剧集 | 直至世界尽头(2005) | 导航列表
Mr.Colley's in the forecastle,
喝得烂醉如泥
as drunk as the butcher's boots.
少说两句 先生 不然我把你挂到桅杆上
Get below, sir, or I'll masthead you.
他们在嘲笑我们 先生
They are laughing at us, sir.
长官
Sir.
长官
Sir?
通知牧师他必须马上回自己房♥间
Inform the parson he must return to his cabin at once.
威利斯先生
Mr.Willis!
通知牧师他必须马上回自己房♥间
Inform the parson he must return to his cabin at once.
发生什么了
What's happening?
快活 快活 快活
Joy! Joy! Joy!
圣父与圣子的祝福
The blessing of God the Father Almighty God the Son
将永远与你们同在
and God the Holy Ghost be with you and remain with you always!
威利斯
Willis
别这样
No
这是我们航行的第51天
This is the 51st day of our voyage.
我觉得
I think...
又一次的 也许并非如此
And then again, perhaps it is not.
我没了数日子的兴趣
I've lost interest in the calendar
连旅行的兴奋劲儿也过了
and almost in the voyage too.
我开始变得无精打采
I have felt a lethargy.
无事可做 除了去甲板散步
It has been little to do than walk the deck
或者同任何愿意的人喝上一杯
and drink with anyone who will.
唯一能让您觉得有趣点的是
I have little to amuse your lordship at present.
我开始躲着布洛克班克小姐
I have avoided Miss Brocklebank
她在阳光下很耀眼 但却让我反胃
who glows in this heat so as to almost turn a man's stomach.
我敢肯定戴维勒跟她有一腿
I'm sure that Deverel has had to do with her.
恐怕这个男人会阴沟里翻船
I fear that a man might well suffer shipwreck on that coast.
然而 最有趣的事情 莫过于牧师的行为
What is of some interest, however,is the behaviour,
或者说是他的销声匿迹
or lack of it of the parson Colley.
事实上 自从他上次喝醉以来
The fact is that since the fellow's fall
就再没有离开过自己的房♥间一步
he has not left his cabin.
自他大醉以来已经过去4天了
Four days have now passed since his drunkenness.
进来
Come!
什么事 威勒
What is it, Wheeler?
萨默斯中尉想知道您有没有去探望过科莱先生
Lieutenant Summers was inquiring if you have called on Mr.Colley.
我没有去看他的打算
I've no intention of calling on Mr.Colley,
想都没这样想过
it's the thing furthest from my mind.
萨默斯中尉想让您作为全船的代表
Lt Summers believes a visit from you
去问候一下
would send a message to the rest of the ship.
因为整条船上您的地位最尊贵
Seeing as no other passenger carries your authority.
牧师是不是病了
Is the parson unwell?
很难说 先生
Hard to say, sir.
只能说还有气儿
You can still make out that the gentleman is breathing.
知道了 威勒 我会去看望下科莱先生的
Very well, Wheeler. I shall pay a visit to Mr.Colley.
希望我不要被病房♥内的一片狼藉恶心到
but I do not wish to be offended by the sights and smells of a sickroom.
当然不会 先生
Of course not, sir.
-天啊 -我已经尽力了 先生
-Good God! -I've done my best, sir.
科莱先生
Mr.Colley.
科莱先生 是我 艾德蒙 塔尔伯特
Mr.Colley, it is I, Edmund Talbot.
没人为过去的事情责怪你 先生
No one blames you for what happened, sir.
生活并不是件容易的事儿
Life has not been made... easy for you.
但是这不是过活的办法
But this is not the way to behave.
这样不行 科莱先生
This is not good enough, Mr.Colley.
我来看你了 先生
I have called upon you, sir.
希望能和你增进友谊
I desire further acquaintance with you.
这样吧 先生
Well, sir.
等你好一点的时候 请来回访我
When you are in a better humour, pray call on me.
塔尔伯特先生
Mr.Talbot.
萨默斯先生
Mr.Summers.
我已经完成了你善心交予我的任务
I've discharged those responsibilities you were so kind to bring to my attention
但我得说 收效甚微
with little success, I have to report.
那人已经疯了 我受够了
The man made a beast of himself and now I am weary of the subject.
我也亲自去他的房♥间看过了
I have entered the cabin and seen for myself.
真稀奇你竟然还吃得下东西 那臭味简直是
Then I shall marvel if you can eat after it. The stink alone
塔尔伯特先生 这艘船上没有医生
Mr.Talbot. We have no physician onboard.
而且那个牧师病得很重
And I believe the parson is mortally sick.
他年轻力壮 没什么大事 就是喝高了而已
The man is young and suffering from no more than overindulgence in liquor.
