剧集 | 直至世界尽头(2005) | 导航列表
Come in.
啊 塔尔伯特先生 请进 请进
Ah, Mr.Talbot. Come in, come in.
抱歉不能
I must apologize to you for not
到门口迎接
meeting you at the threshold.
你看我给这小园子绊住了
You've caught me in my garden.
没想到你还有 一片私人乐园啊 上校
I did not realize you had a private paradise, Captain.
是啊
Indeed, yes.
瞧瞧这株天竺葵 塔尔伯特先生
This geranium you see, Mr.Talbot.
叶子生了点病
has some disease of the leaf.
我撒了点硫磺粉
And I dusted it with the flours of sulfur
不过毫无起色
but to no effect.
它们肯定要死了
I shall lose it, no doubt.
不过 先生
But then, sir,
在海上种植花草就得习惯这些
He who gardens at sea must accustom himself to loss.
我第一次奉命出航时
On my first voyage in command
所有的植物都死了
I lost my whole collection.
因为敌人的炮火太猛烈吗 先生
Through the violence of the enemy, sir?
不 先生 不是的 先生
No, sir. No, sir.
是因为罕见的鬼天气
To the uncommon nature of the weather
一连数周都无风无雨
which held us, for weeks without either wind or rain.
我没法给我的植物浇水
I could not have served water to my plants.
船上差点就暴♥动♥了
There would have been mutiny.
不过 死一棵植物没什么大不了的
Still, the loss of one plant is no great matter.
而且等到了悉尼湾 你可以再换株新的
Besides, you may exchange it for another at Sydney Cove
长路漫漫 到达目的地尚需时日
We are a long way and a long time from our destination,
塔尔伯特先生
Mr.Talbot.
我们还是处理手头的麻烦吧
Shall we get on with the matter in hand?
科莱先生喝了点朗姆酒
Mr.Colley agreed to a taste of rum.
说是本着什么精神
He said it was in the spirit of something.
和解
Reconciliation?
我想应该是这个词 先生
I think that was the word he used, sir.
之前你在干什么呢
What were you doing before it?
主锚的缆索快松了
The cable to the bower anchor was to be rousted out
来回晃个不停
and walked end to end.
检查完毕后 我就回来汇报情况
Having finished my inspection, I was coming to report.
我待了会儿
I stayed a while,
还从未见过哪个牧师那副德性
having never seen a parson in that state before.
然后呢
And then?
然后我前去报告萨默斯中尉
I proceeded aft to inform Lt Summers
不过康伯逊先生给了我一瓶
but I've been given a bottle by Mr.Cumbershum.
非常感谢 威利斯先生
Thank you very much, Mr.Willis.
没你什么事了
That is all.
可是关瓶子什么事
But what has a bottle got...
"瓶子"就是训斥的意思 先生
A 'bottle' is a rebuke, sir.
我们继续
Now,let's get on.
我们听到的笑声和掌声是怎么回事 伊斯特先生
The laughter and applause we heard, Mr.East?
是科莱牧师
Was when the Reverend Colley
和水手们聊天的时候
exchanged words with the seamen.
在他喝醉以后
After he'd been drinking?
酒后他更健谈
He was more sociable after the rum.
水手们把他带下去后
I didn't see him again,
我就再没见到过他
not after the seamen took him down amongst the ropes.
我陪着妻子 她流产了
I was with me wife. she had suffered a miscarriage.
谢谢你 伊斯特先生
Thank you, Mr.East.
事实上最清楚
Surely the men most likely to enlighten
科莱喝了多少酒的人
us on how much Colley had drunk
就是那些把他带回甲板上的家伙
would be the fellows that brought him back on deck.
我已经命令他们过来了
I've ordered them to attend.
不过 告密人建议我
However, my informant advises me that
对接下来这位态度强硬点
this next witness we should press.
告密人 告什么密
Informant? Informant on what?
我们在这儿是要搞清楚
We are here to establish
牧师是怎么死的 先生
the cause of Mr.Colley's death, sir.
难道你忘了
Or had you forgotten the agenda?
我没有 上校
I had not, Captain,
但是我认为我们现在的行为就是人们所谓的
but I believe we are doing what you gentlemen call
小题大作
'making heavy weather of it'.
