I'm not saying it's right. It's not.
我不是说这样没问题 我做错了
And I have lived with the guilt of that decision
从那以后每一刻我都在后悔
every moment since.
自己做了那个决定
I think about him every day.
我每天都想起他
But you got to understand,
但你一定要理解
your dad murdered innocent people.
你父亲谋杀了无辜的人
And I know it was because of the gas, I knew who he was before.
我知道那是受气体影响 我知道他的为人
But the man it changed him into...
那气体改变了他
...he was dangerous, Davey.
他当时危及他人 戴维
People are getting hurt again, and we can stop it.
现在又有人受伤了 而我们有办法阻止
But you've got to believe that I am here to help him.
但请你相信我是来帮助他的
I only want to make things right.
我只想把事情处理好
Please.
求你了
Take me to him, Davey.
带我去找他 戴维
Okay.
行
I'll take you to him.
我带你去见他
His name is John "Kitten" James.
他叫约翰·詹姆斯 绰号♥"小猫"
He is, or was, in fact, a patient at Glazebrook Hospital,
他是 或曾是格莱斯布鲁克医院的病人
but his military files,
但他的军事档案
like the other files I've tried to access, are classified.
和其他我尝试打开的档案 都是保密文件
You think it's true, Scully, what Kersh said?
你觉得克什说的是真的吗 史考莉
What's that?
他说什么了
We're the sole reason Skinner's career
斯金纳三十年来都没有升职
hasn't advanced in 30-some years?
全都是拜我们所赐
No, I hope not.
我希望不是这样
I'd like to believe that his choice to stay loyal to us
我觉得他选择忠实地支持我们
was exactly that: a choice.
这就是他的选择
If there's one thing I know about Walter Skinner is,
对于沃尔特·斯金纳 我起码有一点能确信
he's a man ruled by his moral compass above all else.
他的首要准则是他的道德
There was a time I would have agreed with that, unequivocally.
曾几何时我也会同意你的看法 毫无疑问
I realize that his conduct has been strange,
我知道他最近的行为很奇怪
but don't you think that we should give him
但你不觉得我们一起经历了这么多
the benefit of the doubt
起码应该
after everything we've been through with him?
相信他无罪 不是吗
I mean, especially in light of what we now understand
特别是在我们现在知道
he may have sacrificed for us.
他可能为我们做出多大牺牲的情况下
Let's just hope we find him before somebody else does.
我们还是祈祷能赶在别人前面找到他
Where we going, Davey?
我们要去哪 戴维
It's not far now.
不远了
This is what they drove him to.
他们把他变成了这样
Oh, God. No, John, what have you done?
天啊 约翰 你都做了什么
John.
约翰
Now who sees monsters?
现在看到怪兽的又是谁呢
Help me!
救命
Is somebody out there?
有人吗
Help!
救命
Why?
为什么
No!
不要
Can I help you?
需要帮忙吗
Special Agent Mulder.
穆德探员
Special Agent Dana Scully.
黛娜·史考莉探员
Are you related to John James?
你是约翰·詹姆斯的亲属吗
I'm his son, Davey. We're looking for a man
我是他儿子 戴维 我们在找一名
who we have reason to believe may be in the area
我们认为在这附近
and may have served with your father in Vietnam,
而且曾和你父亲一同在越南服役的人
Walter Skinner?
沃尔特·斯金纳
Uh, I don't believe I've ever heard that name before, no.
我好像没听过这名字
Is your father home?
你父亲在家吗
No, I'm sorry. I...
不在 抱歉
I haven't a clue where he is.
我不知道他在哪里
I haven't seen him in weeks.
我好几周没见过他了
Is it okay if we come inside for a brief moment?
我们进去坐一会可以吗
We'd like to get some insight on a few things.
我们想了解几件事
By all means.
没问题
Right this way.
这边走
He... Help!
救 救命
I never met
我从没
real live FBI agents before.
见过活的联调局探员
Please.
