure.
我没有啊
I don't.
那你多保重 -另一方面
Tough luck. - Another thing
我也绝对没有要说
I'm not saying is
我要把你们的办公室改到
that I'm going to put your office at the top
要爬超多楼梯的教学楼上层
of a flight of very steep stairs.
行了 不需要做到这样吧
Okay, that won't be necessary.
或许我们对这些新东西还不熟
We may be out of the loop on this stuff,
但我们也能迎头赶上啊
but we can catch up.
同意 我们士别三日 必让你刮目相看
Agreed! We can be up to speed in two shakes of a lamb's tail.
别这么说 感觉好老气
Don't say that, you sound old.
飞速进步
Lickety-split?
好些了
Better.
飞速进步
Lickety-split.
来奶奶怀里 -给
Oh, come to Nana. - There you go.
你变得好大啊
Oh, you got so big.
她怀孕时我也这么对她说了
I said that to her when she was pregnant.
绝对不行
No bueno.
所以你们要去看哪部电影
So, uh, what movie y'all going to see?
《神探飞机头》
Ace Ventura: Pet Detective.
曼蒂 你会想看这电影吗
Mandy, you want to see that?
我无所谓 估计灯光还没暗我就睡着了
I don't care, I'm gonna be asleep before the lights go down.
我们很乐意帮你们看孩子
Well, we are so happy to babysit.
甚至如果你们电影完
In fact, if you want to go to dinner
想顺便共进晚餐 我们也很欢迎
after the movie, that's fine with us.
多谢了
Aw, thanks,
但我们最近想存钱呢
but we're trying to save money.
乔治 给他们一点晚餐钱
George, give them some money so they can go to dinner.
我们已经免费帮忙看小孩了
We're already babysitting for free.
我们平常都没什么机会见到宝宝了
But we never get to see this little one,
因为她的大坏蛋爸爸妈妈搬家了
because her mean Mommy and Daddy moved her away.
但爸爸妈妈现在有自己的洗手间 所以...
Well, Mommy and Daddy have their own bathroom now, so...
那可是梦想成真啊
Oh, that's the dream right there.
好啦 再见啦 宝宝
Alrighty. Bye, baby.
亲爱的再见 要乖啊
Bye, honey. Be good.
她绝对会当奶奶与阿公的小天使
Oh, she'll be an angel for Nana and Grampy.
阿公吗
Grampy?
我可没同意过这称呼
I didn't sign off on that.
好啦 出发吧 我想赶紧开始补眠了
Okay, let's go, I want to get this nap started.
再见啦 阿公
See you, Grampy.
格兰特
Grant.
我已经读完爱德华·维滕
I finished reading Ed Witten's article
关于金兹堡-朗道轨环的论文了
on the Landau-Ginzburg orbifold.
我也快读完普朗克散射的那篇了
I'm almost done with one on Planckian scattering.
我真是不理解我们之前怎么会
I don't know why we were so reluctant
那么不乐意学习新的理论
to dive into these new theories.
就是啊 -多新鲜刺♥激♥的东西啊
Agreed. - Exciting stuff.
眼前一亮 -太亮了
Thrilling. - So thrilling.
微微有点难以理解
A little hard to parse.
有一点像天书
A bit enigmatic.
同一段文章我得反复读四遍
I had to read the same paragraph four times.
我看其中一篇论文时睡着了 口水全流上去了
I fell asleep on one paper, drooled all over it.
嗯哼 -你说有没有可能
Huh. - Is it possible
我们已经老到学不了新东西了
that we're too old to learn new things?
胡说八道 这些玩意就算是我年轻时
Nonsense. This would have been over my head
我也照样过目就忘
剧集 | 小谢尔顿 | 导航列表