剧集 | 彩排(2022) | 导航列表
He's an air traffic controller...
他是飞航管制员
-PATRICK: Yeah. -...I mean, he needs logic,
-他需要逻辑,避免发生坠机 -好
that's-- He keeps planes from crashing.
-Yeah. -NATHAN: And you know that-- I don't know how much
所以我不知道这种论点会多有效‥
that argument would just...
-PATRICK: Yeah. -An arm wrestle's gonna work with him, or...
-好‥ -跟他比腕力是否会有用‥
Oh, yeah, you know, I mean, I get what you're saying.
我懂你的意思
NATHAN: On my first day with him, I stayed pretty late.
跟他排练的第一天,我工作到很晚
And when I got home,
回到家时,亚当已经上♥床♥了
-Adam was already in bed. -ANGELA: There you go.
You just did it when you moved the small hand
你将小手摆到大手下面时 就已经成功了
under the big hand.
等安洁拉说完床边故事时
NATHAN: And by the time Angela finished her bedtime story,
it was too late for mine.
已经没时间让我说故事了
♪ (DRAMATIC MUSIC PLAYING) ♪
ANGELA: This was actually a book that Adam picked off the shelf
这其实是亚当 从楼上的书架自己挑的书
-from the book up-- the shelf upstairs. -Oh, really?
-真的吗? -对,他从书架上选了这本
Yep, he just picked this one off the shelf. (CHUCKLES)
NATHAN: And you've been reading it?
”《野生花卉》” 你一直看?
Yeah, I've just been looking
对,我一直在看不同种类的花
at the different kinds of flowers in there.
NATHAN: Cool. Um...
真酷,他问过我的事吗?
Does he ever ask about me or anything?
Uh... (CLICKS TONGUE) ...I don't think so.
我想没有
Not that I could think at the moment.
我目前想不到
-♪ (WHIMSICAL MUSIC PLAYING) ♪ -(BIRDS CHIRPING)
(SNIFFS)
Hey! Good morning.
早安
-How are you? -ADAM: I'm great, thank you.
-我很开心 -你好吗?
How much?
要吃多少,这样够吗?
-Is that enough? -Yep.
-够 -很好
NATHAN: I told Angela that I would take Adam
我告诉安洁拉,今天由我来照顾亚当
for the day to give her time to work on her Etsy business
让她有时间在电商平台上 贩卖♥♥自♥制♥的护肤霜
selling home-made skin creams.
-Hey, here's your tea. -Hi.
-你的茶来了 -谢谢
-Oh, thanks. -And here's some cereal
-还有早餐谷片 -谢谢
-for breakfast. Okay. -Thank you. Thanks.
-吃吧 -这是无麸质谷片吗?
Do you know if it's gluten-free?
Um...
-♪ (MILD TEMPO MUSIC PLAYING) ♪ -NATHAN: There are several components
好的排练,得由几个要素组成
to a good rehearsal.
So far, my focus has been on practicing the actions
目前为止我的重点一直是练习‥
现实生活中可能会遇到的行为和言语
and the words that you're likely to encounter in your real life.
This is where Daddy works.
这是爸爸工作的地方
-This is Adam, he's my son. -PATRICK: Hey, Adam.
-他是亚当 -你好,亚当
-他是我儿子 -她绝不会那么做
She's not doing that at all, dude. You don't know her.
-你又不认识她‥ -她就是拜金女
-ISAAC: She is a gold digger. -Dude, she's not.
老弟,她不是
NATHAN: But I've recently come to realize
但我最近开始意识到
I've been neglecting one key component
我一直忽略重要生活事件中 一个关键的部分
of every crucial life event.
Feelings.
感觉
When I did my rehearsal with Core,
跟寇尔一起排练时
he was able to master the verbal and physical choreography
他能够掌握 自己的言语和行为动作
of his situation.
I've decided to give you a little buzz.
我决定帮你点杯酒
NATHAN: But when it came time to confess his lie
但在真正的酒吧里 向真实的朋友坦承谎言时
at the real bar
to his real friend, he completely froze.
他彻底僵住了
It's like you could see the adrenaline running
你仿佛能看见 肾上腺素在他的血管里流淌
through his veins.
The pressure of the real situation finally hit him.
现实情况的压力向他袭来
And this is something that never happened once
那是他排练时从未发生过的情况
in his rehearsal. Which means,
意思是我没有帮他 准备好面对他的感觉
I failed to prepare him for how he would feel.
Me spending time with Adam has only confirmed this theory.
与亚当共度的时光证实了这个理论
I'm acting like a dad, but I definitely
我表现得像人父
但我绝对不觉得自己是人父
don't feel like one, and that's a problem.
这会是个问题
So, how can I prepare Patrick
所以要怎么帮助派翠克 为他的感觉做好准备
for the feeling of sitting across from someone
who's withholding an inheritance he feels entitled to?
面对扣留了 他觉得属于他的遗产的人?
Well, there's a part of this rehearsal
此次排练 我将一部分内容向派翠克保密
I've been keeping secret from Patrick
to accomplish exactly this.
好达成我的目的
-ISAAC: Hey, Pat. -Mm-hmm?
