剧集 | 直至世界尽头(2005) | 导航列表
完全不同于他们的
Entirely different from theirs.
我知道你要为我们独奏 查姆利小姐
I understand you are to give us a recital, Miss Chumley
你从哪儿听说的
Where did you hear such a thing?
传闻你是个天才
Rumour went that you was a prodigy
一开始我还有些怀疑
which word I first discounted.
但是现在 我觉得再真切不过了
Now, I see that it was no more than the truth.
天才 塔尔伯特先生
Prodigy, Mr.Talbot?
对 天才 查姆利小姐
Prodigy, Miss Chumley.
传言有误 先生
The word was wrongly reported to you, sir.
萨默赛特夫人有时候会
Lady Somerset is sometimes
亲切地称我为她的宠儿
kind enough to refer to me as her protegee.
对我而言 查姆利小姐 你就是个天才
To me, Miss Chumley, a prodigy.
永远都是
Ever and always.
查姆利小姐
Miss Chumley.
我晕眩了 不 眼花缭乱了 神魂颠倒了
I am dazed. No, bedazzled, dazzled.
你已经让我陶醉了
You have bewitched me already
你从前也一定让我这样陶醉过
You must have done so before
我们见过吗 中国 鞑靼 还是廷巴克图
when we met in Cathay, Tartary, Timbuctoo
是哪儿呢
where was it?
塔尔伯特先生 你四处游历吗
Mr.Talbot, you've travelled?
没有 亨利爵士
No, Sir Henry.
可是你 呃
But you. Aam
那么 我敢肯定玛丽安也没有
Well, I'm sure Marion has not been.
塔尔伯特先生在编童话故事呢 叔叔
Mr.Talbot is making up a fairy story, uncle.
我确信他没打算让您听到
I'm certain he intended for you not to listen
因为这都是胡言乱语罢了
for it is a great nonsense.
胡言乱语 查姆利小姐
Nonsense? Miss Chumley.
你伤害了我的感情
You cut me to the quick.
我再也不会如此无情了 塔尔伯特先生
I would never be so cruel, Mr.Talbot.
童话故事对有些人而言并非胡言乱语
And fairy tales are not nonsense to some.
亚克安娜从普利茅斯
The Alcyone is a flyer
出发后简直快如飞鸟
to have made such a time out of Plymouth.
你对它负重的判断必定十分精确 先生
You must have judged what she will carry to a hair, sir
因为船首三角帆被缠住了 它几乎一动不动
With a fouled jib she was positively snoring.
你真应该跟我们一起
You should have been with us back at
去普利茅斯走一遭
Plymouth Sound though.
陷在康森特那该死的浅水湾子里
By the Cawsand shit creek
他们用蒸汽拖轮把我们拖出来的
they took us out with a steam tug.
老天啊 我这辈子还从没这样吃惊过
Good God! I've never been so astonished in my life!
那些烟 烟囱里冒出来的烟
The smoke! The smoke from that chimney!
我的马车车篷都被它给毁啦
My coach cloak was quite spoiled by it.
玛丽安说她的枕头全黑了
Marion said her pillow was black.
海伦
Helen!
你说了 亲爱的
You did, my dear.
你不记得你的头皮遇到的麻烦了吗
Don't you remember the trouble we had with your scalp?
拜托 萨默赛特夫人
Come, Lady Somerset!
查姆利小姐又不是印第安人
Miss Chumley is not a Red Indian.
很好
Very good.
我可以问一下吗 亨利爵士 什么是蒸汽拖轮
If I may enquire, Sir Henry, what is a steam tug?
嗯 塔尔伯特先生 这是个了不起的发明
Well, Mr.Talbot, it is an extraordinary invention.
我发誓
And I swear
除了我们民族的天才们
nothing but the native genius of our nation
没人能创造得出来
could have brought it forth.
它是一项使用蒸汽锅炉的技术
It is a craft with a steam boiler.
借此产生的动力
The force from which makes great paddlewheels
推动两侧横梁的桨轮旋转
rotate on either beam.
火太危险了 我不喜欢这玩意儿
Oh,it's too much fire for me. I cannot like the things.
要是哪一条船爆♥炸♥了
If one should explode
就能像燎原火种一样炸掉整支舰队
they might set off an entire fleet like tinder.
噢 也许是这样
Well, it's probably right
不过他们正在朴茨茅斯建一艘更大的船
but they're building a larger one in Portsmouth.
这会毁了真正的航海技术
They shall be the ruin of real seamanship.
