剧集 | 小谢尔顿 | 导航列表
最重要的是 这孩子属于我们
The important thing is, that kid belongs to us.
他是我们的黄金牛
He is our cash cow.
好啦
Okay.
快跟我解释他的文章到
Explain this to me so I sound like I know
我跟资助人要钱时 能讲得像我懂似地
what I'm talking about when I shake the donor tree.
年轻的库珀先生重新构想了弦理论
Well, young Mr. Cooper has reimagined string theory.
而且以一种前所未有的方式致密化了额外维度
And compactified dimensions like nobody's business.
你们俩其实没懂 对吧
You don't understand this, do you?
对 -不太懂
No. - Not really.
我们能理解他是想干嘛啦 -绝对的
I mean, we get - what he's trying to do. - Absolutely.
不 我们其实不太理解 -完全不懂
No, we don't really understand it. - Not a bit.
所以我们学校最聪明的二人
So two of the top minds at our school are
被一个14岁孩子给搞困惑了
flummoxed by a 14-year-old.
"困惑"这词有点严重了
Well, "Flummoxed" is a strong word.
但准确 -很准确
But accurate. - Accurate.
好吧 或许我拉赞助时可以说
Mm-hmm. Okay, maybe I can sell this by saying
这内容太先进了
that this is so advanced
连很多才华洋溢的科学家都不见得懂
that even other brilliant scientists don't understand it.
太性感了
Sexy.
你别这样
Don't do that.
你好
Hello?
我是
This is she.
真的吗 -是谁
Oh, really? - Who is it?
如果是卖♥♥船的人 赶紧挂了
If it's a guy about a boat, hang up.
请稍等一下 是普林斯顿大学的人
One moment, please. It's Princeton.
他们想聊聊谢尔顿去哪里上研究生院的事
They want to talk about Sheldon going to grad school.
他们给什么好处
Ooh, what are they offering?
不知道啊 -学费全免吗
I don't know. - Full-ride?
我都说了不知道 -那你问啊
I said I don't know. - Well, ask 'em.
你先闭上嘴我才能问啊
I will if you'll shut up.
行吧 但建议你别用这语气
Okay, but I wouldn't use that tone.
我去应门 要记得 现金为王
I'll get it. Remember, cash is king.
"雷猴"啊
Well, howdy.
请问这里是库珀家吗
Is this the Cooper residence?
是的
It is.
我叫菲尔·兰伯特 来自斯坦福大学
Phil Lambert, Stanford University.
我正好经过梅德福
I was just passing through Medford
就想顺道过来聊聊您儿子的未来
and I would love to talk to you about your son's future.
请进 菲尔
Come on in, Phil.
玛丽
Hey, Mare,
跟普林斯顿的人说斯坦福的人顺道来了
tell Princeton, Stanford's passing through.
谢谢你特意跑一趟
Well, thanks for stopping by.
我本来是希望能见见谢尔顿
Well, I was kind of hoping I could meet Sheldon.
时机未到
All in good time.
你提供的条件里
We still got to whip some of the lumps
还有一些细节我们得再琢磨琢磨 保持联♥系♥
out of that offer of yours. We'll be in touch.
好
Okay.
琢磨琢磨吗
Whip some of the lumps?
现在重点是 谢尔顿天书一般的文章
Point is, Sheldon's gobbledygook article
引来了竞标战
got us a bidding war.
乔治 你对研究生院有什么了解吗
George, what do you know about grad school?
毫无了解 但我对招揽绩优选手有概念
Nothing, but I do know about recruiting blue chip talent.
学校们都想要他 而他在我们手里
These schools want him, and we got him.
他不是什么让人竞标的得奖小母牛
He's not a prize heifer to auction off.
玛丽 我们家有两个普通孩子 用聪明这个回本吧
Mary, we got two average kids. Let's cash in on the smart one.
你觉得我口音搞笑吗
Do you think I talk funny?
我妈又说什么了
What'd my mom say?
她让我说话更字正腔圆一些
Just that I should speak more proper.
你说话没问题 她应该少管闲事
You're fine, and she should mind her own business.
谢谢 她是担心丝丝说话像我
Thanks, 'cause she's all worried CeeCee's gonna sound like me.
怎么了
What?
没什么
Nothing.
话说回来
You know,
我当年去报气象时 曾经上过正音班
when I was a weather girl, I took some speech classes,
真的对我帮助不小呢
and they really seemed to help.
