剧集 | 直至世界尽头(2005) | 导航列表
No, sir.
我会把她让给美♥利♥坚♥合众国
I would give her to the United States of America.
那会让我一下子失去一半的船员
That would remove half a watch of my crew at a blow.
一切都是值得的 先生
Well worth the loss, sir.
空气中都沁透着芳香 但我恐怕又得下去了
Balmy the air is... It's almost insupportable that I must descend again.
忙着写作
And busy myself with my writing.
啊 作家
Ah... a writer...
我们船上有个作家
We have a writer onboard.
半消遣半职责而已
Partly an amusement, partly a duty.
我的教父称之为 日记 或航海日志 如果你愿意这样叫的话
What my godfather would call a 'journal'. Or a log, if you prefer.
这种情况下你大概没什么可写吧
You must find little to record in such a situation as this.
实际上你错了 先生 我发现时间和纸都根本不够
Indeed, you are mistaken, sir.I find I have neither time nor paper sufficient
我记下周围许多有趣的事情
to record all the interesting events and my observations on them.
我的教父希望我能好好享受这次旅行
It's my godfather's intention that this voyage allowed his godson
以此来锻炼我的裁决能力
time for reflection and exercise for his powers of judgement.
所以日志要写得如他所愿般详细丰富
This journal will be evidence that his hopes have been fulfilled.
这份日志是为你教父写的
The journal is for your godfather?
是献给他的礼物
It is my present to him.
为了分散一下他痛风的病痛 他要求我不要有所隐瞒
To distract him from his gout.I'm instructed to hide nothing.
船上的军官一定是你记录的主体吧 先生
The officers of this ship must bulk large in your accounts, sir.
他们和他们所说的话 以及一些要人
They and the language they use.And some of the personages.
普莱提曼先生和他直言不讳的见地
Mr Prettiman and his outspoken views.
一切都会使教父愉快的
All will amuse his lordship.
写了我吗
And myself?
你 先生 我还没考虑到
You, sir? I've not considered that.
在这个漂浮的小社会里 你是当仁不让的君主
Well you are after all the king or emperor of our floating society...
我可没指望要出名 塔尔伯特先生
I had not looked to become famous, Mr Talbot.
若是作为公正仁慈的掌权人 我觉得你的确会在我的日志中
...with prerogatives of justice and mercy. Yes. I suppose you do bulk
占相当大的比重 并且会持续这么做
large in my journal.And shall continue to do so...
老天 你怎么在这里
Good God, man!
很抱歉 塔尔伯特先生
My apologies, Mr Talbot.
但是不能在这样下去了
But it cannot continue.
科莱
Colley?
我得了上校的命令要再去看看他
I am to look in on him again by the captain's orders
希望你能和我一起
and you are to assist me.
我
I?
没人命令你
You're not ordered to assist.
但是安德森上校觉得
but Captain Anderson feels that
牧师会听得进你的金玉良言
the parson will listen to your invaluable advice.
好吧
Very well.
让我们再试试把科莱先生从混沌中唤醒吧
Let us try once again to rouse Mr Colley from his...his lethargy.
塔尔伯特先生来看你了 科莱先生
Mr Talbot has come to see you, Mr Colley.
嗯 科莱先生 尽管这事儿挺不幸
Well, Mr Colley, this is...an unfortunate business.
但是你已经为之承受的够多了
But you are refining too much on it.
控制不了的醉酒及其后果这是种经历
Uncontrolled drunkenness and its consequences are an experience
每个人一生中都至少会来上一次
every man ought to go through at least once in his life,
如果不是这样 人们怎么会学会体恤他人呢
or else how is he to understand the behaviour of others?
我已经意识到我
I have been brought to see how I am
无论怎么说 我对你目前的困境都负有一定责任
in however distant a way- partly responsible for your.. predicament.
如果不是我惹怒了上校 那么
Had I not enraged the captain as I did, then...
我们需要个医生
We need a doctor.
可我们没有医生啊
We don't have a doctor.
布洛克班先生 威勒
Mr Brocklebank! Wheeler!
布洛克班克
Brocklebank?!
他当画家之前曾就读于一所医科学校
He was at medical school before he was a painter.
威勒 威勒
Wheeler! Wheeler!
先生
Sir?
立刻叫醒布洛克班克先生
Wake Mr Brocklebank at once.
我想这位先生还在客舱
I believe the gentleman is still in the passengers' saloon.
那把他带过来
Then fetch him, man!
威勒 去通知上校
And Wheeler! Notify the captain.
