剧集 | 直至世界尽头(2005) | 导航列表
之后又按要求锯改
And sawn off as required.
构造缺陷在战舰上太常见了
Building defects are way too common in warships.
据说造船用的铜材被有些人贪污了
They say the copper to lie in someone's pocket.
竟有人做这种事
Can men do such things?
我们觉得船已经不堪重负了
We feel she moves too much.
我们的前桅不能用
We cannot use the foremast
因此
and, as a consequence,
我们也不能用后桅
we cannot use the mizzenmast either.
那 都没用了
All is lost, then?
自然的力量是不可抗拒的
By obedience to the forces of nature
所以我们只可能智取了
we may just... outwit them.
这会是段漫长的旅程 塔尔伯特先生
It will be a long voyage, Mr.Talbot.
我们会沉吗
And we may sink?
我能信任你吗
I can trust you?
那好 我们可能会沉
Then yes. We may sink.
现在 你愿意
Now... are you willing to
我不会说这是欺骗 而是
I will not say to lie but to...
降低一下当前状况的严重性
play down the seriousness of our situation
鉴于乘客们这么关心
as far as the passengers are concerned?
见鬼去吧 我要怎么跟他们说
Devil take it, man! What am I to say to them?
如果跟她们说我们到不了
If I say to them we will not reach the
南美或非洲
coast of South America or Africa
他们会马上往最坏的方向想
they will rightly fear the worst!
这太棘手了
It is a difficulty...
中尉的意思是 塔尔伯特先生
What the First Lieutenant means, Mr.Talbot,
你应该含糊其辞一些
is that you should darken counsel a little
并且跟他们保证一切都会好起来的
and rely only on assuring them that all will be well
我们在这种的境况下才能全力以赴
and that we do the best in the circumstances.
振作 塔尔伯特先生
Come, Mr.Talbot.
我们今天沉不了 明天也不会
We may not sink today and we may not sink tomorrow.
上帝保佑的话 永远都不会沉
God willing, we may never sink at all.
委员会的人呢
Where's the committee?
他们受不了这种晃动
The movement is too much for them.
我个子小体重轻
I'm small and light.
才不会被甩的那么严重
I do not get flung about so much.
你跟萨默斯先生说了吗
You have spoken with Mr.Summers?
船没什么危险
The ship is in no danger.
你知道的 派克先生
The wind, as you know, Mr.Pike,
风总是很变换无常
has a habit of changing.
我肯定要不了多久 我们就会发现自己
I m sure, before long, we will find ourselves
像坐马车一样轻松了
riding as easy as in a postchaise.
你介意我叫你艾德吗
Do you mind if I call you Ed?
或者艾迪
Or Eddie?
你可以叫我艾德蒙 在这种
You may address me as Edmund in this em..
我们自知的情况下
situation in which we find ourselves.
你知道吗 艾德蒙
You know, Edmund,
我宁愿坐这和你聊天
I prefer sitting here talking with you,
也不想和家人呆在一块
than being with my own family.
我知道这想法相当相当糟糕 但
This is quite, quite dreadful, I know, but...
过不一会儿我就受不了了
after a while I simply cannot stand it!
不管我有多焦虑
No matter how anxious I am.
无论我有多爱他们
How much I love them...
焦虑 为了什么
Anxious? What on earth for?
呃 我夫人似乎总觉得我能有办法
Well, Mrs.Pike seems to think I can do something.
就是 实话告诉你吧
Which, to tell you the truth,
这就是我还坐在这儿的原因
is why I m here.
哦
Ah...
可我什么都做不了
I cannot!
这太痛苦了
That hurts more than anything.
你应该觉得那是对你的信任啊 呃 迪克先生
You should find her faith in you flattering, Mr.Dick.
你曾说我们的孩子们对法国人来说还太小
You said our children were too young for the French,
但上帝不嫌他们小
but they are not too young for our Lord.
如果他们在我手上出了意外
If they should slip through my hands...
在 在这么个鬼地方
in... in this devilish place...
这么个荒凉的
... this desert...
