剧集 | 彩排(2022) | 导航列表
...she's having a breast reduction soon.
她快要切除乳♥房♥♥了,她叫亚曼达
Her name is Amanda.
我觉得今天比较能与演员共鸣
NATHAN: I felt way more in sync with the actors today.
The vibe in the room felt so much better.
整个班的气氛也好了很多
Yeah. So, my primary's name is Henry. He is a barber.
我扮演的人是理发师亨利‥
-那你剪了头发吗? -有啊,我剪了头发
-You had to get your hair cut then? -Yeah.
-You got a haircut? -I got my hair cut and I--
-Yeah, it was nice. Yeah. -(ALL CHEER)
感觉很不错
-ACTOR: So, it was good and like... -Okay, cool. Good.
-很好看‥ -太酷了,很好
NATHAN: But I noticed some students were struggling
但我发现有些同学在作业上有些挣扎
with the assignment.
-NATHAN: Thomas, what about you? -(SMACKS LIPS) Uh...
汤玛士,你呢?
-Well, I went to an Acai Place. -Acai?
-我去了一间巴西莓碗店 -巴西莓碗?
It's kinda like a smoothie bowl.
-有点像果昔碗 -好的
NATHAN: Okay.
我认为这是好机会 展现我知道自己在做什么
NATHAN: And I thought this would be a good opportunity
to show them I knew what I was doing.
I noticed you didn't get as-- as much, um...
我发现你不像其他人一样 得到那么多扮演对象的个人资讯
personal information about your primary
-as some of the others. -THOMAS: Mm-hmm.
Um, is there a reason or...
有什么原因吗?
The environment kind of begs for you to go through the line
-那个环境让我得按动线排队后离开 -好的
-and then leave. -NATHAN: Right.
Uh, the physical space is asking you not to be there. (CHUCKLES)
那个实体空间就像要赶人走一样
Yeah. You know, you-- When you got your order,
你拿到餐点后也许能洒在柜台
maybe spill it on the counter and he would come to your aid,
他可能就会来帮忙
and that would break down some of those social barriers
这样就能打破‥ 一些你不敢跨越的社交障碍
that you're afraid to cross.
-Just disrupt the situation? -Yeah.
-直接打破秩序? -没错
And then maybe, you know, it might lead
这可能让你能和对方多聊天
to a more personal conversation perhaps.
Okay. Gotcha.
好,明白了
NATHAN: When I relived the day from Thomas's perspective,
我从汤玛士的视角重新过这天时
it proved my instincts
证明了我的直觉是对的
-to be right. -(ALL APPLAUD)
汤玛士,你呢?
Thomas, what about you?
So, my primary was at an acai bowl place.
我扮演的对象在一间巴西莓碗店
Acai bowl?
-巴西莓碗? -对,巴西莓碗有点像果昔碗
Yeah. Acai bowl, kind of like a smoothie.
NATHAN: The circle felt just as good
围圈后学生和老师的感受一样好
from a student's perspective as it was from the teacher's.
And I felt really special when Nathan pulled me aside
奈森课后把我叫到一旁 给我一对一指导时感觉很特别
to give me one-on-one guidance after class.
And that'll help break down some of the social barriers
这样就能打破 一些你不敢跨越的社交障碍
that you're afraid to cross.
-Thank you. -All right? Good luck. Good luck.
-谢谢 -好吗?
-祝好运‥太好了 -谢谢你
-Thank you. -Okay. Great.
NATHAN: After reliving day two, I basically found no issues.
在重新过第二天之后 我基本上发现没有问题了
I felt Nathan gave every student a lot of attention
我觉得奈森很关心每个学生
and made us feel comfortable in the process.
让我们在这个过程中感到很自在
Maybe I had nothing to worry about after all.
也许我其实没什么好担心的
♪ (MELLOW MUSIC PLAYING) ♪
NATHAN: It was nice to be back in LA...
回到洛杉矶感觉很好
back in my real home.
回到我真正的家
Once in a while, I would try to check in with Angela.
我偶尔会联络安洁拉
(PHONE TRILLING)
”安洁拉”
ALL: One, two, three, four. One, two, three, four.
1,2,3,4‥
One, two, three, four. One, two, three, four.
One, two, three. One, two, three.
1,2,3‥
One, two, three. One, two, three.
1,2‥
One, two. One, two. One, two. One, two. One. One. One. One
1‥
(CHEERS, CHUCKLES)
-Wow! All right. -ACTOR: Oh, my God.
-很好 -真好玩
NATHAN: Now that the actors had studied their primaries
演员已经研究他们的扮演对象两天了
for two days...
it was time to physically embody them.
是时候让他们真正扮演对方了
♪ (WHIMSICAL MUSIC PLAYING) ♪
Um, you use tape and string, is that...
你用胶带和线是‥?
-I don't know. -You don't know? Okay.
-我不知道要怎么做‥ -你不知道?
-I don't know what's-- -Um... What's that tool here?
-这是什么工具? -我这里有各种东西,这是‥
But over here, I got a couple things going.
Um... This is a...
tie iron.
-领带熨斗,没错 -领带熨斗?
-Tie iron? -Tie iron, yeah.
-T-I-E? -I believe so.