布洛克班克先生 我们需要你的医学知识
Mr Brocklebank.We require your medical knowledge.
晚上好 牧师
Good evening, Parson.
怎么样
Well?
什么怎么样
Well what?
他死了吗
Is he dead?
他没死 只是在沉睡
The man is not dead. He is asleep.
他在发低烧
He is in a low fever.
才不是什么低烧
There is no such thing as a low fever.
怎么了
Well?
上校 我们认为科莱先生已经死了
To the best of our knowledge, sir,Mr Colley is dead.
胡扯 他还醉着呢
Nonsense. Stiff drink will rouse him.
恐怕他的放纵把他毁掉了
I fear the man's intemperance has destroyed him.
放纵 先生
Intemperance, sir?
一次倒霉的放纵
A single unlucky indulgence.
我想你会记进航海日志里吧 先生
And you will enter it, sir,in the log, I presume.
那就是我自己的事了 塔尔伯特先生
That is something for me to consider in my own time, Mr Talbot.
一次倒霉的放纵不会
A moment's unlucky indulgence is not...
我听到提及低烧了 没听错吧
I heard a mention of a low fever, did I not?
那是我的看法 上校
That is my opinion, Captain.
布洛克班克先生不太清醒 先生
Mr Brocklebank is not quite himself, sir.
虽然如此 他仍是这船上唯一懂点医疗知识的
Nevertheless, he's the only man aboard with medical knowledge, is he not?
刚刚他还宣称这个人只是睡着了
A moment ago he pronounced the man asleep.
萨默斯先生
Mr Summers!
老规矩处理
Make the customary arrangements.
威利斯先生
Mr Willis!
把修帆工和他伙计带过来
Bring aft the sailmaker and his mate.
再来三四个壮汉
And three or four able-bodied men!
女士们先生们 一则坏消息
Ladies and gentlemen,you will not wish to witness what follows.
希望大家能腾出船舱
May I request that the cabins be cleared?
到后甲板上集♥合♥
The air of the quarterdeck is to be recommended.
牧师怎么了
What happened to the parson?
如你所知 他喝多了
He was made drunk, as you know.
我是说以前 过赤道的时候
I mean before. The crossing of the Line.
你没有观看那个仪式吗
You did not witness the ceremony?
我当时在忙别的事
I was otherwise occupied...
为什么上校要跟他道歉
For what did he receive the captain's apologies?
低烧 先生们 是高烧的反义词
A "low" fever, gentlemen, is the opposite to a "high"fever.
祝你们晚安
I bid you good night.
船上有一位年轻的绅士
There is a young gentleman on board
我一直热切希望
whom I trust and pray
能与他在旅途中结为朋友
will become my friend as the voyage advances.
他是个贵族
He's a member of the aristocracy
拥有这种显赫身世所赋予的
with all the consideration and nobility of
体贴细致和高贵举止
bearing that such birth implies.
我好几次壮着胆子
I have made so bold as to
和他打招呼
salute him on a number of occasions
他都很有风度地回应
and he has responded graciously.
他给其他乘客做出了很好的榜样
His example may do much among the other passengers
给那些对我异常冷漠的人
who have an indefinable indifference to me.
我与塔尔伯特先生间的相互了解又增进了一步
I have furthered my acquaintance with Mr.Talbot.
正是他 于众人之中
It was he, of all people,
亲自找到了我
who did in fact search me out.
他是我教的虔诚友人
He's a true friend to religion.
他来到我的房♥间
He came to my cabin
以最直率而友善的态度
and begged me in the most open and friendly manner
请我为船上的人主持一场小型的礼拜仪式
to favour the ship's people with a short address.
这是一艘不信仰上帝的船
This is a godless vessel.
能使人堕落的不是别人的所做而是自己的作为
What a man does defiles him not what is done by others.
尽管我的羞耻心如堕烈火 令我痛苦不堪
My shame though it burn has been inflicted upon me.
但我必须到船头
I must visit the poor ignorant people
去见一见这些愚昧无知的可怜人
in the front end of the ship.
我当勇往直前 训诫造物主这些蛮横无理
I shall go forward and rebuke these unruly
却又真正惹人怜爱的孩子们
but truly lovable children of our maker.
什么事 威勒
What is it, Wheeler?
上校请您去他那
The captain has requested your presence in his stateroom
先生
sir.
怎么了
Why?
要调查一下
There is to be an enquiry, sir.
科莱先生的死因
Into the death of Mr.Colley.
请进
剧集 | 直至世界尽头(2005) | 导航列表