真是这样吗 塔尔伯特先生
Is that all, Mr.Talbot?
你打算也和别人一样 让他自生自灭
Are you as indifferent to the man's fate as others are?
我不是这艘船上管事的
I am not an officer on this ship.
但你更能帮上忙 先生
The more able to help, sir.
我能坦白的问一句吗?
I may speak to you freely, may I not?
那么
Well then.
人们是怎么对牧师的
How has the man been treated?
他先是被某个人当做眼中钉
First he was the object of one man's specific dislike.
然后又由于大家的漠然而受到轻视
Then the object of general indifference leading to contempt
甚至最近还闹了一场笑话
Even before his latest... escapade.
我现在说的话可能会毁了我自己 如果我看错了你的话
What I say now may well ruin me if I misjudged your character.
我的品格 你在研究我的品格 先生
My character? You have been studying my character, sir?
我们知道你的出身 你未来的地位
We know your birth, your prospective position.
人们都奉承你 寄希望
Men and women will flatter you and hope...
-神呐 -等等 等等 你误会我了 塔尔伯特先生
-God! -Wait, wait! Understand me, Mr.Talbot!
我不是在抱怨
I do not complain.
你已经使用过你的特权地位了
You have exercised your privileged position.
现在我请你担负起义务
Now I'm asking you to shoulder its responsibility.
谁该为牧师现在的状况负责
Who is responsible for the parson's state?
见鬼 当然是他自己
Devil take it, man! Himself!
好了 萨默斯 咱们别绕弯子了
Very well, Summers, let us not mince round the truth
有话直说
like a pair of church spinsters.
你想让我负责 是吗
You are going to spread the responsibility, are you not?
除了把上校和我拖下水 还有谁
You will include the captain and I agree. Who else?
戴维勒 还是你自己
Deverel? Yourself?
右舷看守 或者干脆全世界
The starboard watch? The world?
你 先生 才是最应该负责的人
You, sir, are the man most responsible.
什么
What?!
我的事业现在比和法国人打仗的时候还危险
My career is now in far more danger than from the French.
再怎么说 他们也就能打打杀杀或者
They, after all, could do no more than kill or maim
你觉得我是有多恶毒 多卑劣
How mean, how vindictive do you think I am?!
你前途无忧 现在给我把话说清楚
Your precious career is safe. Now explain your words!
你无视上校的命令 上了后甲板
You ignored the captain's orders and ventured upon the quarterdeck.
你利用你的地位 撼动了
You made good use of your rank to strike a blow at the very foundations
上校的权威
of a captain of his own ship.
因为你的地位 你的前程 你的人脉 你不会受到惩罚
Because of your rank, your prospects, your connections you got away with it.
然而牧师就没这么幸运了 先生
The parson, sir, could not be so fortunate.
如果科莱读了上校的公告
If Colley had read the captain's Standing Orders...
你和他一样也是个乘客 你读了吗
You are a passenger as he is, did you read them?
如果不是你登上甲板去炫耀你阶级的优越感
Had you not acted as you did, with the arrogance of your class
科莱先生就不会误以为自己也有同样的自♥由♥
then Mr Colley would have not assumed the liberty of himself
登上后甲板
venturing upon the quarterdeck.
上校拿牧师出气 先生
The captain humiliated the parson, sir,
是因为他不能拿你怎么样
because he could not humiliate you.
你说够了吧
You've said enough.
希望如此
I hope so
一个人不会因为喝醉了酒就蒙羞致死
A man does not want to die of shame because he got drunk.
对科莱先生最好的治疗 就是上校的探病
The best medicine for Mr Colley would be a visit from the captain.
而我们当中只有一个人有这种影响力
And there is only one man amongst us with sufficient influence
足以说动上校
to bring the captain to such an action.
多好的傍晚啊 塔尔伯特先生
A fine evening for you, Mr Talbot.
的确 先生
Indeed it is, sir.
在这个纬度区我们的航速也还是没变吗
Do we make as much progress as is common in these latitudes?
我想也许平均每小时能快上一海里 在未来的一到两天里
I doubt we shall achieve more than an average of a knot over the next day or two.
每天24海里
24 sea miles a day.
正是如此 先生
Just so, sir.
我得承认这些地方的确让人心旷神怡
I must confess to finding these latitudes agreeable.
如果能让把不列颠扩张到世界的这个区域
Could we but tow the British Isles to this part of the world,
多少社会问题都能迎刃而解啊
how many of our social problems would be solved!
芒果就这么掉进我们口中了
The mango would fall in our mouths.
你的见解真独特 先生
You have a quaint notion there, sir.
你是说包括爱尔兰吗
Do you mean to include Ireland?
不 先生
剧集 | 直至世界尽头(2005) | 导航列表