你以前也有我这种口音吗
Did you used to sound like me?
亲爱的 当然没有
Oh, sweetie, no.
九点钟方向 敌人接近
Incoming, nine o'clock.
希望两位还满意
Well, I hope you two are happy.
现在谢尔顿正被
Sheldon is being recruited
普林斯顿大学 斯坦福大学
by Princeton, by Stanford,
麻省理工 加州理工的人挖角
MIT, Caltech.
我们要失去他了 你们俩还无动于衷
We are losing him, and you two have done nothing.
我们俩能做什么啊
What can we do?
那些可是世界最顶尖的学府
Those are some of the best schools in the world.
我们研究生院也有很不错的物理系啊
We have a wonderful graduate program for physics.
其实...
Actually...
你是那个学系的系主任
You're the chair of the department.
是啊 我们系离不错还有十万八千里
Yes, and the program is far from wonderful.
话虽如此
That said,
我们学校的畜牧系可是首屈一指
our animal husbandry department is first-rate.
行
Fine.
我们还有其他招数可以用
We have other cards to play. Uh...
我们这里离家近 他也爱你们两个
we're near his family, and he loves you two--
天知道是因为什么
God knows why--
最重要的是
and most importantly,
他讨厌改变
he hates change.
有一次我换了止汗剂 他都逼我换回去
I changed deodorants once. He made me change it back.
因为他觉得我的香味太户外
Apparently, I smelled too outdoorsy.
好 听我说 我们已经迎合谢尔顿
All right, look, we-we've been catering to Sheldon
与他家人好多年了
and his family for years,
我们要把这些经验化为优势
so let's take advantage of what we know
用来将他留在我们东德州理工
and use it to keep him at East Texas Tech.
他的妈妈是虔诚信徒
His mother is very religious.
或许可以透露 加州理工是以撒旦教♥徒♥的钱起家的
Someone might mention Caltech was founded by a Satanist.
很好很好 等等 这是真的吗
Good, good. Wait-wait, is that true?
其实我不在乎真假 就用这招
Actually, I don't care. We're using it.
是真的 -再次强调 我不在乎
It is true. - And again, I don't care,
很好 还有什么招
So, what else we got?
加州交通那么繁忙 还有那么多高速
Eh, with all the freeways and traffic in California,
他会需要一辆车
he's gonna need a car.
乔治 他才14岁
George, he's 14.
有道理
Right.
他会需要一辆车与一名司机
He's gonna need a car and a driver.
我们可以安排
We can arrange that.
你们意下如何
So, what do you say?
斯蒂芬·霍金与谢尔顿·库珀在加州理工联手
Stephen Hawking and Sheldon Cooper together at Caltech?
感觉希望很大
It's very promising.
当然啦 我们有许多杰出校友
And of course, some of our alumni
比如前总统约翰·肯尼迪与富兰克林·罗斯福
include John Kennedy, Franklin Roosevelt,
还有最近刚上任的最高法♥院♥法官
newly appointed Supreme Court Justice
鲁思·金斯伯格
Ruth Bader Ginsburg.
好多民♥主♥党人啊
That's an awful lot of Democrats.
可是哈佛有很多杰出校友呢
Although Harvard did have some impressive alumni.
好几任总统
Bunch of presidents
还有最高法♥院♥的那女人
and that gal on the court.
我还以为你们UT大学幸运色是烧橙色
I thought U.T. was burnt orange?
不是 你说的那是德州大学
Oh, no, that's the University of Texas.
我们是多伦多大学 加油 真蓝队
We're the University of Toronto. Go, True Blue.
多伦多啊
Toronto?
没错 我们就相当于北方的哈佛
Yes, sir, we're the Harvard of the North, eh.
我想你该走了
Well, you should probably get going.
回家的路很远呢
Got a long trip ahead of you.
你说的我都挺喜欢
I like everything I'm hearing, but,
不过到头来还是要看谢尔顿他自己的选择
at the end of the day, this'll be Sheldon's choice.
当然 -稍等一下
Absolutely. - Hang on a sec.
我看到有工程系
I see an engineering department,
物理系 和计算机实验室
a physics department, computer lab.
但我没看到有教堂
What I don't see is a church.
别担心 我们有一座美丽的
Don't worry, we have a beautiful
剧集 | 小谢尔顿 | 导航列表