剧集 | 彩排(2022) | 导航列表
but that didn't mean Tricia always took it well.
但翠西亚的反应并非每次都很乐观
I don't understand why you felt the need to lie about your education.
我不懂你为何要为学历说谎
I mean, it's really messed up.
这简直乱七八糟
-我‥ -多年来我们不断帮你找工作
For years, we were trying to help you get a job
because you said you had a master's degree, and that was all bullshit!
因为你说你有硕士学位 结果都是胡说八道
Is this what you think a friendship is?
-我只是想‥ -这就是你所谓的友情吗?
Like, you have no respect for me, no respect for my time.
你根本不尊重我和我的时间
I don't give a crap about your education.
我才不在乎你的学历
But... but 12 years of deception, that's... 12 years!
但你却骗了整整十二年‥
It's unforgivable. I don't want to talk to you again.
这简直不可原谅
我不想再跟你说话了
Please don't go.
拜托别走
He lied about having a master's degree. I just heard their conversation.
他谎称有硕士学位,我刚听到了
- No master's degree? - This guy is such a fraud.
-没有硕士学位? -这家伙是骗子
- Who doesn't have a master's degree? - And the loser of tonight's trivia is...
谁没有硕士学位啊?
今晚的输家是‥
Kor Skeet.
寇尔史基特
Are you sure you want to do this? For sure?
你真的确定要这样做吗?
Well, it still felt good that I got it off my chest,
坦诚以对还是比较舒坦
even if it means I might lose a friendship in the process.
就算会失去朋友也是如此
Like... I don't think it'll go that bad.
但我不觉得会这么糟‥
But...
I'm literally going into the unknown, the pit of the alligator, and...
我要踏入未知的领域
进入鳄鱼的巢穴
he's going to swallow me up or let me go free.
要么将我吞噬或是放我自♥由♥
”鳄鱼酒吧”
We had planned for Kor to get there early to secure his chosen table.
我们计划让寇尔早点到
让他去占他选的位子
But when he arrived, there was a problem. The table was taken.
但抵达之后出了问题
那桌已经有人了
Fortunately, we had rehearsed for this exact scenario.
幸好我们为此事先排演过了
Sorry to bother you, my grandmother died of like, brain cancer recently...
抱歉打扰了‥
我祖母最近死于脑瘤
-我祖母也是 -太可怜了
...and this, terrible thing.
This table here is like a sentimental thing.
我对这个座位有点感情
I know you're all settled here but would you consider to moving to another area?
你们已经坐下了 但是否愿意换个位子?
- I know it sounds outrageous. - We can go one table over.
-我知道有点怪-我们可以换一桌
- Yeah, if you want. - That'd be nice of you.
-太好了,感谢你们 -别客气
- Thank you so much. - No worries.
My grandmother very recently died of something very similar...
我祖母最近也死于类似疾病
I'm so sorry about that.
-所以我感同身受-真遗憾
- Do you have any orange juice? - Yes.
-你们有柳橙汁吗? -有
Do you have it with no pulp? Thank you so much.
你们有无果肉的吗?
-谢谢-拿这张券就能换披萨
You just take the tickets up there for your pizza.
Thank you so much.
谢谢
Hello!
- Hey! - Trish the dish.
-你好 -是耀眼的翠西亚
- Gosh! - Now what?
怎么啦?
I decided to get you a rum and coke, a little buzz.
我给你点了自♥由♥古巴
Because I'm sure everyone's been plucking on your nerves,
因为我知道人们令你头疼
or someone you know--
-或者某个人‥-天啊,没错
Oh my God! Yes, today has been pretty awful.
今天真的很糟
今天有个急件要处理
我没接,六点前来不及交
结果显然来得及
所以错失了赚钱机会‥
剩下时间还得跟室友在一起
真讨厌
更糟的是‥
有快餐车在我家门口
制♥造♥吵杂声响
我检举了他们,但需要点时间
在我搭车的时候才终于离开
我现在真的心情很差
不知道你还愿不愿意听,但‥
-糟糕的一天-我懂
而且‥
As expected, Tricia showed up not in the best of spirits,
不出所料,翠西亚出现时心情很差
but Kor knew exactly what to talk about to cheer her up.
”总统,双胞胎” 但寇尔知道该如何让她开心
The Bush twins. Yeah, Jenna and Laura.
布希的双胞胎女儿
-詹娜和萝拉?-对
They're the only two children of a president, that are twins.
是历任美国第一家庭唯一的双胞胎
-真有趣,我很惊讶-历届总统中
With all the presidents, sometimes having eight or nine kids.
-有的有八到九个孩子-对
And none of them had twins within that range.
-却完全没有双胞胎-很有趣
连难产的双胞胎都没有
Not even stillborn twins, not even like in that situation.
-我从未‥真酷-他是唯一一个
- So he's the only one. - That's very... that is very interesting.
这真的非常有趣
Kor was sticking to the script, and it was working.