-派翠克 -老兄
Hey, man. My family barn's not too far from here.
我家的谷仓离这里不远
-Mm-hmm. -And there's a generator
我必须将里头的一台发电机搬出谷仓
that I have to actually move out of that barn.
Yeah, I can help you move it.
好啊,我可以帮你搬
NATHAN: After today's rehearsal,
今天的排练过后
I had the actor playing Patrick's brother ask Patrick
我请扮演派翠克弟弟的演员
以不是他弟的身份麻烦派翠克‥
out of character to help him move an old generator
帮演员搬他爷爷谷仓里的 一台旧发电机
at his grandpa's barn.
-JOHNNY: I'm Johnny. Patrick. -PATRICK: Patrick.
-我是强尼,派翠克 -派翠克,幸会
-Nice to meet you. -Pleased to meet you.
幸会,谢谢你来帮忙
Thanks for coming out.
NATHAN: But this is not the actor's real grandpa.
但这位不是演员真正的爷爷
This grandpa is also an actor, but Patrick doesn't know that.
这位爷爷也是演员
但派翠克不知情
JOHNNY:
这是怎么回事?
They're filming me. It's a documentary.
他们在为纪录片拍摄我
我不要被拍到纪录片里
No, I know, they're just...
我知道,但他们不是在拍你,爷爷
-他们只是在拍‥-好吧
-JOHNNY: All right. Nice. -Yeah.
(GROANS)
-干得好 -就这样?
-That's it, yeah? -Yeah.
不是的,听着,还有一件事
今晚是约会之夜,我不能留下
-约会之夜?-对,我得走了
-"Date night"? -Yeah.
-I have to go. I promise-- -I'll help you out.
-我可以帮你 -我保证‥
-ISAAC: Are you sure? -Yeah. I can help out.
-你确定? -可以
Dude, that's not his job to do. It's your job!
那不是他该做的,是你该做的
希望她甩了你这浑蛋
-You can help me with this? -Yeah, I can help you out. What do you need?
-你能帮我吗? -我可以帮你,要做什么?
NATHAN: And that's when the grandpa reveals that beneath
这时候,爷爷告诉他
地板下藏了一张地图
the floorboards is a map leading to some gold that he had buried
直指他几年前为了避税 埋在他土地上的一些黄金
on his property years ago to avoid taxes.
JOHNNY:
里头有很多珍贵的高价物品
PATRICK: Yeah.
我要全挖出来
-JOHNNY: -PATRICK: Yeah.
-JOHNNY: -PATRICK:
我无法告诉你我有多感谢你
不客气
NATHAN: Over the next several hours I needed Patrick
接下来的几个小时内
我要让派翠克跟这位老人建立情感
and this old man to form a bond.
以前我祖父需要时,我总会帮他
PATRICK:
我弟弟从没那么做过
-他总在旁边玩闹-但你都在帮忙
-JOHNNY: -PATRICK:
我都在帮忙,因为‥
JOHNNY:
-我也是被这样教育长大的-了解
PATRICK: Yeah.
如此坚定的情感‥
NATHAN: A bond strong enough that will result in this grandpa
让这位爷爷 将派翠克列入他的遗嘱中
including Patrick in his will.
Just days before he drops dead of natural causes.
几天后,他会因自然原因而过世
So then, the only thing standing in the way of Patrick
到时唯一阻碍派翠克继承那些东西的
getting this inheritance is the wills executor.
就是遗嘱的执行人
扮演派翠克弟弟的演员
The actor playing Patrick's brother.
Giving Patrick's rehearsal the exact same stakes,
这让派翠克的排练有了同样的条件
and hopefully, the exact same feelings
希望能让他感受到 与现实生活完全相同的感觉
-as his reality. -♪ (MUSIC CONCLUDES) ♪
(CRIES)
Okay, okay.
好的‥
NATHAN: But before meeting up with them,
但在跟他们会合前
I had to take Adam home for his nap.
我得带亚当回家睡午觉
NATHAN: Hey.
我只是在想‥
Yeah, I was just thinking...
I don't know if you'd be open to a part-time nanny maybe
不知道你是否愿意聘请钟点保姆
-and that would allow us to-- -Oh, a part-time nanny?
好让我们‥
钟点保姆吗?
Yeah. I would be open to that.
好啊,我愿意
That way you could do your work
这样你就能忙你的工作 我也能做我的事‥
and I could do mine.
Yeah, I think that's a good idea.
是啊,那是个好主意
If we can find a person we trust.
只要能找到我们信任的人就好
NATHAN: Yeah, okay. I'll see you later though.
好,晚点见了
-Okay, see you later, Nathan. -NATHAN: Yeah. Okay.
-好,待会儿见,奈森 -好喔
-Thanks. -Thanks.
-谢了 -谢谢
You're good to put Adam to bed?
你可以哄亚当上♥床♥睡觉吗?
-ANGELA: Yes. -Okay, cool.
-可以 -太好了
♪ (MILD TEMPO MUSIC PLAYING) ♪
NATHAN: Patrick and the old man had been searching for the gold
派翠克跟老人 找了好几个小时的黄金
剧集 | 彩排(2022) | 导航列表