剧集 | 白屋农场(2020) | 导航列表
The difference being that Julie isn't telling the truth.
而我没有
I am.
你声称在谋杀发生的当晚
You claim you left a rifle out,
你留下了一把来♥复♥枪♥
in the scullery, fully loaded,
在洗碗槽那里 弹匣是满的
on the evening of the murders.
这难道不是一件非常愚蠢的事吗
Isn't that an incredibly foolish thing to do?
我当时心烦意乱
I was upset.
在听到我父母跟我姐姐说
After hearing what my parents were saying to my sister
要把孩子们送出去领养的事之后
about fostering out the boys.
马格福德小姐告诉我们枪是特意留下的
Miss Mugford tells us the gun was left out intentionally
-为谋杀做准备 -她撒谎
- in preparation for murder. - She's lying.
那天深夜
Later that night,
你说你父亲在家里打电♥话♥给你
you say your father phoned you, at home,
说你姐姐茜拉... 什么来着
told you your sister Sheila had... Where are we?
对
Yes.
发疯了
Gone berserk.
我不确定他的原话是什么
I can't be sure of his exact words.
但没错 差不多是这样
But yes, roughly that.
我们听说
As we've heard,
法医证据表明
forensic evidence suggests
他在下楼之前就已经受了重伤
that he was grievously injured before coming downstairs.
他打电♥话♥的时候声音听起来如何
How did he sound to you when he called?
我已经不记得他的音调是什么样了 但
I-I-I don't recall his exact inflection, but...
我觉得他的声音听起来很急促
..he sounded rushed, I suppose.
语速比平常要快
Speaking more quickly than normal.
除此之外
But beyond that,
就只是我的猜测了
I'd only be surmising if I added to it.
他的声音听起来是否像 打个比方
Did he sound, for example,
像嘴里已经中了两枪的感觉
like he'd been shot twice in the mouth?
我无法
I couldn't...
我无法确切地说他有没有受伤
I couldn't say specifically whether he'd been wounded or not.
就是
It was...
我 我认出了他的声音
I... I recognised his voice,
但除此之外 我...
but other than that, I just...
对不起
I'm sorry.
我不知道
I don't know.
然后你打给了切姆斯福德警局
You then rang Chelmsford police.
在电♥话♥簿上查了警局的电♥话♥
Looked the number up in the phone book.
是的 没错
Yes, that's right.
没想过直接拨999吗
Didn't think to simply dial 999?
尽管当时你父母有生命危险
Even though your parents were in mortal danger.
当时 感觉直接打本地警局的电♥话♥更好
At the time, the local police station seemed a better option.
你能先认真看看
Can I draw your attention to the phonebook
你用来打电♥话♥的电♥话♥簿吗
that you used to make that call?
你看到了什么 就在切姆斯福德警局的
What do you see there, in bold type,
电♥话♥号♥码下面 用粗体字写的
right underneath the number for Chelmsford police?
你可以大声读出来吗
Could you read it out?
"有紧急情况 请拨♥打♥999向警方求援"
"In an emergency, dial 999 and ask for the police."
"有紧急情况" 但你忽略了这条建议
"In an emergency." But you ignored that advice.
我真的不记得看到过这句话
I don't really remember seeing this.
当你的家人有危险时
When your family's in danger,
你不可能做出冷静 理性的决定
you don't tend to make calm, rational decisions.
你说你之后给你女朋友
You say you then rang your girlfriend,
朱莉·马格福德打过电♥话♥ 为什么
Julie Mugford. Why?
因为我需要一个善解人意的人听我倾诉
Because I needed a sympathetic ear.
即使时间那么紧迫
Even though time was of the essence?
即使你姐姐据称已经"发疯了"也要这样吗
Even though your sister had allegedly "gone berserk"?
我觉得我当时是害怕家人受到伤害
I suppose I was afraid my family would be hurt.
-我父母... -你恨他们
- My parents... - Whom you hated.
我不恨他们
I did not.
但你还是跟很多人说过你恨他们
Yet you told many people that you hated them.
你想让他们死
That you wanted them dead.
我从没说过那种话
I've never said any such thing.
如果这不是真的 为什么人们会这么说
Why would people say it if it wasn't true?
我不了解朱莉的感受
I can't comment on Julie's feelings.
我不是她肚子里的蛔虫
I wasn't inside her head.
但我觉得她确实爱过我
But I suppose she did love me.
而且我对她不忠
And I'd been unfaithful.
