剧集 | 巅峰拍档(2002) | 导航列表
这对于我来说 可谓是惊心动魄
Which for me, at least, was a bit alarming.
天呐 看这路
Oh, God. Look at that road now.
我没刹车 一点都没有
No brakes, no brakes.
如果你制动彻底报废 还怎么混
If your brakes went entirely would you stay with it
修车还是跳车
and hope you could sort it out or would you bail out?
不瞒你说 我现在正想这事
I'm actually sitting here planning that very thing.
我已经准备好跳车了
I've planned my bailout already.
我练了好几遍抓门把手的动作
I've even practised lunging for the door handle.
我现在都能想象出詹姆斯
I've got an image of James punching his lorry all
在坠崖时在车里挣扎的画面
the way down the slopes as they fell.
出乎意料的是 我们都安全下山
Amazingly, we all made it to the bottom of the mountain in one piece.
基本安全
Nearly.
现在我们离缅泰边境只剩下60多公里了
And now we were only 40 miles from the Thai border.
就是这里 我们正离开缅♥甸♥
Oh, this is it. We are about to leave Burma.
我会怀念她的
I'm gonna miss it.
不久我们跨过边境进入了泰国
Soon we cross the border into Thailand and this meant
这也意味着我们离终点桂河只有30公里了
we were now just 19 miles from our finishing line at the River Kwai.
30公里完好的铺装道路
19 miles of easy-going on smooth roads.
啊 哈蒙德 你的轮胎
Oh, it's hammered your tyre! Your tyre is...
你轮胎爆了 哥们
It's detonating, mate.
很难跟你解释
It's hard to explain to you...
我不会放弃 不会停车 少个轮子能怎样
I'm not giving up. I'm not stopping. How many wheels do I need?
幸运的是 我剩下的胎没爆 随着夜幕降临
Happily, the rest of my tyres stayed inflated and as darkness fell...
我们终于到达了终点
..we finally reached our destination.
我们觉得桂河就在身边
I believe we are at the River Kwai.
各位 我的起重机还在
The crane is here, everybody.
虽然载着它的是一辆破车 随便啦
It's bolted onto a BLEEP lorry but never mind that.
我脑袋已经麻木了
My brain is frazzled.
现在满身是汗
Oh I'm sweating here
我再也不想听这卡车爬坡时发出各种怪声
and I don't wanna listen to the lorry struggling and screaming and straining to climb another hill.
我这个世纪都不想起床了
I am going to sleep for 1,000 years.
我脊椎有没有从头顶捅出来
Has my spine come out of the top of my head?
我都看不见 因为我的眼珠晃丢了
I can't see because my eyes have been shaken loose.
我觉得我的胯脱臼了
I think my pelvis has moved around in my body.
-不奇怪 就你那破车 -都不能动了
I'm not surprised in your lorry. It doesn't work.
你的踏板都是错位的 你的也是
Cause your pedals are all different. You've got that haven't you
松离合要这样
Releasing the clutch is that.
每次都搞得我跟入了共济会似的
It's like a Masonic dance thing that I have to do every time.
你知道健身房♥那种天杀的力量盘么
You know those power plates in gyms that make you stupid?
我现在有严重的心理阴影
There's also a psychological thing,
每次听到柴油机启动的声音就会神经过敏
every time I hear a diesel engine start I have a nervous twitch.
还有手动变速箱 什么
Manual gearboxes. What?
你已经让我痛不欲生了
You have ruined me and my life.
换挡杆离我太远
The gearbox is too far...
当年战犯是步行去桂河造桥
"The Prisoners Of War walked to their bridge site,
你们还开着车就别抱怨了
"you have driven here so shut up."
-造桥工作明早五点准时开始 -什么
"Work on the bridge starts at 0500." What?!
而且只有三辆卡车全部通过桥体
"0500 and you can't go home
你们才能回家
"until all three lorries have driven over it."
-早上五点 -有意义么 我们又不是在打仗
0500. What's the point? We're not actually still in the war.
-为什么非要那么早 -不就是一条小河嘛
What's the point of 0500? It will only be a little river.
第二天早上五点 过了十一分钟
The next morning at precisely 0500.. and 11,
我们发现了自己的无知
we discovered just how wrong we were.
它比我想象的宽多了
It is much wider than I thought it was going to be.
-我以为就一水沟 -我也是 -实际却宽一百倍
I thought it would be a comedic gully. I did. It's 100 times wider.
我们需要造一座60米长的桥
We were going to need a 60m bridge
所以詹姆斯负责去做计划
so James went off to make plans
而哈蒙德和我则决定去测水深
and Hammond and I decided to measure the depth of the water.
呃 我说的是我们俩
Well, when I say Hammond and I...
水已经很深了
I'm approaching plumb depth.
进入深水区 啊
Ah! Broach the plumb... Oh! Ah!
这水怎么这么凉
It's ever so cold.
我不想干这活
I hate my job!