寇尔照着剧本走,而且显然有用
He's the earliest president we have
-他是最早那代孙子还活着的总统 -太疯狂了
that had like... has grandchildren still living from that generation.
That is so crazy.
不久就到了益智问答时间
And before long, it was time for trivia.
Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls,
先生女士,让你们久等了
the moment you all have been waiting for, we're going to start playing trivia.
益智问答即将开始
What mode of transportation places the rider in a laid-back, reclining position,
什么交通工具能往后躺着
distributing the rider's weight comfortably over a large area?
让重量舒适地分散在一块面♥积♥上?
These freaking recumbent bikes are everywhere.
这些卧式脚踏车真是无所不在
What mode of transportation
什么交通工具能往后躺着
places the rider in a laid-back reclining position,
distributing the rider's weight comfortably over a large area?
让重量舒适地分散在一块面♥积♥上?
Probably a train. I think Amtrak did that but I'm not sure.
Or it could be a bike, or something like that, one of those reclining bikes?
可能是某种脚踏车,斜躺式脚踏车?
但你不必‥真的斜躺在座椅上吧?
But you don't really, recline the seat of a bike.
Yeah.
Kor was slightly off on the first question,
寇尔没答对第一题
and I was worried these answers weren't fully absorbed into his brain.
我很担心他的大脑没能完全吸收答案
The correct answer to that is a recumbent bike.
答案是卧式脚踏车
- This is like, really-- - Yeah, I knew it was a bike.
-这就像‥ -我知道这个脚踏车,但我‥
But I... I know... I've seen it, but I couldn't imagine the name.
我看过却想不出名字
- I've heard the name. - I wouldn't know the name.
我不知道它的名字
But then, things started to turn around.
接着情况迎来转机
The correct answer is the French Revolution.
答案是法国大革命
Look at you!
The correct answer, gunpowder.
答案是火♥药♥
And the correct answer to that is called Burj Khalifa.
-这题的答案是哈里发塔 -很好
Good!
It was an amazing streak that continued until the end of round four,
持续到第四轮,他都惊人地连胜
and he seemed to be brimming with confidence
他起身交得分表时,显得充满自信
by the time he got up to hand in his score sheet,
marking the start of his window to come clean.
也代表坦白的时候到了
Thank you. I'll be right back.
谢谢,我马上回来
In our fake bar, we had practiced an option
我们在假酒吧里排练了一个情境
where he would get pizza for both of them right after the fourth round,
是在第四轮后去取披萨
so it would be easier for him to initiate the confession while her mouth was full,
这样就能趁她吃东西时 轻易地开口坦白
and since she was in a chatty mood, it seemed like he had decided to go for it.
而且趁她还有心情聊天
看来他决定要开口了
- Two cheese pizzas, please. - Two cheese? Okay, ten minutes.
两份起司披萨,麻烦了
两份起司,好,十分钟后取餐
- Okay. - But then, something happened.
但接着发生了一件事
When he returned to the table to wait for his pizzas, Tricia wasn't talking.
他回到座位等披萨时
翠西亚没说话
It was the perfect opportunity to begin his confession, but for some reason,
这是他坦白的绝佳机会
但不知何故,他没有这么做
he wasn't doing it.
那些‥
是饮料兑换券吗?
- Yeah. Yeah. - Okay.
是啊,披萨要过一段时间
The pizza tastes better after a certain period of time,
the pizza's good but then, after a couple of rounds, it really hits it in...
喝个几轮酒后再吃才好吃
Hits it to the last spot. Especially after a couple rums and cokes.
才会最美味
尤其喝完几杯自♥由♥古巴更是如此
And as the clock kept ticking, he just sat there.
时间在流逝,而他只是坐在那里
In this case, ask over the lady who'd take the pizza, the faster it comes.
这种情况是要问服务生 披萨能不能快点吗?
没事啦,我没关系
Oh, my gosh.
-天啊-我要说什么‥
你是不是‥
There's been, something on my mind I've had to deal with and...
我一直在想一件事‥
you know, maybe it's there?
是好了吗?
Is it this one?
Hang on a second.
稍等一下
Okay. Okay.
Almost around the corner.
应该快好了
What's up?
怎么了?
They ring the bell, they're getting closer to making the pizza.
他们按了铃,应该快做好了
我想也是,你刚才要说什么?
Well, I guess so. Now what were you saying before?
I feel bad that... this has been bothering me a long time to tell you this.
我感觉很糟,因为‥
-有件事要告诉你,但我很纠结 -什么事?
What's that?
My whole educational life has been, kind of a fraud.
我的学历其实是假的
- Really? - Yeah.
-真的? -是啊
Remember when I was showing pictures of my graduation a couple years ago?
记得几年前给你看的毕业照吗?
-当然记得 -我们那时在那里玩游戏
In front of the gang and everything like that?
Yeah.
你那时问我‥有没有硕士学历
And then you asked at the time, said that I got a master's degree.
- And I kind of went along with it. - Really?
我就‥顺势说了下去
剧集 | 彩排(2022) | 导航列表