There's the guilt.
他感到愧疚
That it happened on his watch.
这事发生在他值班期间
He's very protective of this little town.
他很保护这个小镇
Obsessively.
着魔一般
Runs in the family, I guess.
大概是家族遗传吧
Mommy, I want juice, please.
妈妈 我想喝果汁 谢谢
Excuse me.
失陪一下
Sure. Okay.
好 好的
My husband's a local history nut.
我丈夫很沉迷本地历史
The, uh, witch trials and all that.
女巫审判那些
Anything else, Agent Mulder?
还有其他问题吗 穆德探员
No. Thank you for your time.
没有了 谢谢你的配合
Mommy!
妈妈
He was in the forest.
他当时在树林里
Son of a bitch.
混♥蛋♥
Seeing the body change your mind?
看到尸体让你改变主意了吗
I maintain that the boy was murdered.
我仍然认为那男孩是被谋杀的
But there's something that you should know.
但有些事你该知道
As hard as it is to contemplate...
虽然难以相信...
Don't go there, Agent Scully.
别说这个 史考莉探员
When the child is under the age of five,
但当受害人是五岁以下儿童时
the majority of assailants are in fact...
多数袭击者其实是...
Rick Eggers did not kill his son.
瑞克·艾格斯没杀他儿子
Most of the time, friends and family can't even contemplate
很多时候 朋友和家人都无法想象
that the suspect is capable of these crimes
嫌犯能犯下这种罪行
because they carry out their fantasies in private.
因为他们都私下满足自己的幻想
I think I've heard about enough.
我想我听够了
I want to rule him out as a suspect.
我想排除他的嫌疑
Officer Eggers loved Andrew. He's a decent, honorable man,
艾格斯警官很爱安德鲁 他是个正直可敬的人
a good cop.
一个好警♥察♥
But I need your help.
但我需要你的帮助
When the suspects are confronted,
嫌犯遭到质问时
they have a tendency to become violent towards themselves.
会有自残倾向
I would confront him myself, but I don't have to.
我愿意亲自审问他 但我不必那样做
He was working his shift when Andrew was attacked.
安德鲁遭到袭击时 他正在值班
With you or out on his own?
跟你在一起还是独自在外
Why don't you ask him yourself?
你何不亲自去问他
Where's Eggers?
艾格斯在哪儿
He just ran out of here, Chief. Almost knocked me over.
他刚刚才冲出去了 警长 差点撞倒我
Let's go!
我们走
Rick, I need you to pull over. That's an order.
瑞克 靠边停车 这是命令
Pull over right now.
立刻停车
The hell is he going?
他到底要去哪儿
Hold on.
扶稳了
You think he's going home?
你觉得他是要回家吗
He's going the wrong way.
他家不是这方向
Melvin Peter!
梅尔文·彼得
Where are you, you son of a bitch?
你在哪儿 你这个混♥蛋♥
Put that away. Eggers!
把枪收起来 艾格斯
Eggers.
艾格斯
Eggers.
艾格斯
He's not here.
他不在这儿
Eggers, what are you doing? He's not here.
艾格斯 你在干什么 他不在这儿
He's not here!
他不在这儿
Put the gun down.
把枪放下
Rick. Put the gun down.
瑞克 把枪放下
It's okay. Come on.
没事的 放下
I got it. I got it.
我来 给我吧
What the hell is going on?
到底怎么回事
I found the piece of garbage that she was talking about.
我找到她说的那个混♥蛋♥了
It's my boy. Okay. Okay.
那是我儿子 好了 好了
Mulder. Where are you?
穆德 你在哪里
Back where they found the body.
回发现尸体的地方了
There's been a development.
事情有进展了
What kind of development?
什么样的进展
I'm not quite sure yet.
我还不太确定
But the dead boy's father has had a breakdown.
但受害男孩的父亲刚崩溃了
Mulder?
穆德
Mulder, are you there?
穆德 你还在吗
Just tell me where you are.
告诉我你在哪儿
1♥1♥4♥ Pendley Avenue.
彭德利大道1♥1♥4♥号♥
Who let the dogs out?
谁把狗放出来的
Waiting on a search warrant.
正在等搜查令
Whose house are we searching?
我们要搜谁的房♥子
Convicted sex offender, Melvin Peter.
一个获刑的性侵犯 梅尔文·彼得
He failed to register with the local police
他去年搬来的时候并没有
when he moved in last year.
向当地警方报备
Two blocks away from Ash Hill Park.
就住在离阿什山公园两个街区的地方
Who figured that out?
谁发现的
Father of the deceased, right over there.
死者的父亲 就在那儿
Based on the profile I provided.
根据我提供的侧写发现的
I'm not convinced.
我并不这么想
You sure about that, Mulder?
你确定吗 穆德
I'm not sure about anything.
我对所有事都不确定
I got the warrant. Let's go.
我拿到搜查令了 走吧
Come on.
拜托
What is it, Mulder?
是什么 穆德
They put out an APB on Melvin Peter
他们对梅尔文·彼得发了全境通告
and called his parole officer.
给他的假释官打了电♥话♥
I still don't like him for it.
我还是不信是他
What's not to like?
不信什么
I mean, you couldn't dream up a more perfect suspect.
我说 你做梦都找不到这么完美的嫌犯
He's potentially John Wayne Gacy with a monkey.
他可能就是养猴版的约翰·韦恩·盖西
That's it. It's too perfect.
就是这个 过于完美了
I don't, I don't like perfect like that.
我不相信太完美的东西
Makes me uncomfortable.
让我觉得不自在
Well, sometimes the simplest of competing theories
有时候在相互矛盾的理论中
is actually the right one.
最简单的往往会是正确的
And I think most of these people would agree with you.
这里大部分人会同意你的说法
That's what scares me. Well, they've been living
我对此深感忧心 他们一直跟个
next to a convicted pedophile and they didn't know it.
获刑的恋童癖做邻居 并且毫不知情
This guy has no chance.
这个人没有任何希望
Why are you defending him?
你为什么要为他说话
I'm-I'm not defending him.
我不是在为他说话
But you said it yourself, it's this rush to judgment.
但你自己也说过 不要匆忙做判断
Mass hysteria, Salem,
群体性歇斯底里 撒冷女巫案
McCarthyism.
麦卡锡主义
What happened to the precious presumption of innocence,
宝贵的无罪推定上哪儿去了
which is rooted in a very democratic ideal
那可是"宁可错放十个
that it's better to let ten guilty men go free
不可错杀一人"的
than to imprison one innocent man.
民♥主♥理想之精华
I am all for benefit of the doubt, Mulder.
我还是愿意相信他无辜的 穆德
But he is a convicted felon and we have to start somewhere.
他毕竟是个获刑犯 我们得有个切入点
And you and this mob are reconvicting him right here
而你和这帮人现在再一次给他判了刑
and now for the sins of his past.
就因为他过去的罪
With a fervor that we see too often
这种慷慨激昂
in this American experience of ours.
我们在美式经验里见得太多了
Em, it's time for lunch.
小艾 该吃午饭了
Emily. TV off, now.
艾米丽 现在把电视关了
Em.
小艾
Emily.
艾米丽
Emily?
艾米丽
Emily.
艾米丽
Emily! Emily!
艾米丽 艾米丽
Similar signs of predation,
捕食迹象相似
but not beyond forensic analysis here.
但要看法医鉴定的结果
You okay, Mulder?
你还好吗 穆德
I talked to her just this morning.
我今天早上还跟她说过话
Just this morning she was alive.
她今天早上还活着
This is the killing field.
这就是凶杀现场
剧集 | X档案(1993) | 导航列表