科莱牧师被灌醉了
The Parson Colley was made drunk
这算不上什么真的罪过
which isn't exactly a crime.
我们就不能承认
Can we not confess that
不是纵酒害死了他
his intemperance that killed him but rather our
而是我们的不闻不问
general indifference to his welfare was,
多半才是害死他的原因吗
likely enough, the cause of it?
-不闻不问 先生 -纵酒 长官
-Indifference,sir? -Intemperance, sir.
等一下 萨默斯
One moment, Summers!
塔尔伯特先生 我忽略掉你奇怪的措辞
Mr.Talbot, I pass over your odd phrase,
我们大家的不闻不问
'our general indifference'.
可你真的认为
But do you really think
仅仅醉次酒就足以
a single bout of drinking is enough...
-这是你自己说的 -那是昨天
-But you said as much yourself! -That was yesterday.
牧师极有可能在醉得不醒人事时
It is likely enough that the parson, helplessly drunk,
被一个或者天知道
suffered a criminal assault
多少个男人强♥奸♥过
by one or God knows how many men.
-我的天哪 -我实话实说 先生
-Good God! -I will have no concealment, sir.
我也不会容忍♥
Nor will I tolerate any frivolous accusations
任何叽歪 关于我的领导方式
which touch me myself in my conduct of the ship.
或我对船上乘客的态度
Or in my attitude to the passengers in her.
我有个建议 长官
I have made a submission, sir.
要是你觉得我僭越了 请原谅
I beg your pardon if you find it beyond my line of duty
无妨 萨默斯先生
Very well, Mr.Summers.
我们继续吧
Let us get on.
肯定没人会承认做过这样一件
Surely no man would confess to such a...
你太年轻了 塔尔伯特先生
You are young, Mr.Talbot.
你根本想不到 这样一条船上
You cannot guess what channels of information
有着怎样的信息渠道
there are in a ship such as this.
渠道 告密人
Channels? Informants?
萨默斯先生跟我说
Mr.Summers tells me
你会些盘问技能
you claim some skill in cross-examination.
-他说的 -嗯
-Did he? -Hmm.
-我有吗 -你的证人来了 先生
-Did I? -Your witness, sir.
老兄 现在请告诉我你的名字
Now, my good man, your name if you please.
比利罗杰斯 大人 前桅楼干活的
Billy Rogers, my lord. Foretop man.
我们想从你那儿打听点消息 罗杰斯
We want some information from you, Rogers.
我们想知道前几天
We want to know in precise detail
那位先生到你们那去时的
what happened when the gentleman came
详细情况
among you the other day.
-哪位先生 大人 -牧师
-What gentleman, my lord? -The parson!
科莱牧师 这位先生现在已经去世了
The Reverend Colley. The gentleman who is now dead.
他喝得太多了 大人
He had a drop too much, my lord.
都有些受不住了
He was overcome, like...
那他有没有被侵犯
Then he was not assaulted?
侵犯 大人
Assaulted, my lord?
请允许我 大人
With you permission... my lord...
科莱先生在前甲板舱遭到了侵犯
Mr.Colley suffered an outrage in the forecastle.
谁干的
Who did it?
希望你别太惊讶
Would it surprise you to know that
我们怀疑
you yourself are suspected of
是你干的
this particular kind of assault?
我什么都不知道 上校 对不起 一无所知
I know nothing, Captain Sorry. Nothing at all.
得了吧 罗杰斯 有人看到你和牧师在一起
Come Rogers. You were seen with the parson.
你对他做了什么
What did you sailors do to him?
我们做了什么 大人
What did we do, my lord ?
鸡♥奸♥ 罗杰斯
Buggery, Rogers.
鸡♥奸♥
Buggery!
如果你是无辜的
If you are innocent,
那你也许能帮我们把罪魁祸首绳之以法
then you may help us by bringing the criminals to book.
至少你能提供
At the very least you can provide us
一个名单
with a list of those you suspect
列举出那些你怀疑可能有这种特殊癖好的
capable of this particular form of...
禽兽
beastliness.
-我们要名字 -是 是 长官
剧集 | 直至世界尽头(2005) | 导航列表