是 他们搞得乱七八糟
Well, they make a devil of a mess.
然而不可否认
But there's no denying
他们拖着我们逆风行驶了两个小时
they towed us out against the wind in under two hours
要是抛小锚移船的话这得耗上一整天
whereas it would have taken a whole day kedging.
大型船能开上公海吗
Might not a larger vessel operate on the high seas?
可以的 塔尔伯特先生
It's possible, Mr.Talbot
但是没必要
But there's not the necessity for it.
只要海域足够宽广
Once given sea room
船只便可以自♥由♥航行
a ship may do well enough for herself.
难道不应该建艘蒸汽战船
But might one not build a steam warship that would
让它划出港口刺探敌情吗
paddle out of the harbour and seek the enemy?
你要是去政♥府♥任职
When you come in the Government,
我请你 除了海军部去哪都行
I beg you, accept any post but that of the Admiralty.
但您还没回答塔尔伯特先生的问题呢 叔叔
But you have not answered Mr.Talbot's question, uncle.
我确定他会是个出色的海军上将
I'm sure he would make a splendid admiral
或者无论什么
or whatever it is.
如果我们想要一艘蒸汽拖轮
If we would have a steamed tug
大得足以和敌人交战
large enough to engage an enemy.
那就需要两倍的船员来保持它们的清洁
We'd need double the crew to keep'em clean.
更不用说还得给它们喂煤炭
Let alone feed'em with coal.
我确信大不列颠的机械天才们
I'm sure the mechanical genius of the British
会克服这些困难的
would overcome such difficulties.
好了 安德森上校你来说
Well speak up, Captain Anderson.
我认为你在任职期间
You have so much brain
表现得非常有头脑
as to be found in the service, I think.
真正的缺陷
The real objection
如果你想知道
if you will have an answer
这个荒谬问题的答案 在于
to such a preposterous question is this
如果它是一艘战船
If she is to be a warship
那么两侧横梁的桨轮
then a paddlewheel on either beam
会让舷侧缩短
will reduce her broadside.
其次 在交战中
Secondly during an engagement,
只要有颗炮弹
if a single ball
击中了薄薄的桨片
were to strike the flimsy members of her paddle,
船就会失控
she would be rendered uncontrollable.
说得好 就是这样
Well said. Yeah
我们知道答案啦 塔尔伯特先生
We are answered, Mr.Talbot.
我们被专家打败了
We are beaten from the field.
抱歉
I'm sorry.
哦 真的吗
Oh, really?
瞧 难道不让人吃惊吗
Now, isn't that surprising?
简直难以想象
One would hardly have thought it.
的确如此 无任欢迎 格莱汉姆小姐
How true. You're most welcome, Miss Granham.
格莱汉姆小姐
Miss Granham.
我想知道 如果你能考虑一下
I wonder if you'll be kind enough to consider
这种可能性 我们也许可以 共舞
the possibility... that we might... dance
今晚将有一场舞会 查姆利小姐
Tonight, there is to be a ball, Miss Chumley.
我们一定要跳个够
And we must dance the night away.
我要邀你跳阿勒曼德舞 四对方舞
I will beg the allemande of you. And the quadrille.
圆舞 还有华尔兹 以及沙龙舞
And the round. And the waltz. And the cotillion.
我该选哪个呢
Whichever shall I chose?
全部 如果你愿意的话
All, if you please.
这样不太合适 先生 你也一定清楚的
It would be improper, sir. You must know that, surely.
那我就是不拘礼仪的拥护者
Then I'm an advocate of impropriety.
已经宣告和平了 先生
Peace has been declared, sir.
最好共享一番
Better share it.
你不能如此无情地打发我走
You cannot be so cruel as to let me go.
天下无不散的宴席 塔尔伯特先生
The wind will do so, Mr.Talbot.
那今晚我一定要牵你的手共舞
And tonight I must take your hand
尽可能多跳几支 也许更多支
for as many and perhaps rather more
不管合不合适
dances than I thought proper.
要是我的手腕被握住了除了顺从我还能怎样呢
If I am seized by the wrist, what can I do but submit?
都是你的错
The fault will be yours.
那我会厚着脸皮的
I will be brazen.
威勒 威勒
Wheeler! Wheeler!
-先生 -啊 威勒
-Sir? -Ah, Wheeler.
我需要你拿来我的
I need you to take my
见鬼 你一身酒气
Devil take you, man, you stink of rum!
剧集 | 直至世界尽头(2005) | 导航列表