-”领带”? -应该是
Bananas under the cans.
香蕉在罐头底下
(CLICKS TONGUE)
但我现在知道 要了解一个陌生人的想法
NATHAN: But I now knew that to take on the mind
of a stranger, it wasn't enough to just talk to them.
只与他们聊天并不够
The level of immersion had to be deeper.
必须投入得更深才行
I am in the process of arranging for all of you
我正在安排让你们所有人 从事你们扮演对象的实际工作
to work in the actual jobs of your primary.
Or at least as-- as close as we can get.
或至少尽可能类似的工作
-Is that cool, pretty... -ACTORS: Yeah.
-这样‥很棒还是很蠢? -很棒‥
...or is that dumb?
-I don't wanna work. -(ALL LAUGH)
我根本不想工作
NATHAN: I was noticing the more extreme
我发现我的方法变得越极端
my method became,
the more these actors seemed to respect me.
这些演员似乎就越尊重我
If I'm not gonna go all the way and get out of my comfort zone,
要是我不努力走出舒适圈
how am I gonna know where I can go?
我怎么知道我的极限在哪里?
So, yeah, thank you for just the space, you know.
谢谢你打造了这个空间
NATHAN: But when I caught up with Thomas, something felt off.
但我和汤玛士谈话时感觉不太对
Yeah, so-- so how did it go? Yeah, what happened?
后来怎么样了?
-THOMAS: It was-- -Did you get personal? Did you?
-这个嘛‥ -你们开始聊了吗‥?
Yeah. The deeper conversation was hard to accomplish.
要深入聊天还有点困难
Did you spill your bowl or anything? Or...
你把碗打翻了吗‥?
-Did not spill the bowl. -NATHAN: Okay, yeah.
-我没有打翻 -好吧
But I instead went with, uh...
但我跟他说我弄丢了 我爸给我的幸运吉他拨片
telling him that I lost my lucky guitar pick
that I got from my dad.
-Okay. -And then--
-好的 -然后‥
-Is that true? -No, that was a lie.
-这是真的吗? -那是谎话
-Oh, okay, okay, got it. -Yeah.
好吧‥我懂了
I mean, I don't really like lying to people,
我通常不太喜欢对人说谎
-in general. -Yeah, neither do I.
我也不喜欢
-THOMAS: Yeah. -Yeah.
-(INDISTINCT CHATTER) -(CHUCKLES)
Yeah, I don't know. It's, uh, it's weird, but...
我不知道‥感觉很怪‥
this is all so fascinating, so what are you gonna do?
但这个课很棒
-那接下来要怎样? -是的
Right.
NATHAN: Thomas's ambiguous emotions
我很难读懂汤玛士暧昧不明的态度
were hard for me to read, but then I got the sense
但接着我明白,他从第一天起 就对这个方法感到不自在
he had been uncomfortable with this method
since the very first day.
So, yeah. That's what makes me feel
对,这是让我有时觉得很怪的地方
-kinda weird about it sometimes. -About doing these-- this...
你是说关于做这些‥
...specific kind of stalking thing. (CHUCKLES)
准确来说是偷偷跟踪的部分 就是菲尔德方法
The Fielder Method.
NATHAN: Which was interesting because I had not felt that
这很奇妙 因为我扮演他时不这么觉得
when I was him.
So rather than recreating today's lesson,
所以我没有重现今天的课
I decided to experience that first day again
而是决定重新过第一天
to see if I had missed something.
看看我是否错过了什么重点
-Hey, I'm Nathan. -Thomas.
-我是奈森 -我是汤玛士
-Thomas? Good to meet you. -Yeah. Good to meet you.
汤玛士,很高兴见到你
很高兴见到你,我能入座吗?
-Uh, yeah, have a seat. -Sure, yeah.
-请坐 -好的
-And, uh, just hang out. -Okay, great.
-自在聊天即可 -太好了
NATHAN: This time, I was focused
这次我专心体会他的心态
on really getting into his mindset.
So I just kept saying to myself in my head,
我不断在脑中告诉自己
"Your name is Thomas and you're an actor."
你叫汤玛士,是个演员
"How do you feel?"
你现在感觉如何?
I have a show that requires a specific type
我有个节目需要特定的表演方式
-of performance. -NATHAN: Almost immediately,
我当下马上感觉到一股兴奋之情
I felt a rush of excitement come over me when I remembered
就在我想起镜头在拍我的那一刻
there were cameras filming me.
HBO cameras.
而且是HBO的镜头
我喜欢被拍
I love being on camera.
But I wanted to play it cool, like I didn't care that much.
但我想装作我不在乎那般若无其事
With this show, if your per-- if your performance
你在这节目里要是表演得不精准
isn't accurate...
you could ruin someone's life.
你可能会毁了一个人的人生
NATHAN: Wait, what is this show?
等等,这是什么节目?
Is this a show about an acting class?
这是演技课的节目吗?
Am I supposed to be acting? Something doesn't make sense.
我应该是要演戏吗?
总觉得哪里不对
If you're training actors for a show,
若真要为节目训练演员
why would you be filming the training?
为何要拍摄训练过程?
剧集 | 彩排(2022) | 导航列表