请坐
Father said there's two refuges in life from sorrow,
父亲曾说悲伤时有两处港湾
music and, uh...
音乐和
...cats.
猫
But I think cats are creepy.
但我觉得猫很怪异
Could I offer you some tea or-or something?
我给你们倒杯茶什么的吧
No. No, I'm good. No, thank you.
不用了 不用 谢谢
Mr. James,
詹姆斯先生
we understand that your father was a patient at Glazebrook?
据我们了解 你父亲曾在格莱斯布鲁克治疗
Uh, yes, uh...
是的
That's right, for many years.
没错 在那里多年
And when was he released?
他从何时释放出来的呢
He was released one month ago.
他一个月前释放
On what grounds?
是什么原因
Sorry?
抱歉
Why was he released after he had been confined for so many years?
他关押了这么多年 为何放了出来
They, uh, determined that he was no longer a danger to himself or anyone else.
他们判断他对自己和他人都不再有危害
Not that he ever was.
尽管他从来都不危险
Well, I...
我
I guess he was a threat to someone.
我猜他以前是威胁到了什么人吧
Is this your mother?
这是你母亲吗
Mother died many years ago.
母亲很多年前就去世了
Father's incarceration was very hard on her.
父亲被关押让她深受打击
Do you mind if I ask how she died?
你介意我问下她怎么去世的吗
Yes.
介意
Mr. James, a minute ago,
詹姆斯先生 你刚刚说
you said that your father was a threat to someone.
你父亲威胁到了别人
What did you mean?
这是什么意思
Father had secrets.
父亲有他的秘密
Secrets?
秘密
About the government.
有关政♥府♥的秘密
Father was poisoned by an experimental weaponized gas in Vietnam.
父亲在越南被期的气体武器毒害
Because of his exposure,
因为他已经吸入
they continued to do tests on him
他们在格莱斯布鲁克
and other soldiers like him for many years at Glazebrook.
持续对他和其他像他一样的士兵做实验
What kind of tests?
什么样的实验
Chemical, biological.
生物的 化学的
They were trying to learn how to control human behavior.
他们想掌握控制人类行为的方法
Harnessing our fears to manipulate us into violence.
驾驭我们的恐惧 让我们变得暴♥力♥
Using this weaponized gas?
用这种气体武器
The gas in, uh, the war was still in the experimental stage.
战时 这种气体还在试验期
And they still haven't perfected it,
他们到现在都没完全制成
but after years of testing it and honing it,
但经过多年和调整
they are getting close. To what end?
他们已经快成功了 为了什么呢
Imagine the power of a government
想像一下 一个能够掌控
that could literally control the minds
亿万民众思想的政♥府♥
of millions and millions of its citizens.
会有多大的力量
To influence every choice and decision they made
只要让民众接触这种气体
simply by exposing them to this poison.
就可以影响他们的每个选择和决定
You'll have to forgive me, Mr. James,
抱歉 詹姆斯先生
but this sounds like, uh... like a dystopian novel.
这听上去像反乌托邦小说的故事
It's happening right now in the United States of America.
这正在美♥利♥坚♥合众国上演
Do you honestly believe that,
你真的相信
after 30 years of research and development
做了三十年的研发
and decades of experimenting on American heroes like my father,
在和我父亲一样的美国英雄身上做了几十年
it would just be thrown in the trash,
他们会随便抛弃它
never to be utilized?
再也不用了吗
Unlikely. The DoD and the CIA have been working
不大可能 国防部和中情局
on various incarnations of mind control projects since the '50s.
从五十年代起就实施了多个思想控制项目
Project BLUEBIRD, MKUltra, MKDELTA.
蓝鸟项目 MK机密项目 MK三角洲项目
Well, those programs were supposedly ended in the early 1980s.
这些项目应该都在八十年代初终止了
Supposedly. My father believed
应该 我父亲相信
剧集 | X档案(1993) | 导航列表