你见过亚力克·基尼斯在桂河大桥里喊
In Bridge On The River Kwai did Alec Guinness go,
这水怎么这么凉么
"Oh, it's ever so cold!"
真下水的时候他肯定也这反应
I bet he did in reality. Oh! I bet he did in reality.
这时 我的同事不幸被水流冲走了
Oh! Sadly, at this point my colleague was carried away by the current.
慢慢游
Swim, man!
我游着呢
I am!
你是全世界最烂的泳将
You're the weakest swimmer in the world.
鉴于他提供不了任何有价值的信息
And since he was providing no useful feedback,
我只好去检查詹姆斯的计划
I went to check on James's plans.
我是这么想的
This is what I was thinking.
两边是河岸
The bank goes down at each side obviously,
我们用成筐的石头先做个平台
we build up the approach area with these baskets of stones,
然后用竹子来做些直立的桥墩
make vertical piles out of bamboo like this, these longerons
这些我管它叫桥面 是用竹子绑在一起的
I'm calling them, they are bamboo lashed together,
这样横在上面
these will go this way...
为车轮搭两溜 中间不用铺
Two tracks for the wheels, the rest is immaterial
然后上面再搞个这样的结构
and then a superstructure like this
增加承重
all adding strength.
你知道 就跟电影里面那个一样
You know the sort of thing so that it looks a bit like the film.
总而言之我们得先有石头
Basically we need to start with rocks
然后搞点铁丝网做盒子把它们装进去
and some wire mesh to make boxes to put them in.
上哪去弄石头
Where are we getting rocks from?
那归你管 你的是翻斗卡车
That's your job because you have the tipper lorry.
我开始着手做铁丝网盒子
I set about making the wire mesh baskets,
顺便清空了杰里米的翻斗
freed up the space in Jeremy's cargo bay...
梅 我跟你没完
May, you imbecile!
当哈蒙德回来的时候
And when Hammond finally returned,
我让他俩一块去附近的采石场拉石头
I sent them both off to a nearby quarry to get the rocks.
把石头往这车的前一放
You've put them in the front of this one.
对 尽量往前放
Yeah, stick them in the front.
剩下的放这边
Let's have these ones here.
杰里米 你能搭把手么
Jeremy... Are you going to do anything?
要干嘛 帮着装车啊 他不是在装嘛
What can I do? Load the trucks. He's loading them!
石头装好了以后 杰里米终于起床了
With the trucks loaded, Jeremy finally got off his backside
但随即就开始对我大吼
and immediately started to shout at me.
哈蒙德 你个白♥痴♥
Hammond! You idiot.
怎么了
What?
你给我装了400吨♥石头 车陷下去了
You put about 400 tonnes of rocks and it is stuck.
我专门把你叫醒 让你帮忙装车
I woke you to say are you going to help with the loading?
你的原话是 有人装就行了
Your words were, "There's the man doing!"
你不管我也没办法
That's exactly the kind of issue you should have been awake for.
我怎么知道你车载重多少 没概念
How do I know what your load is? I don't know.
现在唯一的办法就是倒一些石头出来
The only solution was to tip some of the rocks out.
哦 不 不
Oh, no, no, no!
天呐 这可有的瞧了 你看
Oh, my. That's a remarkable accident. Look...
不要啊
Oh, jeez, no.
你的挡风玻璃都掉下来了
Your windscreen has come out.
这简直就是灾难啊
This is a *** disaster now
开起来倒挺凉快
The breeze will be nice(!)
不出意料的是
Predictably, when we got back,
詹姆斯对我表达了满满的同情
James was overflowing with sympathy.
-你是用头撞的吗 -是这样的...
Did you head-butt it? But look...
理查德和詹姆斯开始亲手动卸车
Richard and James began to load their basket by hand.
这石头可够沉的
Oh, that's a big rock.
但人和动物的区别在于 人会使用工具
But I'm allergic to manual labour so I used horsepower instead.
随后我就进城采购晚饭去了
And then I went into town to buy supper.
这是西葫芦吗
Is this a marrow?
啥 这是
A...? Name...
这是 这里居然这么叫 我原以为这是西葫芦
This is... Crikey, is it? I thought it was a marrow.
长见识了吧 在泰国西葫芦叫 对就叫那个
That's something you learn. In Thailand, the word for... Yes, that.
西葫芦就叫 那个
That's the word for marrow.
回工地的时候 我招募了一群当地民工随我一起
When I returned, I brought with me a gang of local labourers.
你都做了什么
What are you doing?
我们是不可能独♥立♥建成这座桥的好吗
There's no way we're going to be able to build this bridge by ourselves, let's be reasonable.
他说的没错 哈蒙德
He's right, Hammond.
单靠咱们俩是不可能完成的
You and I are not going to be able to build this bridge by ourselves.
-他要还这德行肯定没戏 -拜托 长官不干活好吗
I know. Which is the way is was go. Hello, officers won't work.
剧集 | 巅峰拍档(2002) | 导航列表