于是她嫉妒 愤怒
And she was jealous, angry.
我告诉你另一种 更简单的解释
I'll offer you another, simpler explanation.
就是撒谎的那个人是你
And that's that you're the one who's lying.
朱莉是个骗子 可怕的骗子
Julie's the liar. A dreadful liar.
我不是可怕的骗子
I'm not a dreadful liar.
关于你父亲打来的这个电♥话♥ 你父母的事
This phone call from your father, your parents or
还有他碰巧留下了一把来♥复♥枪♥的事
his business about accidentally leaving a rifle out.
你说的没有一句实话
You're not telling the truth about any of it!
是吗 班伯先生
Are you, Mr Bamber?!
好吧 这是你要努力构建的事实
Well, that's what you've got to try and establish.
在这个案子中
In this case,
我们忽略掉那些幻想的场景
we can forget fanciful scenarios
包括神秘的入侵者和不知名的刺客
involving mysterious intruders, or unknown assassins.
基本上就只剩下两个选项了
This is very much a two-horse race.
茜拉·卡菲尔
Sheila Caffell
和她的弟弟 被告 杰里米·班伯
and her brother, the accused, Jeremy Bamber.
他声称在谋杀案发生的当晚
He claims he received a phone call
接到了他父亲打来的电♥话♥
on the night of the murders, from his father,
说他的姐姐 茜拉
who told him his sister, Sheila,
拿着枪横冲直撞
was running amok with a gun.
那如果纳威·班伯真的打了那个电♥话♥
Now, if Nevill Bamber truly made that call...
如果被告关于那件事的说法是真的
If the defendant is telling the truth about that...
那我们只能断定茜拉就是凶手
..then we must conclude that Sheila committed the murders.
如果 反过来说
If, on the other hand,
杰里米·班伯没接到过那个电♥话♥
Jeremy Bamber never received that call...
他在说谎
..that's a lie.
而且我们已经听到了大量的证据表明
And we've heard a great deal of evidence
他肯定在说谎
suggesting that it must be.
那他就是凶手
Then he is the killer.
因为他会说那些谎话的原因
Because there's only one reason
只有一个
why he would lie about something like that.
你们相信他的话吗
So, do you believe his account?
尽管那么不可思议
With all its implausibilities.
还是你们倾向于相信朱莉·马格福德
Or do you prefer to believe Julie Mugford?
这位证人向我们详细描述了
A witness who has given us chapter and verse
被告如何以及为什么犯下了如此可怕的罪行
about how and why the defendant committed this horrible crime.
这位证人从来到警局那一刻起就一口咬定
A witness who has never wavered in her astonishing story,
她那惊人的故事 从未改变过
from the moment she came to police.
只要你好好考虑过两个故事
Once you consider both stories,
包括支持它们或者
and the evidence that supports,
跟它们有矛盾的所有证据
or contradicts them,
就只剩下一个选项了
there's only one option.
一个迫使你不得不选
An option which forces itself upon you,
没有任何合理怀疑的选项
beyond any reasonable doubt.
这个选项就是杰里米·班伯有罪
And that option is to convict Jeremy Bamber.
里夫林先生
Mr Rivlin.
此案中
This is a case in which
人与人之间的关系过于复杂
there is little lacking in terms of human drama.
但却缺少了重要的一点
But there is one important thing missing.
那就是证据
And that is proof.
警♥察♥对犯罪现场的处理简直是一塌糊涂
The crime scene was hopelessly mishandled by the police.
针对班伯先生的法医证据
The forensic evidence against Mr. Bamber
要么模棱两可 要么不可靠
is either ambiguous, or unreliable.
那家人在消音器里发现的血迹
The blood in the silencer found by the family
最终尚未能证明是茜拉·卡菲尔的血迹
has not been conclusively proven to be Sheila Caffell's blood.
控方没有拿出证据
And instead of proof,
仅仅依靠的是朱莉·马格福德的证词
the prosecution has relied on the word of Julie Mugford.
她是班伯先生抛弃的旧情人
Mr. Bamber's jilted ex-lover.
她一直用眼泪攻势左右我们
She has been free to manipulate us with her weeping,
而如果班伯先生也哭诉
while Mr. Bamber would be accused
就会被人指责是在装腔作势
of crocodile tears if he cried,
但如果不哭诉 又会被人指责冷血无情
or of being cold-blooded if he did not.
她小心翼翼地
剧集 | 白屋农场(2020) | 导航列表