好了 迪克 冷静
Come, Dick, pull yourself together!
对不起 我不能让他们淹死
I'm sorry. I couldn't leave them to sink.
不能死在这
Not here!
别哭哭啼啼了 伙计
Stop blubbering, man!
别人会觉得你是个娘们儿
Anyone would think you was a girl!
该死
Curse it!
我 我是说
I mean... I...
塔尔伯特先生
Mr.Talbot.
普莱提曼先生想 和你谈谈
Mr.Prettiman has requested to speak with you.
我吗 夫人 为什
Me, ma'am? What...
他说是私事
He says it is a private matter.
现在方便吗
Is the time convenient?
当然 夫人 悉听尊便
Of course, ma'am. Whenever you wish.
阿洛伊修斯
Aloysius?
塔尔伯特先生 看你来了
It is Mr.Talbot, come to see you.
利蒂西娅
Letitia?
是我 艾德蒙 塔尔伯特 先生
It is I, Edmund Talbot, sir.
格莱汉姆小姐就在外面
Miss Granham has stepped outside.
她好像说 你想和我谈谈
She seemed to think you wish to talk to me,
不知我为何
though what have I done to
能有这个荣幸
deserve such an unexpected honour?
坐吧 孩子 请坐
Sit down, boy. Sit down.
你知道格莱汉姆小姐和我
You're aware that Miss Granham and I...
啊
Arrgh!
我确实知道 其他人一样
I am aware, as is everybody,
那位女士同意了你的求婚
that the lady has
让你成了世上最幸福的男人
consented to make you the happiest of men.
别拐弯抹角了
Don't spout out that nonsense.
她同意嫁给我了
She's agreed to marry me!
我就是这个意思
That is what I said.
现在 我是说在我们到达目的地之前
Now, I mean, before we reach the promise land,
如果我们还能创造这个奇迹的话
if by some small miracle we ever do.
我们没有牧师
We have no clergyman.
安德森上校会主持婚礼
Captain Anderson will perform the ceremony.
噢
Ow!
要我给你拿点喝的吗
Can I fetch you a drink?
我就要死了 塔尔伯特先生
I am dying, Mr.Talbot.
噢 别这样 普莱提曼先生
Oh, come now, Mr.Prettiman,
一个小骨折不会
a mere fracture isn't...
你就不能放下这种说违心之词的愚蠢习惯吗
Will you abstain from this foolish habit of contradiction
如果我说我要死了 那就是我要死了
If I say I am dying, I mean I am dying
并且我真的是要死了
and I m going to die!
塔尔伯特先生
Mr.Talbot...
我希望你能做证婚人
I wish you to be a witness at the ceremony.
我
I?
你和奥德米多
You and Oldmeadow.
但我们不是船上的军官啊
But we have no official standing on this ship.
我会很乐意护送新娘
I will be happy to give the bride away.
那个伊斯特先生会做
Mr.East will give her away.
伊斯特先生 那个印刷工
Mr.East the printer?
你到底在听吗
Will you listen?
还是你想无限延长这场谈话
Or do you wish to prolong this interview indefinitely?
船上的水手们将来会
The officers of this ship will be
分散到世界各地
distributed around the world.
但你和奥德米多先生会留在悉尼湾
But you and Oldmeadow will remain at Sydney Cove.
尽管很微薄
Modest as it may be,
格兰汉姆小姐 将来也会继承我的财产
Miss Granham will inherit my fortune.
可要是没有可靠的证婚人
But without unimpeachable witnesses
而且又是在远离法庭18000英里的地方
and at a distance of 18,000 miles from our courts
他们那么腐♥败♥
corrupt as they are...
这太无礼了 先生 大不列颠的公正
That is outrageous, sir! British justice...
我说他们腐♥败♥ 那他们就是腐♥败♥
If I say they are corrupt, then they are corrupt!
噢 关于钱财 你可以信任他们
Oh, in respect of money you may rely on them,
但是在别的方面
but in all else
他们被特权 被土地所有制
they are corrupt by privilege, land tenure,
剧集 | 直至世界尽头(2005) | 导航列表